You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!:
    He played queen jack suited, face up. Its a decent hand, it has great potential, but isn't a powerhouse hand. The min raise is "sitting on the fence" - you aren't committing to the hand. What are you trying to achieve by the min raise? - Tempting someone to come over the top? - Trying to steal the  blinds? - Hoping to see a cheap flop? Your raises need to be consistent, if you raise 3xbb with AA, but 200 with weaker hands, good players will pick up on this and you will get crushed.  JQs is a good hand to play deep stacked, with small blinds. Time and a place to play it speculatively, and other times, it needs to be played strongly. I'd argue the example you gave, is a time to play it strong, or not at all. Btw Im amazed the pocket tens don't raise you pre flop, maybe he smelt a rat with the min raise (I doubt it as he gets it in on the flop) lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

finaly a sensible comment DOHHHHHH i play differnt all the time and mix it up so my opponents dont know what im doing. The min raise did give me a lot of info  believe it or not and can be very powerfull in my opinion. The moves i can make are either -

# fold QJ suited preflop after only a min raise of 100 with position on the person that made the raise

# flat call see a cheap flop and hope 4 players after me dont re-raise or they all call which makes my hand weaker and i look weak also anyone could hit anything with 6 players and i wont know where i am.

#min raise which i did this bumps up the bb to 200 which is 2 times the bb, people behind me either call or fold or reraise again, and this gives me information which it did in respect that i only had 2 callers and no reraise, only 2 players left not 6, and if you can tell what ive got then fair play your a good player but there is no way you could i look stronger than the origional raiser or he would have put in a decent raise after me. If someone shows strength they would have reraised prob and i would have if i held pocket 10s he was worried i had A,k,J or Q? and wanted to see a flop just incase.

#or Reraise 5-6 times the blind and they all fold and i only make 150, get someone either push call or reraise me again which means im getting overly commited with an average hand pre flop which is going to get me in big doo doo cos ill either have to call or fold. making me lose 600 of my chips without even seeing a flop. Then if i dont hit any of the flop im either going to have to bluff, fold or chase a draw which will end up crippling me or knocking me out or i lose most or all of my stack.

If im aggresive all the time seasoned players will know this and read me respectively if im always tight they will gather this also. If i make the odd min raise as i did they aint going to know where they are. As i said previously its not how i play every hand but on this occasion i did and i was completely happy with it. In relation to betting big with big hands and weak with weak hands this couldnt be further from the truth i have different tactics and change constantly i dont want people to read me by being consistant. ill raise with 67 suited or worse lol its not always about the cards you hold.

I posted this on here not to really discuss how i played pre flop but the crazy call. dont forget betting pre flop you still have to think about post flop, turn and river. I was thinking ahead. And how much it would cost me. If i fold after another reraise ive only lost 200 chips. Its my play and ill stick by it at least i would have lived to play another hand.

The only thing i can think of why he called was he thought that i was holding an A because of my min reraise so didnt believe i held either the Q or J but only he can say that.