You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's PTP goodness

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Ladies and gentlemen of the Sky Poker Community ... OmaHartigan is back!

Like Alan Partridge, I'm still waiting for my second series to be commissioned.  But, in the meantime, I'm able to bring you a one-off Easter Bank Holiday Weekend Special.

From 7pm, there'll be the usual stuff and nonsense at the PLO cash tables - with Omaha put on hold at 8pm, so I can play the £6k Double Stack.

And, as usual, I'm able to offer FREE entry to the 8pm main event on Tuesday (6th) to one lucky forum-poster.

The format of tonight's competition is inspired by the winner of Monday's contest, TommyD.  We all know that 'Rounders' is one of the greatest poker movies ever made.  But, there's a few silly things in the film likely to tilt hardcore poker geeks!  So, all you have to do is complete the following sentence:

"The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is..."

Please post your answer in this thread.  The competition closes at 11pm.  I'll be judge, jury and executioner - and will announce the winner shortly after cashing out at 11:15.

Enjoy :-)

Comments

• edited April 2010

The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is...

It is NOT about a group of naked women trying to play baseball.
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Tonight's PTP goodness:
    Ladies and gentlemen of the Sky Poker Community ... OmaHartigan is back! Like Alan Partridge, I'm still waiting for my second series to be commissioned.  But, in the meantime, I'm able to bring you a one-off Easter Bank Holiday Weekend Special. From 7pm, there'll be the usual stuff and nonsense at the PLO cash tables - with Omaha put on hold at 8pm, so I can play the £6k Double Stack. And, as usual, I'm able to offer FREE entry to the 8pm main event on Tuesday (6th) to one lucky forum-poster. The format of tonight's competition is inspired by the winner of Monday's contest, TommyD.  We all know that 'Rounders' is one of the greatest poker movies ever made.  But, there's a few silly things in the film likely to tilt hardcore poker geeks!  So, all you have to do is complete the following sentence: "The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is..." Please post your answer in this thread.  The competition closes at 11pm.  I'll be judge, jury and executioner - and will announce the winner shortly after cashing out at 11:15. Enjoy :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
     A SLIGHT BIT OF POETIC LICENSE USED HERE JAMES :

MOVIE QUOTES AS FOLLOWS :

worm says :  she's really got him by the b alls

petra        :  that's not so bad is it ?

worm        :  it depends on the grip !

mike mc dermott : its immoral to let a sucker keep his money !     

[ his girlfriend says we don't have time for  s ex  now ]

mike mc dermott : i will be quick , really quick , you wont feel a thing .

but i feel the best quote/saying  in the movie and in poker in general is :

if you cant spot the sucker in the first half a hour at the poker table,

you are that sucker !

• edited April 2010
    Er...the point of the competition, ROVER, is to point out the stuff you DON'T like about 'Rounders'!!! :-)
  • edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is......is that in the one and only sauna scene in the movie, the background extras are exclusively male.
  • edited April 2010
    Never seen the film.

Been told that the lights on top of the police cars are wrong somehow i'm sure being a film buff you could explain James
  • edited April 2010
    Dont know, never watched it
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP goodness:
    Er...the point of the competition, ROVER, is to point out the stuff you DON'T like about 'Rounders'!!! :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan

yep aware of that m8y ,

just thought i add a few funny ones ,

its ok you can shove your prize up your mmmmm,

arms lol and give it to someone else lol !

no probs !
  • edited April 2010
    Dont know, never watched it
    Posted by acebarry10
    I'm accepting entries until 11pm, Barry.  Plenty of time to see the movie and then formulate a response :-)

• edited April 2010
    Right...

In honour of Richard Orford (it's his birthday, apparently), let's play some poker!

I'm at Bromley - 5p/10p PLO cash table.

• edited April 2010
    Also at Lewisham.  Plenty of free seats!
  • edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is "HOW GREAT A FILM IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE, BUT IS TOTAL MMMMMMM, WHATS THAT WORD"
  • edited April 2010
    the most redonkulous thing about rounders is when damon walks into the office with the poker game going on ( i think stud) and tells his boss 2 raise and then announces all the other players hands, imo impossible!!!!!
    great film tho
  • edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is... when Matt Damon thinks he has won the hand but he hasnt!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Sorry I've gone quiet, but, amazingly, I'm still in the £6k Double Stack!

We're at the first break.  I have 9,596 in chips: currently 62nd out of 239.

• edited April 2010
    Dont know, still aint watched it :)
  • edited April 2010
    different planet bazza?
  • edited April 2010
    different planet bazza?
    Posted by porkerman
    Nah, dont watch films all that often
  • edited April 2010
    question has any 1 seen that movie with nicolas cage and sarah jessica parker , i dont know what its called
    but they play stud i think and he has a straight flush against a higher straightflush and the guy who won the pot was like well if u cant pay let me spend the week with your girlfriend lol decent movie
  • edited April 2010
    question has any 1 seen that movie with nicolas cage and sarah jessica parker , i dont know what its called but they play stud i think and he has a straight flush against a higher straightflush and the guy who won the pot was like well if u cant pay let me spend the week with your girlfriend lol decent movie
    Posted by timebomb10
    It's called 'Honeymoon in Vegas' - and I beg to differ with your critical assessment :-)

• edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about rounders is the little bat they use?
  • edited April 2010
    cheers guna buy it if i can find it in one of them junk basket things
    sorry to the guys who hasnt seen the movie i basically told you the whole story
    (nicolas cage when he goes off on 1 is like me after a bad beat) lol and that sarah jessica parker
    looks really nice in it :P shame i think of annie the musical when i think of her JUST PUTS ME OFF HER
  • edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is .......

When Matt Damon's character is watching the law professor's poker game and he is so absolutely clear about what hands are held by the players.  It would be "more realistic" if he put players on a range of hands, coming up with some percentage chance of what different players are holding, rather than the specificity of his analysis in the film.  But more important than that is the fact that the entire plot develops when Worm takes $10,000 in credit and charges it to the account of Matt Damon's character. That would never happen!!!!

Good Luck Tonight
  • edited April 2010
    Apologies for the lack of Omaha action on OmaHartigan this evening, but I'm STILL in the £6k Double Stack!

At the second break, I have 60,690 in chips - 5th out of 59.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll over-play a mediocre hand like QT during the next level, resulting in a swift exit and a return to the 5p/10p PLO tables...

• edited April 2010
    I know I'm repeating myself from last time but:

The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is..."

Jonhy Chan folding a hand preflop after he willingly put a chip in it.
  • edited April 2010
    So, I've made it into the final 10!

Thanks to all my supporters on the rail - I really appreciate it.

I'll sort out the competition, etc. when this tournament's finally over!!!

• edited April 2010
    GOOD LUCK JAMES

TAKE IT DOWN!
  • edited April 2010
    Wd James
    Having an early diner must of helped :)
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010
    Well Played James.

I can now officially crown you Sky Poker Reigning PTP Champion 2010.