You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (2nd>4th)

edited April 2010 in The Shed
Right, a long weekend this week & it starts right here. Most selections will be posted up later today but for starters I'm going for a Friday special on these 3:

West Brom to beat Leicester (H) @ 8/13
Millwall to beat Brentford (H) @ 1/2
Norwich to beat Tranmere (A) @ 8/11

These 3 pay 3/1 so a cheeky tenner to get the ball rolling for the weekend sounds good to me.

West Brom are one of the form teams of the Championship at the moment with only 1 defeat in their last 8 home & away. At the Hawthorns they've won their last 6 straight. At a quick glance Leicester's away form actually doesn't look too bad with victories against Doncaster & Palace in their last 6. However, they've lost their last 2 at Derby & Cardiff & West Brom should be too strong for them at The Hawthorns knowing that 3 points here will edge them a little closer to the top flight whilst putting a little more daylight between themselves & the chasing pack.

Only Norwich have a slightly better recent home record in League 1 than Millwall. It's now 11 league games since they lost at The New Den & in their last 10 there they've won 9 of them (Southampton are the only team to take a point from there in this run). Brentford have been doing reasonably well on the road of late winning 3 of their last 6, however they have lost 3 of their last 4 away from Griffin Park & I think it's highly unlikely they'll be able to stop that becoming 4 from 5 tonight.

Tranmere are battling against relegation & the last thing they need tonight is a visit from league leaders Norwich who are tearing the division up. Tranmere have lost 2 & drawn once of their last 3 at Prenton Park & have a few injury & suspension worries too. Norwich pretty much have a clean bill of health & are fast closing in on an instant return to the Championship. Norwich have only lost once on the road in their last 12 away from Carrow Road which came at Millwall back in February.

Jay

Comments

• edited April 2010
    LIKE THE TREBLE WILL GIVE IT A GO

IVE DONE WOLVES DRAW/WIN 16/5
                  READING 7/4
                  BLACKBURN 5/4

IN A 50P TRIXIE PAYS ABOUY £25 QUID

BLACKBURN ARE GOING WELL AND POMPEY ARE STUGGLING NWITH INJURIES AND THE WORD IS THAT AVRAM IS GOING TO PLAY SOME YOUTH/FRINGE PLAYERS
    READING ARE ON FIRE AT THE MOMENT AND IPSWICH ARENT
    WOLVES HAVE HIT A GOOD STRING OF FROM AND ARSENAL WITHOUT FABREGAS/ARSHAVIN/VAN PERSIE DONT FILL ME WITH CONFIDENCE

ALSO DONE AN ACCY ON 

NEWCASTLE
    MILLWALL
    BURTON
    DAGENHAM
    NORWICH
    NOTTS COUNTY
    RANGERS

• edited April 2010
    Thanks for posting bob-jay, I hadn't realised their was any games today. Just had a quick look, and I'm going to do your treble, 2 of them live thats good enough for me. I will do a couple more but seperate from the treble. Morecambe v Crewe Draw- single.
    And Oxford @ Hayes+Yed.  +Salisbury home to Ebbsfleet,  in a double. Good luck jay- and as someone always used to post on here.     B  LUKKY.
  • edited April 2010
    On to tomorrow's games & three different bets for me.

Main Acca:

Man City to beat Burnley (A) @ 8/13
    Newcastle to beat Peterborough (A) @ 4/7
    Rochdale to beat Chesterfield (A) @ 5/4
    Notts Co to beat Bury (H) @ 8/11
    Inverness to beat Raith (H) @ 4/9

These 5 pay 13/1

Both City & Burnley need the points for different reasons here but Burnley are struggling & look to be down already. Despite starting the season strongly at home winning 5 of their first 6 at Turf Moor, they've won there just once since then (unfortunately that single victory came against us!). That victory is also Burnley's only victory in the last 21 home & away. City are unbeaten in their last 4 away from home including impressive victories at Fulham & Chelsea.
    New castle can clinch an instant return to the top flight with Victory at Peterborough tomorrow if Forest lose at Bristol City & I certainly expect them to uphold their end of the bargain. Newcastle have lost only once in their last 10 home & away whilst Peterborough have just been poor all season. They could also be relegated tomorrow if they lose & results go against them.
    Chesterfield have been a bogey team for my acca's of late losing games they should've won & conceding last second equalisers. This time I'm sure I've got it right with them. Their recent form is equal to bottom side Darlington with only 1 win in their last 6. Rochdale are the form team of the division winning their last 5 on the bounce.
    Fortunately for Chesterfield, they're not the most out of form side in the division. That accolade goes to Bury who face a very tricky trip to Notts Co.  Bury have 1 win in their last 8 home & away and have only picked up 2 points from their last 12 on the road. County have the 2nd best recent form record in the division winning 4 & drawing 2 of their last 6 home & away. In fact, they're unbeaten in 9 anywhere. They currently sit 2nd with games in hand over their promotion rivals & will be looking to put some more space between themselves & Bury who currently occupy 6th place. County are unbeaten in their last 6 at home, winning 4 of them.
    Inverness are currently 4 points clear at the top of the Scottish 1st division & they come up against a Raith side who are only 3 points clear of the relegation play off spot (albeit with games in hand).

Handicapped Acca:

Man City (-1) to beat Burnley (A) @ 7/4
    Bristol City (+1) to beat Forest (H) @ 8/15
    Swindon (+1) to beat Leeds (A) @ 4/5
    Charlton (+1) to beat MK Dons (A) @ 1/2
    Rangers (-2) to beat Hamilton (H) @ 11/8

These 5 pay a healthy 26/1

As I touched on earlier, Burnley are all but down now & with Tevez in form this game won't help their goal difference. Bristol City have picked up since Gary Johnson left & considering Forest's recent away form 8/15 with a goal start is big. Leeds have not only let top spot slip from their grasp but are now in serious danger of ending up in the play offs again. They've dropped points at Elland Road to lesser teams than Swindon who have picked up again after a sticky patch. Charlton are only 3 points off 2nd spot but face a tricky trip to Milton Keynes. Charlton beat the Dons 5-1 at the Valley earlier in the season but they're tricky customers at home. Rangers have all but won the league & have already beaten Hamilton 4-1 at Ibrox earlier in the season. For all intents & purposes Hamilton have very little left to play for now as well. They can't finish in the top half & are pretty safe from relegation being 11 points clear.

Long Shot:

Man Utd to beat Chelsea (H) @ 13/8
    Stoke to beat Hull (H) @ 4/5
    Spurs to beat Sunderland (A) @ 11/10
    Reading to beat Ipswich (A) @ 7/4
    Huddersfield to beat Wycombe (A) @ 11/10

These 5 are paying a big 56/1 so a small dabble is the order of the day here.

Man Utd at home & not odds on? OK, I know they're playing Chelsea but still, 13/8 is too big to ignore. Stoke really should be beating a Hull side who have yet to win away from home all season. I mean, even we beat them at Upton Park! Spurs haven't won at Sunderland since 2001 but they know anything less than 3 points here means missing out on 4th spot (considering the other games in their run in as well). Sunderland have picked up a bit of late so this one is gonna be tight. As a side note, it might even be worth a punt on Darren Bent scoring the first goal @ 5/1. He'll be up for this game make no mistake. Reading are one of the form teams in the Championship having lost only once in their last 8 & they very nearly took the points against West Brom last week too. However, Ipswich have drawn 18 of their 40 league games so far & this could easily finish in another stalemate. Huddersfield are very hit & miss & currently sit outside the play offs by just 3 points. If they do miss out it'll be down to their away form. Wycombe are currently 7 points from safety & picking up points at home will be crucial if they're to survive.

Good luck with all your bets over the weekend.

Jay
  • edited April 2010
    Hey Jay,

only just the other day one of my colleagues who reads the forum was telling me how much he enjoys these threads of yours!

keep up the good work mate!
  • edited April 2010
    Right here's my accumulator for today

Norwich
    Northampton
    Millwall
    West Brom
    Sporting Lisbon

11/1 nd I have stuck 15 quid on!
    Good luck everyone, lets make this a GOOD FRIDAY!!!
  • edited April 2010

Glad theres some late football as i went out this afternoon and missed the earlykick offs, had a £10 accaon the following at odds of 14.64/1.

westbrom 8/13
    Millwall 1/2
    Norwhich 3/4
    Northmapton 5/4
    Rushden & Diamonds 8/15

Not sure about Northampton to be honest jsut neeeded to boost the bet up, but think the other 4 should win.

Good Luck Guys

Gareth

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (2nd>4th):
    Hey Jay, only just the other day one of my colleagues who reads the forum was telling me how much he enjoys these threads of yours! keep up the good work mate!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Always like to share what little knowledge I have Rich, lol. And it's all for free
  • edited April 2010
    what the hell are Norwhich playing at 2 down already?????? cant you tell weve all backed them grrrrrr
  • edited April 2010
    I no I can't believe it, I've turned the game off in disgust and will now be grumpy for the rest of the night! lol  Thnx Norwich!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Errrr.............

I'm speechless. 3-0 after half an hour. Nightmares about the opening day at home to Colchester all over again. What in the h ell is going on there?!?!?!?!

And to top it off Millwall have just gone 1-0 down too.

This game is just crazy sometimes
  • edited April 2010
    I'm not to blame here for once, i'm waiting until tomorrow to turn the Wycombes and Grimsbys into absolute world-beaters.
  • edited April 2010

loving these threads, great reading

ive going for following

man city to beat burnley
    arsenal to beat wolves
    blackburn to beat pompey
    stoke to beat hull
    spurs to beat sunderland
    middlesboro to beat palace

pays 26 to 1

if you add  man u to beat chelsea its 71-1

good luck

• edited April 2010
    Hey Guys

I dont know why everyone thinks man utd will beat chelsea??? Rooney is out... Chelsea have had all week 2 prepare unlike united travelling to germany and playing in the champs league, plus chelsea are scoring loads lately, 12 goals in last 2 games... i would fancy chelsea, chelsea +1 is 1/2, that price is quality!!!!!!

The £20 acca i done at the start of the week pays £188....

Notts county 8/11
    Rochdale 7/5
    Inverness 4/9
    Newcastle 4/7

Might also do another £20 treble on..

Chelsea +1 1/2
    Bristol city +1 8/15
    Motherwell 4/6

Pays £80

Good luck boys
  • edited April 2010
    try this with your own predications or mine feel lucky this wkd.got treble up on thurs all 2-1's valencia and southhampton let me down will get all five or four soon keep getting the trble

10 * 20c trebles
    5   * 20c 4fold
    1   * 2e  accum  16bets  = 5e or pounds

aresnal 2 wolves 0
    bolton 1  villa 2
    portsmouth 0  bburn  2
    stoke 2  hull 1
    sland 1  spurs  3  going do  one in lower leagues also
  • edited April 2010
    Ok my losing bets for the day are........

Stoke 8/11
    Middlesboro 7/10
    Bournemouth 10/11

only a small trebble confident about this one only pays 5.62/1 had £20 on it.

Burton 1/2
    Walsall 11/8
    Newcastle 4/7
    Blackburn 23/20

Not so confident about this bet but they are all playing bottom of the league so they SHOULD win again ive had £20 on it @ odds of 12.05/1

Spurs 11/10
    Reading 9/5
    Swindon 10/3
    Shrewsbury 11/5

This is my booky spanker bet really dont expect it to come in, think Swindon will let me down just dont like the way leeds are playing.  This pays a nice 80.91.

Good luck guys, it would be nice if we could just get to half time without one of our teams already being 2.0 down.

Gareth
  • edited April 2010
    Today I'm doing.Stoke 4/5 + Preston 5/6.  double
    Newcastle @ 4/7 + Man City@ 8/13  double.
    + Cardiff  6/5 with Everton 4/9.
    Man utdvChelsea. A pen awarded @5/2 (bet 365) with a little saver on 2 or more pens @ 10/1.
    Also first 3 in bobs main acca Man City-Newcastle + Rochdale Enhanced odds treble 5/1 (corals)
    Oh! and my super six picks.
    arsenal 2-0.
    bolton 1-0.
    portsmouth 2-3
    stoke 2-0
    sunderland 1-1
    ipswich 1-2.  good luck all.
  • edited April 2010
    Here's my draw acca:

Bolton v Villa
    Sunderland v Spurs
    Bristol City v Forest
    Leeds v Swindon
    Rotherham V Port Vale

Pays 439/1

Good Luck everyone.
  • edited April 2010
    Here's my main acca:

Man City
    Newcastle
    Preston
    Huddersfield
    Notts County
    Motherwell

Pays 28/1
  • edited April 2010
    ive done 3 lines this saturday more coz im bored and i heard the bookies are running out of money lol

main bet

stoke
    notts county
    rochdale
    inverness c t
    cowdenbeath
    livingston

£10 acca pays £262

crazy yankee for fun

bristol city 15/8
    villa 6/4
    swindon 10/3
    ayr 4/1

50p unit yankee pays £209 if all correct

draw perm ( again for a bit of fun, rewards huge if coming in)

middlesboro v palace
    ipswich v reading
    cardiff v swansea
    oldham v gillingham
    mk dons v charlton
    cheltenham v lincoln
    elgin v stranraer

35x 10p trebes 35 x 10p 4folds 21 x 10p 5 folds 7 x 10p 6folds and a 20p acc, total £10 pays in excess of £3500

heres hoping for mega rewards for every1 this easter weekend, gl all
  • edited April 2010
    Hi guys.

Sorry i'm posting late.

Had £60 on manutd/chelsea @ 5/6 both teams to score so already up.

7 x 6fold
    1. Rotherham v Port Vale Rotherham @ 4/5
    2. Hereford v Barnet Hereford @ 11/10
    3. Q.P.R. v Sheff. Wed Q.P.R. @ 10/11
    4. West Brom v LeicesterWest Brom @ 4/6
    5. Millwall v BrentfordMillwall @ 8/15
    6. Southend v YeovilSouthend @ 6/5
    7. Oldham v Gillingham Oldham @ 6/5
    7 x 6fold

1. Cardiff v Swansea Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/15
    2. Middlesbro' v Crystal Palace Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
    3. Bristol City v Nottm. Forest Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
    4. West Brom v Leicester Under 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
    5. Fulham v Wigan Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10
    6. Arsenal v Wolves Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/2
    7. Man. Utd v Chelsea Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10

Last minute bet £11 both teams to score @ 8/11 ipswich/reading

Be lucky

achill 

• edited April 2010
    Why do I get the feeling it's gonna be one of those days where you get so close but not quite close enough?
  • edited April 2010
    Seeing as City are 3-0 up after 7 minutes it looks as though I'll make a couple of quid back from my main acca on the 4-folds. Once again Chesterfield have sc rewed me over for the 3rd time in quick succession. I will not bet on their matches for the remainder of the season.

Unfortunately only Rangers let me down on the handicapped acca too only winning 1-0.

However, all is not lost. I've got a small treble on tonight:

Roda JC to beat RKC Waalwijk (H) @ 4/11
    Gronigen to beat Vitesse (A) @ 5/4
    Barcelona to beat Bilbao (H) @ 1/6

The treble pays 5/2.

There's a full football league & conference programme on Monday so I'll post up my selections during tomorrow.
  • edited April 2010
    ok guys i'm £44 up but have decided to try and get a little more.

£20 double man city win, cardiff/swansea under 2.5 goals pays £50.

• edited April 2010
    Nice work achill. The City game's already a winner but the Cardiff/Swansea one's a tough call. Hope it comes in for ya.

• edited April 2010
    what a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try again monday gl all with your bets
  • edited April 2010
    Just loaded sky bet up fancied another bet, picked out

Az alkmar
    Roda JC
    Heerenveen
    Sevilla
    Montpellier
    Barcelona
    Porto

Only wnated a small 5 quid bet, but this only paid 9/1!!!!! i just know one is gonig to loose so closed it down without putting bet on, so of course now I nkow it will come in you wait and see.
  • edited April 2010
    oh sugar. 92 minute.

Was going to have just a £50 single bet on man city but talked myself out of it.

That's it i'm never listening to me again.

edit. just won £30 in plo mtt so not been to bad a day. 

edit 2. just put £22 on haye to win in rounds 1-9 any method @ 8/11
  • edited April 2010
    Not been a good week for me since collecting some winnings last weekend.
    After placing these two bets my account is now empty so I'm praying at least one of these returns!

Ajax
    Madrid
    PSV
    Villareal

This is 4/1 so although there are no certainties as we have found out, I'm relying heavilly on it and put 10 quid on. Dare I say it's my banker!

Everton
    Celtic
    Valencia
    Villareal
    Mallorca
    Real Madrid
    Marseille
    Auxerre
    Hamburg
    Ajax
    Feyenoord
    Heracles
    PSV

This is a very long shot at around 480/1. Put my last 50p so please be lucky!

A bit cautious about putting certain teams in both bets aswell as a few teams who have played midweek in Europe. It can often be very risky picking teams inbetween European games but I need to take the risk to avoid me making a trip to the bank to refund my account! Which is probably inevitable after results this week.

Good luck everyone and lets hope we can all end the weekend on a high with some winnings!
  • edited April 2010
    Gonna try the following in 7 folds, 8 folds and an acca.

GIRONA @ EVENS

FC NITRA @ 10/11

LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW @ 11/8

ZALAEGERSZEGI @ 9/4

OBERHAUSEN/KAISERSLAUTEN OVER 2.5 GOALS @ EVENS

WOLFSBURG TO SCORE 2+ GOALS @ 4/6

FULHAM TO SCORE 2+ GOALS AT 6/5

LIVERPOOL TO SCORE 2+ GOALS @ EVENS

CELTIC (-1) @ 13/8

Good Luck to Everyone having a bet today.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (2nd>4th):
    Gonna try the following in 7 folds, 8 folds and an acca. GIRONA @ EVENS FC NITRA @ 10/11 LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW @ 11/8 ZALAEGERSZEGI @ 9/4 OBERHAUSEN/KAISERSLAUTEN OVER 2.5 GOALS @ EVENS WOLFSBURG TO SCORE 2+ GOALS @ 4/6 FULHAM TO SCORE 2+ GOALS AT 6/5 LIVERPOOL TO SCORE 2+ GOALS @ EVENS CELTIC (-1) @ 13/8 Good Luck to Everyone having a bet today.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Welcome home emilyegg, You're back where you should be, in the shed.
    (Thanks for the footy info,+ website you sent me a couple of weeks ago).