You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ON THE BOX TONIGHT- THE PRIMO AND THE VEGAS FINAL!

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi all!

Orford here, gearing up for one of the biggest nights of the year so far on Sky Poker.

Not only is it the week's most highly prized tournament- The Primo-with at least £15,000 in the mix BUT at 9 o'clock 19 players (at time of writing) will sit down to play a game with stakes just about as big as they get...

1st place- ONE SEAT TO THE WORLD SERIES OF POKER MAIN EVENT IN AN ALL-EXPENSES PAID PACKAGE

Second place- £9000.

Third place...will GET NOTHING!

Now THAT'S a pressure bubble!

Obviously, if we get some late direct buy-ins, there could be TWO seats up for grabs.

But either way it's massive, and tonight on Channel 865 we're giving over half the show to bringing it to you LIVE as we think it's that important.

Joining me to foam at the mouth in anticipation of some gargantuan poker this evening will be the man for the big occasion- Ed Giddens.

And of course we want your input to make the show really fly.

Best message AND best question tonight will each win free entry into Wednesday night's 8pm Double Stack. So get posting on this very thread!

And look out for a THIRD spot-prize when Ed launches a little mini-comp later in the show.

All in all- it promises to be a VERY big night on the baize.

Can't wait- and see you at 8!

Comments

• edited April 2010

JUST WANT TO WISH ALL THE VEGAS FINALISTS THE VERY BEST OF LUCK.

BUT SPECIAL GOOD LUCK TO MICKJENN1 WHO HAS MADE THE FINAL FROM A £2.85 SUB SUB SAT

COME ON MR ORANGE GET IT WON:)

• edited April 2010
    whos playing snooker rich, baize is what they put on a snooker table is it not?
  • edited April 2010
    Hi guys my question is will any of the sky presenters or analysts be trying their luck in vegas this year?
  • edited April 2010
     Got to be supporting mickjenn1 tonight then would be great to see someone at the WSOP main event from a £2.85 sat cant wait to watch

P.S i feel so sorry in advance for who ever finishes 3rd!
  • edited April 2010
    And of course we want your input to make the show really fly, and heres me thinking Penguin could do that :)

Good luck to all in the final and I am sure you will rise to the occasion Rich ;)

• edited April 2010
    hey richard glad that you on again mate, your proper mint at presenting, ed is a fine specimin too. hope the show goes great for you tonight and maybe you 2 could put up half the buy in each and let ed play the WSOP, and share the prize money?

anyway mate as for my question to you guys tonight, i am currently mopping up on the free play tables on sky poker, and i have a few followers in the forum, some like my game and some have no respect for my game, the thing i wanna ask is. do i after move up the levels to gain the respect of the so called big players or should i say, if you want my respect then you come earn it on the free play tables, after all i am winning a few thousand points just lately and sky dont charge rake on the free play so as far as i am concerned i am in a win win situation? maybe the big stakes players are missing a trick here? let me know what you and ed think mate, cheers

james
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ON THE BOX TONIGHT- THE PRIMO AND THE VEGAS FINAL!:
    And of course we want your input to make the show really fly, and heres me thinking Penguin could do that :) Good luck to all in the final and I am sure you will rise to the occasion Rich ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    now my nitemare is back rich rising to the occasion ( with wife and 3hr clip board ) lol
  • edited April 2010

SERIOUSLY GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN PRIMO AND ESPECIALLY THOSE IN VAGES WILL NOT BE WATCHIN TONITE DAUGHTERS WITH YET ANOTHER HOLIDAY ( YES YOU PHIL-12-UK ) SO WILL WATCH REPEAT DURING WEEK, AND GL WITH SHOW AT LEAST THERE WON`T BE ANY TRAIN STORIES ?? I HOPE

• edited April 2010

Was looking forward 2 railing this but being forced to go out with my gf..sigh lol,Sky plussing it is in order methinks,good luck to all those in the final.
  • edited April 2010
    I think in honour of the Viva Las Vegas bubble there should be 2 spot prizes, but with the added twist of picking a third person who would have won something.  Unfortunately they were on the spot prize bubble, so got nada, nothing, diddly squat.
  • edited April 2010
    Was it Mickjenn1 that was chat banned a while ago?
    Well I hope he is allowed to have a chat in the game tonight?
    Good Luck to everyone
    Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited April 2010
    My prediction for the bubble is..

Pocket pair will move in preflop, it will fold round to the big blind, who will be priced in to call with any two, he will hit his one over card to knock out the bubble.

Snowy
  • edited April 2010
    my predictions for tonight, mickjenn1 and penguin7 to get seats, 3rd place cash will be ljamesl and bubble will be solack. you heard it here first
  • edited April 2010
    my bubble predicition

low to medium stack to shove from the hijack/cut off,  with a marginal hand like AJ/A10, to be called by a big stack who has a massive hand like JJ upwards

• edited April 2010
    Dear Olddie rich and young ed

I think the bubble hand will be about 10.07 and pocket aa will crack ace rag who flops twopair with no preflop raise best wishes tina (not senior)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ON THE BOX TONIGHT- THE PRIMO AND THE VEGAS FINAL!:
    my predictions for tonight, mickjenn1 and penguin7 to get seats, 3rd place cash will be ljamesl and bubble will be solack. you heard it here first
    Posted by hurst05
    poor solly:(

i predict james and sparse get seats

mickjenn a gallant 3rd
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rich and Ed, enjoying tonights show.

Can you give me some tips onhow to play AK out of position, hence with the betting lead after say a missed flop, I tend to c-bet every time but if I then miss the turn as well how do you recommend playing it? Obviously checking here shows weakness but another c bet usually leads to even more chip loss on the hand! Just what is the correct way to play AK with the betting lead on a missed flop and turn?

Thanks
    Dave
  • edited April 2010
    Tips 17 and brand09 to get the seats scotMo1 to get the money.

Sarah36dd08 to be unlucky on the bubble, pushing with AQ gets called by AK
  • edited April 2010
    I think the bubble hand will involve a short stack shove with 55  but will meet with a KK call

Dave
  • edited April 2010
    the bubble hand will be very disturbing!!!! small stack shoves all in and gets called a few positions and has to watch painfully as 2 other players check it down and hit their top pair on the river!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rich and Ed

Retford is in Nottingham, been througn there a few dozen times :)
  • edited April 2010
    sparse will win  penguin second  ljamesl  sadly will be out on the bubble going all in with a mediocre pair like 66 55  and coming up against  aj ak aq
  • edited April 2010

Hi Guys,

Great show..

Please can you show the hand ID below

I gave my opponent some stick in the chat box, Can't beleive he was still in the hand..
    Can you have a look and give me your thoughts... Did I do anything wrong and did he deserve some stick?

Cheers
  • edited April 2010
    I`d love Sky to be forced to take Mickjenn on their hols with them.  Could just see the interview now. 

`I understand you are chat banned Mick?`

`Yes, I sneezed while making a button steal and didnt cover my mouth, or say excuse me afterwards`

gl mick
  • edited April 2010
    Good luck to all in the vegas final ! But I make no predictions other than that I will be giving it my best shot.

• edited April 2010
    And then there were 21........

Good luck to everyone in the Vegas final tonight. There are some seriously good players in there.

• edited April 2010
    Hi again guys

Ed talking about relations of people made me think of this from Spaceballs the movie I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate
  • edited April 2010
    re on the bubble
    short stack utg with k10 off, all in
    bb with 88 calls and hits a set
    and the winning numbers for the lotto this wendesday are..............
  • edited April 2010
    Good luck to all in the vegas final tonight. I think a great story for a package win would be Mickjen if it's correct that he has made the final from a £2.85 satelite and also sparce after just missing out on TP.Good luck.
  • edited April 2010
    GO MICK GO! DO US PROUD M8TY GL

p.s if you do make it and sky film you in vegas will it be bleeped out lol

GL to all :)