You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW BIG?

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Tonight.

9pm.

This Big.

Comments

• edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009

That's £15,000 GUARANTEED.

Satellite in - Sats are running all day.

Good Luck!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm there. It's mine ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Hmmmmmph I need to get working on my 'roll! green eyed monster lurks within me.

Morning chaps, you playing this TK? Phil this would be your 15k target in one hit! DO IT!

Dave

Prop bet on runners TK? I say 650
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG?:
    Hmmmmmph I need to get working on my 'roll! green eyed monster lurks within me. Morning chaps, you playing this TK? Phil this would be your 15k target in one hit! DO IT! Dave Prop bet on runners TK? I say 650
    Posted by Grimstar30
    No, can't play it Dave - I'm doing the Show, with D P Fitzgerald. And - subject to confirmation - more later - a VERY special guest.

Prop Bet on field size?

Well it won't be 650!

I'll play safe, & go for 312.

Online Poker Traffic is the weirdest thing, & is very seasonal. The "light nights", school holidays, summer hols, all affect traffic, just as, amazingly, Champions League Football, The Olympics,  Eurovision Song Contest (!), & suchlike do similarly.

If tonight were in, say, October, I'd go for your figure - that's how much seasonality affects Online Poker, the Online world over.

One of the Major Online Sites had a Fessie this week - & struggled to make 50 runners most nights, for Tourneys for which they'd normally expect 200 runners minimum. The Tourney Guarantees on all Major Sites have all been significantly lowered this month, too.

Which is why I remain very optimistic that the nightly £20 Deepie will make tidy fields - 70 or 80 - come the Winter.
  • edited July 2009
    Dave you're a long way off with 650. We did a prop bet on the field size for the last one, and I believe Tikay actually got the closest with something stupid like 312!

And now just to wind him up, i'm going to take 313!!

Might play in this one. Just got back from holiday and have some spare euros to cash up which should cover the buy-in. I've spent the last 2 days lying in bed ill (Swine Flu?) so it'll be good to get a good nights of poker in.
  • edited July 2009
    Prop bet? 291 runners
  • edited July 2009
    Anything with a nice overlay will do me :)

245 runners plzzzz
  • edited July 2009
    Hope you are better soon Youngun (Neil,right?) 

Oh dear I really was wide of the mark!

Taking the sage words of TK I will re-adjust my guess to 297!

• edited July 2009
    Hope you are better soon Youngun (Neil,right?)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Yeah, my apologies for getting your name wrong in the comment of your blog lol, illness does funny things to you :P
  • edited July 2009
    Dave you're a long way off with 650. We did a prop bet on the field size for the last one, and I believe Tikay actually got the closest with something stupid like 312! And now just to wind him up, i'm going to take 313!! Might play in this one. Just got back from holiday and have some spare euros to cash up which should cover the buy-in. I've spent the last 2 days lying in bed ill (Swine Flu?) so it'll be good to get a good nights of poker in.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Bang out of order.

Ban plz Mods. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Closest to the mark gets the Marigolds TK! lol  my 2nd blog is up go check it out everyone :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG? : Bang out of order. Ban plz Mods. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nothing like a bit of gamesmanship Teeks ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Ok chaps,

Our special guest for this evening will be James Dempsey an online wizard, old mukka of Tikay's and simply an incredible player.

If you want to advance your play, i seriously suggest watching tonight's show and getting your questions in now!

As it happens I also have a stockpile of books to give away! Great questions / emails and strategy queries are all in the running for some serious literature action!

So get your fingers tapping....

Hope you enjoy this evening, A xx
  • edited July 2009
    Gonna be great guys.  Ahem, how about a blog shout??  Nice comments welcomed on mine especially ;)
  • edited July 2009
    That's £15,000 GUARANTEED. Satellite in - Sats are running all day. Good Luck!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sucks Tikay
    Double Qualified and through only to be told by her in doors we had a prior engagement.
    Have had to pull out and Sky will put me into one in the future, would have been my first one too.
    The Prior engagement
    Birthday;NO
    Anninversary:NO
    Funeral:NO
    On a Promise:Definately NO
    Harry Potter:YES
    I`m welling up here, why does she not know priorities.
    Sob
    Gary

• edited July 2009
    Played a sat earlier and bubbled. K6 beat my A5 so just bought into it now.

Good luck all.
  • edited July 2009

So, tonight's Guest - James Dempsey. Bit special, is James, aka "Royal Flush".

This is the modern-day Poker Pro. Online, almost totally, he get's bored Live.

One of Britain's most successful Poker Pros, he's had two Cashes alone this year which Aggregate over $300,000, & he nets a five-figure Cash most weeks. More a Tourney player than Cash, but can do either.

Most nights he enters 12 or 14 Tourneys, & he regularly 10 or 12 Tables. 

He's also brash, outspoken, & not a little plump. We've been friends for years, & we are Business Partners in another life. 

He lives in Brighton, until recently sharing a flat with recent WSOP bangle Winner J P Kelly.

His problem is that he knows everything - or thinks he does, & we often - nay, always - argue.

He likes to Jam when he's down to 20 x BB, & regularly Calls with nonsense like 2 high. Whereas I play properly, know what I mean?

I'm told he plans to stand in the Analysts Position tonight? Oh really? If he wants my job, he needs to show he's got what it takes. And he has not.

Put yer money on me. Old Skool Rules.

To celebrate his appearance, Ladies World Champ 'Ling - tonight's Producer - has LOTS of Books to give away. Lots.

So get those e-mails in. NOW. "skyopen@bskyb.com".

Well, have you written in yet?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG? : Sucks Tikay Double Qualified and through only to be told by her in doors we had a prior engagement. Have had to pull out and Sky will put me into one in the future, would have been my first one too. The Prior engagement Birthday;NO Anninversary:NO Funeral:NO On a Promise:Definately NO Harry Potter:YES I`m welling up here, why does she not know priorities. Sob Gary  
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Tragic that, Gary. Put your foot down man!
  • edited July 2009
    Gonna be great guys.  Ahem, how about a blog shout??  Nice comments welcomed on mine especially ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Blog Shout-Out for Fool12UK coming up.
  • edited July 2009

skyopen@bskyb.com
  • edited July 2009
    skyopen@bskyb.com
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I have to wonder if you are dropping a little hint with this reply ?

Looking forward to the show, with DP should be nearly as good as you are with the deserter ;) sigh going on holiday, whatever next ?

Good luck with tonight

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG? : Hi tikay I have to wonder if you are dropping a little hint with this reply ? Looking forward to the show, with DP should be nearly as good as you are with the deserter ;) sigh going on holiday, whatever next ? Good luck with tonight
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thanks Barry.

Deserter? I won't miss him. I'm twinned with DP tronight, & Michelle on Monday. Miss Orford? I don't think so.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG? : Blog Shout-Out for Fool12UK coming up.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sob sob cry cry........ I have never been so offended! I think Tikay is worried by the competition and has resorted to playground name calling.  And to think, I have written nice things about u in my next unpublished blog.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG? : No, can't play it Dave - I'm doing the Show, with D P Fitzgerald. And - subject to confirmation - more later - a VERY special guest. Prop Bet on field size? Well it won't be 650! I'll play safe, & go for 312. Online Poker Traffic is the weirdest thing, & is very seasonal. The "light nights", school holidays, summer hols, all affect traffic, just as, amazingly, Champions League Football, The Olympics,  Eurovision Song Contest (!), & suchlike do similarly. If tonight were in, say, October, I'd go for your figure - that's how much seasonality affects Online Poker, the Online world over. One of the Major Online Sites had a Fessie this week - & struggled to make 50 runners most nights, for Tourneys for which they'd normally expect 200 runners minimum. The Tourney Guarantees on all Major Sites have all been significantly lowered this month, too. Which is why I remain very optimistic that the nightly £20 Deepie will make tidy fields - 70 or 80 - come the Winter.
    Posted by Tikay10

prop bet?  250
  • edited July 2009
    That's £15,000 GUARANTEED. Satellite in - Sats are running all day. Good Luck!
    Posted by Tikay10

hi tikay

am making my debut in £15k tonite   was wondering whats the best way of playing KK have tried various ways last 10 times i have had them lost everyone  or should i just accept that me and kings just don't get on

all the best for the show tonite will be watching while playing

cheers   mick  aka  dtwbandit
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BIG? :      prop bet?  250
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Prop Bet on 250? Nah. You'll lose. It'll be more than that. I hope.......

I'm sticking with my prediction. 312.

OK, rehearsal awaits.

Good Luck to all who play this tonight, & don't forgert the Mini View 1 & Mini-View 2, at 9.40 (?) & 9.45 (?), where Sky Poker will double your winnings if you cash in both. See seperate thread.
  • edited July 2009
    Prop bet = 339