You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

We've got some great news coming your way....

First we had emails....

Then we had texts....

Followed by the forum threads....

But now there is a great new way to contact us on the live show....

LIVE PHONE IN'S!!!!  CALL 0208 918 3127 from 9pm

Yes on tonight at 9pm (channel 865) Michelle and Tikay will be taking live phone calls from everyone and anyone who wants to chat, get some advice or have their hand reviewed.

TONIGHT'S TOPICS - CALL 0208 918 3127 from 9pm

THE WSOP NOVEMBER NINE -
What do you think of the November Nine line up?
Who do you think will win the bracelet?
How important is it to British Poker if James Akenhead wins?

SKY POKER TOURNEYS -
Do you prefer slow or fast tourneys?
Which type suits your playing style?

CASH GAMES -
When is the right time to move up a cash level?
When should you move down a cash level?
How much of your winnings stay in your bankroll?

ASK THE ANAYLST -
Tikay will answer any of your poker strategy questions.
He'll also be available to discuss train, car, aeroplane and lift queries ;-)

CALL 0208 918 3127 from 9pm

Do we miss Orford?....Of course not because we've got you to talk to.

Andy

Comments

• edited July 2009
    The phone number for the show and tonight's topic discussions will be posted here later today..
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY:
    Hi everyone, We've got some great news coming your way.... First we had emails.... Then we had texts.... Followed by the forum threads.... But now there is a great new way to contact us on the live show.... LIVE PHONE IN'S!!!! Yes on tonight at 9pm (channel 865)  Michelle and Tikay will be taking live phone calls from everyone and anyone who wants to chat, get some advice or have their hand reviewed. We'll be posting the discussion topics for the show soon. So make sure you follow this thread for all the updates. Do we miss Orford?....Of course not because we've got you to talk to. Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Wow emails, then texts, forum threads, now live phone what a brilliant idea, I wonder what could be next, Webcam/Video Links ?

Where else can you get easy access/interaction to a great poker show and ask questions of the analysts and presenters, something like How did the mountain climb go Michelle ? and If you are wanting a card for the flush and the next card is the river and a bet has been made before youwhen do you say, no I havnt got the odds to call ?

Looking forward to the show tonight
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Andy
    Isn`t Tikay on the PTP tonight? it says he is on homepage.
    Gary 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY:
    Hi Andy Isn`t Tikay on the PTP tonight? it says he is on homepage. Gary 
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Hi Gary,

It's James Hartigan on PTP tonight. Don't worry you can talk to Tikay tonight live on air.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Andy Isn`t Tikay on the PTP tonight? it says he is on homepage. Gary 
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    gary m8 thy wont let u talk bud ur a gooner,lol,,if u get on say hi from me tk and michelle both know me cheers m8 TIK TOK
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : gary m8 thy wont let u talk bud ur a gooner,lol,,if u get on say hi from me tk and michelle both know me cheers m8 TIK TOK
    Posted by razorkev
    Hi Kev,

Any football supporter of any denomination can chat on the show (and I'm a Spurs supporter). The more the merrier tonight. Hope you give us a call Kev.

BTW - i've really enjoyed your blog so far.

Andy
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Hi Gary, It's James Hartigan on PTP tonight. Don't worry you can talk to Tikay tonight live on air.
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Hi Andy
    Why does homepage say:

Put our poker analysts and presenters to the test on our new televised 'play the presenter' cash tables from 7pm tonight. Tony Kendall will be playing, so remember, don't just play...play the presenter.

Is it cos you don`t want to drive punters away
    I`ve seen Tikays sharkscope, everyone wants in....
    LMAO

PS Don`t have to answer
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Hi Kev, Any football supporter of any denomination can chat on the show (and I'm a Spurs supporter). The more the merrier tonight. Hope you give us a call Kev. BTW - i've really enjoyed your blog so far. Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Good man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about my blog?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Good man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about my blog?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Your blog is great too Phil!!! Hope to hear from you tonight.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Hi Andy Why does homepage say:   Put our poker analysts and presenters to the test on our new televised 'play the presenter' cash tables from 7pm tonight. Tony Kendall will be playing, so remember, don't just play...play the presenter. Is it cos you don`t want to drive punters away I`ve seen Tikays sharkscope, everyone wants in.... LMAO PS Don`t have to answer
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Hi Gary,

Sorry about that - it's a mistake.

My PTP nights this week are Tuesday & Friday.

Apologies.
  • edited July 2009

think its a great idea live phone ins been trying my hand at your bigger tourney's this weekend while watching the show   playing in BH tonite  normally play lower down the scale got some good tips from tikay and co would be great to chat to him live to thank him as its improved my game finished 186th in last nites open

also razor will def be checking out your blog today cheers for the advice

michael  alias DTWBANDIT
  • edited July 2009
         think its a great idea live phone ins been trying my hand at your bigger tourney's this weekend while watching the show   playing in BH tonite  normally play lower down the scale got some good tips from tikay and co would be great to chat to him live to thank him as its improved my game finished 186th in last nites open         also razor will def be checking out your blog today cheers for the advice      michael  alias DTWBANDIT
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi Michael,

Thanks, & I hope you get through to tonight's Show. There'll be quite a queue of callers we expect - we hope! - so apologies if you don't.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Hi Kev, Any football supporter of any denomination can chat on the show (and I'm a Spurs supporter). The more the merrier tonight. Hope you give us a call Kev. BTW - i've really enjoyed your blog so far. Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Good Man Andy, come on you spurs!

Surely Arsenal fans are excluded:)
  • edited July 2009
    The topics and phone number for tonight's show have been posted.

Calls will be answered from 9pm.

So let's get talking.

Andy
  • edited July 2009

No Leccy Pylon or Cantilever Bridge questions then?

What about "where is Britain's WIDEST High Street"? - I know that. Or Britain's longest street market - I know that too. I also know how many beans make five, & how much a pound eggs are.

But if you ask me the Odds to flop a Flush, I'll ask Orpey to answer. Orpey is to Maths what I am to Fashion...... 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Your blog is great too Phil!!! Hope to hear from you tonight.
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    AND MINE AND MINE LOL
  • edited July 2009
    hi tk,,can u say a massive wd to mich for her charity climb,,also portabello rd market??
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Good Man Andy, come on you spurs! Surely Arsenal fans are excluded:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Patrik Viera to spurs you know it makes sense!...Spurs for life ;)
  • edited July 2009
    No Leccy Pylon or Cantilever Bridge questions then? What about "where is Britain's WIDEST High Street"? - I know that. Or Britain's longest street market - I know that too. I also know how many beans make five, & how much a pound eggs are. But if you ask me the Odds to flop a Flush, I'll ask Orpey to answer. Orpey is to Maths what I am to Fashion...... 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay,

What it the height of the worlds largest Cantliver bridge and where is it? I havent got a clue by the way and i cant be bothered to google it..
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Michelle

As Kdanem mentioned

May i add my Congratulations too on your charity climb

PS have you had a chance to wash yet?

Best wishes Gary
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Hi Tikay, What it the height of the worlds largest Cantliver bridge and where is it? I havent got a clue by the way and i cant be bothered to google it..
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Measuring Cantilerver Bridges by height has no relevance Greg - it's the length of Span that matters.

On that criteria, Pont de Quebec (1917) is the world's largest.

The Forth Railway Bridge - aka "The Forth Bridge" is the world's 2nd longest Span, which is impessive given that it was opened almost 120 years ago. They built things properly in those days.

Most of the world's longest span Cantilever Bridges are in the USA, though there are a few in Canada, & Norway built a batch of them 20 years back. There are several fine examples in India, too.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Hi Michael, Thanks, & I hope you get through to tonight's Show. There'll be quite a queue of callers we expect - we hope! - so apologies if you don't.
    Posted by Tikay10

thanks for that tony if i don't get through i will def be watching the show i have 2 threads on forum when to move up on cash & what tourney's to play when learning so i am glad those topics are on tonites show will have note pad at the ready

if i don't get to speak to you could you answer a question please

in last nights open i got off to a great start on the very 1st hand  then the table went crazy nearly every hand all in pre flop & flop held my own lasted an hour finished 186th should i have sat out til they knocked each other out

good luck with the show tonight

michael    alias   DTWBANDIT
  • edited July 2009
    hi tk,,can u say a massive wd to mich for her charity climb,,also portabello rd market??
    Posted by Kdanem
    Will do.

Portobello Road Market? No better than 3rd in my list, behind Walthamstow, & Shepherds Bush.
  • edited July 2009
    Question for Tikay

What is the worlds highest over grond bridge measured including its piers at 984ft and 1.5miles long?

A pic clue.

Have a great show Gary

• edited July 2009
    hi greg. in the eighties i rarely missed a spurs home game. lets hope we can recapture those glory days again.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Measuring Cantilerver Bridges by height has no relevance Greg - it's the length of Span that matters. On that criteria, Pont de Quebec (1917) is the world's largest. The Forth Railway Bridge - aka "The Forth Bridge" is the world's 2nd longest Span, which is impessive given that it was opened almost 120 years ago. They built things properly in those days. Most of the world's longest span Cantilever Bridges are in the USA, though there are a few in Canada, & Norway built a batch of them 20 years back. There are several fine examples in India, too.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks, i guess they are as high as each other so it was a silly question lol
  • edited July 2009
    hi greg. in the eighties i rarely missed a spurs home game. lets hope we can recapture those glory days again.
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Yes i hope so m8, although i fear that it will be another tough season at the lane. Other clubs like Man City, Everton, Westham, Aston Villa will make it tough to make the top 6. Especially cos we dont have a defence.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 27TH JULY : Yes i hope so m8, although i fear that it will be another tough season at the lane. Other clubs like Man City, Everton, Westham, Aston Villa will make it tough to make the top 6. Especially cos we dont have a defence.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    LOL you are so right Greg, but we will live in hope ......!  - john
  • edited July 2009

Hi TIKAY , logged on to knuts.tv last night to catch the live feed from the GALA TEESIDE great to see you and Compo railing the masters,  the final table was excellent viewing especially the break - camera man focused on Compo devouring APPLE PIE - classic viewing - ps well done Michelle .. ! - john
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Michelle, tikay

Welcome back Mich we missed you, how did the climb go?

As tikay was talking about cantilever bridges, I wonder if he is aware that Hillsborough had the very first Catilevere Stand ?

Enjoying the show