You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Golf

edited April 2010 in The Shed
So cmon guys any of you having a bet on the masters????

Ill be having a few quid e/w on 2 or 3 players but havent really checked yet, always back tim clark so he will be one of them.

Any keen golfers with tips out there???

Gareth

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Advice - Do not bet on Tiger Woods, rumour has it he aint 100% (i wonder why)
    Do not bet on Rory McIlroy, i live about a mile from him, and play at his course in holywood, and yeh he's good, but he always has a bad round, and you cant afford that here.Dont bet on Phil Mickelson, his wife has been ill so his mind has been elsewhere, so i dont think he will be in top form. As for who to bet on, take a pin,stick it in the list and hope lool. Im gonna have a wee punt on Martin Kaymer, those germans are always good under pressure and he is a steady player. Ernie Els and Jim Furyk look good too.
  • edited April 2010
    Mcilroy - 45/1

Luke Donald ew 100/1

Frncesco Molinari - 150/1

Y.E YANG (current major champion) - 175/1 !!!!!

Of the 'lower' prices - Harrington 20/1 / Casey 25/1

• edited April 2010
    Ok I asked for tips but then went and backed some before i even looked on here so sorry for that but thanks for the replies.  Happened to have backed  a couple of the ones Dohh mentioned, As far as looneys tips go i agree Furyk and Els both have good chances and both have won recenlty just a little to short in price for me, and i couldnt back a german after last nights footy :( I've Had £2.50 e/w on the following :-

Tim Clark 100/1
    Padraigh harrington 20/1
    Paul Casey 28/1
    Chad Campbell 80/1
    Matt Kuchar 80/1
    Sean O'hair 66/1
    Ryan Moore 150/1

Dont really know much about my last selction but last time here he finsihed 13th as an amateur, hes suppose to love the course so worth a small bet @ 150/1.
  • edited April 2010
    I have 5 bets in the Masters all at decent prices :-

1. S.Garcia 70/1  £4 win
    2. VJ.Singh 80/1  £4 win
    3. A.Scott 80/1  £4 win
    4. B.Langer 500/1  £1 e.w 
    5. J.Leonard 175/1  £1 e.w

Not expecting to much cause all out of form, but you never know....! Probably all miss the cut and have another bet at the weekend :)
  • edited April 2010
    I'm gonna do a bit of research now so i'll post my selections soon. Ernie Els is playing really well at the moment so i'll be sticking some coin on him.

Good luck everyone ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    love to play golf, can't stand watching it on tv though.
  • edited April 2010
    My 1st bet is Chad Campbell. Has a fine record at Augusta, he's finished 2nd and 3rd in tournaments there in the last 4 years so is worth a small blind at 70/1.

Must say i'm disappointed with the lack of coverage, i thought the bbc would at least give the option of some red button action.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Golf:
    I'm gonna do a bit of research now so i'll post my selections soon. Ernie Els is playing really well at the moment so i'll be sticking some coin on him. Good luck everyone ;-)
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Dont back woosman 5 over after 5holes !!!!
  • edited April 2010
    My 1st bet is Chad Campbell. Has a fine record at Augusta, he's finished 2nd and 3rd in tournaments there in the last 4 years so is worth a small blind at 70/1. Must say i'm disappointed with the lack of coverage, i thought the bbc would at least give the option of some red button action.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    coverage is same ever year m8, theres 4 holes your allowed to wathc on the red button normaly cant remember which ones, untill 9pm then they have it for a couple of hours
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Golf : coverage is same ever year m8, theres 4 holes your allowed to wathc on the red button normaly cant remember which ones, untill 9pm then they have it for a couple of hours
    Posted by 35suited
    Cheers mate, it's on radio 5 live but i'm not stooping that low.

My 2nd bet is Thongchai Jaidee. The only reason for this is i was impressed with his play at the WGC matchplay, he's 250/1 so it's a real longshot but you never know.

Tom Watson is currently -1. He couldn't challenge again could he?
  • edited April 2010

Amen corner was on the red button....i didnt mind that as you got to watch all the golfers - rather than just the Yanks and big names.....racing and IPL this afternoon....havent checked any1 know wen golf is on't button?  is it all day?

Cheerz
  • edited April 2010
    Amen corner was on the red button....i didnt mind that as you got to watch all the golfers - rather than just the Yanks and big names.....racing and IPL this afternoon....havent checked any1 know wen golf is on't button?  is it all day? Cheerz
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it wasnt on the buttong an hour ago when i looked not sure what time it starts
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Golf : it wasnt on the buttong an hour ago when i looked not sure what time it starts
    Posted by 35suited
    just got this from the bbc website

Here are some details of when you can watch coverage on the BBC: the stream of Amen Corner/holes 15 and 16 starts at 1545 BST (online, UK only). That will break off at 1838 for 15 minutes to cover Tiger Woods' first tee shot (the shot that will be heard across the universe), before going back and stopping for good at 2215 BST. Then from 2100 BST it all kicks off on BBC Two until the close of play (and that's also online). That enough?
  • edited April 2010
    Can't find any golf on the red button, just F1 replays and Aintree.

My last 2 bets for the Masters are Ernie Els(14/1) and Charles Schwartzel(33/1). Els seems to be on the comeback trail -BREAKING NEWS- I've found the golf on the red button, giggety. The Amen corner as previously mentioned by Dohhhhhhh.

Charles Schwartzel was a bit of a letdown the last time i bet on him but he's been on fire recently so hopefully he'll continue with his good form.
  • edited April 2010
    Bernhard Langer and Tom Watson are flying. What's going on? Have these guys been swimming in a pool full of alien cocoons, not so much Langer but Tom Watson should be sat at home wetting himself and moaning about everything, not ripping up the golf courses. Hats off to the old fella though.
  • edited April 2010

Great work fellaz - will be going on after the first innings in the cricket. Giggety :) lolololol

Havent even put a bet on cudnt be bothered to change to IE - will look now, only gonna bak 1, 2 max.

• edited April 2010

I've also done Campbell and o'hair e/w so hopefully a few on here will be collecting

• edited April 2010

Slightly annoying I fired skybet up found Y.E Yang, said he was 150/1, went to place bet and his odds had changed to 100/1 - got the leader-board up and he had birdied the first hole! grrr

Took 100/1 anyway thats my bet for the week! (well like goodylad - until the cut)

GL ALL
  • edited April 2010
    Slightly annoying I fired skybet up found Y.E Yang, said he was 150/1, went to place bet and his odds had changed to 100/1 - got the leader-board up and he had birdied the first hole! grrr Took 100/1 anyway thats my bet for the week! (well like goodylad - until the cut) GL ALL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You shouda waited til he bogied the next hole and got 150/1 again lol
  • edited April 2010
    on David Toms @ 125/1 (now 33/1)
  • edited April 2010
    My 1st bet is Chad Campbell. Has a fine record at Augusta, he's finished 2nd and 3rd in tournaments there in the last 4 years so is worth a small blind at 70/1. Must say i'm disappointed with the lack of coverage, i thought the bbc would at least give the option of some red button action.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    i believe this has a lot to do with augusta itself and not the bbc. u know what augusta is like for their rules and i do know that we get more coverage here than they do in america, they r only allowed to show a certain amount per day
  • edited April 2010
    Had a small bet on these 3:

Lee Westwood
    Ernie Els
    Camilo Villegas

A little suprising sky poker didn't run a competition for this - eg predict who will win and what score they will get! 
  • edited April 2010

END THE TOURNY NOW AND PAY ME OUT !!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    FFS dohh, you doin great , wait til round 2 lool, i did £30 @4-6 that tiger would get 72 or better on the 1st round, sky really 'f'd up on this lool, money for old rope???
  • edited April 2010
    Where was this 12 hours ago???? I probably wudnt have bet on it, as Im a tight f*ker - but like to see the gud bets referred to THE SHED !!

When we playing heads up?
  • edited April 2010
    Great stuff loony and Dohhhhh.  Although i'd like to see you win some money Dohhhh there's a certain Mr Charles Schwartzel who's -3. ;-)

I could be persuaded to call a few contacts and get the tourny to end now though, prefer cash but would consider a cheque.
  • edited April 2010
    Never bet against Tiger. He has proved time and time again that he knows how to get it in the hole 18 times in 5 hours!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    [QUOTE]Advice - Do not bet on Tiger Woods, rumour has it he aint 100% (i wonder why) Do not bet on Rory McIlroy, i live about a mile from him, and play at his course in holywood, and yeh he's good, but he always has a bad round, and you cant afford that here.Dont bet on Phil Mickelson, his wife has been ill so his mind has been elsewhere, so i dont think he will be in top form. As for who to bet on, take a pin,stick it in the list and hope lool. Im gonna have a wee punt on Martin Kaymer, those germans are always good under pressure and he is a steady player. Ernie Els and Jim Furyk look good too.
    Posted by loonytoons

Then you say you bet him?????? lol you really are a loony
  • edited April 2010
    Thongchai Jaidee has pulled out of the masters due to an elbow injury :-(
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Golf : [QUOTE ]Advice - Do not bet on Tiger Woods , rumour has it he aint 100% (i wonder why) Do not bet on Rory McIlroy, i live about a mile from him, and play at his course in holywood, and yeh he's good, but he always has a bad round, and you cant afford that here.Dont bet on Phil Mickelson, his wife has been ill so his mind has been elsewhere, so i dont think he will be in top form. As for who to bet on, take a pin,stick it in the list and hope lool. Im gonna have a wee punt on Martin Kaymer, those germans are always good under pressure and he is a steady player. Ernie Els and Jim Furyk look good too. Posted by loonytoons
    Then you say you bet him?????? lol you really are a loony
    Posted by 35suited

lol, i know it sounds mad, but i only bet him to score under 72 in the 1st round - which he did, but i just meant i wouldnt bet on him winning it.