You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting tips

edited August 2009 in The Shed
I like to have a flutter on the footy so thought I'd share my thoughts for the final weekend action. I'll be going for Arsenal to beat Stoke, Blackburn to beat West Brom, Liverpool to beat Spurs, Chelsea to beat Sunderland & West Ham to beat Boro. The 5 way pays around 16/1 which is too good for me to turn down.

For the play-offs, I'm going for Burnley, Millwall & Gillingham all to win outright which if I remember correctly is paying about 7/1. The games are too close to call for 90 minute bets.

As a long shot I'd go for Villa/Newcastle, Manyoo/Hull & Fulham/Everton all to be draws. This is paying a big 39/1!

Comments

• edited May 2009

I've decided to wait untill next season before trying anymore footie accumulators, don't think i've won one all season. But had I given this weekend a go, my bets wouldn't be too dissimilar to yours I'd think.

• edited May 2009
    In Response to Weekend footy betting tips:
    I like to have a flutter on the footy so thought I'd share my thoughts for the final weekend action. I'll be going for Arsenal to beat Stoke, Blackburn to beat West Brom, Liverpool to beat Spurs, Chelsea to beat Sunderland & West Ham to beat Boro. The 5 way pays around 16/1 which is too good for me to turn down. For the play-offs, I'm going for Burnley, Millwall & Gillingham all to win outright which if I remember correctly is paying about 7/1. The games are too close to call for 90 minute bets. As a bit of a long shot I'd go for Villa/Newcastle & Manyoo/Hull to be draws.
    Posted by silentbob
    hi Silentbob,

we are thinking of setting up a sporting preview/ betting tips blog. it'll be a bit of fun and we'll hopefully get some of our odds compliers from Sky Bet involved. what do you think?
  • edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting tips:
    In Response to Weekend footy betting tips : hi Silentbob, we are thinking of setting up a sporting preview/ betting tips blog. it'll be a bit of fun and we'll hopefully get some of our odds compliers from Sky Bet involved. what do you think?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sounds like a great idea to me. I guess a lot of people use their accounts for multiple purposes like I do although I'm sure even the best tipsters couldn't have predicted some of the outcomes this season.

For a while I refused to bet on Arsenal this season cos they kept letting me down (losing away to Stoke!).
  • edited May 2009
    I'm going for Fulham, Man United and Chelsea, it pays 17/2. --- Everton may be resting players for the FA Cup Final, Fulham need a win to guarentee Europe next season. Everton are already guarenteed a place in the Europa League. --- Hull only have 1 win in 21 Premiership games, Man U may rest some of their first team for the Champions League Final but will still have Wes Brown, Ferdinand (if fit), Darren Fletcher, Kuszczak in goals, Evans, Welbeck, Macheda, all good players, their reserves were 2nd in the English reserve league, they can't be too bad. --- Chelsea are on a good away run just now, wins at West Ham, Newcastle, Arsenal twice, Liverpool and a draw at Barcelona. I also read they haven't lost a game against a bottom 6 finisher since Abramovich came in, 6 years ago. Sunderland only have 1 win in the last 12 games, 1-0 v Hull. --- £10 returns £85.
  • edited May 2009
    Very nearly a nice final payday of the season. Shame Blackburn couldn't find a goal. Still, My outlay was covered as I did 4-folds & a 5-way so nothing gained but nothing lost.
  • edited July 2009
  • edited August 2009
    Hi silentbob, I like your tips+ hope they come in for you. I am even more cautious than you, especially in the first 4 weeks of the season. I will go for cardiff+leeds + stop at that. It pays 1+1/3 to1 (between 5/4+11/8) for the double.
    But corals have cardiff at8/11. So a £10 double will pay £24.95.  5p short of 6/4.
    Also alot of people dont realize that a 1/2 +a 1/3 double pays evens, but wait till the season is a month old before you look for those. but dont do them on scottish games cos they lose more often than they should. I back singles mainly cos I like to win 60-70% of the time. Good luck for saturday Ihope all 10 win for you,  Graham. 4/5 + 4/6 pays 2/1.
  • edited August 2009
    Just had a little bet before the season starts tonight, looking for good value for a place bet for the season, and Ive come up with E.W. Middlesboro- Leeds- + Bury , Which pays amazingly over 22/1. just for the place, looks good value to me. I wouldnt complain if they all won though cos it would pay over 10 grand.Get a bet on tonight your own choices just looking for the place value. Good luck !
  • edited August 2009
    Only have fun bets and mainly stick to Prem as more predictable.  Think Palace are overpriced at 40/1 for C.
    This weeks bet perming any five from six + Acc on:
    Ipswich 13/8
    Watford 11/10
    Reading 10/11
    Palace 10/11
    Derby 10/11
    Cardiff 4/6

• edited August 2009
    O.M.G!!!!

Norwich clearly have not read the script. 0-5 down at HOME at HALF TIME!!!!!
  • edited August 2009
    West brom let my bet down, dont normaly put the late kick-offs in either, last  minute disallowed goal as well, gutted
  • edited August 2009
    well that's the 1st time in a few years now that I've not had any return on the opening day. Still, the prems back next week & as SoLack pointed out it's a bit more predictable so hopefully better luck for me next weekend (espescially as Chelsea & ManYoo are both at home against teams they really should beat).

Still can't get over Norwich though. Shipping 7 at home! The mind boggles :)
  • edited August 2009
     After my 6/4 winning double on leeds+cardiff on sat, Im now going for,
    Leeds tonight@4/5  + Southampton tomorrow@4/5. A 9/4 double.
  • edited August 2009
    Leeds have said they are putting a full strength team out tonight + theyve gone to 8/13 now (Ive got 4/5)
  • edited August 2009
    RITE..ME THINKS BOURNMOUTH AT 4/1 AT MILLWALL LOOKS GR8 VALUE ON SKYBET THROW IN ORIENT AT 11/4 TO SINK COLCHESTER AND THE GR8 VALUE BET IS QPR AT EVS ....LOOKS LIKE AN EASY TREBLE
  • edited August 2009
    Only have fun bets and mainly stick to Prem as more predictable.  Think Palace are overpriced at 40/1 for C. This weeks bet perming any five from six + Acc on: Ipswich 13/8 Watford 11/10 Reading 10/11 Palace 10/11 Derby 10/11 Cardiff 4/6
    Posted by SoLack
    2 from 6 did u say?????
  • edited August 2009

i mainly do pre season bets years ago i used to do forecasts & tri-cast so for this weekend i've gone for a Yankee on

Chelsea    home

Spurs       home

WBA         away

Notts Co.       away  

like your thread m8
  • edited August 2009
    Guys,

check this thread out....

get your predictions in there as well and win yourself £100,000!
  • edited August 2009
             i mainly do pre season bets years ago i used to do forecasts & tri-cast so for this weekend i've gone for a Yankee on        Chelsea    home       Spurs       home       WBA         away  Notts Co.       away          like your thread m8
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Is that Spurs at home to Liverpool? Too close to call IMO but for what it's worth I'd probably go for the draw.

I'll wait until later in the week before posting my shouts this week (probably not Norwich again though, lol)
  • edited August 2009
    hi guys.  I run a sports betting website and this weekend we are starting a free to enter football tipping comp that has cash prizes and free bets for the winners throughout the season.  I have also revealed the system that made me 37k last season and i am looking for 50k+ this season

there is a few skypoker players members of the site (bigshann, bigcarp, monsta, skidz)  to name a few

2 weeks ago had a winning 10/1 4fold and 26/1 6fold and fulhams 88th min goal vs vetra let down a 115/1 acca

You dont have to take my word for it go to the tables and ask bigshann, bigcarp or skidz and theyll tell you how profitable the site is.

its all free and we are a friendly bunch,  if you want details of the site just message me.  take it easy and be lucky
  • edited August 2009
    opening day premiership bets.......

fulham to beat portsmouth DNB

first of all fulham at 2/1 is great value.  They have a good pre season and had a great 6-0 aggregate win over vetra.  portsmouth last season scored 38 goals

crouch 11
    defoe 7
    johnson 3

thats 21 (55%) goals scored by 3 players who are no longer even at the club,  they havent made any signings to replace those players and are probably going to lose more players. I think its going to be a very tough season for pompy.  Fulham arent great travellers but last season had a great season and hodgson has them going in the right direction,  even if you want to play it safe on opening day fulham draw no bet looks the answer (cant see fulham losing)  also fulham are unbeaten in there last 3 visits to fratton park with 2 1-1 draws and 1-0 win

arsenal to beat everton @ 7/5

arsenal had a poor season last season (couple of poor seasons now)  but alot of people forget they have had no luck whatsoever the past 2 seasons and longterm injuries to big players.  If they can keep there big players fit they will be more of a challenge to utds title than liverpool will.  arsenal looked superb vs atletico madrid and rangers and the likes of van persie, fabregas, arshavin etc etc if fit will be some team this year.  arsenals problems is defensivly,  everton have done great recently under moysey but i have a feeling things arent going to be so good this year and can see them maybe 8th-9th come may

arsenal are unbeaten in last 3 games at goodison with 2 wins and a draw

man city 6/5 away to blackburn?  id love to meet the odds compiler who made that one up lol.  i wouldnt back man city away from home with free money.  one of the worst away teams in the prem league last season.  far too much is being made of their money.  they still have a manager who is incapable of kkeeping all thosep layers happy or even has the tactical nouse to challenge for a title (he will be gone by xmas..get on!!)  and the players they have bought are not title winning players,   man city make the top 4???  dont make me laugh!!

one good thing to come out of it is the fact man citys opponants will be OVERPRICED every game,  man city have won just 1 of there last 12 games vs blackburn and that was last seasons 3-1 home win,  away to blackburn they have a poor record with no wins in last 6 and just 1 win in 9...........  6/5  on an away wiin!!  funny 

stoke vs burnley  under 2.5 goals @ 1.70 and under 1.5 goals @ 3.20

last 7 games between these 2 sides have all ended under 2.5 goals with 6 of those 7 ending under 1.5 goals,  the last 6 times burnley have visited stoke the result has been......1-1, 0-1, 1-0, 0-1, 1-2, 0-1

another interesting stat is the fact burnley have only lost 1 of their last 8 away games against stoke with 5 of those 8 games wins

you want my bets from the other leagues checkout the site,  im not writing them all here ill be here all day lol
  • edited August 2009
     After my 6/4 winning double on leeds+cardiff on sat, Im now going for, Leeds tonight@4/5  + Southampton tomorrow@4/5. A 9/4 double.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Another winner. I hadnt done my footy bets on sky bet before-because I didnt want to mix up my poker money with football winnings- But on monday morning, when sky had Leeds @ 4/5 + Southampton @ 4/5 (tues) I couldnt resist it a 9/4 double.  The lovely thing was-within 5 mins of Southampton winning tonight-They wacked a load of money into what was, up to now just my poker account. I also put a single on Bristol Rovers @4/6 Won. I will only have a little bet on Coventry @ 4/5 + Notts Forest @ 1/2 = 1.7/1 double (bit less than 7/4) Theres a reason im wary of this bet, thats why it will only be a little one. B.D. at forest (I bet his middle name is Alan)  B.A.D. All for now. Graham.
  • edited August 2009

me and my members had another great night last night  (bigshann is very happy)  my picks were...

millwall to beat b'mouth @ 1.73   (4-0)
    west brom to beat bury @ 1.73   (0-2)
    gillingham to beat plymouth @ 2.50   (2-1)
    cardiff over 2.5 goals @ 1.70   (3-1)
    brentford under 2.5 goals @ 1.95   (0-1)

4folds from 5......

all 5 won and ive now had 13 winning bets from 15 from my 4folds from 5 since i started after getting 4 out of 5 first 2 times and 5/5 last night

5 £2 4folds (£10 stake)  returned £131.81

over £150 profit in a week for just £10 stakes,  one member has followed the 4folds for £10 each (£50 staked) since the start 10 days ago and is nearly £700 in profit

my banker of the night......cardiff to win by 2 or more goals @ 2.20 last also landed after a 3-1 win.

checkout the site for this weekends bets

over and out

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Weekend footy betting tips : hi Silentbob, we are thinking of setting up a sporting preview/ betting tips blog. it'll be a bit of fun and we'll hopefully get some of our odds compliers from Sky Bet involved. what do you think?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    i mentioned this ages ago guys and we've now got something up. take a look at our betting preview blog here. you'll find loads of betting news and tips. leave your comments on the blog and let me know what you think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

coming very soon........

A Premier league betting preview by Dale Tempest (Sky Sports News)

i'll make a further announcement shortly
  • edited August 2009
    if you enjoyed the betting news then check out Dale Tempest's new blog- it's brand spanking new and just been uploaded.

to read it click here

as always, let me know what you think by leaving your comments on the blog.

happy posting!
  • edited August 2009
    hi guys.  I run a sports betting website and this weekend we are starting a free to enter football tipping comp that has cash prizes and free bets for the winners throughout the season.  I have also revealed the system that made me 37k last season and i am looking for 50k+ this season there is a few skypoker players members of the site (bigshann, bigcarp, monsta, skidz)  to name a few 2 weeks ago had a winning 10/1 4fold and 26/1 6fold and fulhams 88th min goal vs vetra let down a 115/1 acca You dont have to take my word for it go to the tables and ask bigshann, bigcarp or skidz and theyll tell you how profitable the site is. its all free and we are a friendly bunch,  if you want details of the site just message me.  take it easy and be lucky
    Posted by pokerdonk

hi m8 this is my weekend footy bet as a win yankee 
    1. Macclesfield v Notts Co.
    2. Notts Co. @ 1.91
    3. Nottm. Forest v West Brom
    4. West Brom @ 2.37
    5. Tottenham v Liverpool
    6. Tottenham @ 3.25
    7. Chelsea v Hull City
    8. Chelsea @ 1.22
  • edited August 2009
    Here is my losing bet for this weekend

5 x 4folds + accie

Villa
    Fulham
    Stoke
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting tips : Is that Spurs at home to Liverpool? Too close to call IMO but for what it's worth I'd probably go for the draw. I'll wait until later in the week before posting my shouts this week (probably not Norwich again though, lol)
    Posted by silentbob

hi Bob

great start  chelsea win  so 1 down 3 to go on footy also got 3 of these selections on me 8 accumalator for the week (other sports) you'll find them on A-Z of Sports thread

good luck with your bets this week m8

dtw
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting tips :      hi m8 this is my weekend footy bet as a win yankee  Macclesfield v Notts Co. Notts Co. @ 1.91 Nottm. Forest v West Brom West Brom @ 2.37 Tottenham v Liverpool Tottenham @ 3.25 Chelsea v Hull City Chelsea @ 1.22
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

wow 3 out of 3 so far  go on the Spurs
  • edited August 2009
    notts co, west brom and spurs win pays nearly 14/1 treble  why on earth would you ever want to add a donkey 1.22 shot into that bet????????????????

how would you feel if spurs won, notts co won and west brom won then chelsea never managed a fluke 92nd min goal and your bet lost all a an extra few pennies odds 1.22 make.

1.22 shots and was the hardest win of the 3 so far and were lucky to get all 3pts,  2nd goal was a fluke and 1st goal was never a freekick in a million years.

gl with spurs hope they win for you