You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ENGLAND STARTING X1

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ENGLAND STARTING X1 (OF ALL TIME)...:
                                    1 SHILTON   2 WHITWORTH  4 CHARLTON 5 TERRY 3 SANSON   6 HODDLE  7 WELLER   8 BECKHAM  11 WORTHINGTON                                                       9 KEEGAN 10 ROONEY I must admit I`m slightly biased towards:-          LEICESTER  CITY  PLAYERS......                                                                           
    Posted by STEVEMAX
                    ?

GARY LINAKER
  • edited April 2010

i don't think that crouch should be automatic choice as i feel he is Over-rated "just my oppinion for what its worth"

My team would be    

R.Green

G.Johnson           J.Terry         R.Ferdinand             A.Cole  

J.Milner

S.Wright-Philips             F.Lampard           S.Gerrard  

Rooney                    Defoe        
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ENGLAND STARTING X1 (OF ALL TIME)... :                 ? GARY LINAKER
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Gary BIG STEAMING PILE OF Linaker...

I use to watch him when he played for Leicester
    and he never really contributed that much as a team
    player.
    Bit like Alan Clarke,a goal hanger...
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ENGLAND STARTING X1 (OF ALL TIME)... : Gary BIG STEAMING PILE OF Linaker... I use to watch him when he played for Leicester and he never really contributed that much as a team player. Bit like Alan Clarke,a goal hanger...
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    A good one though.

Adam jonston needs a call up
  • edited April 2010
                                                                    Hart

Johnson            Terry       Ferdinand          Jagielka

Barry

Milner              Lampard               Gerrard       Johnson

Rooney        

• edited April 2010
    Im assuming all those who have put walcott in there team are Irish/Scottish/Welsh/anything but English, and that you want England to fail????? Forget the Croatia game, hes the most over rated player ive ever watched.  Hes got pace and nothing else, his passing is truly awfull. 

Everyone keeps going on about Arsenals Injuries, yet he still cant make there starting line up, Eboue keeps him out ffs that shouldtell you all you need to nkow about him.

Anyway moan over heres the team id play:

Hart
               Neville       Ferdidnand    Terry         Cole

Lennon              Carrick      Millner         Cole

Gerrard
                                            Rooney

Think its very sad that ive had to include neville in the team, I am a United fan but havent chosen him for that reason, Johnson started the season on form but since the first 10 games hes done nothing, and looked very average.  Neville has had a good season barring the last 2 weeks, and I hoenstly believe hes still Englands best right back (sorry dohhhh).  Dont like playing 1 up front either and a few motnhs ago id have picked defoe to play alongside Rooney, but hes been of the boil recently as well, and the rest of our strikers are trully shocking.  Bent scores the odd goal but does ntohing else all match, Heskey doesnt know how to score, Zamora??? wot a joke hes not even in double figures for goals is he??? yet ive read all season how fantastic he is, Crouch??? greta England record cant deny that usefull to have as a sub.

But I very much doubt that team will get a look in and fully expect the following 11 to play if fit

Green
    Johnson
    Ferdinand
    Terry
    Cole
    Lennon
    Barry
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Heskey
    Rooney

We may make the quater finals but cant see us doing any better than that with that team, but i do pray im wrong
  • edited April 2010
           David James

Johnson           Terry       Rio          Cole if fit / Milner if not

Lampard  Huddlestone

Lennon     Adam Johnson

Gerrard

Rooney

SUBS - Need to be able to make a difference --- Bent - Zamora, need chances - they cant make thieir own. so...

Green
    Upson
    Walcott
    Joe Cole
    Crouch
    Defoe

The thing with the squad is....even though he picks 22 players or whatever it is - 6/7 of them wont even get a look in - Migt as well leave their boots at home.

He could take Bent, Zamora, SWP, theyre just nothing players, they dont make an  impact off the bench and theyre never gonna start.

Last time we were a goal down against Brazil - with 11 players against 10, and we didn't create a chance, no options on the bench, no plan B.

Darren Bent is not a plan B, he's just a poorer (MUCH POORER) version of plan A. 

It a shame DELAP isn't Engish :(

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ENGLAND STARTING X1 (OF ALL TIME)... : A good one though. Adam jonston needs a call up
    Posted by jubbley
    Adam Johnston,yes,certainly agree....
  • edited April 2010
    ...................D.James

J.Lescott J.Terry R.Ferdinand L.Baines

....................G.Barry
    A.Johnson....F.Lampard.........J.Milner

.............W.Rooney B.Zamora

I'm Scottish so I have to do a Scotland Starting XI;

....................C.Gordon

..A.Hutton C.Berra A.Webster L.Wallace

C.Conway S.Brown D.Fletcher J.McFadden