You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£100+10 weekly tournament? ***ANOTHER NAMING COMPETITION***

Comments

• edited July 2009

Great Thread Dan, & nice to hear from you. How is Annicka/Annek/Anickka?

Just to pick up on a few points in the Thread.

The Summer Season - by which I mean "light nights", from about April to late September, always sees a significant downturn in Online Poker Traffic. So the existing £20 Deepie, currently getting about 30 max, will deffo get 50+ come the winter, plus natural organic growth, so 60/70/80 for this (£20) Tourney in the Winter is quite feasible. Just give it time, it WILL happen.

As to the suggestion of a Sunday Night Deepie, a sort of Flagship Tourney, well as I suggested above - VERY exciting news is VERY imminent!

I'm so excited about this, & slight leakage may have occurred.
  • edited July 2009

Even as I typed my previous Post, the Tourney was announced.

Terrific news.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £100+10 weekly tournament?:
    Yes as we talked about yesterday with some of the sky reps at york. I think a tournament like this should be implemented to attract the Cash players .25/.50 /> 5/10 and i suppose £30 /> £100s Double your money / stt and Hu players who wouldn't normally feel the need to play the open or even the £20 deepstackfor serious play. The thing is we all play to make money - So the £20 deepstack is great dont get me wrong but i would have to basically come 2nd or win it everynight to justify me playing it for money as opposed to fun. As i could just load up 5 £50 DYM's and potentially win the first place in the deepstack £150 in around 1 - 2 hours rather than concentrate on the deepstack [which you have to] for 3+ hours as it is now with 25ish runners a night. I'm thinking thats right for any of the fellow £50 DYM players and cash players because we play for money as appose to "fun" but don't get me wrong we all love the game to ! So personally i think a £75+7? - £100+10 sunday 7:30-9pm tourny would go down a treat because every other poker site has a sunday big tourny where as sky dont. Thinking off the top of my head i could think of Nutter5932   Ljb1989         Gliterbabe Dantb10      Drewmcrobb    gerrard9 Pokerbcity    CasioKid Freelancer    Pkrf1sh Haysie         armagh Phil12uk      IRONZ Bigshann     llew8181 Jinglema     lidboy81 gadgerno1   121285 Thank would probably play this buy-in and thier only DYM players ! A guarentee is not necessary to start with i don't think but maybe final table all payed could be. Even if the tournament gets put up in the lobby next week with no guarentee what do sky lose......nothing! Anyway just my thoughts.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Terrific Post Ben, but I'm hurting here....no room for an old guy? ;)

Hope you & your Dad are both well.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Tikay,

The 'missus' is fine thanks, (thats what i call her cos even i cant pronounce her name!)

I know its a quiet period but just hope we can get it off the ground and watch it grow gradually to become 'THE' tourney, and with satelites running gives all players the opportunity to participate and win big!
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Tikay, The 'missus' is fine thanks, (thats what i call her cos even i cant pronounce her name!) I know its a quiet period but just hope we can get it off the ground and watch it grow gradually to become 'THE' tourney, and with satelites running gives all players the opportunity to participate and win big!
    Posted by dantb10
    Thanks Dan.

Think positively - we WILL make it work!

"we" of course is not Sky Poker - it's us, the Players. If we support it, it will stay, & grow with time. But we do need to be patient, to give it time, & if we can hang in until the dark nights, this Tourney will grow & grow.
  • edited July 2009
    Good news - this should attract a few of the high stake cash players.

Stars on Sunday

Sunday Showdown

High Roller

Roller Coaster Sunday

Sunday Sundae

Oooneeeeee Hunnnnnnnnnnnnnndred (as in darts caller)

• edited July 2009
    Hi all

Well I think that as Dan suggested the tourney, we should name it after him, how abour Dan,s Deepie ?
      Very Well done at the WSOP by the way mate
  • edited July 2009

Name? Hmmmmm....

The Century Sunday

The Sunday Century

• edited July 2009
    Hi Guys,
    You could call it THE TON UP TOURNY.
    Or how about THE BLUE RIBBON DEEPSTACK

col
  • edited July 2009
    I to got a little over excited just being told by Dantn10 its up in the lobby....JACKPOT !

I fully expect it to hit its 20 runners atleast for the first few weeks but natrually some people will play one week then not the next because of other commitments ! Of course you would play tikay but i don't fully know if you present that night :)

Names hmmm..

The Sunday Deepstack ! obvious..
    The Big One
    King of the hill

bah who knows ill leave that to you.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £100+10 weekly tournament? ***ANOTHER NAMING COMPETITION***:
    I to got a little over excited just being told by Dantn10 its up in the lobby....JACKPOT ! I fully expect it to hit its 20 runners atleast for the first few weeks but natrually some people will play one week then not the next because of other commitments ! Of course you would play tikay but i don't fully know if you present that night :) Names hmmm.. The Sunday Deepstack ! obvious.. The Big One King of the hill bah who knows ill leave that to you.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    I'm actually working on Sunday night, filming In-Poker at DTD. But we get a lot of spare time on those Shoots, & it's a lovely structure. So I've entered anyway. I may have to withdraw, depending on how the filming goes, but the plan at present is to play it.

Multi-Tasking FTW.
  • edited July 2009
    Multi tasking indeed !

I shall nag some of the regs on my end to pre-reg for this and get people interested even so 5 on the first day aint bad !
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions, you'll be pleased to know that the first £100 + £10 deepstack tournament is now up in the lobby and open for registration. Tournament Details Tournament name: £2000 Deepstack Start time: 7.15pm Sunday 2nd August (7.15pm every sunday thereafter) Buy-in: £100 + £10 £2000 Guaranteed Prizepool 5000 chips and 15 minute blinds (Same structure as the Viva Las Vegas Finals) Standard Sky MTT pay structure Highlights to be shown on Sky Channel 865. Satellite Structure Mondays - Saturdays 7.30pm 10pm 11pm Buy-in £5.50 + £0.50  Maximum 20 players, 1 seat is guaranteed into the Sunday Deepstack. 2000 chips and 10 minute blinds We'll run these for the 1st 2 weeks to effectively guarantee 18 players in the deepstack each week from satellites alone, then dependant on numbers we may open these up to standard satellite structures. Sundays 1.15pm 2.15pm 3.15pm 3.45pm Buy-In £11 + £1 1 seat into the £2K Deepstack for every 10 entrants 2000 chips and 10 minute blinds We'll happily hold the £2000 guarantee for the 1st few weeks and guarantee the seats via satellites to help get this tournament going, but if this is going to grow into a flagship tournament then we need your support. Also how about coming up with a name for it? Best suggestion, as judged by me and Sky_Bernie by 5pm on Friday will win a seat into Friday Night's £9,000 GTD Open! Thank you once again for all your comments, we hope you enjoy the tournament and if you have any further suggestions then please feel free to let us know. Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    ok what about 1 semi final £10 sat to this 2k dp this week? who thinks we need to change the sats to as many players reg? not 30 players winner takes all?
  • edited July 2009
    WHY NOT CALL IT,, WELCOME BACK JPDERRY LOL yes iam back even know i have been treated bad by sky having my chat banned for life for something petty
  • edited July 2009

name it skys best players,or sky high rollers,

• edited July 2009
    Multi tasking indeed ! I shall nag some of the regs on my end to pre-reg for this and get people interested even so 5 on the first day aint bad !
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Agreed - 5 players already, with 5 days to go, is terrific.

Also, don't forget the tikay Sleepie, at 7pm Wednesday - that's got 10 runners already, too. Be great to play some poker with you, I never got much time to play in Vegas.

And while I'm nagging, there's a £22 Deepie at 7.,15 tonight.......;)
  • edited July 2009
    My bankroll definitely doesn't support a direct buy in to this but I'm well up for having a go at the sat's. TBH, if I managed to qualify just once I'm sure it'd improve my game massively as I'd be up against some top players
  • edited July 2009
    Unfortunatly i cant play this week as im on a stag do... messy!!! When i am able to play i will try and satelite in, good luck all..

P.S plz could you look at my thread "Quick question etc etc"
  • edited July 2009
    How exciting!!!! Already made plans to get rid of everyone in my household for a total un disturbed evening of deepstack!
    Well done Sky, really hope this tourney gets some good support:)
  • edited July 2009

EXCELLENT!!!!

Unfortunately I'm away this Sunday so can't play but I'll def play from then on.

How about calling it - Sky's Super Sunday Spectacular

• edited July 2009

7 entered now!

This Tourney is the best news since sliced bread was invented.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi
    Its 8 now ive just won the first sat.
    whoopieeeeeee
    (did get lucky heads up but was down to 810 chips 3 handed)
    col
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Its 8 now ive just won the first sat. whoopieeeeeee (did get lucky heads up but was down to 810 chips 3 handed) col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Nice one Col.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £100+10 weekly tournament? ***ANOTHER NAMING COMPETITION*** : Nice one Col.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony
     check the £500 structure thread, i'd like your comment on what ive put to you knocking apple out
    Cheers col
  • edited July 2009
    Will be watching this on Sunday while playing the $100k tourney on Stars, sounds like going to be a great tourney guys
  • edited July 2009
    ok not 1 person agrees with me? that the sats for this mtt r wrong? do we not want to see more than 20 runner winner takes all sat? this forum makes me feel like bruce willis from the flim,,the sixth sense,  can any1 see my posts? not 1 replay to any?
  • edited July 2009
    My bankroll definitely doesn't support a direct buy in to this but I'm well up for having a go at the sat's.
    Posted by silentbob
    +1. May wait untill the Sunday sats though, don't like 1 in 20 sats. Don't even really like 1 in 10 sats but since that's the best one available i'll definitely have a crack at it.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £100+10 weekly tournament? ***ANOTHER NAMING COMPETITION*** : +1. May wait untill the Sunday sats though, don't like 1 in 20 sats. Don't even really like 1 in 10 sats but since that's the best one available i'll definitely have a crack at it.
    Posted by YoungUn
    i think its my post u should have replayed to???? ok 1 person agrees
  • edited July 2009
    yeah im in, came 2cnd in yesterdays sat was outchipped 4 or 5 to 1, but won 2days 10 oclock  sat, cant wait for torn even tho deepies not my strong point, any advice will be nice
  • edited July 2009
    A few ideas for your £100 naming comp.
     TONtasticSTACK

or
    TONtasticSTACKemup
       or
    TONTASTACK
      or
    (ton weight) it could be
     The 2,240pounder.

5 score+10.
    TONSUNIGHT.