You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V GROW? view a summary of the ideas so far in open page!

edited April 2010 in Sky Poker Live

I reckon if it's SKY poker, they need to get off channel 865 and as near to the sports channels as possible.  I've just looked and channel 407 is free on sky.  That would get loads more traffic to the site from casual users of sky tv.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW?:
      irishraver just showed me a email skypoker research team have sent her .  with very in depth  questions mostly about the t.v shows ,  i fear for some of  our good mates,  the sky poker annalists and presenters,  so if anyone has ideas,  in how to generate more traffic for this t.v channel.  post it up here you never know,  it may be the idea to generate more traffic for skypoker  and the tv show.  sometimes the silly ideas are the best ones so don't be shy !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Topless female presenters usually works.
  • edited April 2010

IN SUMMARY THE GOOD CHEAP IDEAS SO FAR 

1. STOP ALL THE REPEATS /  THEY ARE STOPPING VIEWERS FROM TUNING IN TO SKYPOKER T.V 

2. REPLACE REPEATS WITH THE SHOWING OF MORE LOW LEVEL STAKE GAMES NO COMMENTARY NEEDED ,

HENCE THIS WILL ENCOURAGE GUYS/GALS TO TELL THEIR MATES TUNE IN TO SKYPOKER T.V

AND WATCH THEM ON T.V .

3. HAVE A T.V SCHEDULE IN OPEN WEBSITE PAGE SO GUYS/GALS WILL KNOW WHAT LEVEL

GAME EACH HOUR OF THE DAY WILL BE SHOWN ON T.V,

BY DOING THIS THEY CAN SHOW THEIR MATES THEIR BLUFFS /BADBEATS   CASHES /WINS .

4. TRY MOVE THE CHANNEL CLOSER TO SPORTS CHANNEL IF POSSIBLE .

5. MAKE THE CHANNEL A FREEVIEW ONE  IF POSSIBLE .

AS IDEAS COME IN I WILL POST THE EASY CHEAP OPTIONS ONES UP .

TOPLESS FEMALE PRESENTERS A GOOD IDEA BUT THINK OF THE HEATING BILL !

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW?:
    In Response to A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? : Topless female presenters usually works.
    Posted by Seagull158
    thats a silly one ,

and would defo work lol !
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW?:
    I reckon if it's SKY poker, they need to get off channel 865 and as near to the sports channels as possible.  I've just looked and channel 407 is free on sky.  That would get loads more traffic to the site from casual users of sky tv.
    Posted by phil12uk

This is a great idea phil !
  • edited April 2010
    Just show games throughout the night, like they do on 166, or used to....

You can run hours n hours of micro stakes sit n goes, the 30p dyms etc - the 30p bounty hunters, these guys never get on tv.

Show constant cash games - the mastercash tables, run every hand throughout the night with an hour delay.

If people object to their hands being shown constantly - then they wont play the tv tables. 

The guys who play low stakes for fun, rather than mid/high for profit would love this im sure.

No commentary needed - if theres a repeat on, i wont watch sky poker. If there ANYTHING on I havent seen before, especially after midnight and through the day on weekdays - ill watch it.

If there are no MC tables running thru the night, show action from through the day.

It cant be very expensive to show a table running no stop with no commentary? - Can it?

• edited April 2010
    donkeys with acne ,advertising the fact, that at skypoker any 2 cards usually win...pimples.
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    *****POST OF THE WEEK*****
  • edited April 2010
    Just show games throughout the night, like they do on 166, or used to.... You can run hours n hours of micro stakes sit n goes, the 30p dyms etc - the 30p bounty hunters, these guys never get on tv. Show constant cash games - the mastercash tables, run every hand throughout the night with an hour delay. If people object to their hands being shown constantly - then they wont play the tv tables.  The guys who play low stakes for fun, rather than mid/high for profit would love this im sure. No commentary needed - if theres a repeat on, i wont watch sky poker. If there ANYTHING on I havent seen before, especially after midnight and through the day on weekdays - ill watch it. If there are no MC tables running thru the night, show action from through the day. It cant be very expensive to show a table running no stop with no commentary? - Can it?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    some good ideas there doh,

to  elaborate on one of them :

select a group level and if one had a daily showing schedule,

example :  1.00 pm  micro stake cash/mtt/ s&g

3.00 pm  low stake  cash/mtt/s&g

and so on ,

as you say no commentary fills it in cheaply .

this may generate more frequent viewing for skypoker tv,

hence may have a knock on affect to  make viewing live shows  more popular .

i do feel the constant repeating of shows is turning away punters and viewers !

• edited April 2010

Yes, sky definitely seem to have gone for quality, rather than quantity. And quite rightly so I'm sure 99% of members would prefer it this way.......

But.....

Is it not possible to have both?  :)
  • edited April 2010
    Yes, sky definitely seem to have gone for quality, rather than quantity. And quite rightly so I'm sure 99% of members would prefer it this way....... But..... Is it not possible to have both?  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

what if quantity between hours of 12 mid night - 7pm 

and quality 7pm- 12 mid night ?

7 days a week !
  • edited April 2010
    to get bigger sky imo has 2 try ang get more people from other countrys... theres nothing better than taking yanks money lol, if it was me id try china , have u seen them gamble!!!!
  • edited April 2010

to get bigger sky imo has 2 try ang get more people from other countrys... theres nothing better than taking yanks money lol, if it was me id try china , have u seen them gamble!!!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

n1 mick ,

1.6 billon population between usa and china ,

i am sure they could find some fish in that lot for us lol !

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? :   n1 mick ,   1.6 billon population between usa and china ,  i am sure they could find some fish in that lot for us lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    It is against the law to use internet poker sites in the USA, i know the big sites have got around this by making them all canadians or something, you used to get little USA flags at the side of the players names but now its row upon row of blank flags, however sky seem to be whiter that white so dont 'do' America
  • edited April 2010
    Id watch the channel all the time, but with virgin now so cant, Ive got the full sky sports package and reallythink this could be includedin that.  Watching iton the pc just isnt the same and it slows my tables down
  • edited April 2010
    Great shout on the channel 407 idea! I think casual viewers channel hopping would see it, possibly get an interest and hey ho more new players!
  • edited April 2010
    stop showing replay after replay of the open and primo etc....like dohhhh says just show cash games instead of replays
  • edited April 2010
    put the fluppin thing on freeview so that anyone can watch it---then it might actually generate buisness for the site
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I got that survey too.

I said they need to improve the actual software first and foremost.  None of this struggling to get on a table and the computer freezing if you multi-table, can't be that difficult to copy the market leaders with the resources Sky have.  They make a mint, the amount they are expanding.  Know it wasn't the subject of the survey but took the opportunity to mention it.

The tv shows are great but they've really been cut back on from how they used to be and the constant repeats annoy me totally.

Why don't they just listen to the ideas that float round here more?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I got that survey too. I said they need to improve the actual software first and foremost.  None of this struggling to get on a table and the computer freezing if you multi-table, can't be that difficult to copy the market leaders with the resources Sky have.  They make a mint, the amount they are expanding.  Know it wasn't the subject of the survey but took the opportunity to mention it. The tv shows are great but they've really been cut back on from how they used to be and the constant repeats annoy me totally. Why don't they just listen to the ideas that float round here more?
    Posted by Jay1642
    totally agree, well said
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rover

As I understand it, Sky Poker are in the process of setting on extra presenter(s), I would have thought imo that the presenters are safe and may even suggest something is in the pipeline, this is course just an observation :)
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rover As I understand it, Sky Poker are in the process of setting on extra presenter(s), I would have thought imo that the presenters are safe and may even suggest something is in the pipeline, this is course just an observation :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    did you get the survey email baz ?
  • edited April 2010
    I agree with a few ideas.

Put it on free (first and foremost)

Show ordinary players playing low stake games and sit and goes.

Get more celeb poker fans on...like footballers or snooker players etc. Anyone famous who loves poker there must be loads, perhaps even run Pro/celeb tournis live for charity or something then you wont have to pay them appearance fees.

Better and slicker adverts on Sky sports and Sky Sports News.

Phone in competitions to win Sky merchandise.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? : did you get the survey email baz ?
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Hi

No, but I wouldnt see why they woud set on extra presenters if they were going to get rid of some, unless someone has left ?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? : Hi No, but I wouldnt see why they woud set on extra presenters if they were going to get rid of some, unless someone has left ?
    Posted by acebarry10
     your a topman baz and like me you have skypoker interests at heart !

i think baz if you saw the email you may think different .

one of the questions i recall was ,

would you still play on skypoker if there was no skypoker tv channel ?

• edited April 2010
    Think they had same survey last time revamped site.Haven't seen new one yet last time lots of questions about poker channel and if you wanted download able games or stick with flash.
  • edited April 2010
    I know from a message Tikay put up at one point that they cant do live analysis every night cause of cost to the company and us not getting all the benefits we would if they showed every show live and I can understand that and I have to agree with Phils post about putting it nearer the sports channels its been place with channels like live roulette and gambling sites and in a way I can see why cause of the nature of poker, but nowadays its getting counted more and more as something that has skill and like a sport where its shown on tele a lot more and mostly on Sky Sports so putting it closer to the sports channels and even still showing everything like they do currently would get some much more traffic to the T.V channel. 

One way they could improve the shows is by instead of doing a catch up day they could run like another non live cash show like cash unlimited, or tournament one to be honest doesnt really matter and just show a different program at different times during the days as repeats cause its like if you wanna watch Sky during the day its Primo Mon-Thur, Fri-Sat is the league and then MasterCash gets fitted inbetween the repeats every now and again so your constantly watching the same shows during the day its only the actual scheduled shows that run at 8pm that differ daily.

These are just my thoughts personally and I did get the survery and others I recall were;

Most important thing in the TV channel? That was silly cause all the aspects make the channel.

Do you watch the channel whilst playing on the site? 

It was very much based around the channel I just hope it stays cause its one of the main reasons I am at Sky the insights you get on your everyday poker play is not matched by watching any other Poker show or by watching poker tournaments. Watching pros play that have spent years mastering there personal style and making it work for them by knowing where the best times to play a certain move or how much to bet a certain pot after considering not only the image they have been portraying but also the image they have naturally so for someone who is still developing watching analysis thats on sky poker is a way to enjoy some poker and learn a way to play at the same time.

Spike2120
  • edited April 2010
    I dont undestand why the channel isn't free to air.

Years ago I got freesat (it was through Sky) and got an offer of free Sky for a couple of months.

I took the free trial up and one night by chance came accross the poker channel.

The presenters (particularly Sir Tony Kendall) brought the game to life and and imparted inofmation about the game in a way that was entertaining but incredibly educational.

My partner and myself were instantly hooked and watched it religiously over the next three weeks.

Then the trial came to an end but we were both already signed up and playing on the site.

My point is that we are only playing poker and playing poker on Sky because we were recruited by being exposed to the poker channel.

There must be many people who dont play the game but who after listening to Kendall & co's words of wisdom will think of giving the game a go and start playing on Sky Poker.

Surely nobody buys any of the Sky packages so they can get the Poker channel so it seems self defeating to restrict it to subscribers only.

Sky News is not blocked so why not Sky Poker as its surely the best advertisement there is for the site.

P.S. I agree with the idea of filling up non prime-time slots with footage from cash games (i'd even suggest stt's and final table mtt's too) without the need for any commentary instead of endless reruns of the main show.

Obviously players would need to know that playing these tables would mean their cards would be shown on telly but i reckon plenty would love it.

• edited April 2010
    I dont undestand why the channel isn't free to air. Years ago I got freesat (it was through Sky) and got an offer of free Sky for a couple of months. I took the free trial up and one night by chance came accross the poker channel. The presenters (particularly Sir Tony Kendall) brought the game to life and and imparted inofmation about the game in a way that was entertaining but incredibly educational. My partner and myself were instantly hooked and watched it religiously over the next three weeks. Then the trial came to an end but we were both already signed up and playing on the site. My point is that we are only playing poker and playing poker on Sky because we were recruited by being  exposed to the poker channel. There must be many people who dont play the game but who after listening to Kendall & co's words of wisdom will think of giving the game a go and start playing on Sky Poker. Surely nobody buys any of the Sky packages so they can get the Poker channel so it seems self defeating to restrict it to subscribers only. Sky News is not blocked so why not Sky Poker as its surely the best advertisement there is for the site. P.S. I agree with the idea of filling up non prime-time slots with footage from cash games (i'd even suggest stt's and final table mtt's too) without the need for any commentary instead of endless reruns of the main show. Obviously players would need to know that playing these tables would mean their cards would be shown on telly but i reckon plenty would love it.  
    Posted by Darntootin
    I can understand your point about having it as a free show channel but this was mentioned a few months ago and was said it was no possible to do so, but there is also the internet stream off the site which is free, I know that the stream wont attract new players to sky as they have to stumble on the site to watch the shows, but its a free way to watch, the only one possible to the site at the moment. Also you have to admit that these days there are quite a lot of people who have Sky or cable, admittedly cable is not much good for those who have sky there is the possibility to stumble on it just a shame that its hard to stumble on where it is currently placed on channel 865.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rover As I understand it, Sky Poker are in the process of setting on extra presenter(s), I would have thought imo that the presenters are safe and may even suggest something is in the pipeline, this is course just an observation :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thought I would clear some of these rumours :) All the Presenters, even Tikay, are safe. If anything we are looking for somemore people. We would love to get a female analyst but they are hard to find and who are not sponsored.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? : Thought I would clear some of these rumours :) All the Presenters, even Tikay, are safe. If anything we are looking for somemore people. We would love to get a female analyst but they are hard to find and who are not sponsored.
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    no probs .