You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It all comes down to Hillsborough

edited May 2010 in The Shed
Yup

Sheffield Wednesday v Crystal Palace for the last relegation place, COME ON YOU OWLS

Comments

• edited April 2010
    gonna be a tense one that is Barry
  • edited April 2010

Alot of my mates are palace fans, n tbh they shouldnt be down their fighting for relagation but come on you Eagles!!
  • edited April 2010

Cant believe it's not on sky, id rather watch that than chelsea liverpool!!!!

What a game tonight, Sheff Wed r sooooo lucky to still have a chance.

But they are absolutely dreadful, gl to Crystal Palace this weekend, its a joke that teams get docked points mid season, Sheff Wed shud be down already!

AHHHHHH just had a thought !!! - The BBC show some games dnt they have they got a game slot this weekend?????????? Hope so...
  • edited April 2010
    COME ON YOU
    EAGLES

• edited April 2010
    SO want Sheff Wed to win this one dispite all the times they knocked us out the cups in the 80's .. Great Ground Great Fans

i shall be at PP Sunday but im sure someone round us will keep us all in touch
  • edited April 2010
    ill bet at hillsborough with the 30,000 other owls fans. squeaky bum time for sure but weve been terrible all season and i think palace will do enough for a draw, we might win a game in league 1 anyway :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough:
    Cant believe it's not on sky, id rather watch that than chelsea liverpool!!!! What a game tonight, Sheff Wed r sooooo lucky to still have a chance. But they are absolutely dreadful, gl to Crystal Palace this weekend, its a joke that teams get docked points mid season, Sheff Wed shud be down already! AHHHHHH just had a thought !!! - The BBC show some games dnt they have they got a game slot this weekend?????????? Hope so...
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    sky live schedule says champoinship final day so i guess they must be showing a game live the must be mad if they dont show it 
  • edited April 2010

Sky have Blackpool v Bristol, ...BBC have a game at 1, it MUST be the big one...
  • edited April 2010
    Its just like a play off final and i would love to have the chance to watch it. Would prefer Sheffield to win but not sure they will.
  • edited April 2010
    Sky have Blackpool v Bristol, ...BBC have a game at 1, it MUST be the big one...
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    if holloway gets them into the play offs he deserves manager of the year
  • edited April 2010
    I'm another Ram who wants Sheff Weds to stay up

Proper club with proper fans!

Best of Luck
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes it's on BBC :)

I'll be down Pride Park though :(
  • edited April 2010

What about their team????

Ive been to 5 of the last 6 Donny v Sheff Wed matches, they are absolutely auwful.

Even when they came to us boxing day and beat us 4-0 like 7 years ago, they were terrible.

They deserve to be down, coz they have got less points than all but 2 of the teams in the league, wether they win, lose or draw at the weekend. Anything other than Sheff Wed going down wud be an absolute joke.

I cannot waittttt to see it happen - dont think Palace are gonna do it tho the luck they had the other night, last 5 secs cleared off the line??? Super sick.

1 TEAM IN YORKSHIRE :)
  • edited April 2010

There will be a load of goals in this game (imo) going to back 3-2 (reversed) and 3-3.

(cue a 0-0 draw)

• edited April 2010
    I'm not really rooting for either team as I quite like both. Wednesday have got a great set of fans & really shouldn't be in this situation (I'd much rather Wednesday than the likes of Bolton or Wigan in the Prem). My best mate's a Palace fan so I've also got a bit of a soft spot for them too (although Selhurst is a dump)

Good luck to both teams.
  • edited April 2010
    What about their team???? Ive been to 5 of the last 6 Donny v Sheff Wed matches, they are absolutely auwful. Even when they came to us boxing day and beat us 4-0 like 7 years ago, they were terrible. They deserve to be down, coz they have got less points than all but 2 of the teams in the league, wether they win, lose or draw at the weekend. Anything other than Sheff Wed going down wud be an absolute joke. I cannot waittttt to see it happen - dont think Palace are gonna do it tho the luck they had the other night, last 5 secs cleared off the line??? Super sick. 1 TEAM IN YORKSHIRE :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    that was magic....sure does seem like fate is against Palace!

got any more Paul Green's we can have???
  • edited April 2010

lol, he has been called up to play for R.O.I right? - what a Donny legend he is, so pleased for him......

thats the thing with DONNY, I think we have gone as far as we can go......

The chairman looked like abramovich in the 3rd division (league 2) - now he's so out of his depth.....he just cant afford the wages nevermind the players.

Being a Dony fan has being amazing over the last decade, so many highs,2 play off finals, Milenium stadium, Wembley, absolutely brilliant....

I just fear for us...

Sold Greeny, Matt Mills, Richie Wellens......

I cant see where we're gonna go from here......hope we dont do a Grimsby or Rotherham......

Enjoy it while it lasts I guess! :)

And gl Paul Green !!! :):):)
  • edited April 2010
    Live
    Sunday
    BBC1
    1pm KO
  • edited April 2010
    As a Sheffield United fan I will be hoping Palace smash them!
  • edited May 2010
    looking forward 2 tomorrow afternoon.  got this game on the tele nd then can watch liverpool hopefully take points off chelsea. then to round a gr8 day of footy off, united beat sunderland nd go to the top of the table.  neway back to this game, I really want palace to win as I feel they have been very hard done by this season. they are the better team and I don't feel they deserve to go down. however good luck to both teams and lets hope for a gr8 game!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Wohoooo Im reluctant to celebrate too soon, as I normally Jinx the result, but with 30 mins to get 2 goals......these Wenesday fans wanna pop into Halfords on the way home n buy a sat nav! Long way to Exeter and Bournemouth !!

Great atmosphere tho ;) 
  • edited May 2010

What a great 5 minutes this is gonna be, I wish I was there
  • edited May 2010

I was torn today cos i like both of these clubs alot and have connections with them

Sad to see the Owls go down, but fear not bazza, they WILL be back!

was a great game!

• edited May 2010
    It helps a lot when you get cheating refs who wont give clear cut pens
  • edited May 2010
    It helps a lot when you get cheating refs who wont give clear cut pens
    Posted by acebarry10
    Lol tbh the better side stayed up.

Think that ambrose looks a good player

Wd palace
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : Lol tbh the better side stayed up. Think that ambrose looks a good player Wd palace
    Posted by jubbley
    Really, well the stats say different

Possession

Owls 56% to 44%
    Shots on target
    9 6
    Shots off target
    4 0
    Corners
    6 2

The lucky team stayed up, end of

• edited May 2010
    Points won over 46 games - Palace 59, Sheff Wed - 47
  • edited May 2010
    lol  think he is john smiths,,BITTER
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : Really, well the stats say different Possession Owls 56% to 44% Shots on target 9 6 Shots off target 4 0 Corners 6 2 The lucky team stayed up, end of  
    Posted by acebarry10[/QUOTE

Dosnt it mean over the season though acebarry?
  • edited May 2010
    It still comes down to only ONE game, and you would expect refrerees to give clear cut penatiies, oh of course I forgot, he got demoted for being useless didnt he, again the best team on the day went down.