You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It all comes down to Hillsborough

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010

what about the refs decision not to give the foul to crystal palace in the build up to your goal, it was a clear foul and the ref ignored it

• edited May 2010
    2 penalties still give the Owls a 3-2 win
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough:
    2 penalties still give the Owls a 3-2 win
    Posted by acebarry10
    Your manager irvine said the ref played well and it wasnt a pen barry!!!!!!!!!

Im upset your a bit down but dont take it out on us please.

Look on the brighter side new investment etc will see you ok next year
  • edited May 2010

the eagles swoop & migrate the owls to a

lower perch twit-twoo.

• edited May 2010
    Gutted would be too strong-a-word but disappointed .
  • edited May 2010
    the eagles swoop & migrate the owls to a lower perch twit-twoo.
    Posted by lucy4
    Because of a CHEATING USELESS REF
  • edited May 2010
    Some sour grapes in this thread...

The better team over the season stayed up simples.

Tbh i didnt see 2 clear cut penalties, but Wednesday can bounce back next year, Newcastle got relagated but then just destroyed the championship and are back in the premier league..who says you cant do the same.
  • edited May 2010
    It still comes down to only ONE game, and you would expect refrerees to give clear cut penatiies, oh of course I forgot, he got demoted for being useless didnt he, again the best team on the day went down.
    Posted by acebarry10
     Great day yesterday, great result, great atmosphere and a brilliant advert for English football, blood guts and passion from players and fans alike. I agree with your comment regarding referees although forgive me but I didn't see any clear cut penalties and don't forget you still have to score from a penalty. However, I would expect a referee to award a goal when the ball crosses the line and is clearly a goal, something that we were the victim of this season.

Chatting to a few Wednesday supporters before the game they did say that Wednesday had been poor all season, and deserved to be where they were in the table unlike Palace. Based on posts that you have made on the forum, you seem like a fair minded bloke and I'm sure after a few days you will agree that Palace didnt deserve to go down and if our roles had been reversed, can you honestly begrudge Palace staying up?

I'm sure based on the support that I witnessed yesterday you will have no problem coming straight back up, however, if Palace had gone down I'm not sure if we would have survived as a club let alone achieving promotion next season. If its any consolation, I would add that football memories are made up of great days like yesterday. I remember going up to Anfield for a midweek evening game with 1200 Palace supporters and getting outclassed and totally outplayed for 90 minutes and eventually losing 9-0. However, its still one of my fondest memories as the support that night from us was second to none. It also made beating Liverpool 4-3 in the cup at Villa Park that much sweeter.

Best of luck next season mate and just be proud that you support a great club.
    TARAS

PS I'm sure you weren't one of the yobs that attacked our playes at the end of the game :)
  • edited May 2010
    were you one of the fans attaching the Palace players Bazza?

• edited May 2010
    Another sad weekend for our football!!!!!

Sheff weds and luton must and should be fined and docked points for there fans appaling behaviour
  • edited May 2010
    Another sad weekend for our football!!!!! Sheff weds and luton must and should be fined and docked points for there fans appaling behaviour
    Posted by jubbley
    coming from a millwall fan.......what a joke of a statement, west ham vs millwall was ten fold worse and neither got docked any points. what do palace fans expect, they can just celebrate on the pitch in front of 30,000 very upset owls fans. the police were non existent, a huge line of em were at the bottom of the stand for a reason, and they didnt do their jobs. 

anyway to the match, very good for the neutral, im a bit gutted we went down but not as gutted as i thought i would be, we will come back stronger and better for it im sure. atmosphere was cracking, sat right at the back of the kop and we were just bouncing constantly. at least one things for certain, we will definately have a club to support next season :)
  • edited May 2010
    might have been me and my mates you chatted to TARAS, i said the exact same thing to some palace fans we met in the Bankers draft pub.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : coming from a millwall fan.......what a joke of a statement, west ham vs millwall was ten fold worse and neither got docked any points. what do palace fans expect, they can just celebrate on the pitch in front of 30,000 very upset owls fans. the police were non existent, a huge line of em were at the bottom of the stand for a reason, and they didnt do their jobs.  anyway to the match, very good for the neutral, im a bit gutted we went down but not as gutted as i thought i would be, we will come back stronger and better for it im sure. atmosphere was cracking, sat right at the back of the kop and we were just bouncing constantly. at least one things for certain, we will definately have a club to support next season :)
    Posted by hurst05
    LOL...did we attack players?? this should be named sheff weds fans h8 losing to better side..lolololol
  • edited May 2010
    Get real hurst attacking players must and should be dealt with end of
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    WE ARE DERBY
    SUPER DERBY
    SUPER RAMS
  • edited May 2010
    Did we not get docked 4 points for this? oh yeah we did. ty nump
  • edited May 2010
    clint hill punched a lad in the face, the guys dad then punched clint hill. media hyping up the situation yet again. when did i say we didnt deserve to go down? we did, and i told palace fans before hand we deserve to go down. see you next season when you fail in the play offs :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : coming from a millwall fan.......what a joke of a statement, west ham vs millwall was ten fold worse and neither got docked any points. what do palace fans expect, they can just celebrate on the pitch in front of 30,000 very upset owls fans. the police were non existent, a huge line of em were at the bottom of the stand for a reason, and they didnt do their jobs.  anyway to the match, very good for the neutral, im a bit gutted we went down but not as gutted as i thought i would be, we will come back stronger and better for it im sure. atmosphere was cracking, sat right at the back of the kop and we were just bouncing constantly. at least one things for certain, we will definately have a club to support next season :)
    Posted by hurst05
    Dont expect players to be assaulted, you obviously feel Palace fans celebrating the possible survival of our club justifies the assault.
  • edited May 2010
    might have been me and my mates you chatted to TARAS, i said the exact same thing to some palace fans we met in the Bankers draft pub.
    Posted by hurst05
    No it defo weren't you m8
  • edited May 2010
    clint hill punched a lad in the face, the guys dad then punched clint hill. media hyping up the situation yet again. when did i say we didnt deserve to go down? we did, and i told palace fans before hand we deserve to go down. see you next season when you fail in the play offs :)
    Posted by hurst05
    Didnt see Hill punch anyone on tv but saw 2 or 3 guys have a pop at him, exactly how many dads has this lad got? No excuse ever for attacking a player on the pitch, unless of course the player is ratboy, then this action should be encouraged. 
  • edited May 2010
    Hang on hang on, maybe I haven't been keeping up on current events, but since when did owls start playing this blummin' game? ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : Dont expect players to be assaulted, you obviously feel Palace fans celebrating the possible survival of our club justifies the assault.
    Posted by -TARAS-
    no but i love how palace and the media hype this up to the full. if the large amount of police had kept them off the pitch nothing would have happened, what did palace fans expect when theyre running to the stand where there are 10,000 hurting wednesdayites celebrating, lack of brain cells. should have stayed in the stand and celebrated their safety and it could have been avoided.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : Didnt see Hill punch anyone on tv but saw 2 or 3 guys have a pop at him, exactly how many dads has this lad got? No excuse ever for attacking a player on the pitch, unless of course the player is ratboy, then this action should be encouraged.  
    Posted by -TARAS-
    proves my point even more, giving it large when they have only seen what the media wanted them to see. making the owls out to be nothing but thugs.

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: It all comes down to Hillsborough : proves my point even more, giving it large when they have only seen what the media wanted them to see. making the owls out to be nothing but thugs.
    Posted by hurst05
    Lol ok then...........
  • edited May 2010
    Now bring on Swindon. The Millwall are coming up
  • edited May 2010
    yeah, C'MON YOU LIONS
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah really hope Millwall have a result, work with alot of Palace and Millwall supporters and we have some great banter.