You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate.

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Yes, forget Mr Brown, Mr Cameron, & Mr Clegg.

Tonight, the REAL Live Debate will be on Channel 865, & we NEED your questions. 

The subject of the debate will be "What about the Poker Economy?". Here's the sort of questions we need.

1) What about the poker economy?

2) Should the Government introduce Poker Freerolls?

3) Does Poker need to be introduced into the education curriculum?

4) Should Poker Winnings be taxed? (Imagine being able to claim back Poker losses!).

5) What can Rich Orford do to stop his rapid hair loss?

We will be on-air from 8pm until Midnight, & will be covering.....

a) Tonight's Main Event, the Sky Sports NL Hold Em, which carries an £11 entry tag, 10 minute blinds, & 2,000 starting chips. The winner, of course, gets a bonus of free entry to the coveted £8,000 Guaranteed Sky Sports DS on May 27th.

b) Tonight's VLV Quarter-Final (well as much as we are able), which begins at 9pm. It's a very important week for VLV, too, as the second of our three VLV Finals is THIS Sunday, & will be covered on Sunday evening's Live Show.

Tonight's Show is NOT Simulcast, so we could misbehave, were it not for the fact that tonight's Producers are Sky-Ling & Sky Mandy, who, when it comes to looks of admonishment that would turn a man to stone, are not far behind Ayatollah Attila The Hen.

So, best behaviour, socks pulled right up to our knees. And DON'T MENTION Rich's hair. Right? 

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Wouldnt dream of mentioning Rich,s hair, or the lack of it ;)
  • edited April 2010

There will be some free poker goodies (Sky Poker Stress-Ball, Sky Poker Cap) for the BEST e-Mail.

It will NOT be necessary to mention Rich's hair loss to win the Best e-Mail prize.*

* That is not true.
  • edited April 2010
    i think poker stategy should be taught in schools!!!

or maybe poker could be entered into the next olympics!!! :)
  • edited April 2010
    my answers

1 - going great
    2 - yes please. winner gets to be an mp for a month with ALL the perks!!!
    3- no way!! too much competition
    4- only on sums over 10 million
    5 - could always nick some of tikays and stick it on the bald patch
  • edited April 2010

ok heres a question for rich ,

honest answer now rich ,

do you just put the lid back on the shoe polish tin immediatley 

after applying  it to ones head  or

have a sneaky look at your reflection on the the back of the lid 1st ?

please do not politically mallard [ duck ] this question  rich !

• edited April 2010
    Obviously rich has left his hair in his car
  • edited April 2010
    Tikay- I'm taking issue with your thread title.

Nothing is better than a big debate.

Or is that mass debate?

(Mods- ban me please...)
  • edited April 2010
    poker should certainly be used in maths classes

If Billy has 4 to a flush with 2 cards to come, what is the statistical likelihood of him finishing the hand ahead if he is all in against one opponent with trips.....

John is following Chris Ferguson's bankroll managment guide. If John has a roll of 450 quid, how big a buy in MTT can he afford to play?

etc etc
  • edited April 2010

Ooh - I forgot to mention - tonight's Phone-Guest will be "luvBWFC".

I suppose I could be criticised for that, but really it would be splitting hairs.
  • edited April 2010
    I promise I had no idea who the presenters were when I filled out my questionnaire. There was no buttering up intended!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate.:
    Yes, forget Mr Brown, Mr Cameron, & Mr Clegg. Tonight, the REAL Live Debate will be on Channel 865, & we NEED your questions.  The subject of the debate will be "What about the Poker Economy?". Here's the sort of questions we need. 1) What about the poker economy? 2) Should the Government introduce Poker Freerolls? 3) Does Poker need to be introduced into the education curriculum? 4) Should Poker Winnings be taxed? (Imagine being able to claim back Poker losses!). 5) What can Rich Orford do to stop his rapid hair loss? We will be on-air from 8pm until Midnight, & will be covering..... a) Tonight's Main Event, the Sky Sports NL Hold Em, which carries an £11 entry tag, 10 minute blinds, & 2,000 starting chips. The winner, of course, gets a bonus of free entry to the coveted £8,000 Guaranteed Sky Sports DS on May 27th. b) Tonight's VLV Quarter-Final (well as much as we are able), which begins at 9pm. It's a very important week for VLV, too, as the second of our three VLV Finals is THIS Sunday, & will be covered on Sunday evening's Live Show. Tonight's Show is NOT Simulcast, so we could misbehave, were it not for the fact that tonight's Producers are Sky-Ling & Sky Mandy, who, when it comes to looks of admonishment that would turn a man to stone, are not far behind Ayatollah Attila The Hen. So, best behaviour, socks pulled right up to our knees. And DON'T MENTION Rich's hair. Right?     
    Posted by Tikay10

Forever the charmer!!!! :-/
  • edited April 2010
    Best of luck for the show tonight guys - nice to see you both back doing a live show together so really looking forward to it!! Randomly bought into the Glasgow SPT this morning - need to sort out flights etc but should be ok - so will hopefully be seing you both in Glasgow!! Not the best time for Rich to be losing his hair seeing that it's cold up north :O
  • edited April 2010
    Tikay, I think all your ribald comments regarding Mr Orford's shortcomings upstairs are out of order. All this nonsense should be swept under the rug, and you should be made toupee, for ridiculing what is after all quite natural for a man in his mid 50's.

Having said all that, 'Friar Orford' does have a certain ring to it.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate.:
    Tonight's Show is NOT Simulcast, so we could misbehave, were it not for the fact that tonight's Producers are Sky-Ling & Sky Mandy, who, when it comes to looks of admonishment that would turn a man to stone, are not far behind Ayatollah Attila The Hen. So, best behaviour, socks pulled right up to our knees. And DON'T MENTION Rich's hair. Right?     
    Posted by Tikay10
    I really wouldn't worry about them pair, just do as you please! Bad language, rude jokes, double entrances or whatever they're called - just you see if 'Ling or Mandy do anything about it.........................................

And I actually quite like Richard's wig. I'm having a copy made up as we speak :)

• edited April 2010
    Richard, you should rise Head and Shoulders above all these jibes.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate.:
    Richard, you should rise Head and Shoulders above all these jibes.
    Posted by elsadog
    LMAO Alan
  • edited April 2010
    Good luck with the show guys, hopefully i will do better in the 3 comps im in tonight than last nights disaster.

Currently working on t-shirts for you both to wear sometime, hopefully ready by Glasgow......no clues

Ps Rich will always "own" tikay
  • edited April 2010
    Why don't Sky get Claire BALDing to co-present with Orford - great team I reckon ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Don't let Tikki get to you Rich, keep on sMerkin.
  • edited April 2010
    Am I the only one who wants Rich to do a hair restorer advert with Shane Warne?  If he's still got the yellow jacket from the Ocean Finance deal that would be SWEET!!!!!

SW "G'Day Rich.  Shreuth mate, what's with the dazzling get-up?  I think I need my Sunny's, that coat's brighter than a flaming Gerlarr"
    RO "Sorry Shane, I'm trying to distract people from my bald patch.'
    SW "Well M'Cobber, I know some people who can help you with that....."

and you get the idea with that one.
  • edited April 2010
    its well known that women like bald men for all the truthful reasons btw, not that im bald, yet
  • edited April 2010
    Tonights thread on the forum regarding tonights show had me thinking about how the election could be translated into a poker hand..I guess It'd go a little something like this.
    Mr Brown limps under the gun.Mr Cameron re-raises out of the small blind.Mr Clegg is sitting on the big blind and suspects Mr Cameron of bluffing, and makes a call with 45of clubs.
    The action comes round to Mr Brown, and he thinks his chances are good, and his time for a double up is now. He pushes all in with Jacks.
    Mr Cameron calls, putting himself all in with AK of Clubs.
    Mr Clegg short stacked, thinks this is a great chance of a triple up, and decides to make the call with his hand.
    The flop comes. 9 of Diamonds. 6 of Clubs, 7 of Clubs.
    Mr Browns hand is still good. barely. Mr Clegg has an open ended straight flush draw, and Mr Cameron has the Ace high floor draw.
    The turn comes a 8 of hearts.Helping no one, but giving the board a open ended straight draw.
    The dealer announces the river will not be dealt until the 6th of May.
    Will the under dog pre flop, Mr Clegg hit his straight flush?
    Will Mr Browns Jacks hold up?
    Will Mr Cameron hit an Ace or King, or even his flush?
    Or maybe, just maybe, a 5 that isnt a club with come, and split the pot..
  • edited April 2010
    also..

i have a early hand request 254797130

i want to know if i could have got more value for my hand..
  • edited April 2010
    Evening Tikay and (Balding) Rich, having looked at the thread and sensing the urgency of your request for help through Tikay about hair loss rich, i am sure i've heard the super models and the like, say about using either Guiness to wash your hair and give extra bounce or.....tomato ketchup! for that je ne sais quois. Good luck in your quest and just remember through out time Brucie,Graham Gooch and even Shane Warne have found ways of restoring that natural hair look!!!!!!!!! Dave.
  • edited April 2010

1144 BST: Mr Orford wanders round the car park looking for his car.

1305 BST: Mr Orford drives away from the studio - while still wearing his microphone.

Mr Orford: That was a disaster. Should never have put me with that woman, Lisa-Marie I think ... whose idea was that?

Second voice (Tikay, in Orfords head): I don't know, I didn't see her face, she was in the red dress.

Mr Orford: It's Sky_Ling, I think. It's just ridiculous. (Muffled sounds)

Second voice (Tikay, in Orfords head): What did she say?

Mr Orford: Ugh, everything, AJ is the nuts - she's just a sort of big-somethinged woman, said she used to be a Lisa-plop.  It's just ridiculous.

• edited April 2010
    rich, bald men have more stamina than those with hair just ask my wife
  • edited April 2010
    Machka post of the week. Pmsl
  • edited April 2010

its great to have u two back together.  i wouldnot  worry about the bald patch rich. 
    my hubby use to get all the jokes about his bald patch,.but he does not let it bother  him now the bald patch has completly gone.  Or should i say hair gone.

u know what they say rich hair today gone tomorrow.

• edited April 2010
    please please please show this hand 254815035