You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate.

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate.:

Posted by Machka
    please show this on the show! soooooo funny!

Machka, you have farrrr too much time on your hands!

What next? Tikay in a tutu?
  • edited April 2010
    TK has persuaded me to enter the Vegas Quarter with his charm on screen and its a big chunk of my bankroll so if i dont make it its your fault lol (actualy it will be my fault :) , ive been bubble boy far too many times and made it to the final last year and have been trying to make it ever since, so this is my last chance for Sin City wish me luck guys :) Dazler
  • edited April 2010
    Lisa-Marie's Response

1529 BST: Lisa-Marie speaks to reporters.

Reporter (ABC): We are live at the moment, the presenters being interviewed by the ABC, what would you like to say to the presenter?

Lisa-Marie: "I want to know why I was called big-somethinged?"

LM: I'm not saying anything more to him.

ABC Reporter: Are you disappointed?

LM: I am really disappointed.

Skz: Lisa-Marie you came here with very specific concerns about your play, and he responded positively to those, you thought?

LM: It was about the poker points being paid and players, and the bankroll debt.

Skz: But you've just watched that, you've heard the presenters words in the Skz truck? What is your instant reaction to that?

LM: Very upsetting, I'm very upset.

ABC: Did you expect that from him?

LM: No. He's an uneducated person, why has he come up with words like that? He's going to lead this channel and he's calling an outstanding woman who has just come up and asked him questions - what most people would ask him, they're not doing anything about the bankroll debt, it's going to be freeroll, freeroll, freeroll for another 20 years to get out of this bankroll debt - and he's calling me big-somethinged.

Skz: You told me you were a lifelong Orford supporter, then you have a Orfordable tournament registered, will you be playing that?

LM: No.

ABC: You also told me earlier, you said when I asked will he stay your No 1 and you said, hopefully he will.

LM: Well, I'm not bothered whether he does now. I don't think he will.

ABC: Do you think he should meet more players like you?

LM: I'm sure he should go out into the public and find out what's going on with our lives...

(Lisa-Marie takes a call on her mobile phone)

Skz: Let's just - if we can - talk about why you were here in the first place. The presenter has been at great pains this week to try and get out and speak to real players.

LM: Why has he come here to this place? Why didn't he go into Feltham where a lot of people could have spoken to him? In the town centre? Why is he here?(Flurry of reporters' questions) Well, I should think so. Nobody knew he was here, did they? I was walking up the street and the police said the road's cordoned off. Then I saw... I asked the policeman, 'Is Richard Orford here?' And he said, 'Yes, up there.' So I came up to ask him what is he going to do about the bankroll debt.

Skz: And when he responded to you, before he found his car and said what he said I mean, what was your reaction to the way in which he had dealt with your complaints?

LM: Well I thought he was understanding but he wasn't, was he? The way he's come out with those comments in the car.

Skz: What did you think of his character before this event? He's obviously said he's a moral compass, he's honest.

LM: I only met him for two of three or four minutes in that interview. His character on TV? Well, he hasn't really enthralled me with his speeches... but I like Kendall, Tony Kendall.

Skz: Why do you think Richard Orford said what he said?

LM: I don't know. You tell me. You saw me talking to him.

Skz: Is that what you expect of a presenter, a poker presenter?

LM: No. No I don't.

Skz: Before today, what was your view of Richard Orford as a man, as a presenter?

LM: I can't tell you as a man. As a presenter, when he was Spotting the Sausage he did very good things for the country. But now it's just all gone to pot. You've got to sort it out else we'll be playing, your children and grandchildren will be playing for all of this bankroll debt.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate. : please show this on the show! soooooo funny! Machka, you have farrrr too much time on your hands! What next? Tikay in a tutu?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes, I probably do.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate. : please show this on the show! soooooo funny! Machka, you have farrrr too much time on your hands! What next? Tikay in a tutu?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1 pmsl !
  • edited April 2010
    tikay the blog is on Sun, Sea and Ash Mountain thread.
    thanks for showing me winning a hand finally
  • edited April 2010
    tk, sparce was just seeing if u was wearing a thong
  • edited April 2010
    Here is a challenge for the producers when Rich and tikay are together, keep the cameras rolling during a break ;) and let us see it
  • edited April 2010
    Evening fellas!

Looking forward to the next League Final - qualified via the £48 semi last night :)

In answer to one of ur questions:

3) Does Poker need to be introduced into the education curriculum?

It's a daily requirement in my class ;)  I would also go so far as to advocate that it is weekly homework for every child from the age of 5.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rich! What is left of you hair looks very shiny which brand of boot polish do you use on it! Tk calm down all your screeching is making my telly shake! Thank you! :)
  • edited April 2010
    YOU COULD SKIN A CAT WITH A POTATO PEELER AND USE THE PEELINGS FOR THAT BOLD HEAD PIC TO MAKE A WIG :)
  • edited April 2010

machka ,

pod1 was looking for u m8y !
  • edited April 2010
     machka , pod1 was looking for u m8y !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Irish, I think the man is creating art at the mo!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate. : Irish, I think the man is creating art at the mo!
    Posted by rossjb14
    I was somewhat distracted. :-D
  • edited April 2010

I had absolutely no idea where Wombwell is....nor did I know it was the centre of the earth :( sorry tk !

You learn so much on this show, can u "learn me" how to go deep in one of these televised tournys, I am rubbish !!!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live Show - Better than The Big Debate. : I was somewhat distracted. :-D
    Posted by Machka
    dazzled more like lol !
  • edited April 2010

Evening Sir Rich & Tk.....great show as always guys..

Just to let Rich know that there is absolutely no worries to have with your 'receeding hairline' -
    All you need to do is just ask nicely and borrow one of TK's wigs from that shared dressing room of yours :)
  • edited April 2010
    I object to discussions on skinning cats!
  • edited April 2010
    1 amazing fact
    here goes
    on the day judy garland died, a tornado ripped through kansas and killed 7 people

10 ways to skin a cat:

cheesegrater
    chainsaw
    knife and fork
    letter opener
    bic razor
    swiss army knife
    kebab skewer
    hedge trimmer
    nail clippers
    richard orfords wit  ( thats sarcasm btw )

• edited April 2010

excellent show guys well done !
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for the messages tonight everyone!

Sorry if we didn't get chance to read yours out :)
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks for the Sky Poker Cap... and ball, keyring, coaster and pen!  Received it today. :-D