You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tough decision?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    personally i fold.. i rather push with them than call

what did you do??
  • edited May 2010
    The outcome: Folded and cashed. Busted out 49th. 
  • edited May 2010
    was this a 6 handed or 10 handed table?

10 handed i fold, cos im gtd to cash

6 handed i prob call but like penguin says it depends on the opponant
  • edited May 2010
    Well done for cashing. Was he called by either of the blinds? If so, what hand did he have?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tough decision?:
    Well done for cashing. Was he called by either of the blinds? If so, what hand did he have?
    Posted by Mohican
    He took the blinds down.
  • edited May 2010
    reminds me of a spot i was in in a GUKPT main event last year.
    1 left to the money (£2.4k iirc) and i'm a very shortstack on the button with QQ.

UTG+1 raises (he has been taking advantage of the bubble and is raising 50% hands)
    C/O 3bets to about what i have left (he's a well respected tightish player.)

I had paid absolutely nothing to get into the tournament and was freerolling.
    Call and increase stack by about 150% or fold and pray you cash?
    Add to this the other tables all crowding around when they saw me tank...... yukyukyuk lololol

I ended up reluctantly mucking as i didn't like the thought of original raiser flatting then checking down 3way with QQ and leaving with only the bubble in my pocket. 

I folded and cashed and Dave Maudlin (3bettor) later told me he had TT.  I know technically it's a bad fold and if i were in the same situation again i snap it off.  The £2k+ cash from a freeroll at the time though was quite a big deal for me.

If however i'd paid myself into this event i would have been fistpump shoving all day long.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tough decision?:
    reminds me of a spot i was in in a GUKPT main event last year. 1 left to the money (£2.4k iirc) and i'm a very shortstack on the button with QQ. UTG+1 raises (he has been taking advantage of the bubble and is raising 50% hands) C/O 3bets to about what i have left (he's a well respected tightish player.) I had paid absolutely nothing to get into the tournament and was freerolling. Call and increase stack by about 150% or fold and pray you cash? Add to this the other tables all crowding around when they saw me tank...... yukyukyuk lololol I ended up reluctantly mucking as i didn't like the thought of original raiser flatting then checking down 3way with QQ and leaving with only the bubble in my pocket.  I folded and cashed and Dave Maudlin (3bettor) later told me he had TT.  I know technically it's a bad fold and if i were in the same situation again i snap it off.  The £2k+ cash from a freeroll at the time though was quite a big deal for me. If however i'd paid myself into this event i would have been fistpump shoving all day long.
    Posted by cottlad
    I really think this sums everything up perfectly... if it's within your roll to play then fist pump call, but if not then I think folding it out to scrape into the cash is fine if it is a significant amount of money.