You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Don't want to do this anymore......................

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
I've played on sky now for about a year. In that time there have been good times and some not so good. Recently it seems that I can't win anything on this site and that poor play (not just against me) is being constantly rewarded. In tournaments I am unable to make any progress beyond the first hour. For the past month or so, it has been that any comedian who cares to call me, with any hand, will out draw me. This was no different tonight. I have wondered why so many players seem to be putting all their chips in with such rubbish and then it struck me. They are using the Hot-O-Meter. Tonight I clicked on this and looked at my hands according to the H-O-M. Apparently Q4s is a ''top hand'' as is K7s and Q7s etc........ you see the pattern. The thing is I folded these hands even though the H-O-M said to play them. ........ and they would have won had I taken them to the river. As it was I mistakenly played my usual game, wasn't able to get anyone off a hand and saw my chips dwindle. I then had a double up with AK against A7 (the H-O-M says that one's rubbish) and got back into contention. Then this happened ..........

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebrand09 Small blind  100.00 100.00 4527.50 C_B Big blind  200.00 300.00 5255.00   Your hole cards Q A       badboy-pj Fold     pip614 Fold     accccer03 Fold     elsadog Raise  600.00 900.00 1690.00 brand09 Fold     C_B Call  400.00 1300.00 4855.00 Flop    4 9 10       C_B Check     elsadog All-in  1690.00 2990.00 0.00 C_B Call  1690.00 4680.00 3165.00 C_B Show 4 7    elsadog Show Q A    Turn    Q       River    4       C_B Win Three 4s 4680.00  7845.00

Pretty much how all my games have been ending for the past month or so. I don't want to play this game anymore on Sky, I've had enough of it. I know folk will say I need a break etc etc but I don't. I don't understand why this type of play is being rewarded again and again. I've played this game since I was at school (40 years) and online for 6 years and I have never seen anything like this. I've done well on Sky overall but something has changed recently and I don't like it one bit. If this is variance is the weirdest I've seen in all my years playing.

So, I won't waste any more of my time or money playing here, and that's a shame. The community here is brilliant and the inter-action of the analysts and presenters with the players is totally unique. But the poker has become little better than a bingo session for me. I wish everyone well and much success.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    sorry to here it elsa. you have helped my game alot over last 6mnths. ps kept a tab myself and the last 6 times i had aa against just one opponent, i have lost. 6 in a row. its startin to hurt to. hope all goes well for you. phil
  • edited May 2010

well it saddens me to hear you are going elsa !

as far as weird things go on ,

just hurry back m8 the forum users love you m8y !

• edited May 2010
    you will be back soon enough.
    i feel for you as i am in the same boat as you, the past month has not been good to me at all (cash tables) i only just scraped a profit from cash last month and the way this month has started i hope i can scrape a small profit.
    most of my losses have not been badbeats, everytime i have a big pair i get it HU pre and villan will hit a set or flop a massive draw and they always hit that draw.
    everytime i have mid pair do i hit a set? or when i flop nut draw, do i hit? no never, i am also only winning about 30% of any race.
    the way its been going i am now starting to play bad poker.
    my luck has gotta change soon, any1 no any poker gods names? i will say a little prayer befor bed tonight.
  • edited May 2010
    The forum wont be the same about with out you mate. 

Hope you change your mind after a little while away 

Has been a pleasure playing against you m8

• edited May 2010
    Dudeskin8 Small blind  10.00 10.00 4970.00
    COPIE9 Big blind  20.00 30.00 4980.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

izabel Fold     
    ZIPPY146 Fold     
    swagman Fold     
    67Bhoys Fold     
    zxghostxz Call  20.00 50.00 4980.00
    kathy Call  20.00 70.00 4880.00
    Dudeskin8 Raise  90.00 160.00 4880.00
    COPIE9 Call  80.00 240.00 4900.00
    zxghostxz Fold     
    kathy Call  80.00 320.00 4800.00
    Flop

• J

Dudeskin8 Bet  320.00 640.00 4560.00
    COPIE9 Raise  640.00 1280.00 4260.00
    kathy Fold     
    Dudeskin8 Raise  1060.00 2340.00 3500.00
    COPIE9 Call  740.00 3080.00 3520.00
    Turn

Dudeskin8 All-in  3500.00 6580.00 0.00
    COPIE9 All-in  3520.00 10100.00 0.00
    COPIE9 Unmatched bet  20.00 10080.00 20.00
    Dudeskin8 Show
    • Q
    • Q

COPIE9 Show

River

COPIE9 Win Full House, 2s and 8s 10080.00  10100.00
    Know how you feel.
  • edited May 2010
    I know that we are not big fans of each other, but you ARE a top player.......just have a wee break maybe.

Regards/Respect
  • edited May 2010
    a little tip ive learnt while playing on here, is play torns 4 fun only. i find something (hu) which pays 4 my torns i play in, and it helps with the beats u get, would b sad 2 see u go tho
  • edited May 2010

Alan

You gave me some good advice not so long ago and even though this will be no way as good, here is mine to you anyway.
    PLEASE just take a break! yes I know that is really not what you want to hear right now but trust me, it does help.....ALOT. I cashed in a 50k MTT last Friday on another site where it was a pleasure to play with players giving the odd raise or two the respect it deserves. On here, like you say, there is a large number of 'any two' merchants who seem to hit more times then they probably deserve and I ain't going to bore you with the old variance/probability garbage that other players will come out with but just say.....take a break mate and don't let them get you down. Hopefully, you shall return refreshed and start punishing the bad moves.

GOOD LUCK TO WHATEVER YOU DECIDE. < said with sincerity
  • edited May 2010
    Tournaments ARE a minefield but you know this already,i myself are playing cash near non stop now and doing great on the 10p/20p tables and this more than compensates for the tournies i play.Gl elsa you are still a very good player.dav
  • edited May 2010

soz elsa i checked you out on sharkscope you made over 2k profit 

in feb and march this year and lost 250 in april ,

please can i have this bad run on skypoker .

profit 1.75 k over the last 3 months !

i am confused please explain !
  • edited May 2010
    'Al'  me ol mate  you  cant go  anywhere ,   were in 'Hu's Muckers' team together ..

Let me tell you  something .. go to  page 24  of 'Bennys X Files', there's  two posts one called , 'The God of Ology', and  'Check  Calling'  ...

I presume your talking of MTT's, and the thing with this site is, everyone listens to TK and  Ed on TV saying,
    'You must shove all-in with only 7-10 BB's'  ?   Now i'm not saying thats wrong   but the way people read the message is...
    'yeah baby shove  all-in, TK says  how can they  call' ?   Which is true in a way, but 95% of  players on-line haven't learned the basics of the game, which is  chip management in building a stack slowly through the tournament.   This  principle has always  applied to Live tournaments with  long  blinds ..
    It should also apply here but because we play 6 seaters,   the hand range is  wider and because  there's another game to play in 5 mins, some players just shove  and  if  they  get lucky  fine  if not , onwards and upwards to the next game ..... and so  we end up  with a shove fest of  'bingo' !

The other thing here is most tournaments are speed tournaments around 5- 10 min blinds, so in reality your always playing  a crapshoot BUT on the up side your not going to  be playing online for hours  and  hours, maybe  2 ,  3 , or 4 hours maximum .. 

You cant play  a  3 hour tournament without getting lucky  at  least 8 or more times on the way to  a final  table  but the modern game is played in a way of 'C' bets and 'floating', none of it's new,  it's  just  the new 'lingo' .. the 'IN' phrase .. ...

Get yourself  a 'beenie hat'  and 'i-pod'  .. get  real man ... it's  a modern world  !!

:))  gl;k  benny  

• edited May 2010
    I dont understand the problem with the hand you posted... tbh you should of shoved and not raised then shoved any flop, would of saved you your tourny life! Mtts are so luck based it's not surprising you are having a long bad run. Maybe because you are/think you are a dog? Might have something to do with it, ive heard the poker gods prefer cats...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Don't want to do this anymore......................:
    I dont understand the problem with the hand you posted... tbh you should of shoved and not raised then shoved any flop, would of saved you your tourny life! Mtts are so luck based it's not surprising you are having a long bad run. Maybe because you are/think you are a dog? Might have something to do with it, ive heard the poker gods prefer cats...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Not Egyptian Gods though.
  • edited May 2010

Play cash, u will get what u deserve!

DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Don't want to do this anymore...................... : Not Egyptian Gods though.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Poker gods seem to love cows considering you get called down by 3 high for a £1000 pot lol.
  • edited May 2010
    I dont know how to  do  this,     never done it  before,   show hand  request .. but all  I know  is  in my  mind I played the hand  right..
    'my way' ..'the old way' ! 

So drum roll for the king of  swing,     :)

hand number .... 0255983678  ( i think ) played in the 900gtd Monday

• edited May 2010
    Chin up Alan - im having 2 months of this cra p m8, I know it hurts and if you think a break helps then do it - but for me it's just a case of grinding away and hoping the corner is near because my luck has to change sometime soon sigh. All the best to you man - your a very good player so I hope to see you back soon mate :)
  • edited May 2010
    agreeing with benny here about the tv affecting beginners play-- you make a bet on the flop because you hit top pair -ace kicker--- you want to keep customer, so the bet aint massive--- but these donks that listen to ed giddins think your bet is a sign of fluppin weakness, so the fluppers go over the top and hit thier fluppin 3 kicker on the river--- according to the great ed, any bet thats not all in is a fluppin sign of weakness, its all he goes on about----ooo look flopwit has spotted a sign of weakness there and pushed his whole stack in with 8 high-- what a great play!!!--- brilliant---- thats the way to do it!!!---INNIT!!
  • edited May 2010
    Take a break alan---ed might shut up soon--gl m8--you will be missed
  • edited May 2010
    'Al'  me ol mate  you  cant go  anywhere ,   were in 'Hu's Muckers' team together .. Let me tell you  something .. go to  page 24  of 'Bennys X Files', there's  two posts one called , 'The God of Ology', and  'Check  Calling'  ... I presume your talking of MTT's, and the thing with this site is, everyone listens to TK and  Ed on TV saying, 'You must shove all-in with only 7-10 BB's'  ?   Now i'm not saying thats wrong   but the way people read the message is... 'yeah baby shove  all-in, TK says  how can they  call' ?   Which is true in a way, but 95% of  players on-line haven't learned the basics of the game, which is  chip management in building a stack slowly through the tournament.   This  principle has always  applied to Live tournaments with  long  blinds .. It should also apply here but because we play 6 seaters,   the hand range is  wider and because  there's another game to play in 5 mins, some players just shove  and  if  they  get lucky  fine  if not , onwards and upwards to the next game ..... and so  we end up  with a shove fest of  'bingo' !   The other thing here is most tournaments are speed tournaments around 5- 10 min blinds, so in reality your always playing  a crapshoot BUT on the up side your not going to  be playing online for hours  and  hours, maybe  2 ,  3 , or 4 hours maximum ..  You cant play  a  3 hour tournament without getting lucky  at  least 8 or more times on the way to  a final  table  but the modern game is played in a way of 'C' bets and 'floating', none of it's new,  it's  just  the new 'lingo' .. the 'IN' phrase .. ... Get yourself  a 'beenie hat'  and 'i-pod'  .. get  real man ... it's  a modern world  !!   :))  gl;k  benny  
    Posted by bennydip2
    I believe you are confusing me with someone else. My thoughts & beliefs on short-stack play are well documented here & elsewhere.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Don't want to do this anymore...................... : I believe you are confusing me with someone else. My thoughts & beliefs on short-stack play are well documented here & elsewhere.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This is not why he is getting you confused with someone else... he is getting you confused with someone else because he thinks people listen to you. hehe :D
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay is an advocate of patience Blackfish-- He has said several times that waiting till 5 bbs is fine before having to shove
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay is an advocate of patience Blackfish-- He has said several times that waiting till 5 bbs is fine before having to shove
    Posted by oynutter
    I know :)... i just wanted to wind the old geezer up lol.
  • edited May 2010
    It' weird to see a reg hit a berky on here. Your on a downswing pet and you should be happy for anyone to use the hotometer as a starting range.
  • edited May 2010
    facebook poker has a lot to answer for!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Don't want to do this anymore......................:
    Yet another ' sob story ' don't you whingers ever give up,go cry all the way to the bank. When will you people, (the supposedly? good players) realise it's not an exlcusive club anymore!,you can be beat/knocked out by anyone.Thanks to Sky Poker and the nice Mr Kendal et al,novices/newbies etc now know,that they can beat you at your own game,isn't that nice. As Mr Zimmerman writes " The times they are a'changing ",                        Kind regards
  • edited May 2010
    this is sad,all the best elsa where ever you go,hope to see you here though m8
  • edited May 2010
    'Al'  me ol mate  you  cant go  anywhere ,   were in 'Hu's Muckers' team together .. Let me tell you  something .. go to  page 24  of 'Bennys X Files', there's  two posts one called , 'The God of Ology', and  'Check  Calling'  ... I presume your talking of MTT's, and the thing with this site is, everyone listens to TK and  Ed on TV saying, 'You must shove all-in with only 7-10 BB's'  ?   Now i'm not saying thats wrong   but the way people read the message is... 'yeah baby shove  all-in, TK says  how can they  call' ?   Which is true in a way, but 95% of  players on-line haven't learned the basics of the game, which is  chip management in building a stack slowly through the tournament.   This  principle has always  applied to Live tournaments with  long  blinds .. It should also apply here but because we play 6 seaters,   the hand range is  wider and because  there's another game to play in 5 mins, some players just shove  and  if  they  get lucky  fine  if not , onwards and upwards to the next game ..... and so  we end up  with a shove fest of  'bingo' !   The other thing here is most tournaments are speed tournaments around 5- 10 min blinds, so in reality your always playing  a crapshoot BUT on the up side your not going to  be playing online for hours  and  hours, maybe  2 ,  3 , or 4 hours maximum ..  You cant play  a  3 hour tournament without getting lucky  at  least 8 or more times on the way to  a final  table  but the modern game is played in a way of 'C' bets and 'floating', none of it's new,  it's  just  the new 'lingo' .. the 'IN' phrase .. ... Get yourself  a 'beenie hat'  and 'i-pod'  .. get  real man ... it's  a modern world  !!   :))  gl;k  benny  
    Posted by bennydip2

Very true...thats why good players should play cash and deep stacked tournys for profit (better winrates and less variance) and the main events etc for fun.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Don't want to do this anymore...................... : I know :)... i just wanted to wind the old geezer up lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3

hahahaa  so did I ...  TK knows what I mean,  players hear on TV  they cant call in this situation it's either Pass or Shove, in the closing stages,  so all this talk of  shove  shove, becomes infectious and before you know it the  whole tournament is  played with shove-all-ins !! It's the modern way .. (well in some  cases) 

:))
  • edited May 2010
    facebook poker has a lot to answer for!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    facebook poker makes me feel so much better about my game!! ;)

i had a very bad week last week losing most coin flips etc....

this week has been alot better so far.

just have a break elsadog.

i did for a few days and came back alot more focused.