You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Music

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I'm into most music from Indie rock to reggae.

I could put a host of names here but it would be a very long list.

Has anybody noticed that most of the 80's band are making comeback tours.

I'm gutted that I've missed a chance to see Brett Anderson's (1 half of Suede) comeback gig.

Lately I've been listening to Depeche Mode as they are touring and hopefully will be going to see them at the O2.

If anyone listens to music through their computer Spotify is brilliant for this and they dont charge a fee to use it but every 3 or 4 song there is an advert, You can pay a fee which takes the adverts out.

Hopefully I will be taking my daughters to the v-festival in Hylands park.
  • edited October 2009
    R.E.M
    THE BEATLES
    BOBMARLEY
    FOO FIGHTERS
    NIRVANA(obviously)
    EMINEM
  • edited October 2009

labrat  first  record  i  bought    remember  slade  great  band

• edited October 2009
    First record I ever bought was Adam and the ants..ant music 2nd was prince charming
  • edited November 2009
    FIRST ALBUM I EVER OWNED WAS - GRAND FUNK RAILROAD , THE DOUBLE ALBUM , STILL ENJOY SOME OF IT TODAY . I DIDN'T BUY IT BUT WON IT ON A RADIO SHOW . THE FIRST ALBUM I BOUGHT WITH MY POCKET MONEY WAS PROBABLY BY DEEP PURPLE . IM REALLY ENJOYING THE OLD KRAUTROCKERS AT THE MOMENT . BIG BIG FAN OF - CAN . ALSO , NEU AND AMON DUUL 2 .  MY FAMILY WERE LIVING IN GERMANY IN THE LATE 60"s , early 70"s . I HAVE FEW REGRETS ABOUT MY LIFE BUT NOT RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME TO SEE - CAN - PLAY IN COLOGNE IS ONE OF THEM.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Music:
    my favourite band of all time are weirdly an american band called journey, every song of theirs gets you hooked and my favourite "dont stop believin" is absolute massive where i live due to my father playing it in the pubs he runs, if any of you havent heard of it, please enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM
    Posted by webby234
    HEARD IT ON X FACTOR SATURDAY, WAS WONDERING WHO SANG IT, JUST FOLLOWED THE LINK, GREAT SONG.
  • edited November 2009

what a load of rubbish you all listen to you cant beat a bit of Rnb

• edited November 2009
    what a load of rubbish you all listen to you cant beat a bit of Rnb
    Posted by beaujolais
    Rhythm 'n' Blues - what like Bo Diddley? ;-)

• edited November 2009

Last 5 albums i bought that are well worth a listen'

temper trap, just love sweet disposition

calvin harris

friendly fires

la roux

florence and the machines

Also love kasabian, foo fighters and coldplay

saw u2 at wembley earlier in the year and they were pretty good too, but not as good as i thought they might be. was expexting an audio and visual extravaganza and it didn't really quite live up to it.

• edited November 2009
    Favourite bands off the top of my head:

Muse
    Bloc Party
    Kings of leon
    Led Zeppelin
    System of a down
    Marilyn manson
    30 seconds to mars
    Foo fighters
    David Bowie
    Prodigy
    Nirvana
    Red hot chilli peppers
    InMe
    The strokes
    Audioslave
    R.E.M

Favourite songs off the top of my head:

Hotel California - The Eagles
    Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
    Easy Lover - Phil Collins
    Since i've been loving you - Led Zeppelin
    Shadow on the sun - Audioslave
    Can't stop - RHCP
    Reptilia - The Strokes 
  • edited November 2009
    She means that RnB music where you do the "boooty" shaking thing, not that iv ever seen it online or searched for it on any website , i just "heard" they do it...but they have to be packing some "junk in the trunk"   innit  
    Posted by MrMagooo
    your not as old as i thought lol
  • edited November 2009
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

of the lesser known bands

Phantom Planet
    Helen Love
    Nightwish
    The Blackeyed Susans
    Toys Gone Beserk
    Nerf Herder
    The Vandals
    Isobel Campbell

and

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
  • edited November 2009
    Good Post. My Fave Bands are:

Editors
    Rage Against The Machine
    Nirvana
    Radiohead
    Alice In Chains
    Kings of Leon
    Pearl Jam
    Puressence
    Dogs
    Boy Kill Boy

There's loads more but I ain't gonna list them all. I urge you all to check out Only Forever, an album by Puressence & also Turn Against This Land by Dogs, brilliant albums, you'll not be disappointed.
  • edited November 2009
    Nice one mate. If ya want anymore recommendations let me know.
  • edited November 2009
    Ahh yes RATM....

Killing in the name always hypes me up whatever mood i'm in!

OMG I forgot to mention my favourite band if I had to choose in my previous post....

DEFTONES!
  • edited November 2009
    Bob Dylan, he be da man, almost holding my own head in my hands, but I'll freely admit to having seen him more than 120 times, on four continents, great way to see the world, follow a band/artist. Favourite album Highway 61 Revisited
    Van Morrison, he can be grumpy and disinterested sometimes, when he's up for it, his shows are great (I've done 70+) favourite Album Astral Weeks
    Tom Waits, the bloke is hilarious at times, writes some of the best stuff around imo, but getting tickets is like finding the proverbial rocking horse doo dar. Only seen him half a doen times. Favourite album Rain Dogs
    The Stones, still the best live band in the world, imo, and I've seen loads, by anyone and everyone. Favourite Album Exile On Main Street.
    Pink Floyd, I'm not a big Floyd fan, but Wish You Were Here is superb, worthy of a place in anyone's music collection.
    There's always a time and place for Led Zep, Nick Drake, Nick Cave, Elvis Costello and loads more.
    Seasick Steve is about the only guy I can think of who I like who has chart success these days (apart from Dylan)
    Have loads of old blues and jazz records too (I can't abide cd's) Howlin' Wolf and Sonny Boy Williamson are amongst my favourites.
  • FBSFBS
    edited November 2009
    Looking forward to seeing

ALABAMA 3 in Leeds later in the week, should be a great night :)
  • edited November 2009
    Best live bands iv seen : Oasis (so many hate oasis i see in other posts, strange)

Kings Of Leon (was at the back of the O2 so didnt see much but the sounded great)

Ian Brown (at a local venue)

The Zutons  (remember them? had some great songs)

seen oasis lots of times and they have always been pure quality

• edited November 2009
    Has anybody heard of a band called Computerclub? They've got an album out called Before the Walls Came Down
    If you like Editors then check these guys out.  Standout tracks: before the walls came down, beat connection,
    fragile minds, electrons & particles.

Enjoy
  • edited November 2009
    OMG ....IM STUCK IN THE LATE 60s

PINK FLOYD FAN IM AFRIAD  ...BEEN A FAN FOR SOME 40yrs!
  • edited November 2009
    Been unable to take Mumford and Sons off the ipod since i got it, well worth a listen if you like Arcade Fire/Modest Mouse etc