You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's PTP - Double Deepstack Delight

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

The perefect night for PTP!

7pm - tikay Sleepstack, £11, 5k chips.

8pm - Double Stack Open, £11, 4k Chips.

Unlike the last month, I won't have Rich Orford in the office with me for company - we had wonderful fun to tell the truth - so just me tonight. I'll have a Last-Longer with myself I think.

But if anyone wants a Double Last Longer with me - just for the craic - Post on the Thread, please. Winner is the one with the LOWEST combined finishing positions from BOTH Tourneys. So finish 10th in one, & 10th in the other = 20.

I'll sort out a few Sky Poker goodies for the winner - Sky Poker stress ball, beer mat, pen, & key-ring.

I MAY be late starting tonight, as we are in the Studio all day doing Pre-Records, & I have a hunch we will slip behind schedule, but I've entered both Tourneys, & I'll arrive at some stage, possibly nearer 8pm than 7.

See you later.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Good luck everyone in tonights game.

Won't be playing the double stack tonight even though it's definately one of the better games of the week...bankroll just isn't cutting it at the moment!

Good luck all!
  • edited May 2010
    hi tikay, i'll take that bet if you want???

how bout if i win, you have to wear a pair of donkey ears for the first hour of SPT in Glasgow?? :):):)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP - Double Deepstack Delight:
    hi tikay, i'll take that bet if you want??? how bout if i win, you have to wear a pair of donkey ears for the first hour of SPT in Glasgow?? :):):)
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Hi Plopper

A better one would be, if you win, tikay cannot have a go at you for the first hour at the SPT ;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP - Double Deepstack Delight : Hi Plopper A better one would be, if you win, tikay cannot have a go at you for the first hour at the SPT ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    i like it baz

or even better, if i win tikay cant have a go at me at all during SPT :):):)

that would be hell for him :):):):):):):):)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP - Double Deepstack Delight : i like it baz or even better, if i win tikay cant have a go at me at all during SPT :):):) that would be hell for him :):):):):):):):)
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Barry was referring to your 'playing time' there Mr Plop......not your actual time at the venue :)
  • edited May 2010
    an hour is probably the peak of my ambition for playinmg time
  • edited May 2010
    I shall be playing both; assuming that I'm awake.
  • edited May 2010
    I shall be playing both; assuming that I'm awake.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I'm inclined to the view that it is not necessary to be awake to play the first 2 hours of these - is this where I am going wrong?

• edited May 2010
    Count me in, im in both. Iv had a week of cash (very succesfully as well) but back to tournaments for deepstack Wednesday.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP - Double Deepstack Delight : I'm inclined to the view that it is not necessary to be awake to play the first 2 hours of these - is this where I am going wrong?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's probably advisable to be awake at some point between 7pm and midnight.
    Sleeping through the first 2 hours is fine but you will almost certainly miss my exits from both games which may spoil your evening.

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP - Double Deepstack Delight : It's probably advisable to be awake at some point between 7pm and midnight. Sleeping through the first 2 hours is fine but you will almost certainly miss my exits from both games which may spoil your evening.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +1
  • edited May 2010

Mere is right - I'd not want to miss his exit.

But I actually think that Phil Hellmuth, who famously "sits-out" for the first 3 or 4 Levels of almost every Tourney he plays, including the WSOP Biggie etc - has it right. Playing the first few Levels is truly daunting & scary, as many players feel obliged to play every hand, & these guys, as Elsadog notes, are dangerous.

I played a Live Event 2 weeks ago, & it went (at 25-50), Limp, Limp, Limp, then the BB made it two thousand. And got THREE Callers! What hand can three players in a row limp with at 25-50, & then call a 2k pre-flopRaise?! And that was a £100 Tourney!

So that's the secret of my failure. I avoid that stages of tourneys like the plague. Reducing variance is key, it's part of "finding that route", "dodging those bullets". By Level 5, it becomes much more sedate & civilised, & then, come Level 8 or 10, the real poker, & the real fun, begins.

• edited May 2010
    Can only play in 1 of these tongiht compute cnat handle 2 tables neither can bankroll, well to be honest bankroll cant handle 1 but lets not worry about that.

Which one would you reccomend for most enjoyment tikay?  I dont expect to cash in either just hope to last a couple of hours and have some fun

Gareth
  • edited May 2010
    Can only play in 1 of these tongiht compute cnat handle 2 tables neither can bankroll, well to be honest bankroll cant handle 1 but lets not worry about that. Which one would you reccomend for most enjoyment tikay?  I dont expect to cash in either just hope to last a couple of hours and have some fun Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Both are excellent - hard to choose between them. If it comes to choosing, the 7pm is 5k chips & a TEN Seater, the 8pm one is 4k Chips & a SIX Seater.

BUT....the 7pm will only pay about 5 or 6 places, (it will get 30 to 40 runners) & the 8pm will pay around 40 or 50 places, from a field of 300 to 400.
  • edited May 2010
    Count me in for that last longer.

• edited May 2010
    I really NEED a stress ball and I've never won a tee-shirt so I'm in.

(My better half told me to type that).
  • edited May 2010
    Im game for both.  Tiaky are you offering a last longer where we can't lose anything?  If so I am in! I am full of anesthetic to go along with my new mouth full of metal, so a couple of tourneys where sleeping is encouraged suits me.
  • edited May 2010
    Can I be in the last longer................although my mrs assures me that I have no chance of ever lasting long!!!!!!!! ;)
  • edited May 2010
    I'm in both, so count me in the last longer.
  • edited May 2010

I WILL be late starting the tikay Sleepie - & maybe even the 8pm Main - as the Pre-Records are a bit behind schedule, & we have not started recording "The Club" yet. Which takes about 90 minutes to record, for technical reasons. But I'll be along at some stage.

The Last-Longer is on for anyone interested, but entries CLOSE at 7pmm sharp, any Late Entries may be disqualified, & possibly shot, too. 

Good Luck guys.
  • edited May 2010
    Can I be in the last longer................although my mrs assures me that I have no chance of ever lasting long!!!!!!!! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    You can't say things like that, you are a school teacher, lmao.
  • edited May 2010
    Putting the nipper to bed around 7 so will catch up with all in the 8pm tourney. Hopefully go one place better than last night! :-) Good luck all!
  • edited May 2010
    I will be in for the LL.
  • edited May 2010
    oopsy-plopsy early exit from the sleepy, still only 35 beat me so not tooooooo bad lol
  • edited May 2010
    16th in Sleepstack.
    161st in Doublestack.

I'm guessing that isn't a winning ticket.
  • edited May 2010

27th in sleepie. (Never joined until 8.05, was out by 8.30!)

71st in Double Stack

= 98th.

"Started slowly, flattered briefly, soon under pressure, tailed off, pulled up".
  • edited May 2010
    I somehow snatched second from the jaws of victory in the sleepstack and I'm forgetting the double stack!!

At least Spurs won :)
  • edited May 2010
    a slightly embarrassing 36th in sleepy, and a disappointing 26th in the biggy for a total of 62.

did tikay accept that prop bet????
  • edited May 2010
    94th in doublestack... well placed for a long time but lost chance through stupid mistake.

7th in deepie... ran well then took on bigstack with QQ and Chirpy had KK,
    Spitfire, unbpower and Jaegerbomb looking good

• edited May 2010
    94th in doublestack ... well placed for a long time but lost chance through stupid mistake. 7th in deepie... ran well then took on bigstack with QQ and Chirpy had KK, Spitfire, unbpower and Jaegerbomb looking good
    Posted by penguin7
    thanks mate, its usually only the ladies that say that :):):)

just had major donk session though