You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why Oh Why Oh Why??

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    There is a 10 seater deepstack. 3.30 entry, starting in 6 minutes time.

SEE YOU ALL THERE
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why Oh Why Oh Why??:
    There is a 10 seater deepstack. 3.30 entry, starting in 6 minutes time. SEE YOU ALL THERE
    Posted by Seagull158
    yeah 8 runners great value they,re going by the wayside which is a shame.its the same with anything popular at first then people get bored and numbers drop.the same will happen with bennys idea if its introduced, damn shame
    edit:it got 23 runners in the end still alot down from the 80-100 runners it had when it first kicked off:-(
  • edited May 2010
    Look  at it  again guys  and  gals, I'm not saying 'Deep Stack' and I'm not saying long blind  levels, as  'Pod1'  pointed out they can take  hours, which is fine  for  some if that's  what you want, however this structure I'm proposing would take around one and  a half hours max, if there were only 30 runners..
     Deep stacks and long blind levels  are designed for  a long session, and it's  just not happening, so this way gives plenty of time for good play with enough time not to feel committed to 'shove and hope' any two cards that six seater  speed tournaments bring about here  .

So a variety as I have explained would only be good for the players  and Sky Poker ..  again the set-up as I would  see it... 

Three  10  seater Guaranteed tournaments around the times of 8 30, 9 30  and  10 30 ...  blind levels could  be 10mins

£10 +1 with 5  places paid ..example  if  only 30 runners turned up, Sky's profit would  still be £10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    £5 +.50p ..  5 places paid (same as above)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    £2.50 +.25p .. 5 places (same as above)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above is based on 30 players guaranteed 5 places paid ...  now  after 7.30pm  and with  Guarantee of £200 , £100, and £50 I'm sure the turnout would be more  .........

One final point how many times in six seaters do you find yourself sitting at  a table  with five , four or three players ..?? 
    It becomes  a lottery or Bingo at that point !!

My Lu'd  and members of the Jury,  here ends  the case  for the defence,

we  rest  our  case ... 

• edited May 2010
    I personally don't prefer 10 seater tournis but yet again someone puts a point of view to everyone and gets the phirana treatment.

I always respect your point of view Benny so keep posting it.

Peace out.

Airwalker
  • edited May 2010

No news is good  news ...........  

:))
  • edited May 2010
    I like the 10min blind structure as suggested by Benny and also think these could be fitted in with the existing tourny schedule's
    Just a quick one: I Played on a few 10 seater double your money's on another site, but I don't see any of those on here.

What do you think of 10 seater DYMs Benny?
  • edited May 2010
    Look  at it  again guys  and  gals, I'm not saying 'Deep Stack' and I'm not saying long blind  levels, as  'Pod1'  pointed out they can take  hours, which is fine  for  some if that's  what you want, however this structure I'm proposing would take around one and  a half hours max, if there were only 30 runners..  Deep stacks and long blind levels  are designed for  a long session, and it's  just not happening, so this way gives plenty of time for good play with enough time not to feel committed to 'shove and hope' any two cards that six seater  speed tournaments bring about here  . So a variety as I have explained would only be good for the players  and Sky Poker ..  again the set-up as I would  see it...    Three  10  seater Guaranteed tournaments around the times of 8 30, 9 30  and  10 30 ...  blind levels could  be 10mins  £10 +1 with 5  places paid ..example  if  only 30 runners turned up, Sky's profit would  still be £10 130  75  56  35  24 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ £5 +.50p ..  5 places paid (same as above) 65 37 28 18 12 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ £2.50 +.25p .. 5 places (same as above) 33 18 14   9  6 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The above is based on 30 players guaranteed 5 places paid ...  now  after 7.30pm  and with  Guarantee of £200 , £100, and £50 I'm sure the turnout would be more  ......... One final point how many times in six seaters do you find yourself sitting at  a table  with five , four or three players ..??  It becomes  a lottery or Bingo at that point !! My Lu'd  and members of the Jury,  here ends  the case  for the defence, we  rest  our  case ...   
    Posted by bennydip2
    If you wish, I can C & P this well-reasoned Post & short-cut it to the appropriate Suits for consideration. Let me know if you'd like me to do that, please.
  • edited May 2010
    I like the 10min blind structure as suggested by Benny and also think these could be fitted in with the existing tourny schedule's Just a quick one: I Played on a few 10 seater double your money's on another site, but I don't see any of those on here. What do you think of 10 seater DYMs Benny?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Thanks TREV, yes the 10 min structure is one of the key's to the set-up to  make it become successful    for many reason I can explain later but No-One from  SKY has commented, so I'm guessing there either thinking about it or asking  others  like  TK for  his opinion .. 

However, as  for DYM 10 seaters .. Not really my  kind of game  but if  I were grinding daily  for profit then YES, there would  be far more play in 10 than a 6 seater table .. 

Another point  I'd  make in all of this  is,  ...  

Online (I'm guessing here) on a 10 seater  table, the hands dealt  would  be about half  as  many  as  a 6 seater ,   compared to  live play, whilst a 10 seater online  would  get  about 4 times  more  hands  than a 10 seater LIVE ..so we are getting about  8 times  more  hands  than a Live 10 seater ...

SO  my  point  is why  have deep  stack  long blinds .. equate that  to  live play  and a LIVE tournament  with 30min blinds  would  be the equivalent  to having  4hour levels  ...  
    ( I think ) ?

I know this is not clear  but I know  what  I mean ...
    anyways  you get the drift  of what I'm saying, as for  DYM games the  princible is the same 10 wouldn't  be panic stations as  a  6 handed game  could be..

glk  benny
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why Oh Why Oh Why?? : If you wish, I can C & P this well-reasoned Post & short-cut it to the appropriate Suits for consideration. Let me know if you'd like me to do that, please.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank  you  .. Diamond geezer, I wish everyone  was like you and  CARL    .. 

And  stop  wearing that  blue scarf whilst playing live, act your age like what I do  ..  :))