You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comedy in the Shed has left the Building (R.I.P)

edited May 2010 in The Shed
It is fair to say that the recent thread by OMahonyO was nothing short of pure genius. (You all know which one)

Sadly, it seems that almost all of the images have now been removed from the thread. Several of my own (and other contributors) posts have bit the dust too.

There was "nothing vulgar" on any of the images that I can recall seeing in the thread, so I can only ask....

WHO ? and WHY ?

I understand that the mods have a job to do, but this is taking it a wee-bit too far (imo) while removing a lot of fun in the process.

FWIW I was contacted by a mod (would bet it is the same one behind this) regarding an image I posted on a thread recently..........was told the image I submitted was not approved because the person was "Famous".

Call me Pedantic, but I can still find a thousand images of "Famous" persons on the forum.

Will they all subsequently be removed now?

Can we have an across-the-board ruling on posting images from someone?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    as you know i was trying to put up pictures of edwina currie but they was not approved due to the fact & i quote "PICTURES OF CELEBRITIES OR PUBLIC FIGURES CAN NOT BE ADDED IN THE FORUM" i pointed out to the skymod1 that nearly all the pictures on this site are of celebrities or public figures, and highlighted the first bunch of posts as an example,as such they then removed all of them aswell,i think this forum is being run by the PC brigade & we are treated like naughty school children, U T R (up the revolution).
  • edited May 2010
    There have been a few threads dismantled and/or moved overnight. Poor SkyMod1 must have been busier than David Dimbleby last night.

***Image Rejected***
  • edited May 2010
    If we are not allowed to post pictures of famous people how come a Sky employee often runs compititions to post pictures of footballers with say big hair, mustaches etc. Surely we wouldnt be asked to break Forum rules for a prize! Ohh! This is making my Donut hurt! :(
  • edited May 2010
    Are we allowed to post pictures of infamous people?
  • edited May 2010
    How did the comedy look alike thread survive then? Lots of famous people on there.
  • edited May 2010
    if we post pictures of non-famous people on a site that can be seen all around the world, the people then become instantly famous and would have to be removed and so the cycle continues untill there are no more non-famous people left.
  • edited May 2010
    A lot of the "Icons" that we upload would fall by the wayside as well.

Forum Regular "Maxally" and his Tom Cruise look would be an example of this, and under plans for Global Communism he would lose out.

In the meantime here is an image showing a pile of Dog-Cack, freshly-shat by a working class dog just this morning.

****Epic Image FAIL****
  • edited May 2010
    hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dawn French is still there :)

Sybal Fawlty? :)
  • edited May 2010
    im waiting for that photo to get approved,what about mr_miyagi`s icon surely thats a famous person, infact i tried to put a picture of him up on another thread but it got refused for the same reasons, how do you work that one out.
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, i just woke up to all this, didnt realise pics had been deleted in my thread. i will check
  • edited May 2010
    We need some clarification here. I stuck a picture of Ron Burgundy up when emilyegg left us for a short while(to show i was in a glass cage of emotion) and i got the famous person response. A few days after someone put up a picture of Ron Burgundy and the whole channel 4 news team in a different thread and it was allowed to stay. What in blue blazes?
  • edited May 2010
    maybe it just depends which mod is doing the shift
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Comedy in the Shed has left the Building (R.I.P):
    A lot of the "Icons" that we upload would fall by the wayside as well. Forum Regular "Maxally" and his Tom Cruise look would be an example of this, and under plans for Global Communism he would lose out. In the meantime here is an image showing a pile of Dog-Cack, freshly-shat by a working class dog just this morning. ****Epic Image FAIL****
    Posted by emilyegg
    I think you have your wires crossed, that is actually a picture of max
  • edited May 2010
    The mods on here are not very consistent with their refusals, they delete susan boyle, a reality tv star, and keep sheena easton, another reality tv star, i reckon they need further training in what is and isnt acceptable, or at least let us all know in more detail, what can and cant be shown
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Guys,

Seems like there is a bit of confusion with regards to what is being accepted in the Forum nowadays!

Don't worry, we still want comedy in the Shed and want you to enjoy the information in there! With regards to pictures, it is fine for you to add pictures of famous people as part of the discussion. We will, occasionally reject these, however if we do not feel it is appropriate, it may offend other users or it is being used as an advertisement.

If the photos display another website anywhere then we will reject them, so this maybe where the confusion lies!

You CANNOT use a famous person as your avatar, however.

Hope this helps.

Any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or reply to the post.

Thanks.
  • edited May 2010

Annie_Duke did didnt she?

• edited May 2010
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Yeah can think of few people who have celebrities...maybe it's some pictures were from copyright protected websites or those celebrities don't have image rights but others do? I tried to have Dan Harrington as mine but it was rejected...
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Hey leave me out of it smelly

:(
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Comedy in the Shed has left the Building (R.I.P) : Hey leave me out of it smelly :(
    Posted by annie_duke
    If annie duke can't even use her own floppin photo on the fluppin poker forum the the world has gone to pot...ffs!!!

x
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by OMahonyO
    nobody likes a tattle tale!
  • edited May 2010
    just looked through the thread and not only have they deleted the pics but also the posts as well!!!

bah humbug to the mods i say
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Guys, Seems like there is a bit of confusion with regards to what is being accepted in the Forum nowadays! Don't worry, we still want comedy in the Shed and want you to enjoy the information in there! With regards to pictures, it is fine for you to add pictures of famous people as part of the discussion. We will, occasionally reject these, however if we do not feel it is appropriate, it may offend other users or it is being used as an advertisement. If the photos display another website anywhere then we will reject them, so this maybe where the confusion lies! You CANNOT use a famous person as your avatar, however. Hope this helps. Any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or reply to the post. Thanks.
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Thanks for your comments SJ but still none the wiser why some of the images removed were inappropriate or offensive.TBF this is a brilliant forum and you guys do a great job but can't see where your'e coming from on this one.
  • edited May 2010
    as you know i was trying to put up pictures of edwina currie but they was not approved due to the fact & i quote "PICTURES OF CELEBRITIES OR PUBLIC FIGURES CAN NOT BE ADDED IN THE FORUM" i pointed out to the skymod1 that nearly all the pictures on this site are of celebrities or public figures, and highlighted the first bunch of posts as an example,as such they then removed all of them aswell,i think this forum is being run by the PC brigade & we are treated like naughty school children, U T R (up the revolution).
    Posted by lucy4
    Sorry mate but i am laughing so hard i think my teeth are going to literally fall out any minute.
  • edited May 2010
    When removing or rejecting pics or posts could a simple PM not be sent to that member detailing the reasons for this.

It's a constant irk to me on a few forums that I see constant removal of items without so much as a note to the poster giiving reasons why.

Would reduce the need also for posters to start further angry threads.

Geo
  • edited May 2010
    When removing or rejecting pics or posts could a simple PM not be sent to that member detailing the reasons for this. It's a constant irk to me on a few forums that I see constant removal of items without so much as a note to the poster giiving reasons why. Would reduce the need also for posters to start further angry threads. Geo
    Posted by Geosarge
    They do normally PM Geo, but the reason they give is.... at times irrelevant.....Please check your PM for the insane message I received from SkyMod1 this morning. It was proper "Clap Your Hands, Win An Ice Cream" stuff, I am sure you will agree.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Comedy in the Shed has left the Building (R.I.P) : nobody likes a tattle tale!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

which reminds me. mr miyagi is also famous as he was danyo suns trainer, so the mods will have to delete his avatar surely.  we dont want him coming over here from okinawa demanding royalties now do we.  NO SENSAI....
  • edited May 2010
    thats a real photo, taken by my mum.
  • edited May 2010
    thats a real photo, taken by my mum.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    My mummy took mine aswell......but you aint seen me in here, right?

Lets just hope some commensense prevails a little bit on this forum hey.
  • edited May 2010
    Common Sense + SkyMod1...........................

Drum Roll....................................................

EPIC FAIL
  • edited May 2010
    Hey Guys,

Sorry if there has been any confusion about what is and isn't allowed on the forum when it comes to posting pictures.

I'll try and clear a few things up and i'll also add something around photos to the community house rules (found over in the announcements area).

Ok, so what photos/pictures aren't allowed in the forum...

- All the obvious abusive pictures, which i'm sure you don't need me to go into detail with (if you do - just send me a quick PM)

- any pictures containing a minor (someone under the age of 18)

- any copy-righted images (sometimes images contain a logo, web site link or other copy right protection)
    if you've got your image from google they can often be copy-righted without you realising they were)

- a well known/ famous person IF being used as an avatar.

You'll notice i often post pictures of 'famous people' in the forum and this is absolutely fine - if these images are being used for reference in a forum post.

Its also important to note that photo approval isn't always done by the same members of the team. Due to this certain things can be missed or misinterpreted slightly and slip through the net. Please bare with us and we'll get there soon!
    Thanks for your patience guys.

I think pictures really brighten up the place so don't hold back guys.

Rich