You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

stt poker league

ckdckd
edited October 2010 in Community Suggestions

after speaking to a lot of the stt regs it seems that we want the points on the russian roulette games taken away as a league is there to show people who have played well throught the mounth not who can buy the league

alot of us think thought sky will not take the points away as the buyin fees you get from them.

come on sky give us the league back please we all want it other wise its not worth to play it as a lot of people now are just going for the top 150 and not going to go 4 the top 10 as its no point any more

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited May 2010
     i have sent pm to sky rich  sky bernie about this sky rich said he will pass it on and bernie said nothing so at the mo hadno responce from this
  • edited May 2010
    I agree, I'm not in contention for a top 10 league finish, but it seems unfair that the top cash prizes go to players who choose to buy them by sitting at endless RR tables leaving no chance for the regular STT players who play real poker.

RR tables should earn poker points only, no league points IMO.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: stt poker league:
    I agree, I'm not in contention for a top 10 league finish, but it seems unfair that the top cash prizes go to players who choose to buy them by sitting at endless RR tables leaving no chance for the regular STT players who play real poker. RR tables should earn poker points only, no league points IMO.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Totally agree... if sky are so desperate for the rake from RR's then give them there own seperate bit in the league so people playing regular games can really see how well they're doing and are rewarded for it accordingly rather than 'buying' a place in the top 10.
  • ckdckd
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: stt poker league : Totally agree... if sky are so desperate for the rake from RR's then give them there own seperate bit in the league so people playing regular games can really see how well they're doing and are rewarded for it accordingly rather than 'buying' a place in the top 10.
    Posted by BananaDog
    WELL ME AND BANANADOG ARE OFTEN IN THE TOP TEN AND DO NOT FIND IT FAIR HOW RR IS REWARDED
    STILL NO ONE HAS GIVEN US A RESPONCE TO THIS WITCH IS A BIT WRONG AS THIS IS COMING FROM YOUR REGULARS ON HERE
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: stt poker league : WELL ME AND BANANADOG ARE OFTEN IN THE TOP TEN AND DO NOT FIND IT FAIR HOW RR IS REWARDED STILL NO ONE HAS GIVEN US A RESPONCE TO THIS WITCH IS A BIT WRONG AS THIS IS COMING FROM YOUR REGULARS ON HERE
    Posted by ckd
    yeah, I started back here couple of months ago and couldn't believe I got into top 10 last month but have deffo noticed the rr players now...I'm not holding out any hope for this month and am no way gonna compete by wasting my bankroll on rr games just to get back up again!
    Sky..u gonna give us a reply please?

Stay lucky CKD :o)
  • ckdckd
    edited May 2010

whats the point of a sugestions page if no 1 from sky looks at it

this has been up for a while now and still had no responce so what is the point

come on sky at least give us a responce to this
  • edited May 2010
    Hey Ckd,

I believe this issue has been raised before - I'll have a dig and see if i can find the thread (although it was a long time ago and i'm not overly confident)

Having said that - I will still pass this over to the guys for their consideration.

all the best to you

Rich
  • edited May 2010
    uh-oh..that smells like it has been passed over to the 'recycle bin' lol
  • edited August 2010

I thought I would try and (hopefully) resurrect this thread as I wanted to post something exactly along these lines and vaguely recalled reading it previously.

I didn't feel able to comment at the time as I wasn't playing that many STTs so didn't fully understand the situation. However, now I am playing a few STTs and it is clear that there are players just playing loads of Russian Roulette (RR) games to top up their league points score. I think that this is completely unfair as league points (as opposed to poker points, which, of course, they should continue to earn for playing RR games) should, as far as is possible, reflect actual performance in STTs. I do not see how 3 points can be rewarded to the winner of a pure luck game that takes only a few seconds play, this puts everyone who refuses to play them at a disadvantage.

The position as it stands just stands out like a sore thumb to me as something that clearly should be changed, but hasn't been due to the situation not being reviewed properly. If the situation was reviewed properly I am confident that league points for RR games would be scrapped as they appear to be manifestly unfair.

Looking at the situation from Sky's point of view, maybe not enough people are dissatisfied (so, if you are, please add your support on this thread) to make change seem reasonable. However, I think Sky should understand that the problem does only affect a few people who are near the top of the STT league because of it's very nature. However, if you made everyone do a survey on the situation I am sure a vast majority would agree that the current situation is unfair.

Further, if Sky genuinely think that the current system can be justified by looking at their revenue then I would say the following. The rake on RR games (the one's that people tend to be playing to boost their scores) are 10p. (At the moment people pay 10p for an attempt to double their £1 stake and earn 3 league points which means that they are effectively paying 10p for an average expectation of 1.5 league points. By the way, when looked at like this, and considering the games take only seconds to play, it can be seen that the RR players really are 'buying' the league.) Anyway, my point is this, the rake from RRs played to boost league position should be offset by rake lost by players such as myself and others in the top 10 of the league playing less games near the end of the month when it becomes clear they can not compete with the RR players. I know at the end of the month, once I reach my "cash for points" target, how many more DYMs I play will be dictated solely by my prospects of improving my league position.

Finally, if there is an argument that this debate is pointless I do not believe that it is. At the end of the day there are cash prizes awarded to the top 10 places which are not at all insignificant compared to many people's bankrolls including my own. What is the point in awarding nice cash prizes to people who do not fully deserve them?

Anyway, I really hope this thread gets considered by Sky and that change can be brought about. If you support my ideas or have any comments at all please post as it will hopefully increase the chances of it being looked at properly by Sky.

Thanks everyone, apologies for the long post

JC

• edited August 2010
    I totally agree with most of the posts here, RR shouldn't count, you shouldn't get POKER league points for a game of BINGO.
  • edited August 2010
    i agree,the league should show the people who have played  the game,the way it should be.
  • edited August 2010
    The chief 'bingo players' Chillie, Kes and wrongjohn are ruining the stt league.
  • edited August 2010
    I would agree with most of the above comments, although I do not play RR.
    Seems to be an anomaly that should be sorted promptly
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks for the support guys. 18AND5TIME and Mac77 are two of the most regular players on the £11 dyms at the moment and are both there or there abouts at the top of the STT league. If these kinds of players can support this thread I am confident Sky will take note.
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

lol so we are back again

i have no problem with the people who are winning the league as they are just taking the advantage of the messup thats there witch is fair enought

this has been said lots of times before and has just been pushed aside by sky ( and it cant be said its not )

tk and sky rich have both passed this on the the suits who have not had the desence of giving a reply

myself and others on here dont play anywhere what we used to on here as there is no point to it 

there is no reward to the people who play poker in the stt league on here and hasent for a long time now 

but like the last times this has been put up i fear it will find its way to the recyle bin very soon 

i have also noticed that alot of the regs i used to play dont play here anymore   ive seen some of them on other sites and they said the reson they dont play here anymore is cos of the lack of rewards they can get for there money since it all changed

last time there was over 80% of people who visited that said they agree that it is wrong and still no reply so

what can you do

just goes to show i used to get between 3000 and 5000 pp for cash for points    now not over 500 as im sure alot of other regs have droped since it went like this
  • edited August 2010
    I would agree with most of the above comments, although I do not play RR. Seems to be an anomaly that should be sorted promptly
    Posted by wynne1938
    Thanks for the support wynne, another reg at the dym tables.

This is exactly as it appears to me, an anomaly. As I alluded to above I think the only reason it hasn't been changed is because it hasn't been looked at properly by Sky and I agree with you that it should be sorted promptly.
  • edited August 2010
    people are buying their place with roulettes, what a joke! For gods sake why cant there be a roulette league if its so important so that everyone is happy! Do you think really that it is fair to people who are playing properly for points? Whats the point in having a league if it not run fairly?
    There is a reason why it is called roulette and im afraid it doesnt involve any skill!
  • edited August 2010
    yep..just had a look at a few seated players and what do you know...russian roulleting it!
    See there is nothing wrong with playing the games u want but Sky u need to see how unfair this is for the other players!
  • edited August 2010

Thanks ckd, I think you got it bang on when you started this thread which was why I felt it deserved to be brought back up.

I can't comment on what wasn't done previously but I just think that if we can get enough support on this thread then Sky will have to have a look at it for us. 

"i have no problem with the people who are winning the league as they are just taking the advantage of the messup thats there witch is fair enough" - I fully agree with this point. It's the system that is just wrong at the moment, you can't blame the players for taking advantage (as I've put above points can be 'bought' at a rate of 10p per 1.5). I even considered doing it myself as it would probably be worth it to make a large jump in prize money at the top of the STT league. However, I decided against doing it myself as I simply do not believe it is right. RR is not poker (although as I have said I have no problems with the presence of these in itself) and as such I do not believe any league points should be awarded in them.

"myself and others on here dont play anywhere what we used to on here as there is no point to it"  
     "just goes to show i used to get between 3000 and 5000 pp for cash for points    now not over 500 as im sure alot of other regs have droped since it went like this"
    -  This is good because, if Sky do see RRs as a profitable enterprise, then evidence like this can help them to take into account lost revenue caused by this problem which they might not have been able to take into account otherwise.

Keep the support coming guys, change can be brought about.

• edited August 2010

Hey Ckd, I believe this issue has been raised before - I'll have a dig and see if i can find the thread (although it was a long time ago and i'm not overly confident) Having said that - I will still pass this over to the guys for their consideration. all the best to you Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich...do u think they have a response yet..it has been 3 months!
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

i think to be true i think the olny way to change things is to show them how important we are

and the only way to do that is to not play untill its changed but you need people to do that and thats where the problem is

if you had 10 15 people stop playing till theres a proper league then it would change untill then it will stay as it is
  • edited August 2010
    people are buying their place with roulettes, what a joke! For gods sake why cant there be a roulette league if its so important so that everyone is happy! Do you think really that it is fair to people who are playing properly for points? Whats the point in having a league if it not run fairly? There is a reason why it is called roulette and im afraid it doesnt involve any skill!
    Posted by BananaDog
    Thanks for the support nana. Perhaps Sky could consider a league for RR players if they really think they deserve any recognition. I feel that RR players (gamblers - with no offence whatsoever intended by that) wouldn't actually be bothered about having a league anyway. As such i think the solution for Sky is simple, simply get rid of league points in RR games. But, if not, then your suggestion about their own league should be looked at I think.

• edited August 2010
    yep..just had a look at a few seated players and what do you know...russian roulleting it! See there is nothing wrong with playing the games u want but Sky u need to see how unfair this is for the other players!
    Posted by BananaDog
    This is what it's all about it's that simple - it is unfair as it currently works. I for one feel it's unfair and thanks to everyone for the support so far, keep it coming. I really think that, even looking completely objectively, it is pretty obvious that the current system is unfair. This is the real reason I actually do believe we can bring about change here. Sky will not allow an unfair system to continue on it's site so all we need to do is bring it to their attention by supporting it.
  • edited August 2010
     i think to be true i think the olny way to change things is to show them how important we are  and the only way to do that is to not play untill its changed but you need people to do that and thats where the problem is  if you had 10 15 people stop playing till theres a proper league then it would change untill then it will stay as it is
    Posted by ckd
    This could very well be true and it would be very sad if this was the case. Let's just hope Sky will take some action before anything like this had to be considered.
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

ok so i thought id have a little experiment

8.27am

start playing rr

played a total of 30 (26 against the same person)

won 16

total loss £1.00

total points 48 stt league points

time taken 33min

33 min to make 4 times more than winning an £11+ dym     and this is fair is it lol

skill means nothing in the stt just whos got the bankroll to buy the league    

its not a poker league as it is
  • edited August 2010

I'm sure Sky's intention was for the top players to be rewarded in terms of the STT league. The last time i was in the top 10 of the league, RR games didn't exist and the top 10 were a reflection of the top players.
    If i was anywhere near the top 10 and was disadvantaged by the RR players then i would feel very aggrieved.
    No blame on the guys playing the RR games, SKY should look at this and make it right.
    I'm sure the rake Sky make out of JC and the other STT regulars is greater than the RR players.
    I've never played a RR game, as there isn't any skill and i won't have any advantage (many would say i don't anyway lol), but if i was anywhere near the top 10 i might feel i had to, if everyone else was.
    Sky, this looks like an anomaly and needs correcting, imo.

• ckdckd
    edited August 2010

there is nothing against the 1s who play it at all         but its not right to be taking top 5/6 league places up by playing 1000s of theses
  • edited August 2010
    I'm sure Sky's intention was for the top players to be rewarded in terms of the STT league. The last time i was in the top 10 of the league, RR games didn't exist and the top 10 were a reflection of the top players. If i was anywhere near the top 10 and was disadvantaged by the RR players then i would feel very aggrieved. No blame on the guys playing the RR games, SKY should look at this and make it right. I'm sure the rake Sky make out of JC and the other STT regulars is greater than the RR players. I've never played a RR game, as there isn't any skill and i won't have any advantage (many would say i don't anyway lol), but if i was anywhere near the top 10 i might feel i had to, if everyone else was. Sky, this looks like an anomaly and needs correcting, imo.
    Posted by skicowboys
    Great post Ski, I know that you are a very well respected member of Sky Poker having being here a long time so it's great to see the likes of you supporting this. Lets hope Sky are listening...it would be great if anyone from Sky does see this thread if they could leave a comment please and let us know if anything can be done, thanks
  • edited August 2010

Ok, so there's a bit of support building for this now, thanks again to everyone for getting involved.

I thought it just might be worth looking at the practicalities of Sky actually making a change.

Firstly I have just watched the promo for RR games starring Tikay which is available on a famous video site. there is nothing on there about league points so no change needed here whatsoever.

I also looked at the actual text promo on the site which simply reads:
    "This is a Double Your Money heads up game, where both players are automatically all-in with the winner doubling their money." -  So again no change whatsoever needed.

Finally I looked at the league T&Cs and found the following:
    "League points will not be awarded for the following types of gameplay: Freerolls, Satellites, Invitational tournaments; Cash games where less than 3 players are dealt hole cards." - It is my opinion that this could easily be altered to include RR games as well.

With regard to the changes affecting existing RR players, I have hinted above that I cannot imagine there is much of a steady player base for these pure luck games. However, I think that such player base as there is could easily be notified of the change by a simple mail merge.

If the above is correct (and I of course stand to be corrected by those in the know at Sky) and there is a demand for change, then surely it can go ahead?

• ckdckd
    edited August 2010

palyed 14 won 8 rr games

24 points in 10 min and a £1 profit im just buying my cash for points spot and maybe even a top ten finish

not bad im buying my way to things that are there for to reflexed good play throught the month and sky cant see a problem with this lol

nice to see the reply from sky on this espesally since its in the communtity suggestions page