You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

stt poker league

2»

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited August 2010
    39CHILLIE5   3547  123564 
    52kes990   2730  158    2888 
    70JohnConnor0   2391  02391
    71Summerjade0   2373  02373 
    1031212850   1918  01918
    12818AND5TIME52   1500  961648
    177wrongjohn128   1372    01400 
    190Fun_Girl0   1304  01304 
    113Mac770   1212      6051817 
    217tony147570   1210         01210 
    200ckd12   1196591267 
    196Rouselle0   11051721277 
    191DjDazzy14   10762091299 
    268blankcheck15   103361054
    243BLADES84968   956911115
    127SHANXTA50   9556631668
    78kirstii55   91412752244
    320Rumpy4   89729930
    ok ive just played 100 rr games took me 4 hours with breaks
    i won 53 of them had a loss of £4 but made 159 points  im now in a good possiton to go past tony and mac77 2 get a 10th place so by playing these games of luck ive got a good chance of take a bonus that is there for good play away from people that have played well...... come on how is this fair ......... i see there is still no reply from sky .........
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the discussion on this topic. Sorry these hasn't been much of a response so far. I'm going to send this thread to the new 'Mr Suggestions' aka Sky Jordan. He's a top bloke and going forward will be the man to take all your great suggestions to.

Let's put this to Jordan to get him underway and hopefully he'll be able to take things up and update you with some progress.

Cheers.
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

ty rich

this is a bit unfair for those that do play proper poker and hope it can go back to a proper league

( any chance of a rebate of my £4 for the rr test ) lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: stt poker league:
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all the discussion on this topic. Sorry these hasn't been much of a response so far. I'm going to send this thread to the new 'Mr Suggestions' aka Sky Jordan. He's a top bloke and going forward will be the man to take all your great suggestions to. Let's put this to Jordan to get him underway and hopefully he'll be able to take things up and update you with some progress. Cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks for the response Rich. Will look forward to hearing from Jordan and hopefully it will be agreed that a change can be made.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Guys,

The league points are distributed upon buy-in for all our STT tournaments, which includes the Russian Roulette tournaments. This means that playing in a tournament such as this will gaive you more league points. I understand these tournaments are only very short so you can play in more and more to improve your league standing, however the buy-in is the same as most other STT tournaments and therefore will remain as part of the league points structure.

As per the terms and conditions:

Single Table Tournament Points (STT's) are awarded based on the buy-in, finishing position and no. of entrants

Single-Table tournaments relates to all Sit & Go tables, which in some cases will be made up of multiple tables. E.G. a 3 tabled 18 seat scary Sit & Go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jordan

PS I will be creating a new section in the coming weeks for future suggestions so keep a look out for that!

• ckdckd
    edited August 2010
    Hi Guys, The league points are distributed upon buy-in for all our STT tournaments, which includes the Russian Roulette tournaments. This means that playing in a tournament such as this will gaive you more league points. I understand these tournaments are only very short so you can play in more and more to improve your league standing, however the buy-in is the same as most other STT tournaments and therefore will remain as part of the league points structure. As per the terms and conditions: Single Table Tournament Points (STT's) are awarded based on the buy-in, finishing position and no. of entrants Single-Table tournaments relates to all Sit & Go tables, which in some cases will be made up of multiple tables. E.G. a 3 tabled 18 seat scary Sit & Go. Hope this helps. Cheers, Jordan PS I will be creating a new section in the coming weeks for future suggestions so keep a look out for that!
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    yes but a league is there to reward people who show a good run of play..... rr games have no skill involed at all so dont see y there are any league point on them

as it is at the moment its who can buy the league which is not a league and shows no refextion on who has played well which in my understanding is what a league is

many people agree with this many of the regs say there is a major prob with the way it is

is this going to change
    or is the rack from the games to much to pass up on as theres no point in trying to get anywhere if it does stay as is cheers
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Guys, The league points are distributed upon buy-in for all our STT tournaments, which includes the Russian Roulette tournaments. This means that playing in a tournament such as this will gaive you more league points. I understand these tournaments are only very short so you can play in more and more to improve your league standing, however the buy-in is the same as most other STT tournaments and therefore will remain as part of the league points structure. As per the terms and conditions: Single Table Tournament Points (STT's) are awarded based on the buy-in, finishing position and no. of entrants Single-Table tournaments relates to all Sit & Go tables, which in some cases will be made up of multiple tables. E.G. a 3 tabled 18 seat scary Sit & Go. Hope this helps. Cheers, Jordan PS I will be creating a new section in the coming weeks for future suggestions so keep a look out for that!
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Thanks for the reply Jordan.

I understand that league points are awarded according to buy-in, finishing position and no. of entrants but things don't have to be so rigid do they? I had hoped that rather than just applying the rules as they were originally drawn up, it might have been possible to have a complete rethink according to the principles underlying the league in the first place (presumably, to award good play not pure luck).

I still maintain that the situation as it is is unfair and am disappointed to learn that Sky, having being made aware of this, is happy for it to continue that way and has no desire to make the system fairer.

Having said that, if that's the way it's going to stay then that's the way it's going to stay at the end of the day there's nothing else we can do is there? Thanks once again for your reply and for taking the time to read this thread. 

JC
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Thanks for the reply Jordan but i along with many of my other STT players am very unhappy with this decision, it is making the league a crapshoot as oppossed to rewarding ability, i really enjoy the way this site is set up but feel i may have to move to another site i know which has a better ranking format if things continue in this vein and believe that many other STT players feel the same.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi John/Ckd,

Thanks for your replies guys, hope I cleared a bit up for you.

I appreciate your concerns and I can assure you your suggestions have been considered by the managers here.

I have once again raised it with them and forwarded your comments. The immediate reaction is to remain as it is, purely due to the amount of people playing them and the business this generates.

In all honesty, the top finishers in the monthly leagues are not there becasue they enter/win Russian Roulette tournaments, they are normally the players winning the MTT tournaments.

Again, this doesn't really help you at this time but I want you to know that we are looking into this and if anything changes, I will be in touch to you both directly.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: stt poker league : Thanks for the reply Jordan but i along with many of my other STT players am very unhappy with this decision, it is making the league a crapshoot as oppossed to rewarding ability, i really enjoy the way this site is set up but feel i may have to move to another site i know which has a better ranking format if things continue in this vein and believe that many other STT players feel the same.
    Posted by kirstii
    totaly agree the league was what made the stt side worth playing for the competition however now theres no point  to it and might be worth looking elsewhere
  • edited August 2010
    Hi ckd

Question for you.

How long is your experiment lasting, only you seemed to have proved your point and have stated the league is'nt worth playing in but we have just played five rr games back to back.

The fact you are now 8th in the stt table and can see an easy £25 coming your way has'nt turned you to the dark side.....eh???
  • edited August 2010
    what a joke looks like i mite hav to bye in to some of these mickey mouse game to stay in the top 10