You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tories in.....

edited May 2010 in The Shed
Me and the other half got 2 kids and both work, can someone with a bit more knowledge than me tell me what this means for me please?   

Comments

• edited May 2010
    It means you are f***** Pottsy....just like us and our 3 kids.

Labour have thrown the towel in on PURPOSE (imo) in regards to forming a coalition with the Lib***ls, In the hope that the next 4 years will be HELL.....take 1 step backwards to take 17 forward.

It makes no sense that the Lib***ls 10k tax threshold is expected to be taken on board by the Tories at a cost of BILLIONS.

Who the **** is going to pay for that?????
  • edited May 2010
    b0110x.. I was hoping someone would tell me i'd be minted, lol
    <opens another can />
  • edited May 2010

I dnt understand anything.....coz when i wach they talk in riddles to me.

Can anyone spell out, using practical examples, how this is gonna effect everyday life?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tories in.....:
    b0110x.. I was hoping someone would tell me i'd be minted, lol <opens another can />
    Posted by POTTSY82
    lol £6 billion of spending cuts to be implemented immediately......difficult times ahead.....the lib***ls 10k tax threshold......inheritence tax threshold up to £1million......

FROM TWO PARTIES WHO HAVE SUCH DIFFERENT IDEALS AND POLICIES. (Europe and Immigration for a start)

Nick Clegg - Deputy PM.... OR Judas of the Liberal Democrats?

The average working man/woman..........in this country (solve the anagram) "ufkcde"
  • edited May 2010
    I dnt understand anything.....coz when i wach they talk in riddles to me. Can anyone spell out, using practical examples, how this is gonna effect everyday life?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Any Good tips for the 20/20 by the way Dohhhhhhh m8.
  • edited May 2010
    Buy the orange one
  • edited May 2010
    tories are gonna tax online poker winnings
  • edited May 2010
    Youi'll be raped and pillaged.  Unless you are in he top 5% super rich.
  • edited May 2010
    Sorry to disagree emily but today is the day that this lying, corrupt, backstabbing and clueless government have finally been given the boot.

It is the happiest day i have had for years. Labour ignored the majority and gave the minority far too much. They sold us out to Europe and gave our money and rights away. They sold our gold for nothing. They gave the power to criminals and thugs. They broke up the UK. They naffed off the police, teachers and law abiding victims crime. They have lost control of immigration and made the Muslims want to blow us up due to an illegal war where our young soldiers are dying to please the Americans. They have presided over the biggest economic disaster in living memory after taxing businesses and all of us to absolute death. They have introduced hundreds and hundreds of pathetic laws and they spy and intrude far too much in our lives. Brown was not elected by the people.

Perhaps the Tories might not do well at first due to the shambolic state of society, the economy and crime that they have inherited, but i hope in all hopes that they start to give power back to those who deserve it. Labour respected no-one and treat the people of this nation with breathtaking contempt.

I am over the moon that labour have gone. GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE FREELOADING LYERS.
  • edited May 2010

R u serious about poker being taxed????

I dnt no owt about it, but surellllyyyyy this wud cost the gambling industry millions?
  • edited May 2010
    don't think they are taxing gambling.

But you never know, the tories don't even know what they are doing.

• edited May 2010
    10 years of misery coming up whoevers in govt...... we're all doomed !
        Just use the beer, your footie team and this site as a comfort blanket and don't raise your head until its over.
       GL to you all 
          PS enjoy the revelation that is the mighty Englands 20/20 cricket team and pray that we get to spank the Aussies in the final  
  • edited May 2010
    R u serious about poker being taxed???? I dnt no owt about it, but surellllyyyyy this wud cost the gambling industry millions?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    withdraw your roll within 50 days, their will be a budget within 50 days and if tax on gambling is brought back in then i can only asume that when you make a withdraw from your account pos 10% will be taken.  it might not happen but just in case i am leaving the bare min in my account from now on.
    if they do put a tax on gambling then it could be the end of online poker 5% rake and pos 10% tax, who has a 15% edge on their opponent, not me thats for sure.
    anyone know if family tax credits will be effected?
  • edited May 2010
    It appears that you lot would much rather have another 5 years of a total meglomaniac who has never been elected to the position he held until yesterday. Do you really need to see more of recession because the Labour government, first under Tony B. Liar and then the Cowdenbeath Clunker lied to the whole country, and treat anybody who disagreed with their ideologies as a fool, a bigot, or a racist? I was a Labour voter in the past and i think Maggie did more harm to this country than anybody, but "New Labour" was not the answer, it just took 13 years to find that out. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ IN THE DAILY MIRROR (it may have been made up)
  • edited May 2010
    the cracks in this coalition government will appear within weeks......
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not happy about a coalition but what exactly do you think the Labour party would have doen for the working man that won't happen now? the cuts were still gonig to come from Labour only they were going to delay until next year in order to pay more bankers bonuses.

What does it mean for the average 2.4 kid family???/ nothing different really only you may have a hope that business will be able to employ people now there isn't going to be a NI hike for them.

By the way how much tax do you think those earning £10k should be paying Emily???

I hope that promises are carried through and those able to work but would rather claim are put to work or put in the poor house because there is no way that a ton of people currently on the dole couldn't be working.

Labour had lost 100 seats, meaning mass loss of the public support, they couldn't form a coalition with Lib Dems because they still would not command a majority do you honestly think that a rainbow coalition between at least 4 parties including Labour would work better???

We have the best outcome we could get once the country voted the parliment hung - more people voted for Cameron so it's right that he take up the PM position. Labour could not sit another term with a PM the country didn't elect now could they?
  • edited May 2010

good luck to them.......its the experts that say the sums don't add up........

• edited May 2010
    I'm not happy about a coalition but what exactly do you think the Labour party would have doen for the working man that won't happen now? the cuts were still gonig to come from Labour only they were going to delay until next year in order to pay more bankers bonuses. What does it mean for the average 2.4 kid family???/ nothing different really only you may have a hope that business will be able to employ people now there isn't going to be a NI hike for them. By the way how much tax do you think those earning £10k should be paying Emily??? I hope that promises are carried through and those able to work but would rather claim are put to work or put in the poor house because there is no way that a ton of people currently on the dole couldn't be working. Labour had lost 100 seats, meaning mass loss of the public support, they couldn't form a coalition with Lib Dems because they still would not command a majority do you honestly think that a rainbow coalition between at least 4 parties including Labour would work better??? We have the best outcome we could get once the country voted the parliment hung - more people voted for Cameron so it's right that he take up the PM position. Labour could not sit another term with a PM the country didn't elect now could they?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Irrelevant...you need to FULLY READ my previous post.....if all of these policies are implemented before or at the next budget, How is it paid for?, thats all I was saying. Really surprised to get an aggro comment from yourself mind......
  • edited May 2010
    good luck to them.......its the experts that say the sums don't add up........
    Posted by emilyegg
    To be fair each side has it's own experts which are shooting down the ideas and figures of the other. This is NOT an ideal situation and i wouldn't claim it to be but the fact is that any government taking power now has the worst situation to go into. Every Government would have to slash public spending and any party would have to hike tax at some point (it's better to tax in other areas IMO than on NI which makes it more expensive to employ people thus less likely that new jobs will be created)

It's a C R A P situation and i'm not exactly a Tory fan but i think Labours time was done, a loss of faith means they could not take power, The lib dems didn't get enough seats and they wanted the country not to have a Nuclear deterrent or Nuclear power. I prefer a government with Vince Cable advising the treasury to one that is TORY only lol 
  • edited May 2010

Many of the Liberal voters I know feel let down by their leader and think that he has sold them down the river in exchange for a top job in a "Tory" cabinet. Of  course cuts are going to happen regardless of who is in power, I just believe this coalition will end in tears.......

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tories in..... : Irrelevant...you need to FULLY READ my previous post.....if all of these policies are implemented before or at the next budget, How is it paid for?, thats all I was saying. Really surprised to get an aggro comment from yourself mind......
    Posted by emilyegg
    Not meaning to be aggro please don't take my comments that way - frustration seems to boil over when i see defence of a government that led us to Iraq, Left banks to play with our ecconomy, and then nationalised the banks and paid them a fat bonus for their good work lol

How will the tax bracket shift be paid for? the theory is it will come from the £6bil savings on public spending and tax rises in other pay brackets (which would have come if this policy went through or not). Savings like the scrapping of the FSA which can't be a bad thing
  • edited May 2010
    Was NOT defending the Labour government in ANY way at all......just going to be interesting to see what happens.

And on the Liberals 10k tax threshold plan....all the INDEPENDENT experts believe the true cost of this will be around £16 Billion.
  • edited May 2010
    The way i see it is roughly 30 million people voted in the election, 10.6 million voted cons, 8.6 million voted lab, 6.8 million voted lib & 3.5 million voted others. so whoever is running the country there is an awful lot of people who dont want them to be running it & whoever it is the majority of us aint gonna be no better off either way.
  • edited May 2010
    Was NOT defending the Labour government in ANY way at all......just going to be interesting to see what happens. And on the Liberals 10k tax threshold plan....all the INDEPENDENT experts believe the true figure of this will be around £16 Billion.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Fair enough - And like the rest of the world we wait with baited breath lol

This is a case of best out of a bad situation i'm affraid

As i previously said no aggro intended Emilyegg :)
  • edited May 2010
    The way i see it is roughly 30 million people voted in the election, 10.6 million voted cons, 8.6 million voted lab, 6.8 million voted lib & 3.5 million voted others. so whoever is running the country there is an awful lot of people who dont want them to be running it & whoever it is the majority of us aint gonna be no better off either way.
    Posted by lucy4
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off Foxhunting now. Tally-Ho
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tories in..... : withdraw your roll within 50 days, their will be a budget within 50 days and if tax on gambling is brought back in then i can only asume that when you make a withdraw from your account pos 10% will be taken.  it might not happen but just in case i am leaving the bare min in my account from now on. if they do put a tax on gambling then it could be the end of online poker 5% rake and pos 10% tax, who has a 15% edge on their opponent, not me thats for sure. anyone know if family tax credits will be effected?
    Posted by freechips1
    I'm gutted reading this......

If this happens, for the whole thing to survive, surely sites are gonna have to meet us half way? The bonuses r gonna have to double and the rake decrease..... Its just not gonna be able to go on if things dont change.....

I wanna cry, I know nothing about politics, I didnt even know this was a possibility!!! aghhhh

Guess I best get in my account and withdraw!!! :(
  • edited May 2010
    it could happen dohh, befor labour came to power their was tax on betting but this was befor online gaming.
    if a tax was brought in i have no idea how it would work, it could be when you withdraw or it could be on each hand, if it was a 8% tax then it could be paying 13% for every pot played (8% tax and 5% rake).
    if any sort of tax is put in place i will not be playing online poker.
    i cant see how it would work as most gaming sites r outside the UK
  • edited May 2010
    I haven't seen a Gambling Tax mentioned by any of the parties? there was one years ago on stakes or winnings (can't remeber which way round) but that hasn't applied for a very long time

Where are people getting the re-introduction of this from?
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by lucy4
    Even Majority wins operate this way. Last general election Labour held 55% of seats but only got 36% of the votes. That same year Torries Got 30% of seats from 33% of the votes. Only a 3% difference in the amount of people that voted but 25% of Parliment seats difference

Torries this time got 36.% approx of the vote so it's not like there is a larger amount of people to be upset this time. The last Majority Government won by the same vote percentage
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tories in..... : Even Majority wins operate this way. Last general election Labour held 55% of seats but only got 36% of the votes. That same year Torries Got 30% of seats from 33% of the votes. Only a 3% difference in the amount of people that voted but 25% of Parliment seats difference Torries this time got 36.% approx of the vote so it's not like there is a larger amount of people to be upset this time. The last Majority Government won by the same vote percentage
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    well perhaps it`s time to change the system then, the top two polling parties head to head then at least they will be in by people who actually voted for them, not like it is now ,who is to say that the people who voted lib want to be in collusion with the cons.