You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why do you play poker?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    nice legs fallen!!!! back to the question. coz im an adreniline junkieeee. ( who cant spell)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why do you play poker?:
    nice legs fallen!!!! back to the question. coz im an adreniline junkieeee. ( who cant spell)
    Posted by pod1
    +1 on the legs
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by pod1
    Ty pod

Trust me there even better in real :)

I just love the game
  • edited May 2010
    to launder money
  • edited May 2010
    i play for the bad beats :)
  • edited May 2010
    For money.  Most of the time I don't enjoy it.  I find myself having to force myself to play.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1
  • edited May 2010
    I play mainly because i think im phisically addicted to the game! ;) i play purely as a hobby/fun and just about make a small profit. for me the most addictive thing about poker is when you have a big hand in a big pot and you go all in and the buzz/raised heart beat you get from it cant be matched by most everyday things!! oh and the great banter you get in the chat box!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Love this post, it is so me. n1
  • edited May 2010
    to launder money
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    lol

I play because I love the mental challenge.
    I play because there's a possibility (rarely acheived personally) that I might make money.
    I play because I like to gamble and it's the only way to gamble and have only yourself to laud/condone.
    I play because my dream is to be a professional player.
    I play because the most interesting of human beings are to be found at the poker table.
    I play because every game's an adventure.
    I play because of the excitement.
    I play because I know one day Giddens will one day laud my play live on tv.
    I play because of the possibility I'll knock TK or Orford out of a game.

There's a million more reasons.

Hell, I can't think of a reason not to play! Why doesn't everyone??!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why do you play poker? : +1 on the legs
    Posted by dav1964
    A man with good taste :)

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why do you play poker? : A man with good taste :)
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Very good taste xxx
  • edited May 2010
    oh god here we go, did you eat rickyvilla
  • edited May 2010
    I play Poker because it perfectly mirrors life, and I enjoy life.

Poker is imperfect, but that's great, because there's something compelling about chasing a dream – something unobtainable: None of us could ever play perfect Poker... and that's a difficult challenge to ignore. 

It's a relentless but ultimately fruitless search for perfection. Don't we all do that on a daily basis?

I play Poker because it's wholly reliant on people, and despite what politicians and teachers would try to tell you, it's 'people' that make the world rotate (well, that and the moon... and gravity, like). 

I play for The Craic, for the banter, for the risk, for the quickening of the pulse, for the feeling of being alive, for the sense of temporary abandonment, and for the small sense of escape into a friendly world of compassionate addiction.

Poker is an ideal, that conforms to that well-worn epithet, that it takes 'minutes to learn but a lifetime to master'. In life, you have to be able to tell a story; you have to sell yourself. Sometimes, you have to bend the truth, even if it offends your moral compass. Poker is no different... you have to embellish, cajole, use position, duck and dive. 

Poker is the last true bastion of selfishness and capitalism personified, and as we get older, that too is a rare commodity; in Poker, it's perfectly acceptable to be blatantly self obsessed, self serving and goal oriented. In a politically correct world gone mad, that too, has it's plus points.

Poker is a little raw, seedy and edgy too, and that's also alluring. 

Poker rewards effort and patience. The skill comes at a huge price, but is worth the wait.

Now, if you're asking why I play online Poker, well that's different: I'm actually a 55 year old fat woman on a housing estate in Chatham and I have no real friends.

If any of you see a tabby cat that answers to the name of Keith, could you please email me as I've run out of credit on Pay-As-You-Go?

• edited May 2010
    That's a wonderful post.
  • edited May 2010
    I play poker becuase i one day want to become a pro player

i play poker because i want to win money to remap my car and add a sick music system :P

I play poker because i love the thrill of the game.

i play poker because its a crazy unpredictable game.
  • edited May 2010
    The more you play by volume the more your enjoyment for the game diminishes. 
  • edited May 2010
    oh god here we go, did you eat rickyvilla
    Posted by OMahonyO

lololol r u talking 2 me huni?

If so he was just 2 much of a man 4 me:)
  • edited May 2010
    I'm a charitable person and people won't talk to me in real life so i pretend to myself that i have some friends online coz i'm that sad !
  • edited May 2010
    I play Poker because it perfectly mirrors life, and I enjoy life. Poker is imperfect, but that's great, because there's something compelling about chasing a dream – something unobtainable: None of us could ever play perfect Poker... and that's a difficult challenge to ignore.  It's a relentless but ultimately fruitless search for perfection. Don't we all do that on a daily basis? I play Poker because it's wholly reliant on people, and despite what politicians and teachers would try to tell you, it's 'people' that make the world rotate (well, that and the moon... and gravity, like).  I play for The Craic, for the banter, for the risk, for the quickening of the pulse, for the feeling of being alive, for the sense of temporary abandonment, and for the small sense of escape into a friendly world of compassionate addiction. Poker is an ideal, that conforms to that well-worn epithet, that it takes 'minutes to learn but a lifetime to master'. In life, you have to be able to tell a story; you have to sell yourself. Sometimes, you have to bend the truth, even if it offends your moral compass. Poker is no different... you have to embellish, cajole, use position, duck and dive.  Poker is the last true bastion of selfishness and capitalism personified, and as we get older, that too is a rare commodity; in Poker, it's perfectly acceptable to be blatantly self obsessed, self serving and goal oriented. In a politically correct world gone mad, that too, has it's plus points. Poker is a little raw, seedy and edgy too, and that's also alluring.  Poker rewards effort and patience. The skill comes at a huge price, but is worth the wait. Now, if you're asking why I play online Poker, well that's different: I'm actually a 55 year old fat woman on a housing estate in Chatham and I have no real friends. If any of you see a tabby cat that answers to the name of Keith, could you please email me as I've run out of credit on Pay-As-You-Go?
    Posted by FlutNush
    Flutnush..absolute perfection! love your response hunni xxxx :)
  • edited May 2010

I play poker because i love it!
    I play online poker because i love my online buddies xxxxx
  • edited May 2010
    to ruin peoples lives