You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

beaneh - In response to your response..

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
We all know that naughty words cannot be employed within the forum.

That said, your response was excellent in the fact that it was well constructed, factual and did'nt stray from the original poster subject so not sure why the thread was closed.

I future i would type it up in word, then paste in to the thread. Just in case there's any problems.

regards

Paul

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to beaneh - In response to your response..:
    We all know that naughty words cannot be employed within the forum. That said, your response was excellent in the fact that it was well constructed, factual and did'nt stray from the original poster subject so not sure why the thread was closed. I future i would type it up in word, then paste in to the thread. Just in case there's any problems. regards Paul
    Posted by -Typhoon-

haha thanks. I have a potty mouth and sky rich has to keep me under control. Having said that i'm sure he would have liked to just delete my naughty drivel and kept the bulk of the post, but as he has just explained to me in pm with the way the boards work he only has the power to delete posts not edit them. So there was nothing he could really have done. 

Thanks though :-) (and yes i'd thought about backing up my posts when I saw it was gone, was quite a long post lol ! grrr)
  • edited May 2010
    how about re posting what you said without the rude word/s???

i want to know what you said now....................................
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response..:
    how about re posting what you said without the rude word/s??? i want to know what you said now....................................
    Posted by donkeyplop

It was quite a long post. It was in response to Remys' serious complaint thread.
  • edited May 2010
    i did see remys thread!!

was your response something like if you dont like the rake back on sky go somewhere else??? ;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to beaneh - In response to your response.. : haha thanks. I have a potty mouth and sky rich has to keep me under control. Having said that i'm sure he would have liked to just delete my naughty drivel and kept the bulk of the post, but as he has just explained to me in pm with the way the boards work he only has the power to delete posts not edit them. So there was nothing he could really have done.  Thanks though :-) (and yes i'd thought about backing up my posts when I saw it was gone, was quite a long post lol ! grrr)
    Posted by beaneh
    No probs mate, keep up the good work.
  • edited May 2010
    i did see remys thread!! was your response something like if you dont like the rake back on sky go somewhere else??? ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop

Meh sort of, but a lot longer, and well worded. 

Great use of vocabulary, some of my descriptions were so vivid you felt like you were there!

:p
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Meh sort of, but a lot longer, and well worded.  Great use of vocabulary, some of my descriptions were so vivid you felt like you were there! :p
    Posted by beaneh
    Lol i think someone is over selling it now :p 

Na on serious not was a good response shame to lose a good post because of one word.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Lol i think someone is over selling it now :p  Na on serious not was a good response shame to lose a good post because of one word.
    Posted by robc

oi you; if people cant read it now I want to describe it's epicness as rivaling the bayeux tapestry or the bible obv.

:-P
  • edited May 2010
    Sigh ! well if you're not gonna repeat the post at least tell us the bloomin word :~)
  • edited May 2010
    Sigh ! well if you're not gonna repeat the post at least tell us the bloomin word :~)
    Posted by -TARAS-

it was naughty and i've had my mouth washed out with soap.

swearing and drugs are bad mmmkay kids
  • edited May 2010
    how about re posting what you said without the rude word/s??? i want to know what you said now....................................
    Posted by donkeyplop

I'll try and remember the gist of what I wrote.

1) That is your problem
    2) That is your opinion. Through all the dealings I have had with Sky the support has been excellent easy to contact and quick to respond (even on days of high volume). Pls let us know how long FTP take to respond to an email i'm sure they're well under an hour and very helpful...... NOT

3) Sky intend to keep people loyal by being a large company you can trust, who you feel confident leaving money in an account with, who you trust that they have the correct software checks and accreditations. Sky has a market aimed at UK players with a premium on being able to watch what you play on tv be it through tournies or cash. The television aspect of sky is what stops them from being able to offer really well structured tournaments, they just do not have the time. This is something everyone has known and for you to have played on here for a few years and only just say something, and especially to complain about cash for points when it hasn't been implemented all that long is just silly.

4) is just rude. The people who work for the site don't need to know the rules, they need to understand the business model, understand the values the customer wants and be knowledgeable and capable of implementing whatever is decided upon.  They also have to be able to answer pointless and moronic forum posts......

Final thing: This post is intended to only criticize SKY. If anybody does not agree and feels I am wrong, please don't feel intended to defend SKY and do not bother to oppose my opinion. 

I mentioned that you'd used the incorrect word after feel but w/e this is a re-write. Main thing I said about this was what got my message deleted in the first place. What i've highlighted of yours is ridiculous and I really want to write another swear word because that is just such an unbelievably dumb thing to write.

• edited May 2010
    Nice post.
    Thanks for taking the effort to post again.
  • edited May 2010

The OP said that Sky Poker "should employ at least one person who knows something about poker".

I was hurting, honest, I was.
  • edited May 2010
    Why do I have to miss that thread? WHY?
  • edited May 2010
    Nice post. Thanks for taking the effort to post again.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I think my first one was a bit longer, there was a bit more highlighting and bolding and it was a bit more biatchy :p But that is the gist of what I wrote before.
  • edited May 2010
    Why do I have to miss that thread? WHY?
    Posted by Cowgomoo

cos you're busy off game selecting and hunting bottoms obv :p
  • edited May 2010
    The OP said that Sky Poker "should employ at least one person who knows something about poker". I was hurting, honest, I was.
    Posted by Tikay10

Ahh, but Sky DO employ someone who knows about poker.....

ORFORD!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    selevIn Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response..:
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : cos you're busy off game selecting and hunting bottoms obv :p
    Posted by beaneh
    I haven't played today, but extreme game selection FTW!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Ahh, but Sky DO employ someone who knows about poker..... ORFORD!!!!!!!
    Posted by KnackersYa
    I'm hurting even more now.
  • edited May 2010
    TY beaneh, clear, concise, well structured and also rather moving, a nice retort sir.Still like to know what the word was, can't you whisper it ?  
  • edited May 2010
    TY beaneh, clear, concise, well structured and also rather moving, a nice retort sir.Still like to know what the word was, can't you whisper it ?   
    Posted by -TARAS-

Lets play hang man!!!11

_ _ _ _ 

Begins with T ends in T and has a W and an A in it not necessarily in that order.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Lets play hang man!!!11 _ _ _ _  Begins with T ends in T and has a W and an A in it not necessarily in that order.
    Posted by beaneh
    Wash your mouth out sir!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Wash your mouth out sir!!!!
    Posted by KnackersYa

I aint said nufink. INNIT GUV
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Lets play hang man!!!11 _ _ _ _  Begins with T ends in T and has a W and an A in it not necessarily in that order.
    Posted by beaneh
    Know where you're coming from, nuff said.Seems a bit harsh from the mods though, i'm sure ive heard worse on kids programmes
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Know where you're coming from, nuff said.Seems a bit harsh from the mods though, i'm sure ive heard worse on kids programmes
    Posted by -TARAS-

It's still a swear word which is against this sites terms and conditions. They choose to have a quite stringent policy on naughty-ness and that is their perogative.
  • edited May 2010
    The OP said that Sky Poker "should employ at least one person who knows something about poker". I was hurting, honest, I was.
    Posted by Tikay10

It's OK - it may take some time but Mr. Orford will get over it eventually.
    I know that you are close.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : It's still a swear word which is against this sites terms and conditions. They choose to have a quite stringent policy on naughty-ness and that is their perogative.
    Posted by beaneh
    Lol, yeah i know its their game and their ball etc and i'm happy with that but tbh i didn't even know that was a swear word
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: beaneh - In response to your response.. : Lol, yeah i know its their game and their ball etc and i'm happy with that but tbh i didn't even know that was a swear word
    Posted by -TARAS-

haha I know totally, my parents are very against swearing etc but I can say t**t around them because they don't know it's rude lol!
  • edited May 2010

Is it.........

TAWT?

• edited May 2010
    Is it......... TAWT?
    Posted by dantb10

dude i'm so conflicted. there are times when im just like yeh I like your avatar, then I look closer and I don't like it..... hmmm

and yeah you're right.

Best thing is I looked at what you typed and it took 3 read throughs (3rd backwards) for me to have a clue what you were saying :P