You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hello, Hi-Lo!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

If you are not familiar with Omaha Hi-Lo, a range of "How to Play Hi-Lo" Editorials will be going up across the Site in the next few days.

I will put up Links to them on this thread when they appear.

Also, if you have ANY questions about Hi0Lo, feel fre to pitch them on this thread, & I'm sure I & others will do our best to reply.

Comments

• edited May 2010

Hi-Lo has ARRIVED at Sky Poker.

It has gone live this afternoon, which I'm thrilled to see.

At the moment, it will be a restricted schedule ONLY, to allow it to settle down, & players to get used to the functionality, & to get feedback from you guys as to what Tourneys & Cash Games you want to see in Hi0-Lo Omaha.

For NOW, a schedule of Hi-Lo MTT's will go live early this evening, Hourly I think, restricted to £1, £3, £5, & £10 MTT's. (All with 10% Reg Fee), as well as a range of Hi-Lo Cash tables.

These will run unchanged over the weekend, & will be reviewed based upon your feedback, & then a full schedule will be introduced later next week.

So, tell us what you want, or forever hold your peace. ;)

• edited May 2010
    Is there a how to play hi-lo on here yet?
    Edit answer appeared above as writing.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Hello, Hi-Lo!:
    Is there a how to play hi-lo on here yet? Edit answer appeared above as writing.
    Posted by belsibub
    Sure is!

See THIS
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010

An INTRODUCTION to Hi-Lo is HERE
  • edited May 2010

Hi-Lo preferred starting hands are HERE
  • edited May 2010

Hi-Lo pre-flop play is HERE
  • edited May 2010

Hi-Lo post-flop play is HERE
  • edited May 2010

And Hi-Lo advanced concepts are HERE
  • edited May 2010

There you go belsibub, that do you?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Hello, Hi-Lo!:
    Hi-Lo has ARRIVED at Sky Poker. It has gone live this afternoon, which I'm thrilled to see. At the moment, it will be a restricted schedule ONLY, to allow it to settle down, & players to get used to the functionality, & to get feedback from you guys as to what Tourneys & Cash Games you want to see in Hi0-Lo Omaha. For NOW, a schedule of Hi-Lo MTT's will go live early this evening, Hourly I think, restricted to £1, £3, £5, & £10 MTT's. (All with 10% Reg Fee), as well as a range of Hi-Lo Cash tables. These will run unchanged over the weekend, & will be reviewed based upon your feedback, & then a full schedule will be introduced later next week. So, tell us what you want, or forever hold your peace. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    well done sky, now i can get my complete omaha fix.......no more party poker for me now ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Is the pot divided 50-50 hi-lo?
  • edited May 2010
    Is the pot divided 50-50 hi-lo?
    Posted by belsibub
    Yes - but ONLY if there is a qualifying low hand! If not, it ALL goes to the high hand.

And remember, if the flop comes all high (3 cards 9 or above), there CANNOT be a Low hand.

The Board MUST contain THREE Low Cards (eight or less) for a Low hand to be possible, & you can ONLY use two Low cards from your hand.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Hello, Hi-Lo! : well done sky, now i can get my complete omaha fix.......no more party poker for me now ;)
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    N1 Burnsy, no excuses now!

See you on the Tables later on, I expect.
  • edited May 2010

Handy hint.

Go to OPTIONS, & enable "SHOW HAND DESCRIPTIONS".

That will SHOW you, on the Table, what High, & Low hands you currently have, on the Flop, Turn & River.
  • edited May 2010
    Just played my first ever game of hi-lo & even managed a whopping 35p profit from the 2/4p cash table. 

WOO-HOO!!

It takes some getting used to but I think I understand the basics now
  • edited May 2010

The cash action on Hi-Lo has started "quietly".

There is a 25p - 50p Hi-Lo Cash game going with about £600 on the table. I'm scared!

• edited May 2010

Hi Tikay once i've read up on hi-lo through the links i will have a go sounds like fun
  • edited May 2010
    The cash action on Hi-Lo has started "quietly". There is a 25p - 50p Hi-Lo Cash game going with about £600 on the table. I'm scared!  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I've been silently railing this for the last hour - it's great stuff and Tikay don't be so modest...there's £600 on the table of which £200* is yours! Nice going Grandpa...

*Normal service should be resumed by time I finish posting this...Tikay is probably now on £32.68*
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Hello, Hi-Lo! : I've been silently railing this for the last hour - it's great stuff and Tikay don't be so modest...there's £600 on the table of which £200* is yours! Nice going Grandpa... *Normal service should be resumed by time I finish posting this...Tikay is probably now on £32.68*
    Posted by Action_Dan
    Thank you Dan!

I ran rather well (= lucky) tonight, & ended up with a most pleasing £247.26. I'll settle for that!

Rather pleased also to win the first ever £10 Hi-lo Tourney on Sky Poker, though to be fair, there were only 8 runners! But I think it was for about £50.

I like Hi-Lo.  ;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Hello, Hi-Lo! : Thank you Dan! I ran rather well (= lucky) tonight, & ended up with a most pleasing £247.26. I'll settle for that! Rather pleased also to win the first ever £10 Hi-lo Tourney on Sky Poker, though to be fair, there were only 8 runners! But I think it was for about £50. I like Hi-Lo.  ;)
    Posted by Tikay10

Good going Tikay

Squawky likes HI-LO to
  • edited May 2010
    I probably donated (even if indirectly) some of Tikay's stack.
    I yoyo-ed severely - down hugely, back to level then down a bit.
    It's a great game with an enormous amount of "strategy" involved.
    If you can't cope with the concept of variance I suggest that you avoid it.
    If you fancy a challenge then I strongly recommend the game.
    Hope to see many of you playing the game soon.
  • edited May 2010
    Woohoo! Love PLO8, prefer it PLO for some reason :D
  • edited May 2010
    I enjoyed last night and playing every single pot. Might come to sky and play properly a lot more now (maybe like just 90% of hands).

Ultimately I just wanna make Tikay use that 'Deposit' feature on the cashier.
  • edited May 2010
    Played an hour low stakes cash, still haven't a clue,lol but I enjoyed it.
    Big thank you to sky Dave and Talon for their help at the table x
  • edited May 2010
    Hi

Hmmm jury is out at the moment.
  • edited May 2010

played for 2 hours last nite on 2p/4p table thought it was a good game pots a lot bigger than holdem found it very addictive & very enjoyable keeps you thinking
  • edited May 2010
    is there any chance of getting any Hi-Lo tables for the free-play.

I read the rules and don't really understand it, same as when I first heard Omaha, then I played the free-play and now I enjoy playing Omaha tournaments.

• edited May 2010
    Big thank you to sky Dave and Talon for their help at the table x
    Posted by MADMOO
    +1, especially for Sky_Dave, very good of him to answer a lot of our questions.
  • edited May 2010
    is there any chance of getting any Hi-Lo tables for the free-play. I read the rules and don't really understand it, same as when I first heard Omaha, then I played the free-play and now I enjoy playing Omaha tournaments.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday but ended up sticking a couple of quid down on a 2/4 table just to try it out.