You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hello, Hi-Lo!

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    hi,

Great to se O8B on Sky poker, only joined recently, and now  that omaha 8 or better is here i'll be playing alot more. Though i'd love to see some full ring O8B tables especially as the game is new to the site and new to alot of players. I fell full ring game would be easier to get to grips with the game and not because full ring O8B is my best game :P.

• edited May 2010
    I think i will give the cash version  of HI/LO a miss, after having read the thread by IRISHROVER and the rake. It seems the rake on this version is horrendous, may give the tourney version a go though as thats just a set buy in fee!
  • edited May 2010
    I'd just like to add that I think that the articles which are linked to on the first page of this thread are excellent - extremely well written and informative, imho.
  • edited May 2010
    They taught me everything I know, no really, they did!
  • edited May 2010
    Hi

the excellent articles on hi-lo that were posted at the start of this thread, and watching the tables the other day (thanks tikay, vince and co for help) have got me off to a flyer!

I played my first ever game of hi-lo today, a 27 runner sng on a rival site ($1 entry) and only went and won the thing for $10

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i am hooked and no doubt will play meredonk and co soon on here!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Hello, Hi-Lo!:
    Hi the excellent articles on hi-lo that were posted at the start of this thread, and watching the tables the other day (thanks tikay, vince and co for help) has got me off to a flyer! I played my first ever game of hi-lo today, a 27 runner sng on a rival site ($1 entry) and only went and won the thing for $10 wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i am hooked and no doubt will play meredonk and co soon on here!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    well done Gregg.

I still find it confusing, I watched a few tables last night and didn't see a low hand win any pot. Every showdown only a high hand won.
  • edited May 2010
    I played my first ever game of hi-lo today, a 27 runner sng on a rival site ($1 entry) and only went and won the thing for $10 wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Nice one Greg!  I did the same played 2 $5 sng's and placed 1st and 2nd!
    i am hooked and no doubt will play meredonk and co soon on here!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I played Mere last night, I wouldn't recommend it during a BR challenge period, it wasn't pretty.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Hello, Hi-Lo! : Nice one Greg!  I did the same played 2 $5 sng's and placed 1st and 2nd! I played Mere last night, I wouldn't recommend it during a BR challenge period, it wasn't pretty.
    Posted by Machka
    Congratulations Aaron and Greg.

You are being far too kind. You played very well. I seem to remember doubling you up so my advice to Greg is that if he wants my money then get in quick while it's still available.

• edited May 2010
    Hello

Why do all the mtt have 6 max in the title?

cheers

achill
  • edited May 2010
    What bankroll management do I need for cash/sit n gos/mtts?
  • edited May 2010
    What bankroll management do I need for cash/sit n gos/mtts?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Hi Wilhelm

I personaly use the 5% rule
  • edited May 2010
    Well... I have decided I like Omaha, but defo not HiLo