You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW! POST YOUR MESSAGES HERE TO BE READ ON TV!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Yes- another live show tonight and it's the big game. The 50 runner £220 buy-in £8K league final!
Great structure and great comp- the connoisseur's choice.

We're covering that all night AND we have a top guest in the studio in the form of 3 time Champion Jockey Richard Dunwoody.

So- questions in for Richard please as well as the usual stuff and of course hand requests- log the hand id number and post it on here as soon as it happens, along with your question or explanation as to why you want it to be shown.

And our little side chat tonight, for a bit of fun, will focus on the best days of our lives. 

Looking back on your schooldays- which teacher sticks out in your mind the most and why?

It could be because they were weird in some way, had an interesting habit, because of a comedy incident they were involved in, because of a strange catchphrase they had, etc etc.

You know the drill. The funnier the better!

Post your answers on here and we'll read them out in the first couple of hours of the show!

(Oh, and perhaps it might be best to leave the teacher's names out if you think what you're saying might be libellous!!)

Oh and we're going to Value Town tonight- Sir Ed of Giddenshire is my wingman...

Comments

• edited May 2010

Hi Rich  gl with the show have me telly set on reminder & gl 2 all in £8k

have a question for Richard Dunwoody 

out of all of your wins which one meant the most??

dtw
  • edited May 2010
    best days of our lives, wish mine was sigh :(
  • edited May 2010

HI RICH HAVE A GOOD SHOW M8Y,

RICH CAN YOU PLZZZ  

ASK THE VIEWERS/FORUM USERS POST UP GL WISHES

IN THE HU THREAD,

TO THE HU FINALIST  ROSS & OZZIE .

THE FINAL  IS ON FRIDAY @ 8.15 PM

• edited May 2010
    Always sticks in my mind it was 3rd year and big birds eye (that was a nickname)
    due to the fish net type stockings .
    Walking up and down the corridors , always fixing there self and bending over for
    any reason just to put on a show for a shocked crowed ,
    Jaws dropped , Eye"s wide like saucers

By gosh mr smith was a good janitor
  • edited May 2010
    Ok- my teacher memories- there was a maths teacher who used to flick his own bogeys at kids who weren't paying attention.

This was 1981- for some reason we all used to just laugh it off then, but looking back- how out of order is THAT?! Lol!

He wouldn't last 5 seconds in this litigious age.

At high school we had a teacher well into his sixties, who was obviously, pardon the pun, old school, when it came to punishment and used to parade the playground at break times brandishing a big wooden ruler he called his 'Clicky Bar'.

No word of a lie, kids would literally run away from him en masse as he approached. I don't think he ever used the Clicky Bar, but the concept was enough to strike fear into the heart of everyone.

Right- what sort of teachers did YOU have at school?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW! POST YOUR MESSAGES HERE TO BE READ ON TV!:
    Ok- my teacher memories- there was a maths teacher who used to flick his own bogeys at kids who weren't paying attention. This was 1981- for some reason we all used to just laugh it off then, but looking back- how out of order is THAT?! Lol! wouldn't last 5 seconds in this litigious age.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Throwing board-rubbers at pupils was quite common at my school, and at many others I'm sure!

• edited May 2010
    One of my teachers was a geat comic, always joking, one used the like using the dreaded slipper for punishment and the headmaster, THE CANE.
  • edited May 2010
    Bet none of your teachers were as good a teacher as I am ;)
  • edited May 2010
    There was a male teacher who was going out with one of the girls from my class who must have been 15 at the time. Think they'd consider that just a little bit moody these days lol He did have a very flash (at the time) Toyota Celica though...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW! POST YOUR MESSAGES HERE TO BE READ ON TV!:
    Bet none of your teachers were as good a teacher as I am ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Sorry mate they were all much better than you :-p

• edited May 2010
    I assume you had a short attention span Rich coz i read somewhere bogeys suppress hair growth  
  • edited May 2010
    Interesting how we were all terrified at the prospect of getting caned by 'Miss', but now we're adults it's become something we'd gladly pay for! .... Right chaps?  Ahem.
  • edited May 2010

Alot of my teachers belong on the "You shouldn't but you would thread".

In once case, "I shouldn't but I did" ;)

Waching on tonight, hope its as good as last time.
    Good luck to Ozzie tonight!!! - next big think on sky poker this fella!!!

DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    Had an elderly male art teacher who we innocently referred to as drug coz he would pop out of the class to his office which was next door every 10 or 15 min, light a ciggie have a couple of lugs then put it out and leave the remaining 3 qtrs in his ashtray.Every couple months or so towards the end of the lesson one of us would sneak outta class to his office, select 3 or 4 of the "freshest" looking cigs, use the small gullitine(used for cutting paper)in his office to cut the burnt end off then put them back into his ciggie box whilst borrowing 3 or 4 fresh ones.
    Not sure why we assumed he couldn't count but we never got caught in nearly 2 years. 
  • edited May 2010
    DETAILS PLEASE  ps. any pics
    Alot of my teachers belong on the "You shouldn't but you would thread". In once case, "I shouldn't but I did" ;) Waching on tonight, hope its as good as last time. Good luck to Ozzie tonight!!! - next big think on sky poker this fella!!! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Rich  looking forward to being able  to  watch  your  show tonight,
    My teachers loved  me, I was the perfect pupil !!!!(What)  .. Right moving on  ..  

Can you  ask Richard Dunwoody, was it  me that he was waving to in front of my TV  cheering him home in the Grand National  on Minnehoma or the Aintree crowd, or Freddie Star ..  (lol)  

Great Ride  and  Great Jockey
  • edited May 2010
    We had a geography teacher that used to talk us into a coma then slam down is desk lid to wake us all up again. To be fair he admitted to us he knew he was boring!
  • edited May 2010
    hi rich and ed
    like u i dont think we could believe that hand as it played out.  must be penquins birthday tina
  • edited May 2010
    In regards to the first hand, I think Steve was a Phil Ivey fan.  Ivey has a tendency to announce himself on a big tourney by winning the first hand no matter what.  In the first hand of an event the only thing you are getting called by is Aces and I've seen Ivey re-re-re-raise with rags.

Obviously I'm trying to find some logic in it.
  • edited May 2010

I remember a Geography teacher we had in the first year of secondary school - he used to talk away about things that were nothing to do with the subject and was always going off on tangents. We used to take it in turns to ask him questions about really random topics for no other reason as not to have to do Geography - more than once the bell would go to end the lesson and he was still regaling us with anecdotes - books never opened. 

• edited May 2010
    we had a p.e teacher who was so strong, @ rugby the fella used 2 get the ball and order us 2 tackle him... there used 2 be 30 kids hanging on him and he still walked the length of the pitch..... he didnt like it when i clothelined him tho..... as martial arts practice the next day waas very painful 4 me lol.
  • edited May 2010
    We used to have a music teacher with a short temper.  If one of the pupils messed about he would proceed to chuck a glockenspiel at them.  Strangely, they never heard it coming.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi guys, love it if you show my exit hand, unlucky or what!
    hand id is 261695400 and it was about 8.30. cheers,

John ashton aka shady 969
  • edited May 2010
    hi rich and ed
    i had a history teacher and i sat in the front row.  the desk had a broken top and i put in a position so that when he leant on it it caved in. the class would erupt with laughter it never failed.
    also like the other person if you mentioned the war to our french teacher not another word of frenh would be mentioned tina
  • edited May 2010
    lol have got the show on sky+, but i need to chip in with this one......you will not be able to read it out but it was so funny.

When I was 14, I can remember doing "A Sex Education Style" lesson every Tuesday with this dead posh teacher called Mrs Brown...who was also our head of year. All the lads were dead excited, were gonna see this, were gonna see that...etc. But all it involved was the textbook diagrams about conception, how it is done and all that.

Anyway, the "Money Shot" in this story happened when Mrs Brown started talking about puberty....Bearing in mind we were all 14, she posed the question "Have any of you NOT began puberty yet?" I wont mention his name just in-case....but he was one of my best-mates. It was one of those horrible slow-motion moments where I could see him going to lift his arm, but I was totally helpless to stop him.

Priceless to look back on....but the poor lad got pelters for the next 2 years..."Baldy" was a big favourite and even one of the dinnerladies called him it one day. School, best days of your life.
  • edited May 2010
    Talking about embarrasing names, my maths teacher was called Mr Stiff!

John Ashton aka shady969
  • edited May 2010
    dear richard.at school i was a shy 14 y old with no intrest in girls and just lived 4 football, one of my female teachers always asked me 2 stay behind to "tidy the storeroom". this went on for months with her gentle brush pasts, the sweet scent of yardley perfume wafting around the room ,then one day she took hold of my....hand and said for being so helpful she wanted to .....give me a lift home . then she moved in for a kiss. ......i s..t myself did my best cruyf turn and legged it!!!. if only i could back time.lol
  • edited May 2010
    I remember a few years ago when our school took a group of kids on a residential to France for a week. On one of the days, we left the kids with a couple of the staff while the rest of us went booze shopping at the hypermarket!! We had a few quizzical looks from the parents on our return when we unloaded the coach and all the teachers bags were clinking and clunking with beer and wine bottles :)

*DISCLAIMER* If this ever gets back to my school - it never happened.
  • edited May 2010
    Back in the early 80's, we used to have a stand in teacher, if anyone bottom burped he would get really mad and shout "GERROUT COME BACK WHEN YOU SMELL NORMAL" what an easy wind up he was, you only had to make the noise and he would go nuts. As you can imagine he used to get it all lesson long.
  • edited May 2010
    I've been on thesame table as Richard Dunwoody for the last 15 mins.

Just because he won me a few quid on Minnehoma, it doesn't mean I'm going to do him any favours! ;)