You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Im always loosing! do i need to give poker up :(

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Im always loosing! do i need to give poker up :(:
    In Response to Re: Im always loosing! do i need to give poker up :( :  Same happened to me when i first went to cash, the thing that helped me is posting hands and trawling through the hand history's seeing if you can find a pattern of where your losing your money. If your breaking even i would stick with it mate and keep grinding and keep trying to learn and fix leaks on the way im sure you will start grinding a profit eventually.
    Posted by robc
    Cheers mate, as I said above, I will keep grinding on.  I'm determined to move up the levels so guess I just need to work a bit harder.
  • edited May 2010
    have you ever thought the site might be rigged against you!!!!. seriously though, as above "listen learn and apply"
  • edited May 2010
    Ok i will give a few dym ago. I cant do 30p and 60ps i normally just do £1.15 ones. or should i do lower ones? But yeah i think i have a few hands i could post, i might go have a check now. Mrwh1te i think i have been on your table a few times. Mayb if i see you on tables ill come join you! Thank you all for your posts. keep then coming!!
    Posted by shaun09
    I personally would play the lowest level i was winning at, but that might not be for you, if you find 30p dyms too boring then dont bother playing them lol. But as i say, i personally would just play at the highest level i could beat comfortably.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Im always loosing! do i need to give poker up :( : Cheers for the advice, I'm going to keep it going at this level but spend more time trying to work out the many mistakes I'm sure I'm making.
    Posted by Patching99
    Keep stats every session of cash. At the end of every session I record how long I have played, how much profit or loss I have made and how many hands I played (have to do thast by counting the hand history. From that you can not only keep a running total of profit per hour and profit per 100 hands but you can also see how many winning sessions you have, how many losing sessions and can focus in on the big losing sessions. In my case I make a profit in about 75% of sessions and a running profit of around 30bb per 100 hands (over a total of 9000 hands) but I have the occasional losing session where I lose 2 or 3 BIs. Studying these sessions highlights that these big losing sessions are typically down to 3 or 4 hands where I lose close to a BI each time. Once you have that information you can look at whether you got outdrawn or whether you were chasing and hoping to get lucky Of course, your stats may be very different from mine and you may be dripping money away slowly rather than losing big chunks.
  • edited May 2010
    Woo hoo, i went into the 12k bounty hunter sat today for £1 and i won it so i got entry into the semi which would of been £4.80, And now i have finished top 8 of that out of 45 to gain entry into thursday nights 12k bounty! wooo hooo