You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

fix my leaks

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
rush poker 5nl 6 max, my stats... what can you guys pick up on here?

35243 hands
bb/100 14.13
VPIP 18.6%
PFR 14.2%
3 bet % 4.3
vs 3 bet call % 37.3 (this is high im guessing but a lot of 3 bets are like min 3 bets...)

Position:
UTG: 21.58 bb/100         vpip 11.7%        pfr 11.6%

UTG+1: 18.03 bb/100      vpip 12.2%        pfr 10.7%

CO: 38.31 bb/100            vpip 21.2%        pfr 17.6%

BTN: 24.32 bb/100           vpip 27.6%        pfr 21.7%

SB: -6.93 bb/100             vpip 24%           pfr 15.6%

BB: -10.59 bb/100           vpip 14.6%        pfr 7.3%

about 6k hands per position.

not sure what other stats i should be looking at, but im just looking to improve in order to boost my win rate and move up stakes.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The only thing I can see is that you might be defending the blinds too much.  This is a universal leak really.  When you are getting raised from the C/O or Button, consider the 3 bet or the fold as well as the flat.  By flatting you are not taking control of the hand and playing OOP.

Always expect your bb/100 to be in the negative in the blinds, this is not a concern, the gap between vpip and pfr while you're in the blinds is a concern.

Other than that, I think it looks good.  I'm guessing you C-Bet quite a lot from UTG?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: fix my leaks:
    The only thing I can see is that you might be defending the blinds too much.  This is a universal leak really.  When you are getting raised from the C/O or Button, consider the 3 bet or the fold as well as the flat.  By flatting you are not taking control of the hand and playing OOP. Always expect your bb/100 to be in the negative in the blinds, this is not a concern, the gap between vpip and pfr while you're in the blinds is a concern. Other than that, I think it looks good.  I'm guessing you C-Bet quite a lot from UTG?
    Posted by TommyD
    1. yea this is something im really trying to work at, i played about 20k hands at 10nl and was losing, i looked last night at my stats and found out if i folded every single hand in the blinds i would of been a winning player lol.

2. yea nearly every time lol.
  • edited May 2010
    14bb/100 is v good you shouldnt be too concerned about changing your game at nl5. all you want to do is make a hand and bet it when you get to higher stakes and are more comfortable postflop you should open alot wider from UTG-BTN and 3bet more

as for now fold more in SB open slightly wider on the btn fold more to 3bets and that should be about it.
    the vast majority of a players leaks are postflop so i really wouldnt worry too much about preflop stats apart from big glaring things (like diff. between vpip and pfr in SB)
  • edited May 2010
    14bb/100 is v good you shouldnt be too concerned about changing your game at nl5. all you want to do is make a hand and bet it when you get to higher stakes and are more comfortable postflop you should open alot wider from UTG-BTN and 3bet more as for now fold more in SB open slightly wider on the btn fold more to 3bets and that should be about it. the vast majority of a players leaks are postflop so i really wouldnt worry too much about preflop stats apart from big glaring things (like diff. between vpip and pfr in SB)
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Thanks, atm im raising unopened from the BTN Ax, K8s+, K9o+, Qo9+, J9o+, T9o, 98o, all PPs, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s.

What sort of hands do you think i should add to my BTN raising range?

in the blinds ive been 3 betting 99+, AJ+, KQ for value v CO/BTN raise, JJ+, AK v EP raise, set mining, and flatting BTN steal with A9-T, KT-KJ, QJ, JTs, QTs. What do you think of that?
  • edited May 2010

Couple of questions.

How many hands per hour do you play in rush poker?

I take it the difference between the VPIP and PFR is the amount of times you are calling a bet?

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: fix my leaks : Thanks, atm im raising unopened from the BTN Ax, K8s+, K9o+, Qo9+, J9o+, T9o, 98o, all PPs, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s. What sort of hands do you think i should add to my BTN raising range? in the blinds ive been 3 betting 99+, AJ+, KQ for value v CO/BTN raise, JJ+, AK v EP raise, set mining, and flatting BTN steal with A9-T, KT-KJ, QJ, JTs, QTs. What do you think of that?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    set mining vs LP raise in the SB isnt profitable against half decent regulars, might work at nl5 but its not a good habit to get into imo.
    its best to have a very very small range of calling hands in the SB as you are in the worst position at the table for the rest of the hand and any half competant BB is going to be squeezing fairly wide there. i think its best to just 3b or fold in the SB unless there are specific reasons not too. e.g BB is huge fish, BB is sqz happy reg ( so you flat btn open and 4b over the BB)

it seems as though you don't have a bluffing portion of your 3bet range at all? i would just add in a few combos of suited connectors and if your opponents have a high fold to 3bet% id jut 3bet the hell out of then with Ax hands

when its folded to you in the SB what's your range ther and do you ever just complete?
  • edited May 2010
    So what do you think i should do with KT-KJ, A9-T, QJ, JTs and QTs sort of hands?
    What about PPs if im facing a LP raise?

I dont have a 3 bet bluff range at rush poker because im not sure what sort of criteria i should consider before 3 bet bluffing? I have no stats on the players so im not sure how much they are opening etc.

Folded round to me in the SB i use the same range as i do for raising in the BTN and no i never complete i just raise it.
  • edited May 2010
    Couple of questions. How many hands per hour do you play in rush poker? I take it the difference between the VPIP and PFR is the amount of times you are calling a bet?
    Posted by Patching99
    About 300ish hands per table per hour.

yes i think the difference between VPIP and PFR is the amount of times im calling.
  • edited May 2010
    Do you think i should just be 3 betting all PPs, decent suited cons, KT+, QJ, Ax hands in the blinds v BTN steal?

Also in terms of isolation raising, should i be isolation raising with low PPs and suited cons or just limping along? How does that differ from in position and from the blinds? For example should i be limping 89s after a limper or 2 on the BTN or should i be raising? And what about if i have 89s in the SB and couple players limped... should i limp along or raise?
  • edited May 2010
    stop playing rush you numpty
  • edited May 2010
    loool i like it big bean!
  • edited May 2010
    Where do You find them stats?
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    +1 Totally agree

Dont know why you would want to play a game where you cant get any decent reads on any of the players? (although you do have a nice winrate) , especailly as there's enough fish at 5nl on tilt in the normal games, also i would probably move up stakes sooner than later as im sure the rake kills you at the lower stakes on tilt.

• edited May 2010
    pretty sure with HEM you can get stats on rush tables that insta load up when u join a new table

your'e right a 3b bluff range at nl5 isnt needed at all just be aware that as you move up you will need to start doing it mroe or else you will be super easy to play against

with regards to your SB cold calling range  personally i would 3bet the Kx and Ax hands call sometimes with QJss JTss QTss but that depends on the btn and bbs post flop play mostly.

you say you open same range from BTN when you're in the SB and its folded around to you, i think this is a leak as the whole reason why you play so many hands on the BTN is because of acting last postflop which is opposite of when you open in the SB, also people love to just flat call float flop bet/raise turn and it sucks donkeyballs when villain does that to you. i used to open super wide in the SB but recently cooled it down to all PPs all Ax suited any two broadways some suited connectors and A8o+

i would never over limp unless multiple players stacks are ~30-40bbs
  • edited May 2010
    ive played maybe 30 mins of Rush but i imagine you should be raising any two cards on the BTN/SB when its folded to you and possibly in the CO aswell.

• edited June 2010
    Posted by beaneh

Just this.
  • edited June 2010
    When should I be raising limpers when im in the blinds? like what sort of hands should i be limping/checking and what hands should i raise?

Raise KJ+, 99+, AT+
    Limp broadway, suited cons, low PPs?

What do people think of that?
  • edited June 2010
    When should I be raising limpers when im in the blinds? like what sort of hands should i be limping/checking and what hands should i raise? Raise KJ+, 99+, AT+ Limp broadway, suited cons, low PPs? What do people think of that?
    Posted by BlackFish3

Use the reads you have on your opponents.
  • edited June 2010
    When should I be raising limpers when im in the blinds? like what sort of hands should i be limping/checking and what hands should i raise? Raise KJ+, 99+, AT+ Limp broadway, suited cons, low PPs? What do people think of that?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    It depends on how light you think they are limping.

You are thinking a bit too robotic if you ask me.

All these decisions are situational.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: fix my leaks : It depends on how light you think they are limping. You are thinking a bit too robotic if you ask me. All these decisions are situational.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    It's rush poker, readless, i dont know how light they are limping. That's why im looking for more of a generalisation. When you first sit down at a table filled with unknowns what would you do sorta thing...
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: fix my leaks : It's rush poker, readless, i dont know how light they are limping. That's why im looking for more of a generalisation. When you first sit down at a table filled with unknowns what would you do sorta thing...
    Posted by BlackFish3

if you don't already kinda understand the correct play in a vacuum for whatever readless situation why are you playing rush?

If your table is limping alot and playing passively, isoing wide is good, if they are loose but never fold it needs to be just for value. If you have no reads then you just have to guess or just play tight. If everyone is playing tight though you want to be playing loose..... but again you have no reads...... at least you pay alot more rake than usual.......
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: fix my leaks : It's rush poker, readless, i dont know how light they are limping. That's why im looking for more of a generalisation. When you first sit down at a table filled with unknowns what would you do sorta thing...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    But this is why people are telling you not to play Rush.

The best way to play is to sit at a table, soak in the action and get a grasp of who is doing what and then exploit it.

At Rush this isn't possible.

Especially when you are going to have mega call stations at the micro stakes, you don't really want to be playing too many marginals OOP against stations.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: fix my leaks : Use the reads you have on your opponents.
    Posted by beaneh
    lol
  • edited June 2010
    i hope you got rakeback playing rush as this is the only upside to playing this game type
  • edited June 2010
    i hope you got rakeback playing rush as this is the only upside to playing this game type
    Posted by zing
    ya rake back is good for it.
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by zing

well you can get rb on the site, but it just makes you play a higher no of hands per hour. tis a rake paying machine for them. 
  • edited June 2010
    A8, A9, AT, K9, KT, KJ, QJ, QT, JT, suited cons, low PPs...

what would you do with these hands if you sat at a table of unknowns and got dealt them first hand, 1 or 2 players limped before you, you're in the SB/BB.

Limp the hands that play well in multi way pots?
    Raise the stronger hands for value? How do you value the hands above?

If you wouldn't raise them would you limp them or just fold?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to heeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
    A8, A9, AT, K9, KT, KJ, QJ, QT, JT, suited cons, low PPs... what would you do with these hands if you sat at a table of unknowns and got dealt them first hand, 1 or 2 players limped before you, you're in the SB/BB. Limp the hands that play well in multi way pots? Raise the stronger hands for value? How do you value the hands above? If you wouldn't raise them would you limp them or just fold?
    Posted by BlackFish3

DUDE, stop playing rush lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to heeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
    A8, A9, AT, K9, KT, KJ, QJ, QT, JT, suited cons, low PPs... what would you do with these hands if you sat at a table of unknowns and got dealt them first hand, 1 or 2 players limped before you, you're in the SB/BB. Limp the hands that play well in multi way pots? Raise the stronger hands for value? How do you value the hands above? If you wouldn't raise them would you limp them or just fold?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I probably wouldn't raise any of those readless OOP.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: heeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
    In Response to heeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee : DUDE, stop playing rush lol
    Posted by beaneh
    bean just humour me here, what would do with them hands if you had no reads? Surely when you play a table of unknowns you have no reads... so i wna know what to do!