You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKYS BIRTHDAY what do you think!

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Its free to enter.... Who cares what you get for 100th?

Comments

• edited May 2010

When it was my Birthday I put a 1000 pound behind the Bar.  What im getting at is 
     I have just invited 5 friends to join sky poker, who plays alot on the internet and said to them  if you can get your account up and running by 2mor you can go in the sky birthday comp. I gave it large to be honest without looking at the prize money, and now feel embarrassed as 140 placed only gets  24p and if you manage to get though and win the whole comp you wont even win 50 pound.

SKY PLEASE STEP UP AND LETS HAVE A PARTY ON YOU.

LOVE ALL YOUR FRIENDS ON SKY THAT SAID HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA.

cheers Johnny1mac

PS Overall   sky is great and a up and coming site. Love the sky T.V the poker tours. the community and chat and really friendly site. But most of us are all here to win money and even if your not you would expect more for a few hours work. If I win im going to donate my winning on a home game to one of the friends that sign up.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to SKYS BIRTHDAY:
      When it was my Birthday I put a 1000 pound behind the Bar.  What im getting at I have just invited 5 friends to join who plays alot on the internet and said if you can get your account up and running by 2morr you can go in the sky birthday comp i gave it large and now feel embrassed as 140 placed only gets  24p and if you manage to get though and win the whole comp you wont even win 50 pound. SKY PLEASE STEP UP AND LETS HAVE A PARTY ON YOU. LOVE ALL YOUR FRIENDS ON SKY THAT SAID HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA. cheers Johnny1mac
    Posted by JOHNNY1MAC
    I agree it aint worth entering even for free, other sites are miles ahead on the freeroll side of things.
  • edited May 2010
    Big Prizes in freerolls would be ace, but some people think the prize money falls out the sky, grows on the magic money tree (native only to the grounds of SkyPoker towers) or comes from a secret underground bunker. 

Sky Poker put on lots of other events too like the TKO`s and Team Poker, ALL of which are free to enter.

Turn it in.
  • edited May 2010
    Yet another example of people expecting something for nothing!!!!!

I can't believe this thread - no ones forcing u to play.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYS BIRTHDAY:
    In Response to SKYS BIRTHDAY : I agree it aint worth entering even for free, other sites are miles ahead on the freeroll side of things.
    Posted by torryboy
    Glad you agree even if we all put a pound in and they match the pound.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to SKYS BIRTHDAY : I agree it aint worth entering even for free, other sites are miles ahead on the freeroll side of things.
    Posted by torryboy
    But it's there birthday!  OK as A PRESENT IF I CAN TO SKY I WILL DONATE 50 POUND TO BE ADDED TO THE TOP THREE, IF you feel I want something for free.

P.S I Have help a big sites on a lot of technical problem and have come up with some good points

I dont want them embarrassed as a site as I really enjoy skypoker. Plus they should of put the prize money up and done it part of a promotion to get more player involed.

Thats my point they do other free stuff but this is sky's 1st birthday.
    next year they should take a pound from evry comp and added it to a sat to qualify for sky birthday next year.

How do you think other site look good I just coming up with idea to promote the site and yes I would stop what I doing and join them 2morr.
    cheers JOHNNY1MAC
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYS BIRTHDAY : Glad you agree even if we all put a pound in and they match the pound.
    Posted by JOHNNY1MAC
    What is the point in that?
  • edited May 2010
    Big Prizes in freerolls would be ace, but some people think the prize money falls out the sky, grows on the magic money tree (native only to the grounds of SkyPoker towers) or comes from a secret underground bunker.   Sky Poker put on lots of other events too like the TKO`s and Team Poker, ALL of which are free to enter. Turn it in.
    Posted by emilyegg
    But it there birthday!  OK as A PRESENT TO SKY I WILL DONATE 50 POUND TO BE ADDED TO THE TOP THREE, I have said it on here in black and white.

I dont want them embarrassed as a site as I really enjoy skypoker.

P.S Dont think you understand my point.
  • edited May 2010
    I think Sky Poker should safely get through this rocky patch in one-piece.
  • edited May 2010
    i can understand what your saying mate, and agree well sort of

I agree with reducing to only 50 paid would be better, although maybe their regulations due to how many are registered they cant do this?
    just think most freerolls on here are pointless, but then again for those who havent got the funds at least its a starting point
  • edited May 2010
    Its free to enter.... Who cares what you get for 100th?
    Posted by shaun09
    +1   

which is why i haven`t  voted..sorry
  • edited May 2010
    Big Prizes in freerolls would be ace, but some people think the prize money falls out the sky, grows on the magic money tree (native only to the grounds of SkyPoker towers) or comes from a secret underground bunker.   Sky Poker put on lots of other events too like the TKO`s and Team Poker, ALL of which are free to enter. Turn it in.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Now, you're gonna tell me theres no Santa Clause 
  • edited May 2010

.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKY COMMUNITY!      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • edited May 2010
    But there IS a SANTA isn`t there?

I DO know that the tooth-fairy is a sly f***** though. Unless its my Mum that puts the notes under my pillow.

• edited May 2010
    Agree with Johnny - payout structure and amount is poor given all the hype - not sure whether I'll bother now.

When all said and done it is a business to make money/profit and can understand low payouts on Freerolls to some extent but shouldn't be made out to be bigger or better than it actually is.

Felt the same re the welcome Bonus when a friend introduced me - cleverly worded to make you think you would get more than you actually would. Site not too bad - converted from Betfair a few months ago but still not quite sure whether to go back.
  • edited May 2010
    I play poker for the fun and the challenge! So my objective is to play my best and finish as high as possible irrespective of any prize money! I have noticed there are some very good players in this freeroll so to finish above most of them will be my reward!
  • edited May 2010

As its the forums 1st birthday perhaps Sky should have limited entry to those that actually post on the forum on a regular basis then there wouldn't be quite so many entered into the game and fewer moans about this free to enter game.

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYS BIRTHDAY what do you think!:
    As its the forums 1st birthday perhaps Sky should have limited entry to those that actually post on the forum on a regular basis then there wouldn't be quite so many entered into the game and fewer moans about this free to enter game.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Agree - players were asked to post birthday greetings but I have just checked and there are 708 posts with 1098 entries (or something like that) - those that haven't entered into the spirit should be thrown out.
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by Kiwini4u[/QUO

Good Point

There are so many ways tho they could keep everyone happy,i been in the game over 22 years
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYS BIRTHDAY what do you think! :
    As its the forums 1st birthday perhaps Sky should have limited entry to those that actually post on the forum on a regular basis then there wouldn't be quite so many entered into the game and fewer moans about this free to enter game. Posted by Kiwini4u[/QUO Good Point There are so many ways tho they could keep everyone happy,i been in the game over 22 years
    Posted by JOHNNY1MAC
    Man, thats one serious deepstack Johnny, was it a freeroll :~)
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
     Hi I am please to hear all fews, this is not an individual comment it for everyone to read and get behind sky really.

No one expects anything from nothing, but alot of players spend alot of time and money on here, Your a teacher do the maths 1,500 players in this comp. Plus they have promoted this comp so much ie it not the wosp
    but I feel they could of taken money from other comp and done sats for the 1st birthday.
    Anyway apprecaite your comment and hope you havn't taken mine in the wrong way I trying to get behind sky.
    cheers Johnny Mac
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYS BIRTHDAY : What is the point in that?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I.e 3000 prize pool ?
  • edited May 2010
    There are so many ways that SkyPoker DO keep people happy.
  • edited May 2010
    I think you'll find that the prize fund fits with the "current business model" mate.
  • edited May 2010
    Not having a go at your comment JohnnyMac, but if you have been playing poker for 22 years, then I will hazard a guess that this site is not the first on-line one that you have used.

What I am saying is that sky is relatively new and smaller in comparison to some of the other sites out there.

If you balance out the ratio of paying site members/players and the prizes on offer in the freerolls, there would probably not be a great deal of difference. At the end of the day, if the prize pool is £200 or £20000 the money has to be generated from somewhere.

Read a lot of stories about rake and how this can vary from site to site too. Does this contribute to large freeroll prize pools on other sites?

I do understand what you are saying about sky promoting the comp though Johnny. It is a bit-off if it is being dressed up to attract new players.
  • edited June 2010

Not having a go at your comment JohnnyMac, but if you have been playing poker for 22 years, then I will hazard a guess that this site is not the first on-line one that you have used. What I am saying is that sky is relatively new and smaller in comparison to some of the other sites out there. If you balance out the ratio of paying site members/players and the prizes on offer in the freerolls, there would probably not be a great deal of difference. At the end of the day, if the prize pool is £200 or £20000 the money has to be generated from somewhere. Read a lot of stories about rake and how this can vary from site to site too. Does this contribute to large freeroll prize pools on other sites? I do understand what you are saying about sky promoting the comp though Johnny. It is a bit-off if it is being dressed up to attract new players.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Hi emilyegg
    I Agree with you as well in comparison to some  other sites .But  sky can ofter so much more than other sites with the backing of T.V. etc. and your right I am Member of over 20 sites it all I do.  But there was one uk site in the early days use to give away gd money in freeroll to promote themselfs for new players, but this is not a great idea what they tend to do now is to take money from other comps and then have a weekly mulit, where you have to qualify still but added prize money also goes towards the comp, so there are ways around this quite within sky reach. regarding sky's promoting the comp I did invite 5 players to come and try out the site with a special birthday comp they could all go in, but silly me invited them before looking at the prize pool.
    Other site still dont give to much away,they get everyone to pay towards it in some form or another.

any way thanks for your comments
    maybe we should have a vote for me to come up with some new comps. Im not saying the site big enough to grt 100,000 but they could do 10,000 enough with out them putting a penny in.

Cheers
    Johnny Mac

• edited June 2010
    There are so many ways that SkyPoker DO keep people happy.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Should of built the prize pool up for a 1st birthday over a few week.

but yes I hear what your saying thanks for your comments
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYS BIRTHDAY what do you think! : Should of built the prize pool up for a 1st birthday over a few week. but yes I hear what your saying thanks for your comments
    Posted by JOHNNY1MAC
    Hello (John Boy) Johhny Mac ...

It's Bazz .. Dont give up on what you've said here, all these  comments and replys  come from  good  players  and probably some of the best people in the community ..
    Sometimes it  feels like your banging your  head against a wall in here , but apparently things are  changing in the next month  so  time will tell ..
    I like your  Idea and maybe the marketing  people missed  an opportunity .. 
      I've been  campaigning  for the 'little guys  and gals'  for months  now , so  lets  see what the month of JUNE  brings, but  it's  good to  see you here and even writing  again (lol).. glk  mate Bazz

http://movieclips.com/watch/field-of-dreams-1989/if-you-build-it-he-will-come/

• edited June 2010
    the prize fund is a joke lol other sites offer bigger freerolls a few times daily so how can sky not keep up,people are saying sky poker is a small site and sky try to keep everyone happy,i dont see how!anyway im entering and im gonna win,cos im getting married and the prize should cover my reception!
  • edited June 2010
    Congrats m8, sounds like your gonna have 1 hell uva party