You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I think its an excellent idea, last week 427 without a guarantee, with a guarantee the Skys the limit:)

Comments

• edited June 2010

Tonight when the amount of runners in this are known.

say 300 OR WHATEVER

why not x by 5

so you have a guaranteed £1500 FOR NEXT WEEK .

THIS IS A EXCELLENT DEEPSTACK LETS TRY KEEP IT GOING GUYS !

12 MINS BLINDS GREAT VALUE FOR A FIVER !

SO LETS GET BEHIND THIS THREAD

AND LETS GET A GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND FOR NEXT WEEK!

• edited June 2010
    i think that tikay needs a permanent bounty on his head, say, £50, or dantb10 deepstack entry, for example

+1 to the gtd
  • edited June 2010
    +1 for the gtd
    AND +1 for Greg's idea

• edited June 2010
    +1 for both ideas. So +2 then?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: TAKE ON TK MTT / +1 OR NOT FOR THIS IDEA?,READ ON...........................:
    i think that tikay needs a permanent bounty on his head, say, £50, or dantb10 deepstack entry, for example +1 to the gtd
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Great idea Gregg. There's a whole lot more to you than just a pretty face eh?
  • edited June 2010

It's a brilliantly structured torny full-stop

+1

• edited June 2010

well it was just over 300 runners so £1500 guaranteed

would be right !

• edited June 2010
    Sounds reasonable to me, and as the tourny is call take on tk also agree it would be good to have some sort of bounty on his head,maybe free entry to his tk sleepstack??
  • edited June 2010
    Go Irish

+1 for sure

x
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Sounds good to me.
  • edited June 2010
    Sounds good to me!
  • edited June 2010
    +2

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited June 2010
    Good idea about the bounty on Tikay's head and guarantee, really enjoyed Friday's game.
  • edited June 2010
    +1 for the gtd

The only way to get this through though is to consistently support this great touney :)
  • edited June 2010

good idea m8 +1
  • edited June 2010
    very good idea mate. i am in, and that means somethin!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to TAKE ON TK MTT / +1 OR NOT FOR THIS IDEA? READ ON...........................:
      Tonight when the amount of runners in this are known.  say 300 OR WHATEVER  why not x by 5  so you have a guaranteed £1500 FOR NEXT WEEK .  THIS IS A EXCELLENT DEEPSTACK LETS TRY KEEP IT GOING GUYS !  12 MINS BLINDS GREAT VALUE FOR A FIVER !  SO LETS GET BEHIND THIS THREAD  AND LETS GET A GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND FOR NEXT WEEK!
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    brill idea i missed the last one but will be defo in next wd m8 smashing great
  • edited June 2010

Great idea for tourney and bounty

• edited June 2010

Any game with blinds wider than 10 mins makes for a good game......Tikay ask the suits for a once a month 15 min blind tour

+1  rover

• edited June 2010
    +1 Love deepstacks

Guarantee would be fantastic, bounty on TK too

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    +1 Great idea mate.
  • edited June 2010

HOPEFULLY THE SKY SUITS WILL GET TO SEE,

THE INTEREST IN THIS MTT

AND GIVE US A GUARANTEED  3K FOR THIS  MTT .

• edited June 2010

Hi guys,

Only just spotted this, sorry.

I'd like to explain this, but first up, thank you for all the lovely comments about the Structure of the Tourney. I designed it myself, & I'm very pleased with how it plays out.

And that's the whole thing, they sort of said to me "make a wish, design it yourself, any buy-in, any structure, just go ahead & do what you think is best".

So I did. I thought a fiver was about right to get things going, & I am 100% happy with the structure. It will NOT be removed from the Schedule, it is now a permanent fixture for the foreseeable future, at least as long as it gets a tidy amount of runners.

I have asked for permission NOT to play it on three Fridays - two whilst I am in Vegas, & one on the Friday before Swansea SPT, as I need to be down there on the Friday in order to do an early start & a very long day on the Saturday. It is still to be decided if the Tourney will run on those three Friday's, but it almost certainly will, with a Guest "Host" on each occasion.

The Guarantee? Well that one is awkard, because they said to me, in effect, "make a wish, design your perfect Tourney". And as, personally, I do not believe in Guaranteed Prize Pools, they do nobody any good in the long run imo, I did not seek a Guarantee, nor will I.

But here's the thing. The targeted number of runners was between 100 & 150, so if I HAD sought a Guarantee, it would have been about £500. In fact, it attracted 427, & 302, so who needs a £500 Guarantee, it's meaningless & worthless?

The nature of the Take-on-tikay" Tourney will change radically soon, too. Watch this space for more details. ;)

I'm also discussing with the Suits whether a re-branded version of T-o-T could stand being run on an additional night in the week, maybe Monday, or Tuesday.

Personally, I think it's great that "the £5 guys" get the chance to play a seriously good structure, & I'm very proud of this Tourney, in every respect.

You may not be aware of this, but I work very hard under the radar to attract runners to this Tourney, via FB, Twitter, etc. Because it's mine, & I want it to work.

Now we have to innovate & improve.

However, while my name is on it, I have no wish to make it "Guaranteed", simply because I don't believe in Guarantees. Sorry!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.:
    simply because I don't believe in Guarantees. Sorry!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I insist on guarantees, John Lewis are the best.  You usually get 5 year ones with electrical equipment.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.:
    Hi guys, Only just spotted this, sorry. I'd like to explain this, but first up, thank you for all the lovely comments about the Structure of the Tourney. I designed it myself, & I'm very pleased with how it plays out. And that's the whole thing, they sort of said to me "make a wish, design it yourself, any buy-in, any structure, just go ahead & do what you think is best". So I did. I thought a fiver was about right to get things going, & I am 100% happy with the structure. It will NOT be removed from the Schedule, it is now a permanent fixture for the foreseeable future, at least as long as it gets a tidy amount of runners. I have asked for permission NOT to play it on three Fridays - two whilst I am in Vegas, & one on the Friday before Swansea SPT, as I need to be down there on the Friday in order to do an early start & a very long day on the Saturday. It is still to be decided if the Tourney will run on those three Friday's, but it almost certainly will, with a Guest "Host" on each occasion. The Guarantee? Well that one is awkard, because they said to me, in effect, "make a wish, design your perfect Tourney". And as, personally, I do not believe in Guaranteed Prize Pools, they do nobody any good in the long run imo, I did not seek a Guarantee, nor will I. But here's the thing. The targeted number of runners was between 100 & 150, so if I HAD sought a Guarantee, it would have been about £500. In fact, it attracted 427, & 302, so who needs a £500 Guarantee, it's meaningless & worthless? The nature of the Take-on-tikay" Tourney will change radically soon, too. Watch this space for more details. ;) I'm also discussing with the Suits whether a re-branded version of T-o-T could stand being run on an additional night in the week, maybe Monday, or Tuesday. Personally, I think it's great that "the £5 guys" get the chance to play a seriously good structure, & I'm very proud of this Tourney, in every respect. You may not be aware of this, but I work very hard under the radar to attract runners to this Tourney, via FB, Twitter, etc. Because it's mine, & I want it to work. Now we have to innovate & improve. However, while my name is on it, I have no wish to make it "Guaranteed", simply because I don't believe in Guarantees. Sorry!
    Posted by Tikay10
    ty tk for your reply ,

but can you please explain why it would not improve

its easy to raise up a gurantee as runners go up and

why you dont believe in guarantees in mtts .

ty for taking the time in advance .

denis