You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010

It pains me to think after 3 years on skypoker we have a big field of

runners in a excellent deepstack on a friday night for just a fiver .

lots of punters will stay with this mtt if the number remains big .

a 3k guarantee on it will make it a regular friday night event .

this is good for skypoker very good infact .

it got 12 mins blinds .

for once for a fiver we can say skypoker can do a carlsberg structure and it

not a push push all your chips in after 20 mins big field

£5  event .

come on guys am  i the only one that feels this way ?

• edited June 2010

Hi Dennis,

I'm about to do the Show, so don't have time to reply properly right now I'm afraid.

But to your first question, "why don't I believe in Guarantees?", that's based on a very long experience of poker. It's a view that, on the whole, conflicts with the industry as a whole, & indeed with Sky Poker, so I'm out of step with everyone. I just see no need for the Guarantee, is the long & short of it. I know, as a general rule, how many beans make five, but I have never really grasped the concept of Guaranteed Prize Pools, or whom they are supposed to benefit. If the Prize Pool exceeds the Guarantee, it's a worthless Guarantee, & if it falls short, well, let's face it, the Site or Venue will soon reduce it. But I will be working VERY hard to keep the numbers up.

As to your subsequent Post, please be assured, there are NO plans to remove it from the schedules it is here to stay. In fact, I'm trying, right now, to introduce another identically-structured Tourney earlier in the week, & for the same Buy-In.

OK, gotta go, we have a Show in 5 minutes!
  • edited June 2010
    Haven't played this yet but it does look like a descent structure 2.5k chips 12 min blinds. Only improvement for me is make it 4k starting stack as it allows a couple of accidents early on with room to come back. Or conversly make it 15 min blinds and 3k starting stack.
  • edited June 2010

Will be making my debut it this on friday. I keep hearing about these "radical changes" - and auto think rebuy, but after reading tks post - its designed for £5-50 buy inners - who may not be able to afford rebuy/add ons...

So as its his tourny, and hes an omaha enthusiast, ill go for a mixed tourny, where the games rotate? omaha, he, hi lo etc?
  • edited June 2010

For me i played in the first Take on Tikay and i thought it was a truly wonderful structure and for the buy-in for me is "cheap as chips" and i'm glad personally this is going to be a regular Friday night fixture for the foreseeable future.

Sadly i won't be able to play in the next 3 TOT's as it's a mixture of watching the almighty Lancashire in 20/20 cricket (next week i will be most enjoying seeing the Yorkies get slaughtered at Headingley!) and i'm off to the Algarve at the end of the month for an all-inclusive weekend jolly up! :)

• edited June 2010
    tikay, can i just say you have such a hard job . stuck betweeen the mods and the players. middle mang is a hard hard job tryin to keep all parties happy. this thread and the other (you know which one) is building up steam amung the community. and i really really hope it/they get the proper amount of consideration they deserve. i dont envy your job at all. but please please try and get them to listen to the everyday poker player. i love sky and the community, but the only fall down in my eyes is the mods dont listen. not a knee jerk reaction(i would expect more) but a genuine ear to the vast majority of players who play on this site. tnx again phil
  • edited June 2010
    Gr8 thread this is and i will lend my support for this on fridays.As tk says if this is supported there is no need for a gtd status but a bounty would add a little extra to the tourny.And +1 for pods post with regards to tikay he does seem to be stuck between a rock and a hardplace sometimes.All the best dav
  • edited June 2010
    I support this and would be up for it with the gauranteed up :) nice idea irish
  • edited June 2010
    Have to agree with dude, 2500 chips isn't quite enough for me personally but I have played the 1st 2 take on tikays and generally found the quality of play in them to be quite good. Not as good as the deepys, sleepys and orfordables but not far off.
    As for the other comments, I can understand Tikays point regarding the guarantee. As he said if the fields
    don't match the guarantee then Sky will lower the guarantee. We've all seen the threads about tournys
    that people enjoy having the guarantees cut. Cut guarantee = less players, vicious circle.
    On the other side why bother if there are more than the guarantee?

Bounty on Tikay should remain, whether it be a tourny entry to a higher buy in game or a cash bounty.

My suggestion would be to make it an added tourny with Sky adding maybe £200 to the prize pool
    this would add extra juice to the pot and remove the need for the guarantee or another suuggestion
    would be to give all final tablists (Maybe not a real word but I like it) seats to another tourny. This
    could be done on a numbers = higher buy in seats deal
    0 - 100 Seats for next Take on Tikay
    101 - 200 Seats for Sleepstack
    201 - 300 Seats for the £22 BH tourny
    301 + Seats for the Primo.

Just a thought
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.:
      Tonight when the amount of runners in this are known.  say 300 OR WHATEVER  why not x by 5  so you have a guaranteed £1500 FOR NEXT WEEK .  THIS IS A EXCELLENT DEEPSTACK LETS TRY KEEP IT GOING GUYS !  12 MINS BLINDS GREAT VALUE FOR A FIVER !  SO LETS GET BEHIND THIS THREAD  AND LETS GET A GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND FOR NEXT WEEK!
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Yes i was going to play this tourney last Friday and completely forgot about it DDoh me!
    I agree with you Denis this is an excellent structured tourney and well worth a fiver and a guaranteed £1500 can only draw more runners
    Yes please xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.:
    Have to agree with dude, 2500 chips isn't quite enough for me personally but I have played the 1st 2 take on tikays and generally found the quality of play in them to be quite good. Not as good as the deepys, sleepys and orfordables but not far off. As for the other comments, I can understand Tikays point regarding the guarantee. As he said if the fields don't match the guarantee then Sky will lower the guarantee. We've all seen the threads about tournys that people enjoy having the guarantees cut. Cut guarantee = less players, vicious circle. On the other side why bother if there are more than the guarantee? Bounty on Tikay should remain, whether it be a tourny entry to a higher buy in game or a cash bounty. My suggestion would be to make it an added tourny with Sky adding maybe £200 to the prize pool this would add extra juice to the pot and remove the need for the guarantee or another suuggestion would be to give all final tablists (Maybe not a real word but I like it) seats to another tourny. This could be done on a numbers = higher buy in seats deal 0 - 100 Seats for next Take on Tikay 101 - 200 Seats for Sleepstack 201 - 300 Seats for the £22 BH tourny 301 + Seats for the Primo. Just a thought
    Posted by bornablade

+1

This would attract BIG numbers, can't see sky adding more at the moment until the number of entrants goes down drastically (if that ever happens) but the latter idea is a great one.

• edited June 2010
    +1 to what ever every 1 said ;)
  • edited June 2010
    definitely should be a guarranteed prize pool for this tourney
  • edited June 2010

Are we all in this Friday`s `Take on Tikay` tournament?

I would just like to wish all players the very best of luck! xxxx

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz.:
    Are we all in this Friday`s `Take on Tikay` tournament? I would just like to wish all players the very best of luck! xxxx
    Posted by candi

+1 flossy i am

in !
  • edited June 2010
    yeah value for money the 1st one attracted a big field because of the bountys u could get spt seat i think it was... but still a good torn imo, keep the bounty on tk tho and add a guarantee say £1000, im in anyways!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: TAKE ON TK MTT GUARANTEED / can this thread be sent on to the sky suits plzzzzzzzzzzz. : +1 flossy i am  in !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Good luck  My Irish honey xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    played last weeks tournie and managed 10th. best result ever for me.
    don't normally like the longer format but the structure is excellent and the people playing and contributing to the chat were brill.
    agree with tikay in that a guarantee is not needed, but would defo like to see a bounty on the old man's head. maybe, as some have said, a free entry to a larger tournie.
    will i be playing again? you bet, if my meager br holds out!!

have fun everyone.
  • edited June 2010
    I can understand the pros & cons of having a guarantee so I guess I'm kind of in middle ground here (not like to me to sit on the fence, eh?!).

Personally I think the main benefit of having a guarantee is that it definitely attracts some more casual players who are just loitering in the lobby looking for something to play & when you see a decent guarantee it makes it more attractive (even if it's been exceeded by the time you register). Also if the numbers remain then Sky ain't losing out.

I also like the idea of keeping the bounty but maybe whoever takes it can have a choice of a cash bounty or entry into something like the £22 deepie or even Primo?

I haven't had a shot at this yet mainly cos I'm usually up early on Saturdays so the idea of playing really late puts me off a little, but hopefully that'll all be changing in the near future so I'll be well up for having a go myself, particularly if the buy in remains the same. It looks awesome value for a fiver.
  • edited June 2010
    Well Done again Irish, you have mi support and will defo play when free, fridays are difficult for me at moment tho,
    structure looks similar to the dantb10 deepstack [but with less start chips, couple people made that point], which is always good, this buy-in obvs enabling more people to partake Great!!! Guess TK will stamp his ingenius mark on it tooo , so should be great fun!!
    Am in Prague this friday, so good luck, never kno, i may make mi fortune at the Golden Lion in the Prague Hilton, if so drinks on me at Swansea, tho got to find time to try to qualify, lol!! Some luck & Form may help too!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    missed the last couple,so ill play when i can guarantee or no guarantee i mean how good can it get,a deepstack well not really a deepie but a tourney with plenty of play with a large field mouthwatering
  • edited June 2010
    nice to see some old faces from the 8.15 deepstack. seems like the fields have been big enough to create a huge prize fund. lets not worry about an gaurnatee we have all seen what happens once the field drops off with the mentioned tournament.

i personal thought some of the old faces had graduate to other sites might have to drop by this one to lock horns again but usually hate friday tournaments - 'you cant bluff a donk'