You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread)

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
You put a teddy bear in a microwave???
I'm going to report you to the RSPCA.

Don't try this at home, kids.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Good afternoon all!!  Or as we Poker players say at this time of the day 'Good Morning'!

Well so far today has been eventful. I woke up.. rolled over..stretched and CLICK! My neck Popped off. Not literally you understand. That would be MOST unfortunate, somewhat messy and not just a little inconvenient in light of my presenting tonight's live show with the fantastic Mr James Hartigan.

So I am currently sitting here with Percy Spencer strapped to my neck.. Cunningly attached by use of a scarf. This sounds a trifle odd, I agree. However, said Mr Spencer is actually a small teddy Bear..an old Christmas present from my mother that heats up in the microwave to keep me toasty through the cold winter nights... and as such comes in handy for pulled muscles, sore tummies and FREAK neck mishaps such as my current predicament.

So.. For this weeks show thread topic I would like to know of the most ridiculous injury you have managed to cause yourself AND/OR DIY 'treatments' of said injuries!

Of course this evening we shall also be traversing the Mastercash highways in search of action hands and entertainment but I'll leave that for Mr Hartigan to shed some light on.

Right now I'm in pain, can't turn my head and have to go Microwave Mr Spencer again.

Ps. Feel free to google Percy Spencer and compliment me on my ingenuity ;)

• edited June 2010
    Have a great show lisa and james, will try watch the repeat later as gotta be at my sisters tonight stupid internet not working at home xxx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread):
    You put a teddy bear in a microwave??? I'm going to report you to the RSPCA. Don't try this at home, kids.
    Posted by MereNovice
    He was asking for it VInce. (Stuffed toys are EVIL). This one is filled with grains or something.. He loves it.

• edited June 2010
    Have a great show lisa and james, will try watch the repeat later as gotta be at my sisters tonight stupid internet not working at home xxx
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAEGER!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    don't know whether to say 'poor' teddy or 'lucky' teddy.
    i guess 'lucky' teddy wins...could stand a little heating up to spend so much time so close to LML.

good luck for the show
  • edited June 2010
    don't know whether to say 'poor' teddy or 'lucky' teddy. i guess 'lucky' teddy wins...could stand a little heating up to spend so much time so close to LML. good luck for the show
    Posted by lozgo
    LOL Cheers Laurie.

• edited June 2010
    Sigh, Oh to be small and warm just like that teddy, think I would have died and gone to heaven ;), oh and ouchie :(, and for your neck XXXXXXX, hope those make it feel better :)

How about breaking my big toe caused by a sack trolley, I put my foot behind it to stop it rolling backwards, unfortunately it decided it would be fun to roll backward anyway and bent my big toe backward breaking it.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAEGER!!!!
    Posted by LML
    Thanks Princess Plop  , And no birthday kiss?? :(:(:(:(

hmmm maybe get 1 tonight lol ;) x

HINT!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Gl to you both tonight - what levels will be on tonight mainly?
  • edited June 2010
    HERE`S AN INJURY 4 YOU, A FEW YEARS AGO I WAS A WAITER IN A HOTEL AN HOUR AFTER SERVICE A GUEST WAS STILL PECKISH,( NOW THEY HAD A 3 COURSE MEAL AND THE MAIN WAS  A BIG MEAL NOTHING LIKE THESE POSH ONE CARROT MEALS ) ANYWAY I MADE THEM A SANDWICH, UNFORTUNATLY I SLICED THE TOP OFF MY THUMB OFF CUTTING LETTUCE, 2 HRS LATER I WAS STILL WORKING AND THUMB STILL BLEEDING , SO TOLD BOSS REALLY NEED TO GO HOSPITAL ( I`M A HEAMOPHILIAC ) TOLD THE RECEPTION WHAT HAPPENED, WHEN AND MY CONDITION, AN HOUR AND HALF LATER I WAS SEEN. I ( HATE ) NEEDLES THE NURSE ASKED IF I WANTED A LOCAL ANI,( NEEDLE ) NO THANKS, THE FIRST STITCH WAS FINE NO PAIN BUT THE SECOND STRATE DOWN INTO THE BONE ( ENDED UP LEAVING A HOLE IN THE WALL ). HAVE A COUPLE MORE OR DOZEN IF INTERESTED ?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : Thanks Princess Plop  , And no birthday kiss?? :(:(:(:( hmmm maybe get 1 tonight lol ;) x HINT!!!
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    As a reward for MereNovice Final Tabling four Omaha Hi/Lo tournies in one night I think James should blow him a kiss.
  • edited June 2010
    id love to see acebarry live on mastercash giving lml a neck massage!!!

now that would be great tv!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : As a reward for MereNovice Final Tabling four Omaha Hi/Lo tournies in one night I think James should blow him a kiss.
    Posted by TommyD
    ARE YOU TRYIN TO GIVE UM NITEMARES ???
  • edited June 2010
    I've had exactly the same thing happen as you lisa, wake up, stretched and my neck spasmed  and i could no longer turn my neck to the right, after a week of this and the doctor just suggesting resting it. A old family friend lent me a similar thing as your teddy bear, but was more like a big bean bag which you heated in the microwave after a day it had already started getting better. So you should be fine soon :) 

Good luck both with the show tonight.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : As a reward for MereNovice Final Tabling four Omaha Hi/Lo tournies in one night I think James should blow him a kiss.
    Posted by TommyD
    I wasn't planning to watch anyway so boo sucks to you.
  • edited June 2010
    ... and if I do happen to watch, I'll fast forward through the bits with James on (like I always do!).
  • edited June 2010
    unfortunately I think If I described my injury in detail I would be banned from the forum.

So in Tikayesc style we will try to describe in cryptically.

As a teenager, I was getting up to things that teenagers do with members of the opposite sex, whilst parents were out. My g/f at that time had heard that certain sensations could be heightened if certain skin was folded back.

Unfortunately later on said skin could not be returned to its natural position.

As body parts swelled a lot more than they should, I ended up having to go to A & E, and I havesince  been asked by  by other g/f's if I am of the Jewish faith

A legged crossed Aski :)

• edited June 2010
    unfortunately I think If I described my injury in detail I would be banned from the forum. So in Tikayesc style we will try to describe in cryptically. As a teenager, I was getting up to things that teenagers do with members of the opposite sex, whilst parents were out. My g/f at that time had heard that certain sensations could be heightened if certain skin was folded back. Unfortunately later on said skin could not be returned to its natural position. As body parts swelled a lot more than they should, I ended up having to go to A & E, and I havesince  been asked by  by other g/f's if I am of the Jewish faith A legged crossed Aski :)
    Posted by Aski
    ouchie!

cleaverly put, although i doubt that is broadcastable... If Rich was doing the show youd have a fighthing chance!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : ouchie! cleaverly put, although i doubt that is broadcastable... If Rich was doing the show youd have a fighthing chance!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Probably not Greg, altho if everyone kept messaging the show tonight about the story I bet Lisa would be in fits of laughter, even more so if James had no idea what the sotry was and kept asking Lisa about it :D

Aski :)

• edited June 2010
    unfortunately I think If I described my injury in detail I would be banned from the forum. So in Tikayesc style we will try to describe in cryptically. As a teenager, I was getting up to things that teenagers do with members of the opposite sex, whilst parents were out. My g/f at that time had heard that certain sensations could be heightened if certain skin was folded back. Unfortunately later on said skin could not be returned to its natural position. As body parts swelled a lot more than they should, I ended up having to go to A & E, and I havesince  been asked by  by other g/f's if I am of the Jewish faith A legged crossed Aski :)
    Posted by Aski
    Wow. i wish i didnt read this just as i sat down with my lunch! 

I feel like i no abit to much about you now lol
  • edited June 2010

Ps. Feel free to google Percy Spencer and compliment me on my ingenuity ;)

Percy Spencer father of the cartoon character Kevin Spencer is also a fat, drunken, loud, boorish and illiterate oaf, so stupid it is questionable whether he can write his own name.

Wonders why you named your bear after that Character Lisa :)

As you would have called your bear Percy Lebanon Spencer if it was named after the inventor of the microwave :D

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : ouchie! cleaverly put, although i doubt that is broadcastable... If Rich was doing the show youd have a fighthing chance!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi Greg

But it is LM who is reading them out, does she read them before hand? :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : Hi Greg But it is LM who is reading them out, does she read them before hand? :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    i know Sarah didnt the other day, she read out that j k off was the "lonleyman's hand!"

lol
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Not broadcastable?  You do know it's Lisa-Marie doing the show tonight don't you?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread):
    So.. For this weeks show thread topic I would like to know of the most ridiculous injury you have managed to cause yourself AND/OR DIY 'treatments' of said injuries!EDIT : Since there are no takers on the thread subject thus far Mr Hartigan may have to provide a more provocative one!
    Posted by LML
    Before James rolls into Sky Towers and changes the question of the night I'll tell you of one ridiculous injury I sustained.

I went mountain biking with some friends from work.  Towards the end of the evening we had just reached the peak of a hill and then were about to bomb down to the bottom. 

Everyone shot off and I waited until there was some space between myself and them and then set off.  As I picked up speed and almost reached the bottom there was a gentle corner so I didn't need to slow down for it. 

Much to my surprise the corner consisted of sand so my front wheel slid away from me, the bike flipped me off and I ended up about fifteen feet away buried head first in gorse bushes.  When I extracted myself I had a bloody leg and a face full of gorse needles. 

Being a trooper I just carried on with the rest of the ride.  Hardly crying at all.

• edited June 2010

Hi Lisa & James have a great show tonite & gl 2 whoever does the Grind (if u are doing one)
  • edited June 2010

Hello.  I have just arrived in the Sky Poker office and am now "up to speed" with tonight's show and this thread.

First of all, in an ironic twist of fate, I am also suffering from an injury.  I twisted my right knee on Friday afternoon and it's still in a considerable amount of discomfort.  So, let's keep this topic going.  We want to hear about your HILARIOUS personal ailments.

Secondly, TommyD - your wish is my command.  I will place a big fat air kiss on MereNovice's bald dome.  Vince - you can fast-forward through as much of the programme as you wish, but I'll make sure Sky_Claire sends you a commemorative DVD :-)

Finally, tonight's Grind challenger is Sean Bugguley, aka: Badger63.  I believe he'll be playing mainly £0.25/£0.50 NLHE.  Wish him luck!

• edited June 2010
    I`M GOING RIGHT BACK NOW, LUCKILY IT WAS NOT ME BUT THE YOUNGEST BROTHER, WE WERE PLAYIN FOOTBALL AND USEING TREES AS GOAL POST WHEN I TOOK A SHOT, HIT THE TREE AS HE TURN TO SEE WERE THE BALL WENT IT HIT HIM RIGHT IN THE KNACKERS, TOOK HIM 3HRS TO RECOVER LOL
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Lisa Marie, Hi James
    ...or should it be Hoppalong Hartigan and the Cricked Neck Kid?
    Anyway, good luck with the show tonight, it sounds like you're gonna need it!
    It should be entertaining to watch though! ;)

Sympathy has always been my strong suit! Haha
  • edited June 2010
    When I was at school (as a pupil, not teacher or burglar) I managed to staple my thumb to a note board.  The staple was firmly in there and we needed to use that pincer thing that removals staples.  The only problem was I couldn't think of the name of such an implement and was stuck there for five minutes trying to describe it.  I still don't know what they are called.  Surely it's not 'Staple Remover,' we don't call Scissors 'Paper Parters' or Pens 'Ink Sticks.'