You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread)

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread):
    When I was at school (as a pupil, not teacher or burglar) I managed to staple my thumb to a note board.  The staple was firmly in there and we needed to use that pincer thing that removals staples.  The only problem was I couldn't think of the name of such an implement and was stuck there for five minutes trying to describe it.  I still don't know what they are called.  Surely it's not 'Staple Remover,' we don't call Scissors 'Paper Parters' or Pens 'Ink Sticks.'
    Posted by TommyD
    Wikipedia authoritatively says this is also know as a staple getter-outerer.
  • edited June 2010

Good Luck to Badger63 on the show tonight, and I look forward to watching the show with the "Always" brilliant James and Lisa-Marie.

I look forward to hearing all the tales involving ailments. Might throw my own into the mix (after 9pm ;0) )

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : Wikipedia authoritatively says this is also know as a staple getter-outerer.
    Posted by Machka
    OK here goes

A staple remover (or staple decleater) is a device that allows for the quick removal of a staple from a material without causing damage. Although a simple metal wedge can be used, this method tends to tear fragile papers. For light gauge staples, many people instead use a device consisting of two opposing wedges on a pivot. For convenience, this device has a spring that returns it to the open position after use.

Proper use of the opposing wedge staple remover should also be noted. Staples should be removed via the flat, top side of the staple, not the back "curled" side of the staple. This can however often result in ripping of some paper, so some prefer to loosen the staple via the "curled" side before proceeding to the front flat side for easy removal.

Some staplers, mainly small ones that are about 1.5 inches long contain an integrated staple remover. This is basically a piece of metal that is slid under each "curled" side of the staple and turned to loosen the staple.

Also known as an aligator or staple puller.

god i love google this may have been "useful" in your dilemma tommy
  • edited June 2010
    I can guarantee someone just said into Lisa-Marie's earpiece, "Leave it Lisa-Marie, don't make any more comments".
  • edited June 2010
    I think what ever pills Lisa has been taking for her neck injury, have got her slightly hyper.

She giggles about Machka's face being buried in a bush and wondering about what type of rash he may get, and also managed to make something out of my post too.

Thuumbs up to you Lisa, but obviously not in a Len Fairclough way .

BTW I take no responsibility should the Sky Poker Channel be taken off the air any time soon

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    LOL SAID PAIR JACKS LOSES ( JUST GOT IN AND SWITCHED ON ) UNLUCKY,
  • edited June 2010
    NOOOOOOO JUST SEEN THE KISS ?? CALL PARIMEDICS ARGGHHHHHHHHH ???
  • edited June 2010
    Hi James and Lisa

Lovely to see you doing master cash, great show as usual!

Blatant brag to start as I took down another live tournament on Thursday night, Lisa mention your win at this point and take the plaudits!

For James - I went to see Streetdance at the movies today, went because the 11 year old was desperate to see it and I enjoyed it more than him!

James - Comment?

Dave
  • edited June 2010

hi Lisa & James  Great Show as always am learning loads i wonder if you could show this hand from 4p/8p cash tonight

i think i bet too much after river card tho i was worried he had higher straight  what bet should i have done for value as he had called my previous raises

many thanks  michael  (dtwbandit)
  • edited June 2010

Hi James/Lisa Marie

I have posted this before about a year ago

I was playing online and having one of my better games and very chipped up, the 5 minute break came, i did the usual and visited the bathroom and got a couple of cold beers from the fridge and was just returning to my seat when the doorbell rang
    On answering the door horror of horrors a scientologist, took at least 2 minutes to get rid of him

walking back to the PC i saw that play had started and as i moved closer it was me to act and i had 2 aces and the time bar almost out, i rushed to the chair catching my foot on the rug, fell forward accross the arms of my swivel chair and rolled head first into my monitor smashing it to pieces
    Did not hurt too much more a shock, cleaned up as fast as i could and attached a spare monitor, i ran quite deep and won £150 
    strange thing is when i checked the hand history i found that my aces would have been cracked by kings if i had played the hand, alternative to a bad beat huh

LOL Gary   

• edited June 2010
    greetings

looking good as always (well Lisa-Marie anyway).

when i was 16 i loved to bomb around on my bicycle, especially downhill.
    one day i tried it through my local town centre, which was relatively quiet at the time. just as i was about to make a sharp turn, a blooming great dog ran out in front of me. doing what came naturally, i swerved out of the way and straight into a giant concrete flowerpot. there was a huge crash and scream as i went sailing over the top to land in a heap at the feet of a couple of very nice young ladies. embarassment to injury!!
    luckilly for me one of them took pity on the groaning lump at her feet and helped me to recover. and to later become my girlfriend!!!
    what a lucky injury that was!! well for me anyway. my bike sadly was totaly ruined!
  • edited June 2010
    One of the most redonkulous injuries I remember getting, was when I went 'Base Over Apex' (my maths teacher's phrase), over the handlebars of a BMX, in a forest in Walthamstow. My head hit the floor first, my jaw snapped open – and immediately locked – as I slid across the forest floor. 

I received temporary lockjaw, and in a state of panic, jumped up and tried to shout to a mate for help... except of course my jaw was locked, and my mouth was full of leaves and slugs. I couldn't even swear properly.

Please don't read this out on TV. But if you do, can I just take this opportunity to say hello to anyone that knows me... just like they do on the radio?

I must confess I had an even more embarrassing injury than that, but some people seem sensitive about stories concerning gerbils and vacuum cleaners, so I'll just keep that to myself for now.

Love the show, by the way.

• edited June 2010

A QUESTION FOR MR HARTIGHAN IS HE RIDING THE BULL AGIAN IN VAGAS /??

• edited June 2010
    Hi James and Lisa Lovely to see you doing master cash, great show as usual! Blatant brag to start as I took down another live tournament on Thursday night, Lisa mention your win at this point and take the plaudits! For James - I went to see Streetdance at the movies today, went because the 11 year old was desperate to see it and I enjoyed it more than him! James - Comment? Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro

NOOOOOOO!! WE got told this one just as we went on a break and promptly forgot it :(

Hilarious that you got groovy with 3D street dance!! Count yourself lucky though Dave, I could have got a fair bit of mileage with that.. Mind you, it's just as well.. I'm pretty sure I was pushing my luck as it is!

I blame the Pain killers.. At least that's what James said they were ;) I have to admit I wasn't expecting him to run away and leave me to analyse a hand all on my lonesome! EEEK! I was SO nervous I forgot to click the hand on.. It's certainly nowhere near as easy as our amazing analysts make it look!!

Thanks for all your stories guys n gals.. Sorry we didn't get time to go through them all. But I've had a thorough read of all of them and feel much better about it now.. Slugs in the mouth and such. Nasty business that!!

Seriously. Your input makes the show.

Sweet dreams all xxx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : NOOOOOOO!! WE got told this one just as we went on a break and promptly forgot it :( Hilarious that you got groovy with 3D street dance!! Count yourself lucky though Dave, I could have got a fair bit of mileage with that.. Mind you, it's just as well.. I'm pretty sure I was pushing my luck as it is! I blame the Pain killers.. At least that's what James said they were ;) I have to admit I wasn't expecting him to run away and leave me to analyse a hand all on my lonesome! EEEK! I was SO nervous I forgot to click the hand on.. It's certainly nowhere near as easy as our amazing analysts make it look!! Thanks for all your stories guys n gals.. Sorry we didn't get time to go through them all. But I've had a thorough read of all of them and feel much better about it now.. Slugs in the mouth and such. Nasty business that!! Seriously. Your input makes the show. Sweet dreams all xxx
    Posted by LML
    LOL It was a great show as usual, your hand analysis was great and he knew it!!!

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : LOL It was a great show as usual, your hand analysis was great and he knew it!!! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro

LOL I love you Dave.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread):
    Good afternoon all!!  Or as we Poker players say at this time of the day 'Good Morning'! Well so far today has been eventful. I woke up.. rolled over..stretched and CLICK! My neck Popped off. Not literally you understand. That would be MOST unfortunate, somewhat messy and not just a little inconvenient in light of my presenting tonight's live show with the fantastic Mr James Hartigan. So I am currently sitting here with Percy Spencer strapped to my neck.. Cunningly attached by use of a scarf. This sounds a trifle odd, I agree. However, said Mr Spencer is actually a small teddy Bear..an old Christmas present from my mother that heats up in the microwave to keep me toasty through the cold winter nights... and as such comes in handy for pulled muscles, sore tummies and FREAK neck mishaps such as my current predicament. So.. For this weeks show thread topic I would like to know of the most ridiculous injury you have managed to cause yourself AND/OR DIY 'treatments' of said injuries! Of course this evening we shall also be traversing the Mastercash highways in search of action hands and entertainment but I'll leave that for Mr Hartigan to shed some light on. Right now I'm in pain, can't turn my head and have to go Microwave Mr Spencer again. Ps. Feel free to google Percy Spencer and compliment me on my ingenuity ;)
    Posted by LML
    HAHA

I have one of these LML

It's a small world..really it is...lol

x
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : HAHA I have one of these LML It's a small world..really it is...lol x
    Posted by TRIP5
    LOL Irene!! Do you also have bright pink marks on your neck where you thought it would be a great idea to place it roasting hot onto bare skin :(

Yep... I did.

*sigh*

x
  • edited June 2010
    good show last night lml. the fine blending of intelligent conversation, good analysis and topped witha little smute. peeeeerfect x
  • edited June 2010
    "But the re-raise was from Tommy..."
    Hartigan 2010

I'm definitely getting that put on a T-Shirt

Great show as always guys.
  • edited June 2010
    haha tommy have a look at the "aggressive play" thread - wanna see what u though of the hand, and my fold.
  • edited June 2010
    LOL Pod.. Glad you enjoyed it.. Though they may never let James and I work together again ;)

Tommy you HAVE to!! and you HAVE to wear it to Notts SPT as both James and I should be there WOOHOO!!

JJ Hope your luck improved after the hands we saw.. Eeeeewwww!! 2 words- 'Card' and 'Dead'.
  • edited June 2010
    good show last night lml. the fine blending of intelligent conversation, good analysis and topped witha little smute. peeeeerfect x
    Posted by pod1
    A perfect statement pod. The "smute" from LML is all that makes life worthwhile at times.
  • edited June 2010
    Though they may never let James and I work together again ;)
    Posted by LML
    At James' request?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastering of Cash and Topping of Pots (Show thread) : LOL Irene!! Do you also have bright pink marks on your neck where you thought it would be a great idea to place it roasting hot onto bare skin :( Yep... I did. *sigh* x
    Posted by LML
    There just seems something quite sinister about microwaving a beany bear! You can freeze it too and use it as an ice pack....might help with the burns!

x
  • edited June 2010
    James did appear to cringe when Lisa decided to tell my story, with a look of

"I cant believe she is going to read this"

Was a great show

Lisa hand analayis, James telling her to press the button, Lisa saying dont be silly it doesnt do anything anyways, James with his great run of easy predictions in top of the pops, oh and there was some poker shown too

What more could you want on a Saturday night

Aski :)