You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
If you do, have you done the math on these?

If you win 3 out of five of these games, you will make a profit of 25p--- good innit?

The 15% rake on these games make them a complete waste of time!

thoughts please

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES?:
    If you do, have you done the math on these? If you win 3 out of five of these games, you will make a profit of 25p--- good innit? The 15% rake on these games make them a complete waste of time! thoughts please
    Posted by oynutter
    +1
  • edited June 2010
    Get's worse the lower down you go.Win 3 out of 5 60p dym no profit lol.
  • edited June 2010
    I can't believe anybody bothers to play them at all--- flopwit stupid imo!!
  • edited June 2010

Why is the rake higher for the lower buy in games?
  • edited June 2010
    according to sky Rich, it is because this rake fits in with the "current business model"
  • edited June 2010

I didnt even know this was the case, but if it is, surely it's wrong????

I wouldnt be a happy chappy if I played em - I'd want answers - proper answers, or an answer, in human words, not long ones :)

On a side note - dyms r the devil. avoid them!!
  • edited June 2010
    I don't play them myself, because of the rake and the structure, but I have tried to get answers--- Thats all I got--- "current business model"--- personally, I build my bankroll on another site that has better structured dyms, with a 10% rake
  • edited June 2010
    I've played loads of £1 DYMs in my time (468 to be precise), IMO they're a good place for a newbie getting used to real money poker for the first time. 

I play them less often now, but my records show I've got a +10.25% ROI playing £1 DYM here, that's £60 profit from 63.03% cashes.
  • edited June 2010
    I dont play them because its not worth it.Only play £3 and above now and thats usually omaha anyway.dav
  • edited June 2010
    It cost's to learn or if you don't have a bankroll on sky.I am moaning again so sorry LOL.They say constructive idears for improving the site welcomed(as long as you can afford to pay) oops done it again.
  • edited June 2010
    I used to play them and beat them :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES?:
    I didnt even know this was the case, but if it is, surely it's wrong???? I wouldnt be a happy chappy if I played em - I'd want answers - proper answers, or an answer, in human words, not long ones :) On a side note - dyms r the devil. avoid them!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    interested to know why you say that about dym's?
  • edited June 2010
    I've played loads of £1 DYMs in my time (468 to be precise), IMO they're a good place for a newbie getting used to real money poker for the first time.  I play them less often now, but my records show I've got a +10.25% ROI playing £1 DYM here, that's £60 profit from 63.03% cashes.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    You sure mate--you have paid 72 quid in rake!
  • edited June 2010
    Yep, that's after rake, they're quite easy to beat. Some of the rake has come back in cash for points too.

Do a sharkscope search on me using advanced options if you wanna see for yourself.
  • edited June 2010

I`ve just played a six-seater 25p/5p rake S & G scary. Two places paid. I paid 30p and won £1.12(prize for 1st place). It is the only 25p table i`ve played today and for a time to be fair. Time to go up a level? But do I lol, me thinks not. Time to invest in maybe an MTT or cash game.

I completely agree with you Oy. The rakes for the lower level stake games doesn`t seem appropriately placed.

I very rarely ever play the lower stake games and have posted my thoughts in some other discussion in the forum about the same subject (due to rake/returns) but just fancied the HU at the end to brushen up my HU for my game against DOHHHHHHH as i know he is gooooood! xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    If you cash 6 times out of ten, you make 50p---- 60 times out of 100= 5 quid---500 games with the same percentage = 25 quid--- you did not make 60 quid with a 63% win rate--- more like 25 quid in 468 games
  • edited June 2010
    Getting of topic here with respects to candi's comment you chose the last remaining pure holdem game left in micro section.If you move up to 55p all you have is speed omaha and scary nlh.
  • edited June 2010
    Yep, that's after rake, they're quite easy to beat. Some of the rake has come back in cash for points too. Do a sharkscope search on me using advanced options if you wanna see for yourself.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
     No need to rely on sharkscope stats mate--- just do the maths-- 60% win rate = 5 quid profit from 100 games
  • edited June 2010
    profit is profit!
  • edited June 2010
    I played them a bit, but after swicthing to micro cash the difference in reward for time spent is amazing. Most the time you just sit there folding every hand and basically just waiting for shove fold, which gets so boring.

If anything as a starting player it would be much better to try the £2.20 deepstack games that offer much more play and with a lot more room for manouve, with the bonus of a chunky pay-out at the top.
  • edited June 2010
    totally agree oy, if they charge ten percent elsewhere
    how can ya warrant charging more ??

Russian Roulette one hand of poker 10 percent Rake!!

How do i get involved in opening a poker site???

May call it SLY POKER and charge rakes in accordance with
    my very own "current business model"!!

;-)
  • edited June 2010
    I played them a bit, but after swicthing to micro cash the difference in reward for time spent is amazing. Most the time you just sit there folding every hand and basically just waiting for shove fold, which gets so boring. If anything as a starting player it would be much better to try the £2.20 deepstack games that offer much more play and with a lot more room for manouve, with the bonus of a chunky pay-out at the top.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Well said dude!-- the deep stacks are infinately better value, which is probably why half of them have been dropped from the schedule---innit
  • edited June 2010
    The rake is :-
    10% when you play £3 games (30p rake) 
    12.5% for £2 game (25p rake)
    15% for £1 games (15p rake)
    20% for 60p and 30p game (10p and 5p rakes)
    That's why you shouldnt play stt under £2 as the rake kills you.

• edited June 2010
    profit is profit!
    Posted by BlackFish3
     lol--60% win rate means that you invest 115 quid, and around 50 hours to win a fiver---profit---lol---durrrr
  • edited June 2010
    profit is profit!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    LOL you sound like a Ferengi, from now on you shall be known as Quark!
  • edited June 2010
    The rake is :- 10% when you play £3 games (30p rake)  12.5% for £2 game (25p rake) 15% for £1 games (15p rake) 20% for 60p and 30p game (10p and 5p rakes) That's why you shouldnt play stt under £2 as the rake kills you.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thanks loony, thing is, the vast majority of sites have 10% rake on all games, and do not discriminate against beginners and small stakes players as sky do-- it's not fair, and I don't believe it makes sense either.
  • edited June 2010
    Getting of topic here with respects to candi's comment you chose the last remaining pure holdem game left in micro section.If you move up to 55p all you have is speed omaha and scary nlh.
    Posted by belsibub

Yes hunni I know, that is the very reason why I chose that one as opposed to a higher cash stake S&G table. For the max profit I could get for a small stake game.
  • edited June 2010
    i have made my thoughts clear on this on another thread

in my opinion sky should be the pinnacle of fairness and make all rake for sngs the same, regardless of buyin.

to penalise the micro stake players is not fair imo, however, i do understand that sky have to take into account what their competitors do

dyms are not evil by the way dohhhh, they are good way to make solid money at 5.50 buy in upwards

hoggers
  • edited June 2010
    imo dym should b outlawed, its not poker!!!!! u wanna play 2 double youre money u should play heads up imo. u wanna play a six seater then play a stt, its ruined skys stt games on here imo.