You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    russian roulette is also "not poker"--- BUT----I do agree with the principle--- stupid people should pay more tax--lol
  • edited June 2010
    468 games @ 1.15 = 538.20

cash in 63 % of those games = 294 cashes giving a return of 588

Giving a profit after rake of £50

So Gary inst far off with his figures there.

However I agree with you Oy that the rake is a ridiculous level for this type of buy in, especially given that the way the tv shows are presented, it comes across as this is the place to play if you are a beginner, but compared to other sites the price for playing as a beginner is expensive.

I just play Mtt's and a little cash now on sky, mainly due to the fact that the community of the forums is good and thus I want to support the site given what I deem that those fronting the shows participate on here.

However when it comes to SNG's however I play elsewhere, mainly because they are better  structured and , I am able to play what I would class as a normal SNg' not some turbo, scarey game where after 15 minutes you are down to 10 BB and thus looking to shove when you get a hand.

Yes maybe for those looking for a bit of quick fun and who just want to gamble those games are fine, but somehow I gain a better sense of acheivement winning or cashing when having played for 36 minutes on a 6 seater table, with all the players still left in, no one has less than 15bb's, you at least get that sense of feeling that 1) you've had your moneys worth and 2) you've had a chance to put into practice some of the poker skills you've learnt.

So for me the STT section on Sky is somewhere I only occasionally visit these days

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES?:
    468 games @ 1.15 = 538.20 cash in 63 % of those games = 294 cashes giving a return of 588 Giving a profit after rake of £50 So Gary inst far off with his figures there. However I agree with you Oy that the rake is a ridiculous level for this type of buy in, especially given that the way the tv shows are presented, it comes across as this is the place to play if you are a beginner, but compared to other sites the price for playing as a beginner is expensive. I just play Mtt's and a little cash now on sky, mainly due to the fact that the community of the forums is good and thus I want to support the site given what I deem that those fronting the shows participate on here. However when it comes to SNG's however I play elsewhere, mainly because they are better  structured and , I am able to play what I would class as a normal SNg' not some turbo, scarey game where after 15 minutes you are down to 10 BB and thus looking to shove when you get a hand. Yes maybe for those looking for a bit of quick fun and who just want to gamble those games are fine, but somehow I gain a better sense of acheivement winning or cashing when having played for 36 minutes on a 6 seater table, with all the players still left in, no one has less than 15bb's, you at least get that sense of feeling that 1) you've had your moneys worth and 2) you've had a chance to put into practice some of the poker skills you've learnt. So for me the STT section on Sky is somewhere I only occasionally visit these days Aski :)
    Posted by Aski
    how does 294 cashes give a return of 588 quid?--- 85p profit per game
  • edited June 2010
    294 wins gives a return of £2 per game = 588

468 games at £1 + 15p rake = 538

hence £50 profit

• edited June 2010

294 x 85p = £249.90 less (174 x £1.15 = £200.10) = 50 SQUIDS

FLOPPIN NUTTER!

ps. you're right about the rake 

• edited June 2010
    if a 60% win rate gives a profit of 5 quid for a hundred games, then you get 25 quid for 500 games--63% can't make that much difference

Anyway, as loonytoons pointed out, the lowest stake games have a 20% rake-- surely it is nearly impossible to make a profit with a 20% rake--- what good is that for a beginner that has been told that sky poker is a good place to start?
  • edited June 2010
    well 63% return as opposed to 60% return is an extra £6 profit per 100 hands, hence why the profit for Gary is around £50, and not £25.

But As I stated in my original reply I am total agreement that for beginners and those with small bankrolls, the rakes on the games that those players would be attracted to is a killer

• edited June 2010
    In Response to DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES?:
    If you do, have you done the math on these? If you win 3 out of five of these games, you will make a profit of 25p--- good innit? The 15% rake on these games make them a complete waste of time! thoughts please
    Posted by oynutter
    YEP DEFO RIGHT M8Y  AND IT IS STOPPING SKYPOKER FROM GROWING FASTER,

2 B JEZZZZZUSSSS WHY CANT YOU SKYSUITS SEE THIS .

YOU GUYS ARE CREAMING TO MUCH OFF THE LOWER STAKES .

COME ON BERNIE  GET IT SORTED THE LOWER STAKE PLAYER ARE 

GETTING IT UP THE BBBBB   JEZZUSSSSS  WITH THESE RAKES .

• edited June 2010
    It is mate, -- pretty pointless playing them imo--- beginners are the sites future innit--- why penalise them in this way, when there are plenty of sites that charge 10% maximum rake?-- they should be encouraged to stay here, and not encouraged, or even forced, to play thier small stakes games elsewhere--innit
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES? :  lol--60% win rate means that you invest 115 quid, and around 50 hours to win a fiver---profit---lol---durrrr
    Posted by oynutter
    Playing £1 dym isn't about making a living though... just a step in your poker journey lol.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES? : LOL you sound like a Ferengi, from now on you shall be known as Quark!
    Posted by loonytoons
    ok so im supposed to know what that means...??
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES? : Playing £1 dym isn't about making a living though... just a step in your poker journey lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    What I am trying to say is, that with a 15% rake, it is a completely pointless "step in your poker journey"--- and not worth looking twice at---innit
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DO YOU PLAY ONE POUND DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAMES? : ok so im supposed to know what that means...??
    Posted by BlackFish3
    check out star trek deep space 9 mate...if you like that sort of thing!!