You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

site problems again

124»

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited June 2010

des please read the thread by sky dan in regards to the world cup freeroll  this is not on mate and i think the 194 people that was left in will say the same
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again:
    Apologies for the issues that you experienced yesterday everyone.  Sky Poker experienced a server outage; which was caused by a network problem, which impacted all tournament play on the site between 8pm and 10pm last night.  All tournaments which were impacted have now been settled, so if any player has any outstanding questions relating to their entry, please contact Customer Care who will resolve issues with you as quickly as possible. We will be re-running the World Cup freeroll and will announce details of this later today. I can only apologise once again on behalf of Sky Poker for any inconvenience that you have experienced as a result of this fault. Regards, Des.  
    Posted by Sky_Des
    I seem to be having major lagging probs the last few days also, i play DYM's and if I don't pre-click my action it takes ages for the buttons to pop up for me. I have just installed firefox to try it on there but was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
  • edited June 2010
    Apologies for the issues that you experienced yesterday everyone.  Sky Poker experienced a server outage; which was caused by a network problem, which impacted all tournament play on the site between 8pm and 10pm last night.  All tournaments which were impacted have now been settled, so if any player has any outstanding questions relating to their entry, please contact Customer Care who will resolve issues with you as quickly as possible. We will be re-running the World Cup freeroll and will announce details of this later today. I can only apologise once again on behalf of Sky Poker for any inconvenience that you have experienced as a result of this fault. Regards, Des.  
    Posted by Sky_Des
    any idea why the open freeroll table keeps on opening when i log in then if they have all been settled des? cos it's getting really annoying now lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again : Have e-mailed them and said i expect all 20 of us to be put through as this had effetivley ended. it's nearly half a day later nd i've logged back in to find that i'm still in and it's still the 5 min rest break lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Exactly the same screen that I have got. It will not go away lol.
    Thanks.
  • edited June 2010
     des please read the thread by sky dan in regards to the world cup freeroll  this is not on mate and i think the 194 people that was left in will say the same
    Posted by ckd
    I understand your concern CKD and we've debated this a great deal at Sky Poker this morning. 

It is highly likely that the outage last night will have impacted some players ability to participate in the event, and to be fair to all players we took the decision to run the freeroll again. 

I do appreciate it's not ideal and I apologise for that, but in the spirit of what the World Cup freeroll was setting out to achieve, we've doubled our contribution to the prize pool and will run two half size tournaments instead, offering you a good opportunity to run deep once more.

Regards,

Des. 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again : any idea why the open freeroll table keeps on opening when i log in then if they have all been settled des? cos it's getting really annoying now lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    There are a couple of tournaments that are still live ACESOVER8s and we're trying to resolve this issue at the moment.  Please bear with us.

Regards,

Des.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again : Exactly the same screen that I have got. It will not go away lol. Thanks.
    Posted by emilyegg
    customer services have said that the tournament would be settled on position at the time of the freeze so by the looks of it emilyegg we should all get the seat into tomorrows open. hopefully Sky-Des or someone else on here will be able to confirm that the open freeroll (which gives top 20 a seat in the saturday open and froze with only 20 people left in) will be settled in this way? - always like to double check what Customer Services say as they have been known to get mixed up and tell me the wrong things from time to time
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again : customer services have said that the tournament would be settled on position at the time of the freeze so by the looks of it emilyegg we should all get the seat into tomorrows open. hopefully Sky-Des or someone else on here will be able to confirm that the open freeroll (which gives top 20 a seat in the saturday open and froze with only 20 people left in) will be settled in this way? - always like to double check what Customer Services say as they have been known to get mixed up and tell me the wrong things from time to time
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Yes, this is correct.  Sky_Bernie is entering you all into the Saturday Open as we speak.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again : Yes, this is correct.  Sky_Bernie is entering you all into the Saturday Open as we speak.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Many thanks for the confirmation Des, just hope they get rid of this table on my browser soon lol
  • edited June 2010
    What i would like to know is why no one from sky could be bothered to let anyone know what was going on .I was playing the 8-15 d/s and myself and everyone else had to just sit there like idiots for over 90 mins till sky finally did something .Ilove playing poker on sky but please dont treat us as idiots just let us know what is going on thats all im asking .
  • edited June 2010
    What i would like to know is why no one from sky could be bothered to let anyone know what was going on .I was playing the 8-15 d/s and myself and everyone else had to just sit there like idiots for over 90 mins till sky finally did something .Ilove playing poker on sky but please dont treat us as idiots just let us know what is going on thats all im asking .
    Posted by chew07
    READ POST I`M FORTUNATE??
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by chew07
    There was a great deal of investigation required last night to identify the cause of the problem chew07.  During that time we were equally in the dark as you were.  There was a large freeroll on site which could have been a factor.  We'd released the Rebuys development earlier in the day which could also have been a factor.  There had been a non poker release made on Wednesday morning which could also have been a factor. 

Until such time as we identified exactly what the problem was, there wasn't a great deal we could say directly to customers, other than we're aware of a problem - which we did through customer care and our onsite ticker.  

On isolating the fault, we then needed to resolve and decide how to compensate customers.  On occasion, this requires us to speak to some members of the team who may not be available late night, as was the case last night. 

So I do apologise for the slow communication here on the forum. I hope I've been able to give you some insight as to why such delays occur.

Regards,

Des.
  • edited June 2010
    registered in the 9 10 omaha and its disapeared from the lobby arrrggg
    Posted by archdigger
    thank you for the refund sky
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: site problems again : There had been a non poker release made on Wednesday morning which could also have been a factor Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des,

I've posted this question in the Community Suggestions previously but would it be possible, where security allows, to have a thread on the forum, where a release note is published showing the areas of Sky Poker that have been affected by updates to the site?  It would allow your customers to know what has changed and to look out for potential issues, I can't see any downside to doing this.  It would probably be wise to have the thread locked so only Sky_ members could post on it.  It's just a thought but release notes and release logs are pretty standard on all the IT systems I work on.

Thanks, Aaron.