You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football tonight, or LML?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Well it's THAT match tonight, & the hype is getting super-heavy, & if I hear one more word about it, I think I'll scream. I'm well up for the World Cup, & want Engerland to do well, but hype-saturation point has been breached, & I'd rather like to get the first match out of the way.

Meanwhile, the Show goes on, & I've been gifted tonight's Show, my first with LML for what seems an age. It's a real Girl-Power night in fact, with Posh 'Ling & Mandy in the Producer's chairs, so I'll be right under the thumb.

It begins at 8pm, when, let's be honest, Live viewership will be "adversely impacted" by football matters, but the Show probz gets more views from repeats than the Live version, so we'll be on our game as much as we are able.

We have an Online & Phone-In version of The Grind, beginning at 8.30pm, which will feature that very special Community Member (the only one ever to donate a £100 Freeroll to his Community friends?) Mr JaegerLuckBoxDonkeyPlop. He will be roaring on England, I'm quite sure. Not.

By an odd coincidence, Plopper & I are mutual friends, pre-dating Sky Poker by a very long way, of a most special man who goes by the name of Ironside, & lives in Elgin, quite near to Chez Plop. Iron has had a bit of  challenging life. First he broke his neck, then, later, his back, & he's been in a wheelchair for most of his adult life. Proper hero of mine, & we may swap a few Ironside stories tonight.

Plopper will be on one of the £50p-£1 MasterCash Tables, either MC 11 or MC 12. We'll do several phone-ins with him between 8pm & 11pm.

The Show will be Live from 8pm until Midnight, and the last hour, from 11pm until Midnight, will be 100% non-stop "Top of the Pots". One hopes that LML does not get too excited by the crash-bang wallop action, as Orford so often does. Keep calm LML, it's only a game.....

We'll also, for the first time ever I think, be relaying up to the minute, "in-running" odds on the football, from our colleagues at Sky Bet. So LML's extensive knowledge of football & betting will be displayed to the max.

e-mails? Yes please! skyopen@bskyb.com.

Subjects? Football, the Motorways & Motorway Service Stations in the UK (a particularly Hot Topic right now), anything you want, in fact. We are gonna be lonely otherwise. So yes, plenty of e-Mails please.

Any Prizes? Dunno yet, I need to ask Posh 'Ling. Fingers crossed.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Actually it was £200 and I'm looking forward to the show just a pity I cant be in the studio with you guys.

As an Everton fan, i'll be rooting for Tim Howard and Landon Donovan tonight :):):)

talking of heroes (ironside???), you sir are everyones hero.

oh and can you remember taking your grandson to the 1950 World Cup when England last played USA at world cup final??? I cant rememberr the score but a similar scoreline will do nicely

That is all :)

PLOP!
  • edited June 2010

Yes - SWMBO says we can have "a few" T-o-T Entries to give away.

Deffo 2 or 3 for "best, "most creative" or whatever, cash game plays we spot.

And if we get a decent footie-related e-Mail or two, one can go for that, too.

And 'Ling insists we give one away for any Motorway Service Station or Motorway related e-Mails.

NOTE - Not all of these statements may be entirely true.
  • edited June 2010
    Ling also told me on the phone that if you insult jaegerplopdonkfishluckboxbomb then your job is on the line :)

As a side issue, will Lisa-Marie be showing her support for England by wearing the full England kit???
  • edited June 2010
    Contrary to what is believed by many women, a man can multitask !

I will be watching the GP qualifying, Doctor Who and the football. But I will also play a couple of tournies and have the show on in a corner of my laptop. Tikay and LML can be better than Morecambe and Wise.

I may also find a few moments to join Jaegerplop on a cash table !

Tony

• edited June 2010
    Hmmmmmmmmm

There is definitely some "creativity" being shown in some of the above posts.....

Penguin you have a "Y" Chromosome... There's absolutely NO way you can multi task ;-D

There's gna be mischief this evening!
  • edited June 2010
    Oh and I also failed to mention that due to my work I have a pretty good knowledge of motorway service stations, UK and European.

Maybe Ling could come up with a question or two?

Did you know that in the majority of German motorway service stations they charge you 50c to spend a penny? You do get a voucher for 50c that you can use against a cup of coffee. Problem is that the coffee is almost 3 euros !

However you do get a revolving selfcleaning toilet seat for your money.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Football tonight, or LML?:
    Ling also told me on the phone that if you insult jaegerplopdonkfishluckboxbomb then your job is on the line :) As a side issue, will Lisa-Marie be showing her support for England by wearing the full England kit???
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    No, we are obliged by OFCOM & Sky Poker to be wholly "neutral", so as not to offend our non-English viewers. So if she does, I'll ask her to get it off.
  • edited June 2010
    One eye on the Footy, One eye on the Computer and the Other eye on LML is my plan.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Football tonight, or LML? : No, we are obliged by OFCOM & Sky Poker to be wholly "neutral", so as not to offend our non-English viewers. So if she does, I'll ask her to get it off.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL Three cheers for Mr Tikay!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Oh and I also failed to mention that due to my work I have a pretty good knowledge of motorway service stations, UK and European. Maybe Ling could come up with a question or two? Did you know that in the majority of German motorway service stations they charge you 50c to spend a penny? You do get a voucher for 50c that you can use against a cup of coffee. Problem is that the coffee is almost 3 euros ! However you do get a revolving selfcleaning toilet seat for your money.
    Posted by penguin7
    lol this is genius, the more you drink their "discounted" coffee at 2.50 euros, the more you need to pee, and the more discounted coffee you drink because you think your getting a bargain!

gotta love the Germans! GENIUS!
  • edited June 2010
    Oh and I also failed to mention that due to my work I have a pretty good knowledge of motorway service stations, UK and European. Maybe Ling could come up with a question or two? Did you know that in the majority of German motorway service stations they charge you 50c to spend a penny? You do get a voucher for 50c that you can use against a cup of coffee. Problem is that the coffee is almost 3 euros ! However you do get a revolving selfcleaning toilet seat for your money.
    Posted by penguin7

I'll look one up just for you Tony - For all those eagerly anticipating more motorway and service station questions - let me give you fair warning.... The subject does nothing for me....

However, WSOP gossip and bizarre pet stories - well then you've got my full attention ;-D
  • edited June 2010
    Good luck tonight David...................I may try and do battle ;)

Gonna have footie on the TV and LML on the internet stream - best of both worlds then!
  • edited June 2010
    Good luck tonight David...................I may try and do battle ;)Gonna have footie on the TV and tikay on the internet stream - best of both worlds then!
    Posted by phil12uk
    FYP.
  • edited June 2010

Question - what is nearer to Plopper's home town of Elgin, in Scotland - London. or Stavenger, in Norway? 
  • edited June 2010
    Hope you and Lisa are going to perform your new disco routine to start the show then Tikay

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Football tonight, or LML? : FYP.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL. Is watching u on the internet like straying onto one of those channels that show VERY MATURE people? ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry footy all the way tonight, good luck with tongihts show tho and good luck on the grind jaeger
  • edited June 2010
    Stavanger by over 100 miles
  • edited June 2010
    Question - what is nearer to Plopper's home town of Elgin, in Scotland - London. or Stavenger, in Norway?  
    Posted by Tikay10

id say norway.
  • edited June 2010

now have 2 tellys in same room so will be watching LML & Footy while playing cash tables
  • edited June 2010
    Just entered 4p / 8p table with £3.50 , got up to £22.67

whats the ROI please
  • edited June 2010

I'd guess Norway was closer too which probably somehow explains quite a bit about Jaeger :-) I'll be Dr Who'ing, footie and watching the show of course, this of course means I'll be cross eyed later so apologies now for my moves and grooves!

Have a great show both and some footie anecdotes would be good, I'm sure you forum peeps know lots!
  • edited June 2010
    Just entered 4p / 8p table with £3.50 , got up to £22.67 whats the ROI please
    Posted by MadHorse
    ROI = 547.7%   Nicely done!!
  • edited June 2010
    Good to see a fellow Doctor Who fan. I was never into it when I was a kid but became addicted recently since Russell Davies and Steven Moffat got involved in the writing and production.

Still undecided about Matt Smith, he has a hard act to follow after David Tennant. But Karen Gillan is hot !

Any other fans out there with views on their favourite Doctor/episode ? Mine is probably Blink.

• edited June 2010
    If I can get all these kids ''put down'' by 8.30 I might just have a bash at some cash with ploppy.

Or ........ SWMBO might let me watch the footie and play ploppy. 

It really is a dog's life.
  • edited June 2010
    Ling also told me on the phone that if you insult jaegerplopdonkfishluckboxbomb then your job is on the line :) As a side issue, will Lisa-Marie be showing her support for England by wearing the full England kit???
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    I think one of those 'painted-on' football kits would be just fine.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Football tonight, or LML?:
    Well it's THAT match tonight, & the hype is getting super-heavy, & if I hear one more word about it, I think I'll scream. I'm well up for the World Cup, & want Engerland to do well, but hype-saturation point has been breached, & I'd rather like to get the first match out of the way. Meanwhile, the Show goes on, & I've been gifted tonight's Show, my first with LML for what seems an age. It's a real Girl-Power night in fact, with Posh 'Ling & Mandy in the Producer's chairs, so I'll be right under the thumb. It begins at 8pm, when, let's be honest, Live viewership will be "adversely impacted" by football matters, but the Show probz gets more views from repeats than the Live version, so we'll be on our game as much as we are able. We have an Online & Phone-In version of The Grind, beginning at 8.30pm, which will feature that very special Community Member (the only one ever to donate a £100 Freeroll to his Community friends?) Mr JaegerLuckBoxDonkeyPlop. He will be roaring on England, I'm quite sure. Not. By an odd coincidence, Plopper & I are mutual friends, pre-dating Sky Poker by a very long way, of a most special man who goes by the name of Ironside, & lives in Elgin, quite near to Chez Plop. Iron has had a bit of  challenging life. First he broke his neck, then, later, his back, & he's been in a wheelchair for most of his adult life. Proper hero of mine, & we may swap a few Ironside stories tonight. Plopper will be on one of the £50p-£1 MasterCash Tables, either MC 11 or MC 12. We'll do several phone-ins with him between 8pm & 11pm. The Show will be Live from 8pm until Midnight, and the last hour, from 11pm until Midnight, will be 100% non-stop "Top of the Pots". One hopes that LML does not get too excited by the crash-bang wallop action, as Orford so often does. Keep calm LML, it's only a game..... We'll also, for the first time ever I think, be relaying up to the minute, "in-running" odds on the football, from our colleagues at Sky Bet. So LML's extensive knowledge of football & betting will be displayed to the max. e-mails? Yes please! skyopen@bskyb.com . Subjects? Football, the Motorways & Motorway Service Stations in the UK (a particularly Hot Topic right now), anything you want, in fact. We are gonna be lonely otherwise. So yes, plenty of e-Mails please. Any Prizes? Dunno yet, I need to ask Posh 'Ling. Fingers crossed.
    Posted by Tikay10
    OH. DEAR. GOD. NO.
  • edited June 2010
    all the sharks are out tonight.............must be a BIG BIG fish out there.

and lol aaron you have to lower the tone
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    value town ??
  • edited June 2010
    Can,t miss the match but will be keeping an eye on 865

Arrrrgggghhhh - just seen line up -  donkey feet up dront

Question for LML

Do you agree with Cappelos line up of playing Emile heskey up front with Rooney (even tho he prefers playing up front on his own )  or would you leave him out and put Gerard in behind Rooney, therefore solving the problem of Lampard and gerard being able to play togethor as they could both get forward with an extra player to hold the midfield togethor?