You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

T-o-T becomes a REBUY?

13»

Comments

• edited June 2010

Hi Guys,

I've been a little distracted by some other matters, so my apologies for not getting back onto this thread sooner.

All your comments are noted, thank you. I'm not sure all my comments have been noted, though, as I did stress that the existing T-o-T as we came to know it - the Freezeout version - will continue, come what may, albeit under, quite probably, a different name.

As to the T-o-T Rebuy, I was particularly taken by the responses by Dohh & Elsa, both of whom seemed, I would aver, to have judged it "just so". I'm not a Rebuy man by nature or inclination, but the structure of this Tourney is such that the Rebuy version will never turn into a shovefest, & the rebuy ratio will be quite small. But absolutely - absolutely - most players are in one camp or the other, with very few being ambivelant on the subject. And there's nothing wrong with that.

It's a matter of "watch this space" in the next 24 or 48 hours as to detail, but, as promised, Sky Poker WILL retain & improve upon the existing T-o-T Freezeout. It will do this as follows.....

1) The T-o-T on Fridays will be the advertised new-style Limited Rebuy. This Friday's field will probably struggle to reach treble figures - or even double figures! - as it clashes with the next England World Cup match. I asked Mr Capello & the nice peeps at FIFA to re-schedule the game to avoid clashing with my tourney, but I've yet to be favoured with the courtesy of a reply. I'm not optimistic, so we shall have to go go head-to-head on Friday evening, & see who wins. (Robert Green has indicated that he may well be available to play T-o-T). But after the World Cup ends, & beyond, I intend to do everything I can to promote this Tourney.  

2) A re-badged version of the original T-o-T WILL remain, EXACTLY as is, & it WILL be a Freezeout. But instead of the single £5.50 version, there will be, on three different evenings, three versions - one each at £2.20, £5.50, & £11.

For those that relish what I would call "more playable" structures, I can put my hand on my heart & say these will be just perfect, & I'm utterly delighted that we will now have a beautifully structured, scheduled, series of Tourneys, with the choice between Freezeout & Rebuy, & with the Freezeout version being available to a far wider section of the Sky Poker players via the three buy-in levels.

More details soon, but the Tourneys have already been "built" by the boffins, & will start next week. As with the original version, I will be working hard to promote all of them. And by "promote", I don't just mean within, & on, Sky Poker, I mean everywhere, including FB & Twitter, as I did with the "Mark 1" version, (which certainly boosted the field sizes) because I believe these Tourneys will help to attract more players to Sky Poker.

So, something for everyone, in fact. Well almost everyone.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: T-o-T becomes a REBUY?:
     After discussion with other forum deepstack players and doing some research online ,  i have decided not to play this take on tikay mmmm deepstack .  pity really it was the best value fiver game on skypoker .  from my research online concerning rebuy mtts , the experts recommend don't enter these unless you plan to rebuy 5 times and the buy back in has no rake on it . in my opinion i believe it will turn this deepstack in to a turbo mtt .  
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    It remains on the schedule, exactly as before, just on a different evening, so I hope to see you in it.

I'm not sure what "experts" you consulted, Dennis, but if they suggested that 5 Rebuys would be needed, then I suggest their understanding of Rebuys with this particular sort of structure is, how shall I phrase this, "somewhat flawed". Refer to Dohhh' Post, please. In any Event, the Rebuy version is a LIMITED rebuy, & 5 Rebuys would not be permitted.
  • edited June 2010

ty tk you know i think your a topman but ,

with rake on  buy back ins be charged,

new players wont come here to skypoker.

they will go to other sites and just pay rake once on rebuy mtts and

play there !

charging once for rake seems to be the way to go !

• edited June 2010
      ty tk you know i think your a topman but ,  with rake on  buy back ins be charged,  new players wont come here to skypoker.  they will go to other sites and just pay rake once on rebuy mtts and play there ! charging once for rake seems to be the way to go !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Yes, quite possibly. As I wrote last week, that's the very essence of a free market - players have the choice, & they will exercise it as they so wish. In doing so, I'm sure they'll carefully weigh both the positives & negatives of playing on Sky Poker.

But I hope you are pleased that the Freezeout version remains, exactly as was, with a wider range of buy-in levels, which will suit more players. 
  • edited June 2010
    getting a bit confusicated. will the extra touries still have the famous/infamous Tikay brand name, or will there be a catchy new one??
    for me it would be easier to find if Tikay had his name appended to the tournies as it would then tell me whick are the tournies i find most interesting.
  • edited June 2010
    getting a bit confusicated. will the extra touries still have the famous/infamous Tikay brand name, or will there be a catchy new one?? for me it would be easier to find if Tikay had his name appended to the tournies as it would then tell me whick are the tournies i find most interesting.
    Posted by lozgo
    We are still wrestling with that one Mr Lozgo, & it's not easy to decide, for a variety of reasons. "Whatever works best" is my view. I don't have any ego issues here, I just want to see these Tourneys be well received, &, personally, I think the name is just "detail", but I do agree, a "sexy" or "catchy" Title helps. Which rules out the second "T" in T-o-T I guess.;)

But I think we have found an interesting way to resolve it. Watch this space, please. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: T-o-T becomes a REBUY? : We are still wrestling with that one Mr Lozgo, & it's not easy to decide, for a variety of reasons. "Whatever works best" is my view. I don't have any ego issues here, I just want to see these Tourneys be well received, &, personally, I think the name is just "detail", but I do agree, a "sexy" or "catchy" Title helps. Which rules out the second "T" in T-o-T I guess.;) But I think we have found an interesting way to resolve it. Watch this space, please. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think the the fact that you play in the tot on firdays helps double the field, will you be playing in any of the new freezeout versions?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: T-o-T becomes a REBUY? : We are still wrestling with that one Mr Lozgo, & it's not easy to decide, for a variety of reasons. "Whatever works best" is my view. I don't have any ego issues here, I just want to see these Tourneys be well received, &, personally, I think the name is just "detail", but I do agree, a "sexy" or "catchy" Title helps. Which rules out the second "T" in T-o-T I guess.;) But I think we have found an interesting way to resolve it. Watch this space, please. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    We could change it to T-I-T I'm sure everyone would want a bit of that action?

Tikays-Ichthyology-Tourney (obviously)

;)

You're welcome.

x
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: T-o-T becomes a REBUY? : We could change it to T-I-T I'm sure everyone would want a bit of that action? Tikays-I chthyology-Tourney (obviously) ;) You're welcome. x
    Posted by Lisa_Long
    You swallowed a dictionary?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: T-o-T becomes a REBUY? : I think the the fact that you play in the tot on firdays helps double the field, will you be playing in any of the new freezeout versions?
    Posted by 35suited
    Thanks Gareth. Several people have suggested the same thing, & I'm grateful & flattered, but I'm not sure it's true. What does help is that I devote a great deal of time "off the Site" & on it, drumming up runners for them.

In fact, that very question is the sticking block right now as to the Tourney Titles. I'm not fussed either way, but Suit 1 thinks my "name" would help, & Suit 2 thinks the same, but feels I could or would not commit, or be able to commit, to playing them all.

I have said I would try to play ALL of them. I've only ever missed 2 of the "tikay Sleepies" in over a year, (both times outwith my control) & I'm prepared to commit to these new Tourneys for a minimum of 3 months to help jump-start them. Staying at home & playing Poker Tourneys 5 nights per week is not exactly a hardship, after all! I'm quite sure I would manage a 90%+ "attendance" record.

But look at it another way. Firstly, the other Presenters have their own PTP nights, & I don't wish to tread on their territory on their nights. In addition, I'm quite sure that if the (let's call them for the moment) ToTy2, T0Ty5 & ToTy10 were badged & supported by them, say, "The Lisa-Maria Love-a-Long", or "for Richer, for Poorer" (or even "Poor-Rich"?.....) then the support they would get would be far greater than I could ever attract. Both are, I'm given to understand, younger than me, & arguably more attractive. The difference is that they all have careers to pursue, including elsewhere, so it limits their "non-Tourney" revving up time, whereas with my sell-by-date long expired, I can spend more time on the prep work, FB, Twitter etc, trying to drum up runners.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: T-o-T becomes a REBUY? : We could change it to T-I-T I'm sure everyone would want a bit of that action? Tikays-I chthyology-Tourney (obviously) ;) You're welcome. x
    Posted by Lisa_Long

t -i -t  pmsl trust you  lisa lol !

ty tk for your response here's to watching this space n1 topman !