You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Revive the CLINIC!!!

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    well I have posted a bit of a mix..some i won..some i lost..some i maybe didnt get the right value out of etc as I am a total beginner as far as cash is concerned.
    I'd like opinions and i don't care if what I am trying to say comes out sounding stupid as I am still trying to learn.
    I was playing DYM's so changing to cash means losing a lot of the pushing and aggression - I will get there on my own if I have to because I am determined to learn more and re-adjust my game as I am currently still making lots of mistakes on the lowest level but I think having different opinions would help me expand my knowledge more.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Revive the CLINIC!!!:
    well I have posted a bit of a mix..some i won..some i lost..some i maybe didnt get the right value out of etc as I am a total beginner as far as cash is concerned. I'd like opinions and i don't care if what I am trying to say comes out sounding stupid as I am still trying to learn. I was playing DYM's so changing to cash means losing a lot of the pushing and aggression - I will get there on my own if I have to because I am determined to learn more and re-adjust my game as I am currently still making lots of mistakes on the lowest level but I think having different opinions would help me expand my knowledge more.
    Posted by BananaDog

this is the attitude to have!!!

the more you post, talk discuss, ask questions the better you will get. 

gl at the tables.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Beaneh...feel free to come and pick apart my hands/play in the clinic, I won't take anything to heart honest! (box of tissues ready)
    x
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Beaneh...feel free to come and pick apart my hands/play in the clinic, I won't take anything to heart honest! (box of tissues ready) x
    Posted by BananaDog

I hope to hell you have hayfever !!!! LOL
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Dohhhh. I visit the Poker Clinic on a regular basis as reading the posts does help my own game. Unfortunately however, I do not consistantly play text book poker, so I tend not to give my opinion on many of the posts. I hear people say pocket 7's or Pocket 5's is an insta fold to a 3 or 4 x BB raise and I feel like pulling my hair out, cause its not always an insta fold in my opinion, it really all depends on the read you have on players on your table, stack sizes, gut instinct and so forth. Although I do feel I could bring another view to the argument, I think I would be pretty quickly dressed down by the more experienced players that visit the clinic. I really do like the clinic and enjoy all the posts but yes I feel it's very intimidating place to give your opinion, which is why I only read them, however, if other players could respect the opinions (Right or Wrong) of the less experienced players then I would give it a go.  Pokertrev.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Let's stir this up a bit.
    In my opinion 55 or 77 is HARDLY EVER an insta fold to a 3 or 4 x BB raise at low takes cash. Same goes for early to mid stages of a MTT, unless you have a good read on the villain and he only raises with high PP.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Revive the CLINIC!!! : Let's stir this up a bit. In my opinion 55 or 77 is HARDLY EVER an insta fold to a 3 or 4 x BB raise at low takes cash. Same goes for early to mid stages of a MTT, unless you have a good read on the villain and he only raises with high PP.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Defo in cash as you can stack easily if you hit set. In deep stacks MTT's I probably wouldn't call 3-4x once I have less than 50 BB's but depends on if there's callers before me.