You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Paying a multiple rake in rebuy tournaments

13»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    It's a sad fact that most of the people playing and rebuying either
    a) presume the rebuys aren't raked
    b) Aren't aware that it's not normal to ever rake rebuys.

Either way, i think it's a very poor show by Sky

Supply & demand isnt the issue here for the above A&B reasons.

Also, I think tikays profit example is misleading as most folks will just be adding the extra rake on top of their normal losses....... if someone plays 2 x £10 rebuys/week and averages 7 rebuys/week incl adons he'll be paying sky £364/year for absolutely nothing!

It's peoples naive ignorance thats costing them money and Sky shouldn't prey on them.
    Instead they should cancel rebuy rake as is industry standard and make it fair.  Not only will this keep the site and rebuys well populted..... it will also preserve Sky's good name (which is rapidly degrading in my eyes.)

If they are sneaking this tax upon us it also makes us wonder (me anyway) what else they are trying to lever away from us...... ???
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Paying a multiple rake in rebuy tournaments:
           It's also the only Cardroom I know of that provides a 24/7 TV Channel, & many other unique features.       
    Surely it's in Sky's best interest to have 24 hr looped and recorded TV?  Otherwise they wouldn't have had it until now surely?  I don't think it can be used as a counterweight for justifying rebuy rake.
  • edited June 2010
    I fully agree with Cottlad's "A&B"

There'll be quite a few folk who only play on line poker on Sky as part of their overall Sky account (bingo vegas etc) playing for a bit of fun and presuming that whilst with Sky they are getting a decent deal.

If Sky are content with that then it's all a bit distasteful that's all.

If on the other hand sky are a bit short this month paying the presenters' wages maybe they could arrange a whip round. I wouldn't like to think that Sarah (random example) is going hungry.
  • edited July 2010
    cough...   :))