You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - What's your record for consecutive cashes?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Just completed my 13th consecutive cash in the £5 DYM and it got me wondering what everyone elses record is?

Comments

• edited June 2010

great going that mate,think you can check the records on sharkscope,btw whats the fish,is it a carp?cant see it properly.
  • edited June 2010

Cheers, The fish is a Barbel.

Yeah, Scope confirmed the exact number, as I wasn't too sure as it's been over a week or so of play.

• edited June 2010
    looks like a barble by the way 9 is mine,well done m8. 
  • edited June 2010
    According to my Sharkscope im somewhere between 12 and 15 wont show me the exact number, although permission granted to anyone who can understand this better than me to tell me exactly.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM - What's your record for consecutive cashes?:
    According to my Sharkscope im somewhere between 12 and 15 wont show me the exact number, although permission granted to anyone who can understand this better than me to tell me exactly.
    Posted by The_Don90
    According to Sharkscope it's 12 on DYM's
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM - What's your record for consecutive cashes? : According to Sharkscope it's 12 on DYM's
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    Thanks, it looked to me like it was just past the 12 mark, but then it wasnt that good a graph id managed to get up.
  • edited June 2010
    Congrats on your current form.
  • edited June 2010
    Well done mate on a good roll.

Is sharkscope any good?
    1st time i have ever looked at it. lol

I have a wee shark next to my name :) lol
  • edited June 2010
    Well done mate on a good roll. Is sharkscope any good? 1st time i have ever looked at it. lol I have a wee shark next to my name :) lol
    Posted by stuza
    Yeah I think its very useful.

I've used it in the past to analysis all the different types of games and entries fees I was paying to see which returned me the highest ROI so I could concentrate all my efforts on that format. I would suggest you play 500 games plus before you read too much into otherwise one off big results can distort you figures.

I also find useful it against players on here, particularly if they seem to be getting involved with a lot of pots and doing a lot of calling in poor positions before lumping all in after the next card to see if they're clueless fish or smart players using an aggressive call, raise, tactic. It's amazing what the difference can be between two players who play a couple of hands in an odd manner, so far I've seen it done by people with a 15% plus ROI and clearly are using to unsettle other players to absolute planks who are running at -60% who clearly ain't got a clue. I can then adjust my tactics accordingly.
  • edited June 2010
    Cool mate, sounds good.
    will give it a try

I normally play DYMs as well with odd tournaments thrown in. receantly cashed in one for 243 quid which was a good boost but took a small break the now with my dad not well and my wedding coming up in less than 4 weeks, thought would keep good bankroll for when my head is clear.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishrover has had a couple of superb 20+ DYM runs. Sure he said that you need to hit around 24 to get on the Sharkscope leader board thingmebob.
  • edited June 2010
    btw, I have managed "1" on several occasions.
  • edited June 2010
    UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
     g      439$1  $8  -4%$484  -62Sky Poker x
    j      922-$1  $9  -12%-$950  Tilt52Sky Poker x
    m         811-$1  $3  -9%-$619  -53Sky Poker x
    r_         1,754$0  $2  -2%-$141  -58Sky Poker x
    silver8ack         1,831$0  $1  11%$681  -66Sky Poker x
    i do not understand sharkscope can some one explian it to a stupid old man please ?
    hope its ok to put this up here . this was taken with all games  ty all
  • edited June 2010
    hi all just checked sharkscope site out.
    and it only counts for s and g tourny's, so in all fiarness it is usless as some people only play cash games so ther ranking on site and go might bad but does not mean there a bad player just that they do not play s and g games.
    i personally will take no notice of it as it is not that accurate when judging other players.
  • edited June 2010
    Silver Back is spot on as I only play Cash now and am more than happy to have sharkscope make me look poor
    Im surprised more players dont use Sky for the fact no traker software works with it.

Keep Smiling
    HAL-9000
  • edited June 2010
    Silverback, to a certian extent I disagree with you there. 

You're right that it does only sample SNG's and tournaments, but by and large, if your a losing S'n'G and Tournament player then you're probably a losing cash player too*.

*I'll accept that there maybe one or two players who play cash 99% and then try and satelite into major events for a coupld of dollars which might look at bit ropey on Shark Scope, but other than if you can't beat people in front of you on a table of six when the chips have only a nominal value then I fail to see how you could beat a table of six because the chips have a cash amount.  
  • edited June 2010
    Silverback, to a certian extent I disagree with you there.  You're right that it does only sample SNG's and tournaments, but by and large, if your a losing S'n'G and Tournament player then you're probably a losing cash player too*. *I'll accept that there maybe one or two players who play cash 99% and then try and satelite into major events for a coupld of dollars which might look at bit ropey on Shark Scope, but other than if you can't beat people in front of you on a table of six when the chips have only a nominal value then I fail to see how you could beat a table of six because the chips have a cash amount.  
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    i certanly agree with what your saying ace and am not saying that sharkscope is not of any use.
     but what i am saying is that you can not compare a sng player to a cash table player as it is 2 differant styles of play, so a good cashh player might of cashed in 100s of £ pounds but yet only lost a few quid on sng so it would not give a complete profile of that player and rank him as a low player. yet in true terms he would be a very good player .
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM - What's your record for consecutive cashes? : i certanly agree with what your saying ace and am not saying that sharkscope is not of any use.  but what i am saying is that you can not compare a sng player to a cash table player as it is 2 differant styles of play, so a good cashh player might of cashed in 100s of £ pounds but yet only lost a few quid on sng so it would not give a complete profile of that player and rank him as a low player. yet in true terms he would be a very good player .
    Posted by silver8ack
    I agree completely that there's a distinct difference between the two, and that some one could be very profitable in one format and only reasonably in the other, due to subtles between the two styles. 

However I can't see some one being a loser player in one format and highly successful in the other.
  • edited June 2010
    14th and 15th now completed.
  • edited June 2010
    Silverback, to a certian extent I disagree with you there.  You're right that it does only sample SNG's and tournaments, but by and large, if your a losing S'n'G and Tournament player then you're probably a losing cash player too*. *I'll accept that there maybe one or two players who play cash 99% and then try and satelite into major events for a coupld of dollars which might look at bit ropey on Shark Scope, but other than if you can't beat people in front of you on a table of six when the chips have only a nominal value then I fail to see how you could beat a table of six because the chips have a cash amount.  
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    LOL
  • edited June 2010
    14th and 15th now completed.
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    I think you will reach 29 before the night is out.
  • edited June 2010
    Good going ACE_RAGE - keep it going. Think I did twenty-odd during 2009.... I forget, everything's a blurrrrrrrr (that's like a dohhhhhhh but slightly more drunk)

• edited June 2010
    16th & 17th completed,

17th was lucky though as I kind of had to make a stand with 10J suited in my BB with 50% of my chips in the blind and hit the flush against a rag ace who had a similar stack.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to DYM - What's your record for consecutive cashes?:
    Just completed my 13th consecutive cash in the £5 DYM and it got me wondering what everyone elses record is?
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    13 for me too. Back in the days when I was halfway decent....in April 2009.
  • edited June 2010
    gl and keep it going ace £190 not a bad days work lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to DYM - What's your record for consecutive cashes? : 13 for me too. Back in the days when I was halfway decent....in April 2009.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I see you conveniently missed out the bit soon after wards when you lost 9 in a row ( a record surely) :)

• edited June 2010
    Posted by ACE_RAGE

The reason you "Fail" to see is this
    A sit n go lasts about 30 to 60 mins 
    I sit at a cash table for 4 to 6 hours maybe not playing a hand for 30 mins
    This is not a "subtle" difference it is a major reason why I make money at cash and the reason i dont play mtt or stt because i am Never under pressure to play a hand.
    Hope that helps explain a little.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• edited June 2010

Hal

Don't take this the wrong way as I'm not having a go but doesn't that kind of prove my point?

With all due respect but anyone can make money if they're limiting themselves to only super premium hands? Ultimately if we were on the same cash table I'd probably pick up on your rock like play and simple not get involved with you when you did have a hand you wanted to play and ultimately get paid on. In the meanwhile you'd have to cope with me consistently stealing your blind for 29 mins. The ability to be creative, as well being able to extract value when you do have hands is all part of the skill set a great player has over a good one. By limiting to yourself how are you improving even if you are being profitable?

PS run came to an end after winning my 18th in a row..... Kind of feel relieved its over as it was getting to be a bit of a monkey on my back. Went out in style too!! me A5, villian K8, Flop comes KK8 lol

• edited June 2010
    been doing a bit of an experiment this mnth playing hu on this and another site with 40 quid  at the start of the mnth on each. had a good day yesterday won 13 outta 15 and still on a run of 9.  busto on 1 site and about 300 up on the other. question; should i carry on at that level£20 (5 min blinds) or move up to 30. heart says 1 thing, head says another!!
  • edited June 2010
    Rage, I know we are discussing this and not falling out so dont worry about that.
    1stly I am really sorry the end came so soon. see if you can beat it now

Back to the debate.
    Dont mean this in a bad way but your showing your ignorance here buy assuming i am only playing super premium hands!
    you can sit for 2 hours at a cash table and for one reason or another not be involved in a hand. Its so far removed from sit n goes its like playing two completely different games. 
    But lets say we are playing cash 
    Im a 99% cash player (10 handed usually) so the blinds are usually £2 and £2 on a ten handed table thats about £8 in 30 mins and I will have looked at about 20 hands Now because the blinds never go up then they aint really worth stealing unless you have a hand to steal them with.
    I will play a larger range then you because I have the time to pick and choose when i play my hands, I can play hands where it would make sense for you to fold to ladder up, or I can play a lot of hands because I expect the players to still be there in an hour it really all depends but I am never under pressure to make moves.
    I may have been sat for 30 mins with no hand then pick up 23suited and call a small raise then hit the flop now people will put me on high cards cos im a rock as you say.
    Or I may have good hands in good position and come out firing.
    The point is that in sit n gos you have to make moves, this is where the more action players will have an edge over the patient cash grinders like me.
    The reason I come to this conclusion and why i play cash games is because I thought to my self "how can I make money playing poker?"
    Am I really that good a player that I can enter a tournament of 1000 players and be confident enough to be in the top 10%
    Am I ever going to be one of the top 10% of poker players.
    The answer to both of those questions is an emphatic NO
    I dont know what you or most other poker players genuinely believe but once i realised that I set about looking for a way that I believed I could make money from poker
    In cash games It is totally different I have the patience to sit there let you steal some blinds, but i will also be putting pressure on when the time is right. not because the blinds are going up in a minute or two.

So to your point of limiting yourself and not improving well 3 years ago i was playing two pub tournys a week and winning those and taking a bit of cash afterwards then tried online tournys with no real results.
    About 18 months ago switched to 25/50 cash and started making profit.
    Anyone half decent can sit at the 25/50 cash tables and make a profit because thats where many of the people who put £50 or £100 into the account and go "right lets have a go at this then" again you just need to avoid the sharks and take the scraps which is what all the sharks are doing anyway its just a case of getting respect on the tables then grinding away.
    About 9 months ago i started playing live 3 nights a week on the £2 £2
    I am now playing the £2 / £5 once a week as well
    I have played that 3 times and cleared a tidy sum on each occasion 
    I am hoping to play the £5/£10 at dusk till dawn in the near future.
    So thats how I view and gauge my improvement. Nothing special nothing Super Nova just "reasonably" solid poker with a few lucky breaks in between and NO pressure from the blinds.
    I know in sit n gos sometimes you end up being all in with 2/3 os. the only time i remember that in a cash game was when i hit A45 on the flop.

Hope that helps clear it up from my point of view but feel free to discuss further.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000