You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight is the £220 BIGGIE!

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

It's the monthly £220 Sky Sports DS tonight. And Mr Run Good gets to do the Live Show which covers it, work with Sarah, & do the commentary on a really great Tourney. How good do I run?

Despite the lovely weather, & football, which has a massive effect on Online poker, I'm pretty sure it will reach it's max of 50.

If you fancy a crack at it on the cheap, there are 1 in 5 super sats to it every half hour today, & they feed into the 5pm Semi-Final, which is also a 1 in 5 affair. Details are in the SATELLITE section of the Tourney lobby.

The registered players as of 10am this morning are.....

banjo5184000BLADES8494000ChirpyChip4000cookie834000DrMarbles4000FINS4000gadgerno14000GW2794000JAEGERBOMB4000lee14000ljb19894000mogsy19574000penguin74000phil12uk4000Sandez894000Seaspirit4000SHY-BOY4000SLICKSI4000trevil254000trundle4000WAINBARBER4000

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Wish i could be trying for this :(
    Hate back shift at work or would have tried to sat into it :(
  • edited June 2010

For a bit of fun, here's a teaser.

Name the 1-2 - in CORRECT order - for tonight's £220 DS, & you'll get FREE ENTRY to all four T-o-T's next week. (Monday £2.20, Tuesday £11, Wednesday £5.50, Friday £5.50, = £24.20).

Name the 1-2 in EITHER order (a reverse forecast, sort of), & you get entry into ANY ONE of those 4, & you can choose which one. (Naming the £11-er may NOT necessarily be the most cost-effective!). If you win the "correct order" prize, you can't win this one.

It's the FIRST CORRECT answer which wins. Obviously, the later you enter, (given players will register later), the better chance you will have. And the earlier you answer, the better chance you will get, too. ;) 

You choose.

The Free Entry Comp closes at 7pm, as I need to print the thread off to validate entries, & I will be Offline from 7.15pm onwards.

Handy hint - keep an eye on those Satellites, to see who is trying to bink a seat. Better still, bink one yourself.
  • edited June 2010
    I'll get in early with Jaegerbomb 1st and Penguin7 2nd.

Thanks

Steve

• edited June 2010

i will go for

1.  FINS
    2.  phil12uk

good luck

regards
    aussie09

• edited June 2010
    I'll go for the rematch betwween cookie83 and penguin7----- penguin to win this time--- gl lads

• edited June 2010
    Great comp!! Can't go wrong with 2 forum regulars and 2 thoroughly nice chaps

1: Penguin7
    2. Phil12_uk

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    I will guess

1. Penguin7
    2. JAEGERBOMB

JC
  • edited June 2010

1. Gadgerno1
    2. DrMarbles
  • edited June 2010
    Well I will wait to see the rest of the entries before making my forecast.

But from those in so far, here are some I will definitely be keeping an eye on...

CHIRPYCHIP... he seems to make a habit of appearing on my table with a huge chipstack.

JAEGERBOMB... in redhot form at the moment

COOKIE83....not just his Primo win but has started turning up at the sharp end of many tournies

PHIL12UK.... the luckiest man on Sky Poker ( only joking, Phil! )

WAINBARBER...doesnt play much on here, but a gooood player

SANDEZ89....a hard guy to read

FINS.... a nice guy and an underestimated tourny player

I could go on for ever here,as expected a top quality field already.

• edited June 2010
    i'll have a punt at

1/ cookie83
    2/DrMarbles

good luck to all
  • edited June 2010
    penguin 7 1st fins 2nd
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight is the £220 BIGGIE!:

ha nice 1 dohhhhhhh, you'll be soon playing in these buddy the way your going.

love this torney

best o luck to everyone tonight

gadge
  • edited June 2010

obviously hope i run well tonight, and beat last months place -)

I find every player to be good in this torney

but if not meself il go for

1st, phil "is that another set ive hit" 12uk
    2nd, penguin7
  • edited June 2010
    the last £10 sat start a 3.05 c if we can get 5 runners 4 it
  • edited June 2010

Runners are starting to populate the Satellites for this. The Last Chance Semi-Final is at 5pm, & only has 1 runner at the mo.

I completely forgot about the Tourney, to be honest, what with the World Cup, & the weather, & stuff. Eye off ball & all that.

Last month, it had even less at this stage, but it maxed out with minutes to spare. Poker players like to leave their options open until the last minute!

Either way, the Guarantee is set at £8,000, & that won't change, so maybe it's time for a visit to Overlay City.

They also have a £7,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter priced at £22, kicking off at exactly the same time, so that means there is £15,000 worth of Guarantee on the line at 8pm. Not sure I'd wanna be left holding that baby!

Can you imagine the scene at 8pm, as all the Suits peruse the Lobby, "will we get there, won't we get there".....

Kind of black humour, really, because that's real money, & I'm not sure I'd have been that brave if it were coming out of MY pocket!

• edited June 2010
    Was planning on having 1 attempt at the sats that ran every 30 minutes today, but not one of them has managed to run yet. 

Good luck to everyone who plays it, will have my guess a little later.

Gareth
  • edited June 2010
    and now there 4 in the the 3.05 one so if i registered it could run but got bloody school run
  • edited June 2010
    yer TK i tried promoting this yesterday, but with me been billy no mates on here

no one replied, -)

gadge
  • edited June 2010
    yer TK i tried promoting this yesterday, but with me been billy no mates on here no one replied, -) gadge
    Posted by gadgerno1
    Well done gadge, my bad, I missed the thread, sorry m8.

I'm quite sure it will fill. Ish.
  • edited June 2010
    No probs mate,

hope so, we all asked for it

and it really is one of the best torneys on sky

gadge
  • edited June 2010
    sorry, I'm not going to make any predictions as I'm going to be away for 3 weeks after tonight so cant win any prize!! :(:(:(

Just to wish all you guys luck.

Personally, I'd like to see 6 guys from the community on the FT and if I'm one of them thats an unexpected bonus.

Kinda freerolling tonight after last nights luckbox 4th, but dont know if thats a good or bad thing.

Good luck with the show Tikay
  • edited June 2010
    Going to be another quality tournament this. If you enjoyed watching Saturday night's Big Game on Master Cash, this is the MTT equivalent. Going to be on Sky Poker TV (Channel 865), so get set with a bag of popcorn/hit the record button on your Sky HD box and let's watch this lot get at each other! :)

Good luck all!
  • edited June 2010
    1st. penguin7
    2nd. gadgerno1
  • edited June 2010
    Ye Good Luck to all the guys entered to far!

Looks like a challenging field to me, but I just love the structure... can't wait!

I just hope I keep the trend going and pop onto Penguin's table with a large chip stack LOL!

Gl Everyone
  • edited June 2010
     my guess is phil12uk and penguin7 plz tk goodluck to all  
  • edited June 2010
    JAEGERBOMB then CHIRPYCHIP
  • edited June 2010

The ticker has started ticking at last.

Up to 22 in the Biggie now - oooooh! - with 3 in the 5pm Semi.

It'll be sold out by 6pm. Almost.
  • edited June 2010
    i think

jaegerbomb to win,,,runner up will be Fin.

cheers TK.

Paul.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm gonna go for;

1st SoLack
    2nd SHY-BOY

I just missed out on winning a seat in the LS freeroll, if I'd made it I'd be nailed on for 50th.
  • edited June 2010
    Good luck to everyone in this tonight. Will definately have to have a crack at this one of these days when i'm let out of the office at a decent hour. The buy in is a little out of my bankroll right now sadly so i'll have to try and sat into it (the Mrs told me to put that!) :-)