You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bust!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    unlucky mate, went busto playing hu on here ( only 40 quid mind) by the 14 of the mnth, yet turned 40 into £350 on another site playing hu. played the same way, same time of day, andup to that point the same amount of games. must be better hu players here!!! ps could you name the player who kicked your bottom so i can stay away from him/her. phil
  • edited June 2010
    Dohhhh get yourself on 888 and il send u $1 and we can start living the dream again
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bust!!!!:
    Dohhhh get yourself on 888 and il send u $1 and we can start living the dream again
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    +1
  • edited June 2010
    all part of the learning process, ive busted numerous large rolls before doing dumb stuff. Just got to learn from your mistakes. You definitely need time off though, worst thing you can do is get back aplyign again when your still thinking about your loss.
  • edited June 2010
    Why oh why does that title make me think of a red dress? ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Why oh why does that title make me think of a red dress? ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Barry you were such an innocent minded chap before you met us all, now look whats happened to you, *Sigh* :P
  • edited June 2010
    The sky team have alot to answer for IMO, they made this guy out to be a superhero for their own benefit. Having a "great player" on sky clearly benefited their TV show, so when he is out of his depth like anybody else he believes the hype.

Dohhh, your a good player, don 't give up, just don't believe the hype...losing that amount is going to happen if you want to play on a site that is attracting more and more players.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bust!!!! : Barry you were such an innocent minded chap before you met us all, now look whats happened to you, *Sigh* :P
    Posted by FlashFlush
    hehehehehehe
  • edited June 2010
    We need to get this in perspective.
    The thread title is just DOHHHHHHH being a drama queen.
    He is patently not bust; he has just had a few days where he has lost.

Even using the figures that he has quoted he is £3,200 in profit over two months, not even considering his profit over previous periods.

Most people who read these threads would be extremely happy to earn that much money after tax. To whine about winning that much money from playing a game that I assume he loves playing strikes me as poor.

Get a grip. If you have wasted your profit, it's difficult for most people to have any sympathy with you. If you still have it, you obviously aren't bust.

• edited June 2010
    Sorry to hear this from someone with such a passion and natural talent for the game! I have to agree with some other posts, though. Why on earth were you playing HU? Not your strongest game as I remember!!! Still, it's done now so no reason to dwell on it.

I've previously written on the forum about my fall from grace last year and so I know the feeling of losing your BR! It hurts but it happens....all too often, unfortunately!

Take time out, analyse your game and you will see where you've gone wrong or not as the case may be! And then come back and rip up the virtual baize again!

Good Luck on your return to the tables

Chris
  • edited June 2010
    Copycat

;o) xx
  • edited June 2010
    a bit harsh mere, there is a difference between bust and skint. i blew br on here last mnth, doesnt mean im skint. he may well have withdrawn and spent it on important things like wine women and song ( and in my case more wine) . great advice has been given by dohhh in the past and maybe now someone a little further up the tree can give him some to get him to the next level. ps if you wanna play hu when you get back dohhh give me a shout!! phil
  • edited June 2010

Not harsh Pod, some people are half right throughout this thread...all have made good points.

I don't work, (through choice) - I was making enough at poker to live - as well as boosting the bankroll, so Although I was spending money on real life stuff (taken from the poker br obv) - The roll was still going upwards.

Anyway - a bad week, and you realise how fragile this lifestyle can be.

I started imagining a bad month....or even a bad 6 months (as this is very possible apparently) - If that happened, despite using my nitty BR strategy, with outgoings etc, the lifestyle I have atm just wouldn't be sustainable. - Down the jobcentre for DOHH the monday after the WC final !!! aghh (-unless I win primo tonight:)

Anyway, I had £52 in the account as held funds (I didnt realise on friday or I wud have lost this too)

Spent £2.20 to qualify for tonights primo, had £20 on England this afternoon, and the rest, I just done here,.,..
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    pete_robo Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £28.38
    bensbird11 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £43.60
    paulsmcc Big blind  £0.30 £0.75 £11.70
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

LADBROKE Call  £0.30 £1.05 £34.49
    newman11 Fold     
    paulsmcc Raise  £0.30 £1.35 £11.40
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.40 £3.75 £29.64
    pete_robo Call  £2.25 £6.00 £26.13
    bensbird11 Fold     
    LADBROKE All-in  £34.49 £40.49 £0.00
    paulsmcc Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £29.64 £70.13 £0.00
    pete_robo Fold     
    LADBROKE Unmatched bet  £2.75 £67.38 £2.75
    LADBROKE Show
    • K
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

• A

LADBROKE Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s £65.58  £68.33
    £1.30 left, anymore £1 rebuy sats? haha

DOHH
  • edited June 2010
    when you get a chance, just deposite 100/200....or wait for the bonus day next month.

then 3 table 10nl...as you don't havea  job then you can dedicate a lot of time to this.

with your game you will be able to build fairly quickly, even at these small levels....if you manage to nick 3BIs/day at that level, whcih is very easy, after a month of grinding you will hvae well over a grand to then build from at the end of July.

if you are using poker income to live then it is essential that you become even more nitty with BR.  you really need to be looking at 50/100 BIs for the level you wanna play, so even for 25p/50p you need to have £5k behind you ideally.

• edited June 2010
    Boohoo you will have to get a job...

Welcome to the real world DOHHHHHHH!
  • edited June 2010
    My uncle Ernie who is a movie producer is looking for a new fluffer.

PM me Dohhhhhhh.
  • edited June 2010
    My uncle Ernie who is a movie producer is looking for a new fluffer. PM me Dohhhhhhh.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    lolol
  • edited June 2010
    if your playing poker as a job, keep at it as obv it is much funner than working! but tbh i think the steady income for many poker players is their rakeback, which sadly isn't on sky im not suggesting leaving sky as i think its the best and funnest to play! but if you want to make a steady and guaranteed income from poker instead of a job you should look further into the poker world before quitting, you'd be surprised by what's on offer lol
  • edited June 2010
    sorry to here mate, the offer still stands on the hu front!!! 
  • edited June 2010
    He's cashed at a minimum on Primo and running deep.

Luck with avoiding the job centre mate. I wish I had the choice.
  • edited June 2010
    BRM? :( ul, gl if u redeposit.
    take up a subscription at a training site rather than these forums. it's helped my game alot and moved me up alot.
  • edited June 2010
    Thought u had an account on PS, you havnt gone bust on ther aswell :(
  • edited June 2010
    JJ, If it makes you feel any better I've gone busto 3 TIMES over the weekend...yup reloaded thrice and busto thrice....I'm seriously considering having July off though I know this will never happen ;o)

BTW As well as going busto I had my first Royal Flush this weekend so it wasn't all bad beat city, though to be fair I was playing OUTRAGEOUSLY badly and TOTALLY ignored BRM so I have no-one else to blame but me! 

Chip up and chest out...You know you'll turn it around

x
  • edited June 2010
    Chip up and chest out...You know you'll turn it around x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Blimey.
  • edited June 2010
    sorry to here this jj!

have a break for a few days re load and keep to a tight br!!

i had a real bad night on here last thursday losing about 10% of my br.

if i hadnt stuck to the 5% rule i would of been bust too!

since then ive got most of what i lost back.

so id just say stick at it and you will build another roll in no time.