You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats Your Next Move?

Here is a hand from a 10 Handed Deepy - Whats Your Next Move?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx Small blind  40.00 40.00 9511.25
xxx Big blind  80.00 120.00 3765.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

xxxFold     
xxx Fold     
POKERTREV Raise  320.00 440.00 12775.00
Villain Raise  1040.00 1480.00 9111.25
xxx Fold     
xxx Fold     
xxx Fold     
xxx Fold     
POKERTREV Raise  1440.00 2920.00 11335.00
Villain Raise  3600.00 6520.00 5511.25
POKERTREV Call  2880.00 9400.00 8455.00
Flop

• K
  • J

POKERTREV Check     
Villain All-in  5511.25 14911.25 0.00

Comments

• edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    There's no way you can fold? Does the hand coming from 10 hand Deepstack really affect our thinking that much? If you're not getting it in pre because you want to see flop with no Ace (if you think they've got AA then you should've folded pre) you've got to love top set there? Flopped flush is unlikely but we can still fill up on later streets if needed so we're likely up against AA/QQ/AK (with big club) so it's nothing but fist pump, dance round laptop, all my Christmas and Birthday's have come at once call...?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats Your Next Move?:
    all in pre
    Posted by scotty77
    On a six handed table all-in pre would be my favoured option, however, with so many cards out on a 10 handed deepy there is always a strong possibility someone is sitting with AA, AQ, AK, QQ, JJ or even 1010 just waiting to call me, Ok I am still in good shape but, experience in a 10 handed deepy tells me unless I have a made up hand on the flop or turn I am most likely going to get binked out by an  Ace, set or even the flush.

my KK is not as strong in a 10 handed deepy pre-flop.
  • edited June 2010
    no brainer snap call,

the villain told me about this hand, and i know what he had and what the river brought

Just one of those coolers trev, no-one, however good they are can stop themselves going broke here.

Ok, you have no club outs, but you have FH outs, and i'd fancy that i was ahead here anyway on that flop.

I agree with you that there is no need to go all in pre, in this format with any hand except AA. But you are virtually comitted to the hand once you flat call the five bet so surely its best to get it all in here. (or fold pre if your that worried he has AA!!!)

But why are you even thinking about folding on that flop??? when the pot is already massive...

• edited June 2010
    Wasn't exactly thinking of folding hoggers, just wanted to know what others thought they would do.

I had made my mind up I was going to check shove on the flop as the re-raise over my re-raise pre-flop told me he had AA or QQ at best. Then his shove on the flop confirmed in my mind that he had AA so I wasn't too concerned about the flush unless he had Ac and binked another club.  
  • edited June 2010
    you have the 2nd best hand in NLHE and you have put in 30pc of ur stack in PF w tf.

and yes people can call with QQ/JJ/TT/AK but WE WANT THEM TO CALL.  your experience doesn't mean anything because if ur thought process is so skewed that you are thinking about times when you got outdrawn in an 80/20 or a 70/30 then you should just quit.

this is a insta snap call shove.  the only reason why you would flat is if the villain is extremely laggy and you wanna get his ENTIRE stack in which case you insta snap call ANY flop let alone top set.

what do we do on a 7 6 2 rainbow board? 

what do we do on an A 6 T board?  we can't really be scared of an A as if he had AA it becomes that less likely as one A has hit.  and he can't have AK as we have 2 of them.  so do we sigh fold and go this is so sick he has 5bet me pre with AQ.

i dont mind flatting with KK if you have a read on villain/plan on the hand but if you dont then just get it in.

• edited June 2010
    Wasn't exactly thinking of folding hoggers, just wanted to know what others thought they would do. I had made my mind up I was going to check shove on the flop as the re-raise over my re-raise pre-flop told me he had AA or QQ at best. Then his shove on the flop confirmed in my mind that he had AA so I wasn't too concerned about the flush unless he had Ac and binked another club.  
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Ok but you said what's your next move on that flop,  you have KK on a K high flop! and it will cost you 5k to win 15k.

I don't need to say any more.... A fold is out of the question.

As for check raising all in, that opponant bets properly, so you have no hope of that.

If anyone would genuinely fold here, i will eat my pants.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats Your Next Move? : Ok but you said what's your next move on that flop,  you have KK on a K high flop! and it will cost you 5k to win 15k. I don't need to say any more.... A fold is out of the question. As for check raising all in, that opponant bets properly, so you have no hope of that. If anyone would genuinely fold here, i will eat my pants.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Lol hoggers - I hope they are clean ones - Surely someone will fold lol. But seriously I think your safe.
  • ybyb
    edited June 2010
    Is this a joke?? We have top set...

Oh and just get it in pre. The villain has put almost 50% of his stack in so he's never folding.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats Your Next Move? : On a six handed table all-in pre would be my favoured option, however, with so many cards out on a 10 handed deepy there is always a strong possibility someone is sitting with AA, AQ, AK, QQ, JJ or even 1010 just waiting to call me, Ok I am still in good shape but, experience in a 10 handed deepy tells me unless I have a made up hand on the flop or turn I am most likely going to get binked out by an  Ace, set or even the flush. my KK is not as strong in a 10 handed deepy pre-flop.
    Posted by POKERTREV

WHAT

with kk who cares if he has AK/AQ, we want him to have QQ/JJ. This doesn't make sense. My head hurts. 

BRAIN ASLPODE
  • edited June 2010

As I have now seen the flop, I think this is the best time to shove all in. On this point I think we can all agree.

I have played the hand to the flop and improved my hand so at this stage I think it is safe to say I have to shove regardless of what villain does next.

So that being said, can someone break down my options with KK on a 10 handed deepy?

1.Do I shove all in pre without putting my oppo on a hand?
    2. Was I correct to raise my oppo's re-raise or should I have just shoved against his re-raise?
    3.If I put oppo on AA after he re-raised my re-raise, am I still shoving all-in pre flop? or do I flat call giving me a chance to get out of the hand if I don't improve?
    4. Or are we saying KK in a 10 handed deepy is an insta shove all in pre flop every time?

My thought procces was:  
    I 4/bet pre-to ask the question, villain re-raises, so at this point i could put him on JJ, QQ, AA.
    I re-pop him to ask the question and try to narrow his hand down a little and he answers by coming over the top again. (Does he have AA?) I think if I shove here it is suicide, however, I have invested a good proportion of my stack into the pot so I now decide to flat call to re-asses my hand. My hand improves so I pretty much think it's now going to go all-in.
    But if I hadn't improved on the flop I think I would have folded to his all in as I would have had no option but to put him on AA. (Over 50% of my stack gone but with 8.5K leftat this early stage I would have still been in good shape for the rest of the tourny)

My thought process may be wrong on this occasion and most likely is, which is why I ask you for your advice.

• edited June 2010
    1.Do I shove all in pre without putting my oppo on a hand?

No but we have KK in a low BI donkament.  If he has AA we say GG and go find another tournie.  This isn't the first level of the WSOP ME. 

2. Was I correct to raise my oppo's re-raise or should I have just shoved against his re-raise?

Eithers fine.  Probably too deep to just shove but its not terrible.

3.If I put oppo on AA after he re-raised my re-raise, am I still shoving all-in pre flop? or do I flat call giving me a chance to get out of the hand if I don't improve?

If you put your opponent on AA then you just fold.  But AA is such a sick read its near impossible to do it.  Flat calling is very bad because you are essentially turning KK into 77.  You say you put him on AA/QQ PF....if the flop is Q 9 4 then do we fold because we put him on either a set/AA?  If the flop is T 2 8 do we still fold?  Do we only get it in if we bink a 2 outer?

4. Or are we saying KK in a 10 handed deepy is an insta shove all in pre flop every time?

There are some players where you can fold/flat if ur getting the price but against a random then its an easy stack off.  We are meant to stack off with KK vs AA AIPF.  Remember we too can outdraw on the AA 20pc of the time.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    JESUS CHRIST
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Lol Dude - Woke up dreaming of it this morning.
  • edited June 2010
    1. Do I shove all in pre without putting my oppo on a hand? No but we have KK in a low BI donkament.  If he has AA we say GG and go find another tournie.  This isn't the first level of the WSOP ME.  2. Was I correct to raise my oppo's re-raise or should I have just shoved against his re-raise? Eithers fine.  Probably too deep to just shove but its not terrible. 3. If I put oppo on AA after he re-raised my re-raise, am I still shoving all-in pre flop? or do I flat call giving me a chance to get out of the hand if I don't improve? If you put your opponent on AA then you just fold.  But AA is such a sick read its near impossible to do it.  Flat calling is very bad because you are essentially turning KK into 77.  You say you put him on AA/QQ PF....if the flop is Q 9 4 then do we fold because we put him on either a set/AA?  If the flop is T 2 8 do we still fold?  Do we only get it in if we bink a 2 outer? 4. Or are we saying KK in a 10 handed deepy is an insta shove all in pre flop every time? There are some players where you can fold/flat if ur getting the price but against a random then its an easy stack off.  We are meant to stack off with KK vs AA AIPF.  Remember we too can outdraw on the AA 20pc of the time.
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks Scotty.
    Thats much more understandable to me and thanks for taking the time to reply m8y.

Cheers
    Pokertrev.
  • edited June 2010
    A KING AND ANOTHER KING

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII arrrrrr eeeeeeeeeeeeeen
  • edited June 2010
    A KING AND ANOTHER KING WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII arrrrrr eeeeeeeeeeeeeen
    Posted by beaneh
    Beaneh.
    There are far too many I's in that word, unless you are in a whole lot of pain.

(A bit like me when I play the rest of this hand out)
  • edited June 2010
    What did he have out of interest? I'm guessing AA with club.
  • edited June 2010
    What did he have out of interest? I'm guessing AA with club.
    Posted by Sandez89
    Ok - I will post rest of hand
  • edited June 2010
    Here is how the hand played out.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxx Small blind  40.00 40.00 9511.25
    xxx Big blind  80.00 120.00 3765.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

xxx Fold     
    xxx Fold     
    POKERTREV Raise  320.00 440.00 12775.00
    villain Raise  1040.00 1480.00 9111.25
    xxx Fold     
    xxx Fold     
    xxx Fold     
    xxx Fold     
    POKERTREV Raise  1440.00 2920.00 11335.00
    villain Raise  3600.00 6520.00 5511.25
    POKERTREV Call  2880.00 9400.00 8455.00
    Flop

• K
    • J

POKERTREV Check     
    villain All-in  5511.25 14911.25 0.00
    POKERTREV Call  5511.25 20422.50 2943.75
    POKERTREV Show
    • K
    • K

villain Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• J

River

• A

villain Win Full House, Aces and Jacks 20422.50  20422.50
  • edited June 2010
    Here is how the hand played out. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance xxx  Small blind   40.00 40.00 9511.25 xxx  Big blind   80.00 120.00 3765.00   Your hole cards K K       xxx  Fold         xxx  Fold         POKERTREV Raise   320.00 440.00 12775.00 villain  Raise   1040.00 1480.00 9111.25 xxx  Fold         xxx  Fold         xxx  Fold         xxx  Fold         POKERTREV Raise   1440.00 2920.00 11335.00 villain  Raise   3600.00 6520.00 5511.25 POKERTREV Call   2880.00 9400.00 8455.00 Flop     5 K J       POKERTREV Check         villain  All-in   5511.25 14911.25 0.00 POKERTREV Call   5511.25 20422.50 2943.75 POKERTREV Show K K       villain  Show A A       Turn     J       River     A       villain  Win Full House, Aces and Jacks 20422.50   20422.50 Villain hit J on Turn and River A to take down the pot.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I wondered how you went from 20,000 to 2,900 after i got moved to another table! If its any help I also woke up at 5am this morning thinking about the ****ing donk that put me out.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    why dont you want hands to call you like 10's to queens pre flop?

confused.com
  • edited June 2010
    why dont you want hands to call you like 10's to queens pre flop? confused.com
    Posted by barnsie
    Hi Barnsie.
    If I were playing a 6 handed table, I would be happy to be called with those type of cards all day long.

The maximum number of cards out pre flop on a 6 seater is 12 (17 including flop, turn & river)

The maximum number of of cards out pre-flop on a 10 seater is 20 (25 including flop, turn & river)

Because there are more players and more cards out in a 10 seater, I don't feel the holding cards are as strong pre-flop as they would normally be on a 6 seater. For instance there is more chance of multiple pairs and also Ace high hands being dealt such as A10, AJ, AQ, AK as holding cards and the more players that fold pre-flop the more likely it is that an ace or a set is going to be dealt with the remaining few cards.

If you play 10 seaters regularly, it soon becomes apparent that holding cards pre-flop are not as strong as 6 seater tournies and players use a much wider calling range and you seem to have more chance of getting your hand through without too much collateral damage if you see the flop first and then re-asses. 

This is only my observation, but one which gets me to many final tables in the 10 seater deepies.
  • edited June 2010
    If I were playing a 6 handed table, I would be happy to be called with those type of cards all day long.

WHAT.  The equity that QQ has vs KK is the same no matter if you are playing HU/6seater/10 seater.

• ybyb
    edited June 2010
    So if you're at a 6 seater table you're happy to be called with QQ/JJ/AK/AQ etc when you have KK but on a 10 seater table you're not???

And how is it more likely for a player to hit a set/ace on the flop of a 10 seater table? The odds of this happening is still the same however many handed you are playing...
  • edited June 2010
    Easiest Call you can make wats there 2 think about??? what u should have been doing is putting them 2 the test pre flop other than that gimi the loot gimi the loot you have flopd top set NO BRAINERRRRRR ok so he hits his out but on the flop u are massiv it doesnt happen often aa vs kk pre flop but when it does b ready for fireworks simple as
  • edited June 2010
    I wish my name was Merenovice as I might be able to explain this a little better lol.

If I give you 10 cards and ask you to pull out the Ace the odds are 10-1
    If I give you 6 cards and ask you to pull out the Ace the odds are only 6-1

On a 6 Seater table there are 40 cards left in the pack after the hole cards are dealt, so if there was only one ace left the odds of the next card being an Ace would be 40-1

On a 10 Seater table there are only 32 cards left in the pack after the hole cards have been dealt, so if there was only one Ace left the odds of the next card being an Ace would only be 32-1

I cant work out the odds for these scenarios if there were 3 Aces in the pack and you had 5 attempts (ie -Community Cards), but obviously the odds would be dramatically reduced.

Maybe someone can ask Merenovice. (cause I have a headache)
  • edited June 2010
    you are wrong.  you do not calculate odds that way
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats Your Next Move?:
    I wish my name was Merenovice as I might be able to explain this a little better lol. If I give you 10 cards and ask you to pull out the Ace the odds are 10-1 If I give you 6 cards and ask you to pull out the Ace the odds are only 6-1 On a 6 Seater table there are 40 cards left in the pack after the hole cards are dealt, so if there was only one ace left the odds of the next card being an Ace would be 40-1 On a 10 Seater table there are only 32 cards left in the pack after the hole cards have been dealt, so if there was only one Ace left the odds of the next card being an Ace would only be 32-1 I cant work out the odds for these scenarios if there were 3 Aces in the pack and you had 5 attempts (ie -Community Cards), but obviously the odds would be dramatically reduced. Maybe someone can ask Merenovice. (cause I have a headache)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    head asplode

If you have 52 cards and 4 aces, odds of an ace are 4/52,

on the second draw you now have 51 cards and 4 aces to hit so 4/51 if you missed, 3/51 if you hit.

To work out the probability of one thing and another you multiply the numbers.