You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats Your Next Move?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats Your Next Move?:
    you are wrong.  you do not calculate odds that way
    Posted by scotty77
    Your probably right scotty lol, but calculas wasn't my strong point at school and I was just trying to explain my thinking in a simple mannor.

I'm not helping much am I? Perhaps I should just admit defeat and go back to the tables.

Anyway, I do value the points you have made on this post Scotty and every little bit helps to improve my game.

Many Thanks m8y. 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats Your Next Move?:
    As I have now seen the flop, I think this is the best time to shove all in. On this point I think we can all agree. I have played the hand to the flop and improved my hand so at this stage I think it is safe to say I have to shove regardless of what villain does next. So that being said, can someone break down my options with KK on a 10 handed deepy? 1. Do I shove all in pre without putting my oppo on a hand? 2. Was I correct to raise my oppo's re-raise or should I have just shoved against his re-raise? 3. If I put oppo on AA after he re-raised my re-raise, am I still shoving all-in pre flop? or do I flat call giving me a chance to get out of the hand if I don't improve? 4. Or are we saying KK in a 10 handed deepy is an insta shove all in pre flop every time? My thought procces was:   I 4/bet pre-to ask the question, villain re-raises, so at this point i could put him on JJ, QQ, AA. I re-pop him to ask the question and try to narrow his hand down a little and he answers by coming over the top again. (Does he have AA?) I think if I shove here it is suicide, however, I have invested a good proportion of my stack into the pot so I now decide to flat call to re-asses my hand. My hand improves so I pretty much think it's now going to go all-in. But if I hadn't improved on the flop I think I would have folded to his all in as I would have had no option but to put him on AA. (Over 50% of my stack gone but with 8.5K left at this early stage I would have still been in good shape for the rest of the tourny) My thought process may be wrong on this occasion and most likely is, which is why I ask you for your advice.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i really hate this ASKING THE QUESTION line of thinking, what question were you asking? have you got Aces? would you 5 bet me with AK AQ JJ QQ? well i asked but i dont believe you so will you 7 bet me with ak aq  jj qq?,

so you asked he told you and you didnt believe so pretty pointless really,
    at least you didnt turn your kk into a bluff and fold it pre,
    BET FOR VALUE BET FOR VALUE BET FOR VALUE BET FOR VALUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i hope this makes sense........ no point calling the last bet pf the best move was allin you have 60% EQUITY in this hand against his range get it in and be done with it
  • edited June 2010
    IMO you absolutely had to get it all-in after that flop. You played the hand perfectly well.

You were rightly worried about AA pre-flop. But that flop was almost perfect for you, only KKx would have been better, given the pre-flop action there's virtually no way he'd be holding 2 clubs, Ac A is your biggest worry.

You were unlucky on this occasion, it's just one of those things. This was a massive +ev situation, if you put him on 2 random aces your equity was 76% (65% if he held Ac, 87% if he didn't). Three times out of four you'd have won this pot, then be left sitting with a monster stack and well set up for a deep run.

• edited July 2010
    still confused.com!