You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE SAXON ARMY ready for the regionals / please post here

the saxon army team

si1verback
rainbow_x_
gremli22
bigbudd03
Candi
35suited
imber
karlluke
MYSHARKY
SHAUNY

gl all team memmbers and i will keep you all posted  on what is going as and when we here

Comments

• edited June 2010
    team looks great siver :)
    any idea wen the battle begins :)
  • edited June 2010
    hi rain
    as soon as jaegger can get it sorted hopfully at the beginning of next month fingers crossed xxx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: THE SAXON ARMY ready for the regionals / please post here:
    hi rain as soon as jaegger can get it sorted hopfully at the beginning of next month fingers crossed xxx
    Posted by silver8ack
    tyvm :)
  • edited July 2010
    to the tune of the addams family:

d d d d - dd
    d d d d - dd
    d d d d - dd
    the saxon army team

we're silver and we're suited
    our chant is never muted
    our pride is deeply rooted
    the saxon army team

we're carluke and we're candi
    our dress sense rather dandy
    forever feeling r----
    the saxon army team

we're gremli and we're sharky
    our humour's sometimes sarky
    but we look really good in khaki
    the saxon army team

we're imber and we're rainbow
    we win to make the pain go
    to lose is not a choice though
    for the saxon army team

we're bigbudd and we're shawny
    our poetry is corny
    deadly when we're h----
    the saxon army team

we're gonna take the tourney
    we'll beat you on the journey
    we make you watch and learn-y
    the saxon army team
  • edited July 2010
    imber  that is brill anf just for that your our  offical moral builder

and that has to be our offical army chant
    very well done
    more plz

saxon army bring it on
  • edited July 2010

As Silver has put me in charge of team morale – here’s a little team talk in the dressing room before we face our first match.

Tolerance and patience when the bullies are pushing

Hearts on the river to complete a run “flushing”.

Enterprise and cunning to hide the absolute nuts

Sensational play when you really need guts.

Absolute faith in your ability to read

X-ray vision to help you succeed.

Overall strategy and a considered master plan

Not “all –in” with rubbish – “wham bam thank you ma’am”.

A clear head at the table will help you succeed

Resist all the urges of ultimate greed.

Manage bad breaks with dignity, good grace and a smile

Your team will ultimately be “top of the pile.”

p.s. if it sounds really corny – read the first letters of each line out loud three times and you’ll be ready for battle.

• edited July 2010
    imber :)
    for sure you are pure gold plz plz keep them coming i have pm all team mates to read these as they just what we need and i believe with you in charge of morale boosting we will take this tourny to the bank

si1verback      team captian
    rainbow_x_     team colours
    gremli22
    bigbudd03       offical money tree
    Candi             team floss
    35suited         the great shark
    imber             offical moral booster
    karlluke
    MYSHARKY    
    SHAUNY
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to THE SAXON ARMY ready for the regionals / please post here:
    the saxon army team si1verback rainbow_x_ gremli22 bigbudd03 Candi 35suited imber karlluke MYSHARKY SHAUNY gl all team memmbers and i will keep you all posted  on what is going as and when we here
    Posted by silver8ack
    Thank you for the PM hunni 

saxon army!    xxxxx   Flossy......... ready!

• edited July 2010
    As Silver has put me in charge of team morale – here’s a little team talk in the dressing room before we face our first match.   Tolerance and patience when the bullies are pushing Hearts on the river to complete a run “flushing”. Enterprise and cunning to hide the absolute nuts Sensational play when you really need guts. Absolute faith in your ability to read X-ray vision to help you succeed. Overall strategy and a considered master plan Not “all –in” with rubbish – “wham bam thank you ma’am”. A clear head at the table will help you succeed Resist all the urges of ultimate greed. Manage bad breaks with dignity, good grace and a smile Your team will ultimately be “top of the pile.”     p.s. if it sounds really corny – read the first letters of each line out loud three times and you’ll be ready for battle.
    Posted by imber

Imber this is absolute quality! You are brilliant! xxxxx
  • edited July 2010

HIYA  to all " teamies" , thanks SILVER  for bringing us all together for another fantastic tourney time,      the last one was great, and i can feel it in my bones that this one will be even better,

IMBER,  YOUR POEMS ARE FANTASTIC, thanks for the mention, how did you know my fave colour looool 

GO GO GO SAXON ARMY TEAM        
  • edited July 2010
    As Silver has put me in charge of team morale – here’s a little team talk in the dressing room before we face our first match.   Tolerance and patience when the bullies are pushing Hearts on the river to complete a run “flushing”. Enterprise and cunning to hide the absolute nuts Sensational play when you really need guts. Absolute faith in your ability to read X-ray vision to help you succeed. Overall strategy and a considered master plan Not “all –in” with rubbish – “wham bam thank you ma’am”. A clear head at the table will help you succeed Resist all the urges of ultimate greed. Manage bad breaks with dignity, good grace and a smile Your team will ultimately be “top of the pile.”     p.s. if it sounds really corny – read the first letters of each line out loud three times and you’ll be ready for battle.
    Posted by imber
    FANTASTIC :)
  • edited July 2010

Take ten warriors from the land of the east

Load ‘em with chips and unleash the beast

We don’t fear the “novice” or even the “hogg”

They’ll lay down their hands with their faces agog.

Candi’ll slay ‘em with a flash of a smile

Tikay and Orford will both run a mile!

Fear not Saxons we will deliver

Wait till they see what we’ve got on the river.

• edited July 2010

Beware of our team from darkest East Anglia

Nine are tall and one even ganglier

8 kings, one queen – and not forgetting the joker

We aim to clean up in the world of Sky Poker.

• edited July 2010
    your amazing to come up with all these.
    so glad your on team
    imber is the one
    whos keeping us all keen .

maybe not as good but thought i would have a go lol
  • edited July 2010
    your amazing to come up with all these. so glad your on team imber is the one whos keeping us all keen . maybe not as good but thought i would have a go lol
    Posted by silver8ack
    nice try hun :)
  • edited July 2010
             HIYA  to all " teamies" , thanks SILVER  for bringing us all together for another fantastic tourney time,      the last one was great, and i can feel it in my bones that this one will be even better,                        IMBER,  YOUR POEMS ARE FANTASTIC, thanks for the mention, how did you know my fave colour looool                                                    GO GO GO SAXON ARMY TEAM        
    Posted by gremli22
    ellllllllo gremli :)
  • edited July 2010
    Take ten warriors from the land of the east Load ‘em with chips and unleash the beast We don’t fear the “novice” or even the “hogg” They’ll lay down their hands with their faces agog. Candi’ll slay ‘em with a flash of a smile Tikay and Orford will both run a mile! Fear not Saxons we will deliver Wait till they see what we’ve got on the river.
    Posted by imber
    You make me smile hunni so you do! xxxx

I loves ya!  : )
  • edited July 2010
             HIYA  to all " teamies" , thanks SILVER  for bringing us all together for another fantastic tourney time,      the last one was great, and i can feel it in my bones that this one will be even better,                        IMBER,  YOUR POEMS ARE FANTASTIC, thanks for the mention, how did you know my fave colour looool                                                    GO GO GO SAXON ARMY TEAM        
    Posted by gremli22
    hi gremli and nice to see your post here . your quiet welcome and i know that we have a very strong chance at this with the team we have now :)
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by gremli22
    Hiya hunni

We are the East Anglian  saxon army  and we are going to woop woop wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  

BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!  xxxx  :  )
  • edited July 2010

Hi IMBER  think that last post ought to read...... 6 KINGS, 3 QUEENS not forgetting the joker :)
  • edited July 2010

Thanks all for the lovely welcome, were sure going to have a great time together, so looking forward to our games can't wait to get going........... GO GO SAXON ARMY  
  • edited July 2010
    your amazing to come up with all these. so glad your on team imber is the one whos keeping us all keen . maybe not as good but thought i would have a go lol
    Posted by silver8ack
    struggle as i do to follow this - it's impossible to beat - your poetry is legendary - among our team's elite.

having great fun coming up with these - and thanks for all your comments - let me know when you get fed up of them- in the meantime -

its wonderful to be colloquial

finding rhymes can drive you barmy

but the sweat and the tears are worthily shed

for the cause of the Saxon Army
  • edited July 2010
                 Hi IMBER  think that last post ought to read...... 6 KINGS, 3 QUEENS not forgetting the joker :)
    Posted by gremli22
    hi gremli - your info is probably betther than mine - genders are often extremely well disguised. we probably will never know the truth till we all meet in luton for an anglia showdown
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THE SAXON ARMY ready for the regionals / please post here : hi gremli - your info is probably betther than mine - genders are often extremely well disguised. we probably will never know the truth till we all meet in luton for an anglia showdown
    Posted by imber

Well I for one am definately female. Well I was last time I checked lol  : )

SAXON ARMY
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THE SAXON ARMY ready for the regionals / please post here : Well I for one am definately female. Well I was last time I checked lol  : )                         SAXON ARM Y
    Posted by candi
    you know candi - i'd sort of worked that one out for myself! we might have enough for a full cheerleading section - you never know! glad u introduced me to the team - let's hope it does take off - and soon

come on you saxons
  • edited July 2010
    i think we have to wiat til jaegger comes back on the 16th as he was the one to sujest this.
    but in the mean time imber plaese keep em coming.
    and if any of the lady's in the team want to start a chearleading group i am sure it will help

saxon army regional rulers
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THE SAXON ARMY ready for the regionals / please post here : you know candi - i'd sort of worked that one out for myself! we might have enough for a full cheerleading section - you never know! glad u introduced me to the team - let's hope it does take off - and soon come on you saxons
    Posted by imber
    Always a pleasure hunni. My Thanks to you for joinging us, I am so glad you did! xxxx
  • edited July 2010
    i think we have to wiat til jaegger comes back on the 16th as he was the one to sujest this. but in the mean time imber plaese keep em coming. and if any of the lady's in the team want to start a chearleading group i am sure it will help saxon army regional rulers
    Posted by silver8ack
    Cheerleading how lovely. May I ask, could I be team mascot? xxxx
  • edited July 2010
    si1verback      team captian
    rainbow_x_     team colours
    gremli22
    bigbudd03       offical money tree
    Candi             team mascot
    35suited         the great shark
    imber             offical moral booster
    karlluke
    MYSHARKY    
    SHAUNY

there you go candi
  • edited July 2010

WOW  IMBER, what a good idea, would love to meet up with everyone, it is hard to know genders from the names, maybe there's more females than i know too.....lol , but keep them gems coming there doing us all a power of good. :)

GO GO SAXON ARMY