You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Well here it is... JULY!!!

I for one am very excited. I'm all moved into the new place (more on that in my next blog) and after my rather dire attempt at the World cup challenge rebuys  In which I will have to concede defeat having not been able to play this week due to said move and a total lack of internet at the new place.. (Cue the local internet cafe for this offering and my WC challenge blog to follow) I am now all fresh faced and bushy tailed ready for a whole new month of Sky Poker pleasure!

Now my BR is at an all time low of 0.42p (BAD TIMES), So I will be INVESTING £50 0r £49.58 to be exact and maintaining an almost military sense of discipline in building it back up ( GOOD TIMES!).

So here's what I propose:

For July I will be playing mostly DYMs. Starting at £2.25 and moving up to £3.30 and £5.50 asap..

My challenge is this.

How many consecutive cashes can you rack up?

Mr Orford recently made it to a massive 9 consecutive wins and I will challenging him and you to see who can make it to the most wins before the end of the month!

There will be an awesome prize for the winner.. (So I may need proof of your wins but a 'top three prize payout cut and paste' list may suffice) More on that to be announced later.

So, there you have it.. The gauntlet! Thrown down at your feet.

Use this thread for your DYM posts and successes as well as to advertise if you are around for a game and need fellow DYMers to join you. 

GOOD LUCK to you... and GOOD LUCK to me!!

xxx

Comments

• edited July 2010
    GL LM, will you be playing today? 
  • edited July 2010
    Very good luck to you LML.
    I look forward to reading of your successes.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Vince!!

Hey MOOOOOOO.. I can't do this weekend but will be starting with a vengeance on Monday and will post on this thread every time I sit at a table to give you MAXIMUM chance to take my money ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I'll get the ball rolling.  I'm currently on 1 straight wins.  Will report back when I have news worth reporting.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll be in this LM - need to get back to trying some DYMs. 
  • edited July 2010
    Just walked into a straight flush, so its -1 for me. :0(
  • edited July 2010
    Good Morning LM

Good luck with your challenge, you CAN do it, there may be a small possibility I may be around at some point ;), glad you move went ok too :), my DYM,s ar not going well atm havnt cashed in the last 5 :(
  • edited July 2010
    Gd luck LML and im gonna guess you WILL beat orfords and rack up at least 10 in a row.dav
  • edited July 2010
    Can I just clarify LM....

Is it a consecutive stretch in one particular level of DYM or can you string together games at any level?

I'm always flitting about from 30p upwards (£3.30 being the highest I've tried) and very rarely stay at one level for more than a couple of games at a time.
  • edited July 2010

I find dym's so hideously aggravating but i cannot resist playing them sometimes, so i will give this a go..

Wishing you all the best with your challenge LML! Good Luck!

P.S I cannot believe for one minute that Dohhhhhhh will play a dym, prove me wrong JJ! Oh and stop swearing!

• edited July 2010
    In Response to DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    Well here it is... JULY!!! I for one am very excited. I'm all moved into the new place (more on that in my next blog) and after my rather dire attempt at the World cup challenge rebuys  In which I will have to concede defeat having not been able to play this week due to said move and a total lack of internet at the new place.. (Cue the local internet cafe for this offering and my WC challenge blog to follow) I am now all fresh faced and bushy tailed ready for a whole new month of Sky Poker pleasure! Now my BR is at an all time low of 0.42p (BAD TIMES), So I will be INVESTING £50 0r £49.58 to be exact and maintaining an almost military sense of discipline in building it back up ( GOOD TIMES!). So here's what I propose: For July I will be playing mostly DYMs. Starting at £2.25 and moving up to £3.30 and £5.50 asap.. My challenge is this. How many consecutive cashes can you rack up? Mr Orford recently made it to a massive 9 consecutive wins and I will challenging him and you to see who can make it to the most wins before the end of the month! There will be an awesome prize for the winner..(So I may need proof of your wins but a 'top three prize payout cut and paste' list may suffice) More on that to be announced later. So, there you have it.. The gauntlet! Thrown down at your feet. Use this thread for your DYM posts and successes as well as to advertise if you are around for a game and need fellow DYMers to join you.  GOOD LUCK to you... and GOOD LUCK to me!! xxx
    Posted by LML
    The prize (tbc) is putting up shelves at LML`s new gaff, which means IRISHROVER is ruled out before a ball is even kicked ;0)
  • edited July 2010
    WOOOHOO Glad to have you aboard!

Butini it can be ANY level but they do need to be consecutive so one loss and it's back to ZERO..

I feel I may be spending a fair amount of time at ZERO. POSITIVE thinking though eh?!

Just waiting on confirmation of my requested prize or a worthy alternative.

Right.. I'm off to the home of Swedish meatballs in search of a desk for my lappy!

x

• edited July 2010
    Hi LM

Played 2 lost 2 :(
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers Lisa Marie

I've just checked my notes and I'm currently on 3.

Thanks a lot..... a whole host of new "nerves" have just well and truly kicked in!!

Edit - 4 now
  • edited July 2010

Hi Lisa Good Luck with your Challenge i'm sure you will do well i've not played dym's for a while so i may have a go at a few low stake ones all the best

Michael
  • edited July 2010
    Well not the greatest start for me my first dym i go out first hand, had 1010 utg raised it to 100 2 callers.  Flop come 7 high, i put a pot size bet in 1 caller.  Turn Ace, this should have scared me but instead i go all in villain snap calls with pocket kings. The ace should have scared both of us but it didnt, things can only get better!!
  • edited July 2010
    Good Luck LML,
    I will join your party and take part in this challenge.
  • edited July 2010

ok lisa count me in and gl all !
  • edited July 2010

I have thought of a little dym related challenge that i'm gonna do beside this one...

I am going to attempt to win a game at every level (without losing) from 30p to 55 quid.  It will be tough, and i will start by multi tabling a 30p 60p 1.15 and 2.25 game.

Then if i win all those, i will play 3.30 then 5.5, 11, 16.50, 22, 33, 44, and finally 55. That would be a run of 12 games at 12 different levels...

If i lose any of the games i have to start from scratch!

almost impossible, but i will give it a good go. Ive got till 31st July to do it.

• edited July 2010

There isnt a £44 game mate, and dont ya fancy giving the £110 ago as well?

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    There isnt a £44 game mate, and dont ya fancy giving the £110 ago as well?
    Posted by 35suited
    there used to be a £44 quid game they must have got rid of it

and yes ill play the £110 instead, so it will still be a run of 12 games if i get that far!
  • edited July 2010
    Nice one. Good luck with that Greg - might give me a chance to tussle with you while you're "briefly" tearing up the lower end.

If you get the chance/time some sort of comparison as to how the different levels play would be v interesting.

Edit - I'm currently on 5
  • edited July 2010

gonna have a go at this on 30p/60p omaha  so far 1 of 1
  • edited July 2010
    1 out of 1 on the 30p DYM
  • edited July 2010
    I'll give this a go.

20 is my goal.

I'll be playing between the 30p and £2.20 levels.
  • edited July 2010
    Played 3 lost 3
  • edited July 2010
    Played 5 today so far

60p first and lost 1010 into kk
    £1.10 won
    £2.25 won
    £2.20 won
    30p lost ajsuited into aa

So back down to a run of 0 but at least its keeping me away from the horses and vegas for a little while :)

Always seem to do worse at the lowest level ones, use to think it was because i didnt care playing for 30p/60p but have really tried in all the ones ive played today yet still didnt cash in them.

Gareth
  • edited July 2010
    Played 3 lost 3
    Posted by acebarry10
    Is this your own reverse version of the game you've got going there Barry? 

(DB - Currently on 5)
  • edited July 2010
    I'm in - dyms bore me to tears, but it's where the variance is at its lowest
  • edited July 2010
    Played 5 today so far 60p first and lost 1010 into kk £1.10 won £2.25 won £2.20 won 30p lost ajsuited into aa So back down to a run of 0 but at least its keeping me away from the horses and vegas for a little while :)Always seem to do worse at the lowest level ones, use to think it was because i didnt care playing for 30p/60p but have really tried in all the ones ive played today yet still didnt cash in them. Gareth
    Posted by 35suited

Gareth you refer to something I've wondered about having only played up and down the lower levels (30p - £3.30)

Hence my request to Greg if he could find time to report his findings if he goes all the way along the food chain.

Edit - I don't mean "if" .... I mean "after" of course.